“Clean & Friendly, with 5 star staff.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Bel Air Collection Resort & Spa Vallarta

Save Saved
You added Bel Air Collection Resort & Spa Vallarta to your Saves list
Bel Air Collection Resort & Spa Vallarta
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   Blvd Costero 800 Sur | Fracc. Flamingos, Nuevo Vallarta 63732, Mexico   |
Ranked #10 of 24 hotels in Nuevo Vallarta
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Clean & Friendly, with 5 star staff.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

My mom and I visited the hotel on the 9th Oct. As it was low season, the staff upgraded our room. The room was large, clean and had a balcony with sea view. All the staff were very friendly and made us feel welcome. They recommended us places to visit and to eat. We only had breakfast at the hotel since I like to eat out and try new things. In Nuevo Vallarta there is no much apart of hotels, however I fully recommend to visit the town of Bucerias for real Mexican food, specially the "Meson Bay" and "Adautos".

The only thing I didn't like is that you have to pay almost £170 mexican pesos for having internet in your room. But you can use the computers with internet in the hotel shop for free.

I also enjoyed waking up every morning and go to near the palm trees (aroudn 7am) to look for bats, you could see 1 or 2 flying before the morning rises. I loved Nuevo Vallarta, but it is a pitty the extend of development that the goverment is doing with disregard of the wildlife.

Overall the Belair hotel was great, we'll definetely return.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

625 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012 via mobile

Our stay at the Bel Air for our honeymoon could not have been any more perfect. It truly is a great place to stay and enjoy a week long vacation. The place is always clean, the staff is great and the facility really is a little slice of heaven. Everything from the rooms to the restaurants and the pleasant staff make this place a warm environment and a great place to return to. My overall greatest experience there was definitely the staff at the poolside bar also known as "Shipwreck Island". El Canelo, El Chucky, El Choco, El Güero, Armando, and Rafael definitely made it a fun time while hanging out poolside, they made us feel like we were part of the group of friends and we had a blast telling jokes and stories back and forth... Can't wait to go back and hang out with "the boys"....

• Stayed October 2012
Marengo, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

We have been fortunate enough to be pampered by the best resort staff my wife and I have ever seen. Manny (Manuel) Moreno, Christian, Raymundo and Jorge are so nice and fast! Friendly does not even describe their professionalism. The most accommodating, sincere, happy people. The enjoy what they do. We enjoy them for it.

It takes only one time for them to remember not only your first name, but also your last name.

Smiling faces always. The people and staff here are truly amazing.

Bel Air comes with our highest recommendation.

Room Tip: the two bedroom villas are the best
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Columbus, Ohio, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

Our family stayed here for a week using the time share option. The staff were very friendly and very helpful. Jessica and Carla organized the daily activities and were very friendly and fun to be around. The front desk staff were very helpful with their recommendations for area restaraunts and directions to the local grocery store. My mother-in-law and father-in-law at the main restaraunt and said it was reasonable and delicious. My husband and I ate at the sushi/martini bar one night for dinner and the food was delicious, but over priced. We went during the "low season" and it was fairly quiet and most of the staff ended up knowing us by a first name basis by the end of the week. Overall it was a great experience, but would have liked to been able to pay cash at the resorts restaraunts/bars instead of charging it to the room since we had 6 people in our room.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Kingman, Arizona, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

We have just returned from a week at the belair sept 8th 2012. This was our first time...the resort is beautiful and VERY peaceful..people are extremely friendly. FOOD IS DREADFUL. We had rented a car which is a gt +. We went for breakfast..at the Belair first day .it was the worst Ive ever encountered. We drove to the nearby resorts or walked along the beach but were unable to get any service for food or drinks from anywhere as nearly all the resorts are inclusive and people have a band around there wrists..so no cash could be paid and they wouldnt serve any outsiders from the beach at all. not even a glass of water, We are seniors and had walked quite a distance to get coffee or breakfast in the a.m but returned back to the room got into the car and drove 12 mls to the marina. This happened at least twice a day, thank goodness for the rental... we were bombarded all day with "timeshare requests" every 3rd person had a different offer...we spent all day saying "no thanks" Highly recommend Rythmes of the night show by boat.. .infact all the boat trips we took had great food..the italian rest. at the belair is closed..they are making a "sushi" buffet instead {horrible} would not return again..highly recommend cabo san lucas.

Room Tip: 1 bedroom 5th floor facing ocean, hear the waves nightly
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
BelAirVallarta, Manager at Bel Air Collection Resort & Spa Vallarta, responded to this review, September 15, 2012
Dear guest.
Thank you very much for your feedback.
It is sad to know that the food service has not exceeded your expectation.
Rest sure that the comment will be reviewed by our Executive Chef to assure that the food quality is according our guests expectation.
It is our pleasure to serve you and hope to see you soon.

sincerely

Anwar Sánchez Ortega
Kelowna, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

