“Best Vacation! Fantastic Service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Grand Velas Riviera Nayarit

Save Saved
You added Grand Velas Riviera Nayarit to your Saves list
Grand Velas Riviera Nayarit
5.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Av Cocoteros 98 Sur | Riviera Nayarit, Mexico C.P. 63735, Nuevo Vallarta 63735, Mexico   |
Offers & Announcements
Package Deal
Ranked #2 of 24 Hotels in Nuevo Vallarta
Chicago, Illinois, United States
“Best Vacation! Fantastic Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

We just came back from this vacation! What can I say! This is probably one of the nicest resorts we have visited. We have been to many high end resorts in Mexico, DR and Turks..this one is up there with the best! The grounds are breathtaking and immaculate. The bathrooms in the pool area were always clean, never saw wet floors or stalls. The service at the Pool was fantastic. Alejandro remembered us from check in and always came over to greet us and make sure we had everything we needed. The rooms are very clean. We had originally had two Ambassador Penthouse suites. When we got to our rooms, both only had one king bed..we are a family of five and had requested 2 queens and a king. I called down to the front desk and spoke with Victor. I explained the situation and he told me the other room had a jacuzzi that was not in working order. After we expressed that we would rather have the beds than the jacuzzi we asked if he could help us find a room together instead. Well let me tell you, he right away accommodated us and put us in a 2 bedroom Governor's suite! This room was fabulous..they moved our bags immediately to the new room and came down to find us at the snack bar to give us our new keys.
The food is great. Breakfast has everything you could ask for. Lunch had so many varieties along with someone grilling fresh fish, chicken and steak everyday! Five star dining at the indoor restaurants. There were always three waiters taking care of us wherever we ate!
Lastly, a lot of the previous reviews complained of the conventions that go on at the hotel, and that it took away from people's vacations because they catered to them. I had read them as well and hoped there would not be any when we arrived. Well there was an Edward Jones convention that was arriving the same day as of. I was not happy initially because of what I thought was waiting for me for the week. Do Not Listen to them!! There was no special treatment of them and less service to us. The hotel catered to all of the guests the same. We were able to have reservations whenever we wanted, seats at the pool, drinks at the bar..you name it.
We traveled with our friends and their family and we all had a great experience and can't wait to go back!! Excellent!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (220)
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

I recently visited Grand Velas for the 5th time and it is my heaven on earth! I can't wait to go back. The food is great, the rooms are really spacious and comfortable and clean. All the staff are great. What I like is that usually when you meet people there, no one is there for the first time. We are devoted, repeat customers!

My only concern is that between June last year and May this year there was a lot of staff turnover. In past years I'd recognize pool waiters. This year, most were gone. AND they did away with an entire section of staff -- the pool staff. So, that means they dropped the cushy service of cleaning sunglasses, etc. Now all the new waiters adjust the umbrellas. I guess you can't ask existing staff to take on the new duties.....? I'm not sure. But, I noticed the change and I just hope it's not a sign of changes they are making for the worse.

PLEASE don't take away my piece of heaven. I can't wait to go back, but I'd be heartbroken if their level of service decreases. For anyone considering a stay though, I can recommend it. You'll love it!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Bellingham, Washington, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

What a great time at the Grand Velas. It was one of the most relaxing vacations I've had. My family and I arrived on a Sunday and had a car waiting for us to take us to the resort. When we arrived, our bags were taken to our room while we checked in. The check in process was smooth. We were provided with hibiscus Ice Teas and a massage. When we were walking towards our room, a nice gentleman stopped and offered to take us to our room. He explained how everything worked in the room, from room service to how to turn on the lights.

The most fun we had was spending time at the pool. The infinity pool was a delight. Our kids, age 12 and 8 enjoyed this very much. We were able to get drinks at the cabana pool bar all day. They catered to kids, which was nice. Our bartender Juan was a lot of fun. He was very accommodating as I probably ordered every fufu drink imaginable. He also was very nice to my kids, making them virgin drinks and smoothies.

The Beach was nice as well. Except for the stingrays which kept us out of the ocean. We did go in once - the resort provides boogie boards at no cost. Also, we were able to kayak, which were also offered at no charge. I also enjoyed the bike tour in the morning. My son and I did this twice. They took us to the dolphin adventure center. We saw a baby dolphin, seals and iguanas. These were nice benefits.

There also is a summer kids camp that included horseback riding, zip lining, bungee jumping, and photo opportunities with a sea lion - "Flash". It's was a added bonus. Kept the kids interested and busy.

