“Nice experience!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Grand Velas Riviera Nayarit

You added Grand Velas Riviera Nayarit to your Saves list
Grand Velas Riviera Nayarit
5.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Av Cocoteros 98 Sur | Riviera Nayarit, Mexico C.P. 63735, Nuevo Vallarta 63735, Mexico   |
Offers & Announcements
Package Deal
Ranked #2 of 26 Hotels in Nuevo Vallarta
Los Angeles
“Nice experience!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

My family and I stayed here for a week in June and had a great vacation. Everyone working at the hotel was very nice especially Alejandro Arce and Manuel Hernandez whom work at the pool area. They truly went above and beyond to give us excellent service. The food is overall good with great presentation. We ate at all the restaurants and enjoyed the Mexican and French Restaurant as well. The Italian restaurant had good food but missed the service and ambiance that the other two restaurants provided. The pool is beautiful and we enjoyed being by the pool everyday. We are beach lovers, however we did not enjoy the beach here that much. Overall we had a very nice experience.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
DirectorGVRN, General Manager at Grand Velas Riviera Nayarit, responded to this review, September 11, 2014
Thank you very much Mr. Ray for selecting Grand Velas as your family vacation destination this June. It pleases me tremendously that your family had a great vacation with us and that Alejandro and Manuel provided you with excellent service during your relaxing recreational time at the pool. To me it is always nice when our guests have the pleasure of dining at all of our culinary venues. This way one can have a favorite or two because of that ample variety. Since June we have streamlined the service in our restaurant Lucca to the degree that any service flaw will now be eliminated or minimized. Mr. Ray, I am glad that you and your family had a very nice overall experience and that despite the early rains which limited beach activity, your enjoyment in the pool was at an all time high. Thank you for your comments and from all of us including Alejandro and Manuel we send our hearty best wishes to you and your family in Los Angeles, California. Take care.

imendozarn@velasresorts.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (243)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

This was hands down, the best vacation I've ever had! I was very skeptical about all-inclusives, but this one surpassed all expectations. The resort was clean and beautiful, the services were top notch and the staff was the best I've ever experienced. This was my 5th vacation in Mexico and this was the first time I didn't want to go home. Alejandro was at our beck and call and went out of his way to make sure we were comfortable and had everything we needed. I loved the food and the drinks were premium. I've recommended this resort to every single person who even mentioned needeing a vacation since I've been home. The Thompson crew can't wait to return! Thanks Alejandro for making our trip an unforgettable one. You and the staff at Grand Vela rock!!!

Room Tip: All the rooms are ocean front, so you can't go wrong!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
DirectorGVRN, General Manager at Grand Velas Riviera Nayarit, responded to this review, September 15, 2014
Thank you Constance for giving us the opportunity to dispel your skepticism on all-inclusive resorts. Mind you, Grand Velas should not be boxed in with the typical AI that many people envision when contemplating the subject. The product and service that we provide our valuable guests is of a high-end, superior quality, aimed at the discerning traveler whose expectations are to experience only the best. And I believe that in reading your splendid review we were able to “surpass” every one of your expectations. As a team we are very pleased that you loved the cuisine and the premium beverages that accompany the fine times of a well deserved holiday. The cleanliness of the resort is also an important aspect for us and we strive to have our facilities in immaculate conditions at every moment. I thank you also for taking the moment to personally recognize Alejandro Topete for his excellent contribution to the success of your vacation. I will certainly commend him in person on behalf of the entire “Thompson Crew”. Constance, thank you for your very uplifting comments and you can always have the confidence that your Grand Velas experiences will be to your great expectations. Take care and all the best to the Thompson Crew.

South San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

Impeccable service, savory food, tastefully appointed, luxurious rooms, incredible spa, ...I could go on. Jose Ramos (pool concierge), David Aguirre (poolside bar), Miguel Lopez (Azul), Gloria and Maria Carmen (masseuses) combined to make this the most enjoyable trip my wife and I have ever taken. There were innumerable others in passing who always addressed me with a warm smile and pleasant greetings.

Grand Velas was recommended by dear friends who had been here 3 times prior. They raved about the quality of the resort. While I was expecting the experience to not live up to the hype, I cannot wait to "rerave" about Grand Velas to them. After our experience at this resort, we will return to Nuevo Vallarta and we have no need to research other establishments. Grand Velas is where we will stay!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
DirectorGVRN, Director General at Grand Velas Riviera Nayarit, responded to this review, July 30, 2014
Thank you for your cheerful and animated observations. I am pleased that you found our staff to be “wonderful” as it is they that can really make the difference to a successful vacation. Alejandro has been with us in our concierge department for some time now and although he has not made anybody rich that I am aware of, he has made a lot of guests very happy. And Israel is one of the master waiters in Azul who has a certain gift in making correct dining suggestions for his guests. Please know that as a team it pleases us greatly that you enjoyed your vacation tremendously and we thank you also for your solid recommendation of Grand Velas to others. Take care and a special salute to everybody in Benton, Arkansas.
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

