“Excellence in relaxation and pampering” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Grand Velas Riviera Nayarit

You added Grand Velas Riviera Nayarit to your Saves list
Grand Velas Riviera Nayarit
5.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Av Cocoteros 98 Sur | Riviera Nayarit, Mexico C.P. 63735, Nuevo Vallarta 63735, Mexico   |
Offers & Announcements
Package Deal
Ranked #1 of 27 Hotels in Nuevo Vallarta
GreenLeadersGold level
“Excellence in relaxation and pampering”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2014

The Grand Velas is a fabulous brand. The Grand Velas Riviera Nayarit has the same great suites and views as it's sister property on the Riviera Maya with service that makes you feel like royalty. It is a smaller property by comparison to Riviera Maya, but we didn't feel anything was lacking. The restaurants were wonderful, the pool area, beautiful, sufficient lounge chairs and unending fabulous views. The spa must be among the best in the world?? It was truly an experience of pampering. The servers in the restaurants and pool area are always available and bend over backwards to make you happy. This is an all inclusive resort, but the servers deserve the extra tip. They made our stay an incredible experience - I wish I could have stayed longer. I hope to return, just to meet the staff again.
The kids club was also great and our daughter wanted to go - she really liked the staff. The girls were very sweet. I can't say enough about how great we we treated while staying here.

Room Tip: All rooms have a great view but the higher floors will assure views over the palm trees.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
DirectorGVRN, Director General at Grand Velas Riviera Nayarit, responded to this review, April 8, 2014
Why thank you so much for acting on the urge to visit my resort after vacationing at our sister complex in Riviera Maya. I am very pleased that you saw and felt the consistency in our brand and now you can be assured of the same high quality when your travel plans send you to the Pacific Coast or to the Caribbean side. And I thank you for recognizing the effort of our wait staff throughout the resort. We as a resort are very fortunate to have very little rotation of personnel and you can be assured that the same smiling and eager faces will be here when you and your family decide to return. I also appreciate your photos of your holiday as they look tremendous and happy. As a senior contributor to TripAdvisor I know that you like to venture to different hotels, but I know now that based on your recent experience with us that you will certainly consider us again. On behalf of all my staff I send you sunny greetings to beautiful Canada.

Take care.

IGNACIO RIVIERA
iriverarn@velasresorts.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (304)
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2014

Incredible pool, incredible view and great food. Thanks to Alfonso and Manuel Hernandez at the pool and Eric and Jorge at Azul. The women in Kids club were so good that my 6 year old begged to go as soon as it opened and never wanted to leave. We had to drag him to the pool! Waiting to go back!

• Stayed March 2014
Thank you for sharing your families delight on being with us. A special recognition will go out to Alfonzo, Manuel, Eric and Jorge who helped considerably in making your vacation memorable. Thank you again for selecting Grand Velas and please let me know when you decide to come back in order to inform the Kids Club girls that their little friend is on his way. Take care and all the best to you and the family in Indianapolis, Indiana.

IGNACIO RIVERA
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2014

Manuel Hernandez and Alfonso took such great care of us as we sat by the pool. They went above and beyond with recommendations and special orders from the pool diner. They treated our kids like royalty. We can't thank you enough!! Eric at the Azul restarts unit was also wonderful and made us feel at home everyday at breakfast. We did a Disney cruise last year and my kids, ages 10, 9 and 6, said THIS was the best trip ever!! That's impressive! Thank you, gentlemen, and all others who helped to make this trip amazing!!
Cruser

• Stayed March 2014
DirectorGVRN, Director General at Grand Velas Riviera Nayarit, responded to this review, April 15, 2014
Thank you very much for the positive comparison to your Disney Cruise last year. It makes us very proud as an organization to know that the little ones were well treated and entertained during your recent vacation. I will certainly pass along your translated comments to our girls in the Kids Club and to our wait staff. Thank you again for your review and I wish to have the opportunity to host you and your family again in the near future. Take care and kind regards to Indy.
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2014 via mobile

My family just spent a week at Grand Velas. We all had a wonderful time. The pool is gorgeous, the food is excellent and the service is unmatchable! If you have a chance spent some time at the spa, best ever!

Thank you Ernesto & Hugo for taking such great care of us by the pool! We can't wait to go back.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Robyn thank you very much for taking the time in sharing your happy feelings with everybody on TripAdvisor. Our goal is of course that you and all our valued guests enjoy a “wonderful time” and please be assured that Ernesto and Hugo will be finely recognized for their part in contributing to your “fantastic vacation”. I hope to see you and the family when you have the opportunity to return and I am sure that our “unmatchable” spa will again be on your list of things to do. Take care and kind greetings to Chicago.
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2014

First time ever in a all inclusive hotel, just needed a getaway from the brutal winter.The price was good for a 4 night stay .We were here in late February '2014 with two of our friends. I must say it was great. Room was clean, large, great balcony. Service was good all around.The multi-choice restaurant a plus.(fav was the French) The only disappointing thing was the DRINKS....a bit on the very lite side..needed to send back always.(some drinks tasted bad).Pool staff great!