We've stayed at the playa del sol as owners only twice over the past few years, the last being Mar/2010. Pre-Belair it was easier to trade out and stay somewhere else. But both of our experiences at the resort were perfect for we babyboomers. Mid-way through our last 2 weeks my daughter called from home and asked if she could join us. A few tequilas later I realized that that was definitely doable and 9 hours later we greeted her cab as it pulled up to the lobby. Good quality bonding time hanging over the edge of the infinity pool watching the world go by...what a great pool. After staying in mega resorts for 20 years the fact that we were never farther than 5 minutes from any point was a plus.
Breakfast on the Palm terrace, lunch at the pool bar then a quick trip to Bucerias or old Vallarta for a nice meal and a laugh. Check out the open air Canadian sports bar in Bucerias.
Our rooms and views were always perfect.
Dec 15 will find us back at the improved Belair. NO problem getting accomodation this time. I've heard that the new owners are letting less space out to Interval, RCI etc thus leaving more for owners.
I got a litle mouse happy and also booked suites at the Grand Mayan and Grand Luxxe for the same period. As magnificent as they are, the glam will wear off quick after we find ourselves walking 20 minutes to get anywhere.
So come mid Dec that'll be me you see hanging out at the infinity pool at the new Belair Nuevo. I'll wear a carnation in my left ear so you can spot me.

Room Tip: read the trip advisor reviews and you'll figure it out.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Saskatchewan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

From the beginning, we arrived there at 5am and (we knew ahead) no room ready for us until the afternoon. Exhausting but we were warned so expected it. They did allow us to take advantage of breakfast (we were all-inclusive) even though we were not "checked in" yet.

Prior to leaving, I had read reviews and knew there were "some rooms" that did not have balconies. This stressed me out a bit as I like to have some "air", I am a bit claustrophobic. We asked if we could upgrade to a room with a balcony and they told us to talk to the morning staff when they get in. Prior to all of this, I had emailed them several times requesting a room with a balcony. My travel agent with Marlin Travel also requested Noli Tours to give us a room with a balcony. Well, apparently a balcony room is an "upgrade" for money only. They were charging $20/night for it. Ended up just keeping our 100 sq ft room. It was fine but very squishy and I did find out that if you booked with Noli Tours, you were only permitted to have this tiny little room, there was zero chance of just being lucky to get a larger room with balcony. Also the building Noli Tours has us staying in is building "3" and it faces the Riu Palace's generators and is EXTREMELY noisy. It felt like we were sleeping with our window open. I had to wear earplugs. These are the ONLY rooms Noli Tours books. Beware.

Again, we spoke to "Ruth" at the front desk and she said we could have a larger room , so we went to look at it. We came back and told her we would take it and she went on to say, "20 / night". Now that I have spoken to other couples there, they did get room upgrades but were never charged. Seems like they pick and choose who gets good rooms and who doesn't.

Beware, the advertising says there are 4 a la carte restaurants. NOPE. Just one. There is one big restaurant, Palm Terrace ( staff is AMAZING), a tiny little bar called the Nautical Lounge which sometimes will serve food but sometimes doesn't apparently. There is a sushi bar that advertises martinis but there are not any martinis. The sushi is good and the staff in there are PHENOMINAL. There is a poolside bar called Shipwreck Kelleys and it is good too. For sure, the staff at the Bel Air are the greatest. Misleading information on Noli Tours/Marlin Travel stating there are 4 a la carte restaurants. When we asked the Noli Tours rep there (lawrence), she said " it is a misprint in the books/website", HA!

Beware, it is a timeshare/all-inclusive but the all-inclusive people do not get wristbands. You have to sign a bill at the end of EVERY meal, every drink ordered, etc. I will tip for sure even though all-inclusive , but not after EVERY single item I order. Again, Noli Tours mislead that as well. There was NO mention of this.

Beware, no nightly entertainment as the Noli Tours books/advertising say. Not one show, nothing. They say they have casino night and movie night or something but no one did any of it. We went up to the Nautical Bar for casino night and there were some people sitting there, blah. Honestly, it is not the hotels fault, it is definitely a quiet resort and we like that to a certain degree, however DO NOT advertise "nightly entertainment" in your brochure/website. The price should reflect all of this.

Upon leaving at 1:50 am, we waited and waited for the "bus" to show up to pick 8 of us up from our resort. They did not show up so we waited and waited. Finally a bus rolls in and tells us there are not enough of us to warrant a bus ride so we need to wait for separate taxis. Are you kidding me. So 2 taxis (small cars - like a focus for something) packed 8 of us in with all our luggage. Husband had to sit in the front seat with the driver and a huge suitcase while the 3 of us squished in the back. Noli Tours again. So, of COURSE being later that we were supposed to be at the airport, I could not sit in the same seat as my husband. Had to sit across the aisle from him. I am a nervous flyer so this was really crappy for me. Thanks Noli . Not to mention, the airplane roof/venting system was leaking on my head and had warped the food tray - the flight attendants gave me some napkins and assured me it is safe and it is just condensation from the vents. Hmm.

We paid $1400/person for this 5* resort. It is a 5* in beauty and staff but is so misrepresented it is sad. For sure the staff was the best staff you could find. Horacio, Edgar, Trinidad, Gama, the sushi bar fellow that made me a rose (i forget his name)...they are the best. Rooms are super duper clean and again, the grounds are beautiful and the infinity pool/ocean are AMAZING.

If you are looking for a quiet resort with no nightly stuff, which is great for a lot of people, this is the place for you. Knowing what I know now, I would still stay there again, ONLY because of the beauty and the staff. I do feel extremely cheated by Noli Tours/Marlin Travel for the misrepresentation though.

Room Tip: If you book with Noli, you have no choice of your rooms.

Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Bel Air Collection Resort & Spa Vallarta? Share your experiences!