“People saved a complicated stay” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Bel Air Collection Resort & Spa Vallarta

Save Saved
You added Bel Air Collection Resort & Spa Vallarta to your Saves list
Bel Air Collection Resort & Spa Vallarta
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   Blvd Costero 800 Sur | Fracc. Flamingos, Nuevo Vallarta 63732, Mexico   |
Ranked #9 of 24 hotels in Nuevo Vallarta
Monterrey, Mexico
“People saved a complicated stay”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

We stayed at BelAir Puerto Vallarta to attend a wedding during a 3-night weekend, paying for a “Gourmet Package” including room and all food and beverages. To summarize a below average stay: very tiny room, insufficient accommodation for pool or beach resting, food fair at most (a noticeable exemption is the oriental evening restaurant), scarce close to unavailable activities. Clearly, the hotel was not prepared for servicing our 200 people group attending the wedding. The waiters and other employees tried the impossible to balance what the management could not provide but many times the service was from awful to nonexistent. Unfortunately, there were persons from other countries that may consider this as an example of a Mexican vacation, but for sure BelAir Puerto Vallarta should not be considered as a good alternative for visiting the wonderful Mexican beaches. By the way, Puerto Vallarta is a unique destination due to its characteristic of having not only great beaches but also being a very typical town. So if going there you should consider a hotel closer to the town, because even though you decide not to stay at BelAir, other hotels at or close-by the same development are 30-45 minutes far from downtown.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
BelAirVallarta, General Manager at Bel Air Collection Resort & Spa Vallarta, responded to this review, December 7, 2012
Dear Guest:

We are very sorry to read that our service did not exceed your expectations.
Weddings should not be a fact for our guest feel unattended.
Thank you for mention the effort that our staff makes for make your stay unique.

Be sure that we´ll take action about your comments.

We always hope to see you again.

Best Regards.

628 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
San Diego
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012 via mobile

Where to start. The grocery store is right down the street. But it's definitely not walking distance with the humidity down there. The onsite store is cool. The have a nice amount of items for such a small space. Food, liquor, beer, snacks etc. The pool area is awesome. I loved the swim up bar. The sushi was not good at all. I could have made better myself. The nachos were pretty good. For room service we ordered adobada (spocy pork)pizza. When it arrived we got carne asada instead. I ate it because we hadn't gone to the grocery and was starving after the long plane ride. My wife and I were planning on spending some alone time since there was supposedly a kids club on property. When she went to check on the condition of the kids club looked as if it were abandoned. The spa is located at the entrance of the property. I wouldn't want to walk back after a relaxing massage in the humid heat. When my wife went to check on the spa, it seemed abandoned as well. She waited at the desk for someone to attend to her and no one came until she exited.

Last but not least WIFI, WIFI, WIFI.. I am not a nerd. I know your suppose to go on vacation and get away from it all. But, in the day and age I don't think Internet is included. I brought a laptop, iPad, and both of our iPhones with us. All use WIFI. The couple which was getting married also had a ipad and that was supposed to be our means of communication with each other via FaceTime . Reason being is we were watching there child/ our niece while they were enjoying there honeymoon.. The first day there I requested the network key to access the wifi network. I was given a password which did not work. The following day i attempted again and it did not work again. We then went to the wedding. Shortly before our departure, the sky's opened up and it began to rain buckets. We returned later that night and before passing the front desk to go to the room I requested another password because the one I was given did not work. I was then told that due to the rain it had knocked out the signal for wifi. I was baffled, everyday from June to September I checked the weather forecast and it called for showers. Everyday. That was a poor excuse.especially considering it is a tropical destination where it rains quite often. Finally, they gave me a password(gerencia) which noone else supposedly had access to. The catch I could only access the signal from downstairs. Mind you I was on the 6th floor, with extremely slow elevators. I went totry the new network key. It also did not work. We gave up all attempts after day 3 of 7 for wifi use. I love traveling. I been to other parts of Mexico, carribean, Hawaii. I conduct extensive research to maximize the experience while traveling as everyone should. I had tripadvisor, and google earth loaded with destinations we were "going to see. " Of course they had a business center but I had everything saved online and ready to go. We finally accepted the fact we would not have internet access. When guess what? The cable signal went out. I know its a vacation. I know I should enjoy my families company but that was ridiculous. I called the desk and guess what? WIFI works day 6 of 7.

