Where to start. The grocery store is right down the street. But it's definitely not walking distance with the humidity down there. The onsite store is cool. The have a nice amount of items for such a small space. Food, liquor, beer, snacks etc. The pool area is awesome. I loved the swim up bar. The sushi was not good at all. I could have made better myself. The nachos were pretty good. For room service we ordered adobada (spocy pork)pizza. When it arrived we got carne asada instead. I ate it because we hadn't gone to the grocery and was starving after the long plane ride. My wife and I were planning on spending some alone time since there was supposedly a kids club on property. When she went to check on the condition of the kids club looked as if it were abandoned. The spa is located at the entrance of the property. I wouldn't want to walk back after a relaxing massage in the humid heat. When my wife went to check on the spa, it seemed abandoned as well. She waited at the desk for someone to attend to her and no one came until she exited.
Last but not least WIFI, WIFI, WIFI.. I am not a nerd. I know your suppose to go on vacation and get away from it all. But, in the day and age I don't think Internet is included. I brought a laptop, iPad, and both of our iPhones with us. All use WIFI. The couple which was getting married also had a ipad and that was supposed to be our means of communication with each other via FaceTime . Reason being is we were watching there child/ our niece while they were enjoying there honeymoon.. The first day there I requested the network key to access the wifi network. I was given a password which did not work. The following day i attempted again and it did not work again. We then went to the wedding. Shortly before our departure, the sky's opened up and it began to rain buckets. We returned later that night and before passing the front desk to go to the room I requested another password because the one I was given did not work. I was then told that due to the rain it had knocked out the signal for wifi. I was baffled, everyday from June to September I checked the weather forecast and it called for showers. Everyday. That was a poor excuse.especially considering it is a tropical destination where it rains quite often. Finally, they gave me a password(gerencia) which noone else supposedly had access to. The catch I could only access the signal from downstairs. Mind you I was on the 6th floor, with extremely slow elevators. I went totry the new network key. It also did not work. We gave up all attempts after day 3 of 7 for wifi use. I love traveling. I been to other parts of Mexico, carribean, Hawaii. I conduct extensive research to maximize the experience while traveling as everyone should. I had tripadvisor, and google earth loaded with destinations we were "going to see. " Of course they had a business center but I had everything saved online and ready to go. We finally accepted the fact we would not have internet access. When guess what? The cable signal went out. I know its a vacation. I know I should enjoy my families company but that was ridiculous. I called the desk and guess what? WIFI works day 6 of 7.
The resort was nice but I beleive the website needs some upgrading as far as accomodations offered. I really felt like I failed my family as the vacation planner on this trip.
Would I return to Bel Air. Definitely if the picked up the whole resort and moved it to another city. Oahu, Miami, it would fit In great but needs to fix some things
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bel Air Collection Resort & Spa Vallarta is a recently opened resort in the dazzling beach of Playa Flamingos of Nuevo Vallarta, as part of the exclusively HIP Collection, Highly Individualized Properties in design and services of Bel Air Collection Resorts & Spas. With the details to make your stay a memorable one, Bel Air Delights. The signature amenities that make us so different, Bel Air Hallmarks. An the services and life experience that make up your holiday, Bel Air Experiences. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Agoda, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., getaroom.com, Travelocity, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Bel Air Collection Resort & Spa Vallarta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bel Air Collection Resort And Spa Vallarta
- Bel Air Collection Resort & Spa Vallarta Hotel Nuevo Vallarta
- Playa Del Sol Grand Hotel
- Playa Del Sol Grand Puerto Vallarta
- Playa Del Sol Grand Resort