“Enjoyable Stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Bel Air Collection Resort & Spa Vallarta

Save Saved
You added Bel Air Collection Resort & Spa Vallarta to your Saves list
Bel Air Collection Resort & Spa Vallarta
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   Blvd Costero 800 Sur | Fracc. Flamingos, Nuevo Vallarta 63732, Mexico   |
Ranked #9 of 24 hotels in Nuevo Vallarta
Strathmore, Canada
“Enjoyable Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

My time at the resort was very relaxing as usual. I love the infinity pool!The grounds are very pleasant and well maintained. Jessica does a great job running events around the pool.(New this year are the free use of bikes.) Poncho,Trinidad,Erique are just a few of the great guys working the front desk area.Teresa the cleaning lady was very particular.The beds were very comfortable.

627 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

We stayed from November 3 to 10, and had an amazing time. The resort was beautiful and the staff were excellent. The spa experience was excellent also. Not one complaint from us, only wished we could stay longer. Hector, Rafael, Danial, & Martin were the best, knowing what we wanted to drink each and every time we lounged on the beach, by the pool, or in one of the amazing restaurants. The Sushi and Martini bar was a quaint romantic spot that we frequented often for great sushi. We would go again and again to this resort. Our room was gorgeous, with a great view of the ocean. The cleanliness of the resort was also awesome.

Room Tip: The Tao Tower was great, with a great view, as well as being on the quieter side.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Fruitland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

Pool and staff were awesome. Jessica and Karla were great activities directors. Elevator in one building didn't work for 3 days and didn't offer to move older people to another building when facility wasn't that busy. Water in room didn't work part of the time for whatever reason. A/C in room didn't work for a couple days in 2605 so ask for a different room if they try to assign this room as calling maintenace did not solve problem. Drinks at the pool were not of the best quality and some of the food there was not as advertised on menu especially the chicken strips. They were pressed pieces of not sure what and were gray in color not white or yellowish like I would expect from chicken.

Fruitland, Idaho
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

Just returned home on November 10th, after spending 7 nights at the Bel Air. What a fiasco. We were on the 6th floor and had no elevator for just over 3 days. No communication from Business Office about when we would again get service. Called "service department" on 3 different occassions as we continued to run out of water. Called "service department" as our air conditioner did not work in the bedrooms. They said they would add freon. Didn't happen. Two of the nights there was an extremely large group of kids, probably 100-200, that went up and down the hallways and knocking on doors. Toward the end of our stay I asked for a 3 hours late checkout, as our plane did not leave until late in the afternoon. I told them I thought that was a small inconvenience for what they had done to our stay. The person at the desk said he could not make that decision. The following day we were granted the extra 3 hours. The bright spot was Jessica at the pool. What a sweetheart. All I can say is be aware..........

Monterrey, Mexico
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

We stayed at BelAir Puerto Vallarta to attend a wedding during a 3-night weekend, paying for a “Gourmet Package” including room and all food and beverages. To summarize a below average stay: very tiny room, insufficient accommodation for pool or beach resting, food fair at most (a noticeable exemption is the oriental evening restaurant), scarce close to unavailable activities. Clearly, the hotel was not prepared for servicing our 200 people group attending the wedding. The waiters and other employees tried the impossible to balance what the management could not provide but many times the service was from awful to nonexistent. Unfortunately, there were persons from other countries that may consider this as an example of a Mexican vacation, but for sure BelAir Puerto Vallarta should not be considered as a good alternative for visiting the wonderful Mexican beaches. By the way, Puerto Vallarta is a unique destination due to its characteristic of having not only great beaches but also being a very typical town. So if going there you should consider a hotel closer to the town, because even though you decide not to stay at BelAir, other hotels at or close-by the same development are 30-45 minutes far from downtown.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
BelAirVallarta, General Manager at Bel Air Collection Resort & Spa Vallarta, responded to this review, December 7, 2012
Dear Guest:

We are very sorry to read that our service did not exceed your expectations.
Weddings should not be a fact for our guest feel unattended.
Thank you for mention the effort that our staff makes for make your stay unique.