This is by far the best all inclusive luxury resort on the Pacific coast. The resort is located on the beautiful sandy beach, which they clean more than once a day. Everything at this resort makes you feel like your visiting your old friends in the luxury surroundings and a friendly atmosphere.
There are 3 things in my opinion that make Grand Velas unique: rooms, food and service. All rooms are suites facing ocean. Lower floors have more garden view and some partial ocean view, higher floors have ocean front and ocean view. All rooms are around 1,000 sq feet, big, comfortable, well designed and well equipped. We stayed in what I believe they call master suite on the 6th floor and had a beautiful view of the ocean from our large balcony. ALL food at 4 restaurants is gourmet. All alcohol is premium bar. The main restaurant that is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner is a buffet style but not just a traditional buffet - it has a gourmet menu that is creative and a good quality. 24 hours room service is great and the service you get at the beach is very friendly and attentive. This is a family friendly resort they have an outstanding kids programs. Although, I prefer adults only resorts, I would come back here anytime.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on a higher floor. Make sure to try all 3 dinner restaurants.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
DirectorGVRN, General Manager at Grand Velas Riviera Nayarit, responded to this review, September 8, 2014
Thank you very much for your very positive and descriptive review. I am pleased that you took note of the various aspects of quality that we strive for in Grand Velas. Every one of our spacious suites was designed for luxurious comfort using the finest quality in bedding, electronics and amenities such as L´Occitane personal products and Nespresso machines that complement our included servi-bar. I am always pleased when our guests have the time during their vacation to dine at all of our culinary centers as well as suite service dining. The variety that we provide whether it is breakfast, lunch or dinner is not only very ample, but of great quality and freshness as you so kindly mentioned. I thank you as well for your kind kudos on our service. The young men and women that take care of our guests throughout the resort are very dedicated to your well-being and comfort and know that they can go the extra mile in doing their part to provide their guests more than they could have imagined from an all-inclusive resort. I hope that you will be able to find or create the opportunity to return to the place that you consider “amazing”, while always knowing that our 530 employees are here to professionally serve you. Thank you again for your marvelous insights and on behalf of all of us here at Grand Velas I send you our finest greetings to you in beautiful Chicago, Illinois. Take care.

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

My time spent at this resort extremely exceeded my expectations. My boyfriend and I go on a vacation every summer and this was the first place we both said we want to come back to. The room was beautiful. The service was excellent. And the food did not disappoint. We spent most days in the pool at the aqua bar. Rene Rodriguez and Alejandro Gonzales became our best friends for a week and we WILL be back!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
I am very gratified to read that we are now the first resort that you and your boyfriend would revisit after many years of summer vacations. To have “extremely exceeded” your expectations is just the type of expression that every day we aim for with our valued guests. And whether it is due to the beautiful suite that you enjoyed, the excellent service received or the culinary surprises that delighted you or even the culmination of all, we are honored to have created such a favorable and positive experience for you both. I will definitely pass along to Alejandro and Rene your fine compliments and you can be assured that they will enjoy the day that they see the two of you relaxing again in their section of the pool. Thank you for sharing your vacation happiness with everybody on TripAdvisor and we wish you both all the best this autumn in beautiful LA, California. Take care.

Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

This is without a doubt the best resort I have visited. From the moment we arrived we were treated with exceptional service. Our concierge, Cesar Rios checked with us each day, often more than once, to make sure we were happy. I cannot say enough about our pool concierge, Jose Ramos. Our cups were never empty! Jose treated us like we were his #1 customers, bringing us drinks and food, reserving chairs for us, and telling us about the city and other attractions. He was very friendly and made our trip even more enjoyable. The resort is amazing! Very clean, EXCELLENT food, great staff, and a beautiful pool! During our stay we also visited the spa.....twice! The spa experience was unbelievable. If you stay here, a massage is a must!!! I would highly recommend this resort, and can't wait to go back!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
DirectorGVRN, Director General at Grand Velas Riviera Nayarit, responded to this review, September 4, 2014
As a team it is very pleasing for us to know that your two families were treated like VIPs in all aspects of our service. And with the smiles of the four children, our kids club and pool staff was able to keep everybody well entertained while having fun in the sun. I am glad that Omar, Isanti and Francisco were there to make your recreational fun that much more enjoyable. When two families such as yours with varying ages really enjoy the culinary options that we offer, it says a lot to our variety and to our innovation. As you mentioned, if anything that you need prepared and it is within our means, our chefs would be more than happy to prepare the items that you wish. And that includes our 24 room service as well. I am thrilled that your experiences in August have already inspired plans for your next visit and I hope that next time we can eclipse your expectations even more. Thank you for sharing your happiness with everyone and we wish you all a terrific autumn in Sunnyvale, California. Take care.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

An incredible resort with incredible people! All the employees were more than helpful and knew us the second time they saw us and made us feel so welcome and pampered. The resort has many onsite activities: boogie boards, kayaks, bicycling, parasailing, and water aerobics, just to name a few. We took off site trips that included zip lining, snorkeling, and paddle boarding, all of which were reasonably priced and had employees that were above any expectation! The week were there melted away and created memories we'll never forget!

Room Tip: All rooms face the beach!!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
DirectorGVRN, General Manager at Grand Velas Riviera Nayarit, responded to this review, September 4, 2014
Thank you for describing Grand Velas as an “incredible resort with incredible people”. We certainly try to add that personalized yet professional touch to our interactions with our valued guests and making you feel pampered and wanting for nothing is a sign of our success. And for the active person such as yourself you now know that we offer diverse water and land activities both on and off the resort if you are so inclined to break away from the pampering of our staff. Thank you again for your kind words and as a team we hope to have you return in order to relive some of the amazing memories that really went above your initial expectations. Take care and enjoy a great autumn season.

imendozarn@velasresorts.com

Been to Grand Velas Riviera Nayarit? Share your experiences!