We just came back from this vacation! What can I say! This is probably one of the nicest resorts we have visited. We have been to many high end resorts in Mexico, DR and Turks..this one is up there with the best! The grounds are breathtaking and immaculate. The bathrooms in the pool area were always clean, never saw wet floors or stalls. The service at the Pool was fantastic. Alejandro remembered us from check in and always came over to greet us and make sure we had everything we needed. The rooms are very clean. We had originally had two Ambassador Penthouse suites. When we got to our rooms, both only had one king bed..we are a family of five and had requested 2 queens and a king. I called down to the front desk and spoke with Victor. I explained the situation and he told me the other room had a jacuzzi that was not in working order. After we expressed that we would rather have the beds than the jacuzzi we asked if he could help us find a room together instead. Well let me tell you, he right away accommodated us and put us in a 2 bedroom Governor's suite! This room was fabulous..they moved our bags immediately to the new room and came down to find us at the snack bar to give us our new keys.
The food is great. Breakfast has everything you could ask for. Lunch had so many varieties along with someone grilling fresh fish, chicken and steak everyday! Five star dining at the indoor restaurants. There were always three waiters taking care of us wherever we ate!
Lastly, a lot of the previous reviews complained of the conventions that go on at the hotel, and that it took away from people's vacations because they catered to them. I had read them as well and hoped there would not be any when we arrived. Well there was an Edward Jones convention that was arriving the same day as of. I was not happy initially because of what I thought was waiting for me for the week. Do Not Listen to them!! There was no special treatment of them and less service to us. The hotel catered to all of the guests the same. We were able to have reservations whenever we wanted, seats at the pool, drinks at the bar..you name it.
We traveled with our friends and their family and we all had a great experience and can't wait to go back!! Excellent!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the most luxurious all-inclusive resort in the Puerto Vallarta area; a retreat of lavish beauty and comfort that is sure to exceed your expectations. Having revolutionized the all-inclusive concept, Grand Velas is pleased to offer you a "Beyond All Inclusive, Beyond All Compare" vacation experience with exceptional gourmet dining, world-class hospitality, and luxurious accommodations in a spectacular setting on Mexico's golden coast. Experience a breathtaking resort and spa near Puerto Vallarta that seduces your senses and rejuvenates your spirit. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Amex, Travelocity, BookIt.com, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Grand Velas Riviera Nayarit reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Velas All Hotel Nuevo Vallarta
- Grand Velas All Suites And Spa Resort
- Grand Velas Hotel
- Grand Velas Nuevo Vallarta
- Grand Velas Vallarta