Be sure that we´ll take action about your comments.

We always hope to see you again.

Best Regards.

Anwar Sanchez
San Diego
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012 via mobile

Where to start. The grocery store is right down the street. But it's definitely not walking distance with the humidity down there. The onsite store is cool. The have a nice amount of items for such a small space. Food, liquor, beer, snacks etc. The pool area is awesome. I loved the swim up bar. The sushi was not good at all. I could have made better myself. The nachos were pretty good. For room service we ordered adobada (spocy pork)pizza. When it arrived we got carne asada instead. I ate it because we hadn't gone to the grocery and was starving after the long plane ride. My wife and I were planning on spending some alone time since there was supposedly a kids club on property. When she went to check on the condition of the kids club looked as if it were abandoned. The spa is located at the entrance of the property. I wouldn't want to walk back after a relaxing massage in the humid heat. When my wife went to check on the spa, it seemed abandoned as well. She waited at the desk for someone to attend to her and no one came until she exited.

Last but not least WIFI, WIFI, WIFI.. I am not a nerd. I know your suppose to go on vacation and get away from it all. But, in the day and age I don't think Internet is included. I brought a laptop, iPad, and both of our iPhones with us. All use WIFI. The couple which was getting married also had a ipad and that was supposed to be our means of communication with each other via FaceTime . Reason being is we were watching there child/ our niece while they were enjoying there honeymoon.. The first day there I requested the network key to access the wifi network. I was given a password which did not work. The following day i attempted again and it did not work again. We then went to the wedding. Shortly before our departure, the sky's opened up and it began to rain buckets. We returned later that night and before passing the front desk to go to the room I requested another password because the one I was given did not work. I was then told that due to the rain it had knocked out the signal for wifi. I was baffled, everyday from June to September I checked the weather forecast and it called for showers. Everyday. That was a poor excuse.especially considering it is a tropical destination where it rains quite often. Finally, they gave me a password(gerencia) which noone else supposedly had access to. The catch I could only access the signal from downstairs. Mind you I was on the 6th floor, with extremely slow elevators. I went totry the new network key. It also did not work. We gave up all attempts after day 3 of 7 for wifi use. I love traveling. I been to other parts of Mexico, carribean, Hawaii. I conduct extensive research to maximize the experience while traveling as everyone should. I had tripadvisor, and google earth loaded with destinations we were "going to see. " Of course they had a business center but I had everything saved online and ready to go. We finally accepted the fact we would not have internet access. When guess what? The cable signal went out. I know its a vacation. I know I should enjoy my families company but that was ridiculous. I called the desk and guess what? WIFI works day 6 of 7.

The resort was nice but I beleive the website needs some upgrading as far as accomodations offered. I really felt like I failed my family as the vacation planner on this trip.

Would I return to Bel Air. Definitely if the picked up the whole resort and moved it to another city. Oahu, Miami, it would fit In great but needs to fix some things

• Stayed September 2012
Lake Tapps
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

Just spent 5 days at Bel Aire Vallarta, had a great time. Jessica the activity director makes everyone feel welcome at water aerobics, dart tournaments, Bingo and other games and activities. She remembered our names every day and was a delight. Daniel is the best waiter at the pool bar and restaurant, so attentive and fun. Fabricio, the concierge, was great and very helpful and taught us how to use the bus system. These people work such long hours but are polite and friendly all the time. The hotel's billing system is all tied to your room - no cash or credit cards are accepted at any of the restaurants. Whether or not you are on all inclusive, the staff is working hard to earn your tips from the meals. If you change to another staff member's area, they are going to be disappointed (and lose your order ) because they lose income.

Room Tip: There are weddings at the resort most weekends, with bands and dancing and fireworks on the beach un...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Been to Bel Air Collection Resort & Spa Vallarta? Share your experiences!