The food was fantastic. I enjoyed the bountiful assortment of food at the buffet - Azul. You can really pick and choose a wide variety of food all day. The staff kept the food fresh and enticing. We did enjoy Lucca too. The rack of lamb was incredible. Service was outstanding.

In closing, I would highly recommend this resort for families. The staff is very accommodating and were extremely nice. Make this your next vacation.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Hull, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013 via mobile

Great service. Stayed for a week. You feel like a king here. Beach not amazing but pool and hotel is tops. Lovely rooms and room service was great. Entertainment on site is just ok. Restaurants are ok. Not amazing food. But you feel special and it's very comfortable.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

Probably the best service I have ever had at any resort. We booked this trip on Orbitz and I did read a lot of the reviews and even though I agree with a lot of the Two and Three Stars, I just believe that there was too much good that outweighed some of the bad. I don't think you can find a resort that is perfect in anyway because a lot of it has to do with the people that are staying that which is out of the staff and hotel's control.

When we arrived we took the VIP service transportation which you can get to from the airport, they have a kiosk and they can bill directly to your room. I liked this because I was not familiar with the taxi service there and I didn't want the hassle to figure it out when I arrive on vacation. Traveling is stressful enough. We arrived and the staff took our luggage while we were greeted with Hibiscus Juice, a cold towel, and a 5 minute massage with a menu of the spa services. I had already contacted someone from the spa via email to schedule a couples massage and it was already in their system.

We stayed in Room 301 which was a very nice suite at the end of the hall facing the ocean and the white pillars. The room was large and spacious, I particularly enjoyed the balcony with a bed that was so nice to lay down in the morning and evenings. The room has a DVD player which I thought was nice but our ipads were already stored with movies. The shower was wonderful, very spacious with a huge jaquzzi tub which I never used :( The mini bar in the room can be stored with whatever beverages you like. In the morning the resort provides you information about pool and beach activities during the day.

We went on a bicycle tour that takes you to Adventures Vallarta where you can plan and schedule any activities such as swimming with the dolphins, booze cruise, and zipline. I felt the only thing the resort lacked was the evening entertainment. It doesn't bring in a crowd.

There were lots of families on this trip, we weren't expecting that, the pool cabana bar was definitely a highlight of our week but we didn't like that children were in the pool. There really needs to be 1 adult pool with the bar service. Also, you need to get up in the morning and save a spot if you want a good location at the pool with an ocean view. We got there around 8am every morning, dropped off our things and headed to lunch. The pool bar doesn't open until 11 but you can order drinks through your pool concierge. The pool didn't play any music which I was disappointed about, but the service at the bar and pool was great. I felt we left making great friends. Juan Vazquez can mix you up a mean cocktail. The best drinks I have ever had!! Alfredo Meza, his partner in crime was wonderful too. At the pool Margarita Ortega was so diligent getting our drinks and food. The food was good but I wouldn't call it amazing, but what do you expect when serving that many people. It was still above average.

The couples massage at the spa was wonderful, one of the best massages I have ever had. Overall, the restaurants and service were wonderful and now that we know that it is very kid friendly we are bringing our kids the next we go. We will be back!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Fort Worth, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

Me and my Fiance' sent five nights there. It started off just right. A cool face towel with a cool drink as soon as we arrived. A five min massage as we waited while being checked in. Loved the room. spacious and authentic, beautiful view of the beach, plants in the bathroom, just nice until we had to move rooms. Water was leaking from the wall and they didnt no why. So we had to move to another room that was the same minus the beautiful plants in the bathroom.

Food and drinks...We ate so much. We drunk soooo much. SERVICE WAS SUPERB. A true All-INCLUSIVE.

SPA-AMAZING. That was my best time. it was beautiful and the services start with services way before it is time for your massage even starts.

Pool beautiful. Beach okay. I loved it and want to go back.

Room Tip: Beware at the airport. timeshare team is right before you exit airport with margaritas and tequila s...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Bend, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

This resort is Wonderful. We have been here twice. We had a great experience both times. The staff goes above and beyond to make sure you are comfortable. If you are lounging poolside, the waiters make sure you have a drink in hand. They ask you if they can get you food. They will bring you fresh towels without even being asked. One recommendation we would make is that as soon as you check in and get situated in your room, call and make reservations for dinner at the restaurants. They book fast. Also be prepared to follow their dress code for the restaurants as we did see them make one guy go and change his shoes. We ordered breakfast in our rooms each morning and it was terrific! They even set up the table for you, place settings and vase of flowers included! You will leave this place feeling renewed and relaxed and totally spoiled!

Room Tip: The higher the better, the views of the ocean are gorgeous.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Been to Grand Velas Riviera Nayarit? Share your experiences!