Room Tip: Get up early about 6 am to reserve a lounge chair by the pool. (reserve: Throw a book,or shirt, som...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
I perfectly understand that the weather conditions in the US and Canada were “brutal” as you say and I am happy that you and your friends made the decision to spend some time in Riviera Nayarit as your tropical respite while awaiting spring. I am also glad that you felt that our suites were very clean and large. Actually our suites can be on par with the Governor and Presidential suites in other resorts in terms of size and amenities. Please know that I will give the option to our bars to serve “stiffer” drinks when requested by our guests. I do this in order that all aspects of your vacation are covered to the fullest. Thank you for your comments and just know that we will be here to serve you whatever the climate conditions may be up north. Warm greetings to Chicago from all of us. Take care.

Winnipeg, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014 via mobile

This was a last minute trip to escape this never ending Canadian winter. Couldn't have been any more perfect. This was our first time to this area of Mexico, and hopefully it won't be the last. The beach is a beautiful stretch of gold glittering sand which you can easily walk for miles. Lots of interesting fish washing up on the shore...there are also little wasplike insects on the beach which stung me twice on my foot....but barely worth mentioning. I still walked in bare feet, but just mindful of where I stepped.
The hotel itself was immaculate. The check in service was quick...even had a welcoming neck massage! We had a quick tour and then up to our room. A beautiful suite with a sitting area and a balcony and a daybed for siestas. Housekeeping services were wonderful. Bed linens and towels are very good quality and bed very comfortable. The staff are very accommodating and friendly. The pools are very nice, although we spent all our time on the beach watching the ocean. We are early risers, and never had a problem getting a lounge chair, however if you want a cabana on the beach, you do have to stake a claim early. The towel game is played here...but there always seemed to be chairs available.
The food here is very good to excellent for an all inclusive. We tried many different things and all were prepared and presented so well. The buffet had a good variety and the snack bar kept the chips and salsa and guacamole coming! The waiters on the beach were tremendous.
There are vendors on the beach, but we never encountered anyone that was intrusive or pushy.
They had live music in the lobby bar in the evenings....we enjoyed it very much as well as the lovely waitresses here as well. They all do a great job.
We had a massage and were able to use the spa facilities ahead of the massage. Beautiful sauna, steam room, etc. we also each had a 50$ credit that we could apply towards the massage. Very professional staff here.
There was a large convention here(Edward Jones) at the same time we were. Although it was a very large group of people, we didn't feel that it took away from our experience at all.
An added little touch that the hotel provided in our room was a beach bag that guests are able to use for the duration of their stay to go to and from your room to the pool and beach. Great idea and used it every day! Thank you!
Highlights of that week were the beautiful beach, spectacular sunsets, comfortable beds, amazing staff, very good food and drink...all which equal a very relaxing week away.
We hope to return again...next time we hope to have our adult children with us to enjoy a family getaway here.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for selecting Grand Velas for your Canadian winter getaway. I can only imagine the great need to come south to marvel in the warm tropical beaches and I am glad that you were able to frolic around worry free and feel pampered during your holiday. The little touches that you described such as the day beds on the terrace and the beach bags are just a few of the many details that add up to making a luxurious vacation. I am also glad that you noticed that incentive groups are better coordinated while on property. We have made prior adjustments in order that our valued guests feel much less of an impact from sharing the resort with a group. I certainly am pleased that you are now considering bringing your children here on your next vacation and I hope that in the meantime the holiday memories are cherished and that your summer in Canada is beautiful. Thank you again and take care.

IGNACIO RIVERA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2014

We could not have gone at a better time of the year. High 70's to low 80's with no humidity. The service at Gran Velas was impecable, the food at the high end restaurants was delicious and the rooms were comfortable with a gorgeous view of the pool and ocean. It was my first time at an all-inclusive and it was definitely the way to go. The massages were amazing and well worth the cost. The pool was nicely situated with plenty of seating. It was a great place for couples, but not such a great place for the kids. Passable for kids, but this is definitely catered to the couples. We went with 17 other couples and we had a blast. Left the kids at home with grandparents and we felt like honeymooners all over again. I would go back here in a split second.

Room Tip: Get a room on the fourth floor or above for a view of the pool. Bottom floor lacked the privacy on t...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your splendid comments and I am very glad that you found our product and service to be impeccable. To be your first all inclusive you may have came in with a certain skepticism, but in reading your observations I am sure that we may have converted you to our pampered concept. I am very glad that the massages were amazing and well worth the cost. Our therapists are well disciplined in the art of personal comfort. I do hope that sometime in the future you venture to bring children with you as I believe that they will be greatly surprised by the activities and entertainment that is offered to the little ones. Thank you for having visited Grand Velas with your group and I hope that your next vacation with us is as “heavenly” as this one. Take care and all the best.

rgonzalezrn@velasresorts.com

Been to Grand Velas Riviera Nayarit? Share your experiences!