The resort was nice but I beleive the website needs some upgrading as far as accomodations offered. I really felt like I failed my family as the vacation planner on this trip.

Would I return to Bel Air. Definitely if the picked up the whole resort and moved it to another city. Oahu, Miami, it would fit In great but needs to fix some things

• Stayed September 2012
Lake Tapps
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

Just spent 5 days at Bel Aire Vallarta, had a great time. Jessica the activity director makes everyone feel welcome at water aerobics, dart tournaments, Bingo and other games and activities. She remembered our names every day and was a delight. Daniel is the best waiter at the pool bar and restaurant, so attentive and fun. Fabricio, the concierge, was great and very helpful and taught us how to use the bus system. These people work such long hours but are polite and friendly all the time. The hotel's billing system is all tied to your room - no cash or credit cards are accepted at any of the restaurants. Whether or not you are on all inclusive, the staff is working hard to earn your tips from the meals. If you change to another staff member's area, they are going to be disappointed (and lose your order ) because they lose income.

Room Tip: There are weddings at the resort most weekends, with bands and dancing and fireworks on the beach un...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Hamilton, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

New owners have made many improvements and continue to do so. They have maintained ther best and most experienced staff member in all departments. As soon as we set foot on the property, we are reconized and addressed by name and welcomed with open arms. Food and food service is very good and reasonably priced. I enjoy the small size of the resort and the fact we are right on the beach. We'll be there in February 2013 once again.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

The time share was presentation was very uncomfortable and the promised 40% off the spa did not apply to the services I selected (although I ordered from the menu they gave me). Otherwise, it was a wonderful week! The staff at Bar Kelly and the main restaurant were very attentive and very helpful. I was on an all inclusive package and was able to run a day long tab which was great. There was a wedding on the weekend so the place did get busy but overall I would highly recommend the service of Rafael, Cristian, Many, David, Armando, Estaban, Ana, Javier, Daniel, Ruben, Gama and Jessica.

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
BelAirVallarta, General Manager at Bel Air Collection Resort & Spa Vallarta, responded to this review, November 4, 2012
Dear Guest:

Thank you the time you took in writing a comment about your stay.
We will share your congrats with the persons you mention .

Also I will have a closer attention to our time share department to make sure they give clients the correct information and avoid any misunderstanding.

Hope to see you soon ¡¡

Best Regards

Monterrey, Mexico
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

The hotel itself is nice, but the service is awful. Waiters don't take orders, or they forget, get mistaken, or take too long. I stayed there a weekend from thursday to sunday, and everyday was the same. The waiters and staff are overall not willing to help customers. The hotel is all-inclusive but there are no wristbands; they give you a check every time you ask for anything. EVERY TIME YOU ASK FOR ANYTHING. Meaning that you ask for a beer, and they take 20-25 mins in getting it (they brought me one warm beer at one time), and they bring you a check where you have to write tip, total, full name, room number and signature. Imagine that for every beverage or food. Checkout was a pain as well. I wouldn't recommend this hotel in a million years and I sure will never stay there again.

Room Tip: There are only just a few suites facing the sea. Specify you want one of those. There are some rooms...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Dear guest:

We are very sorry to read our service did not exceed your expectations.
Be sure that we will share your experience with our staff and work harder in all the mentioned details.

Your comments help us improve all the oportunities areas.

Thank you again for your your stay, we hope you give us a second chance.

Best Regards

West Des Moines, Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

Other than a very contentious time share meeting, we had a wonderful week in Nuevo Vallarta. I compliment the following staff at Bel Aire for excellent service: Gama, Carlos Rubio, Cristo, Polo, Cesar, Ramon, Eduardo and Rafael. The food was good. The resort is small and homey.

We went to Bucerias several times - especially to the flea market and had a wonderful meal at Toscana Mia.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Bel Air Collection Resort & Spa Vallarta? Share your experiences!