“Grand Velas - Where your wife will tell you "You did good!"” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Grand Velas Riviera Nayarit

Save Saved
You added Grand Velas Riviera Nayarit to your Saves list
Grand Velas Riviera Nayarit
5.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Av Cocoteros 98 Sur | Riviera Nayarit, Mexico C.P. 63735, Nuevo Vallarta 63735, Mexico   |
Offers & Announcements
Package Deal
Ranked #2 of 24 hotels in Nuevo Vallarta
Tama, Iowa
“Grand Velas - Where your wife will tell you "You did good!"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

Do you remember in the movie Pretty Woman where the dress shop employees pamper Julia Roberts with service, all the employees were solely focused on her? I think every husband wishes that someday he could provide a pampering experience similar to that for his wife. The three husbands in our group all agreed that our wish for our wives came true at the Grand Velas!

The resort was beautiful, the food was excellent, and the view was inspiring...(that could be said for almost any resort we've ever attended). Yet, Grand Velas remains second to none because of its staff. The moment we arrived, we were escorted out of the van to an arrangement of sofas in the middle of the lobby, greeted with refreshing damp towels, drinks, a calming head & neck massage from the spa staff, and the check-in staff came to us...no standing in lines! Every guest recognizes that they are special even during the check-in process! A bell boy will escort you to your room making sure the frig is stocked with beverages of your choosing, asking which side of the bed you prefer so your bed slippers are placed appropriately that evening, and noting their pillow menu listing the seven or eight different pillow types allowing you to seek the ultimate comfort. This level of service was unending...our wake up call was synchronized with room service so we could hang up the phone and open the door greeted by staff with fresh piping hot coffee accompanied by any breakfast entree of our choice. On the last day, the bell hops stood around our taxi and pretended to cry (at the request of our wives) while they snapped pictures to share with there girl friends back home. The photos will be proof that our wives were "special to the staff" at Grand Velas. For the guys...we don't need the photos, we still see the happiness of being pampered in the smiles from our wives.
"Mr Lance" - Iowa

Room Tip: Everyone told us pick a room on an upper level. It is TRUE!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Velas M, Guest Relations Manager at Grand Velas Riviera Nayarit, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Dear Guest:

Thank you very much for your kind comments. We are pleased to know that you enjoyed our service and facilities. We work very hard to make sure every one of our guest have a great and unique experience. Our main goal is to satisfy all of you and have the gratification to welcome you once again.

Once again thank you for your preference!

1,075 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (187)
Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

I first went here about 5 or 6 years ago, and let me say awesome! They pick you up from the airport and from the minute you arrive you feel pampered. The rooms are gorgeous, and incredibly spacious compared to most resorts. The view of the beautiful resort with the ocean beyond is great. Everyone seems to know your name, and the staff is quite possibly the most friendly and eager to please of any place I've ever been. After lounging by the pool you can just walk down to the beach to rent jet skis!

TRULY all-inclusive with the highest quality food and alcohol (ONLY thing extra are spa treatments and high end bottles of wine). All the restaurants are delicious, room service was great and they have a huge breakfast buffet if you want to get out of your room and socialize. Everyday you can request a fresh bottle of the alcohol of your choice or their house wine be brought to your room. During the day at the pool there were multiple times we asked for things that weren't even specifically on the menu and they always said no problem. Often times a fresh drink appears without even a word when the ice in your current one starts to melt. The bartenders at the swim up bar were so fun and I eventually had to tell them to stop giving me drinks (their "bottom shelf" liquor being $70 bottles) to try or I was going to be in bed for the rest of the day. I've been back several times with my family, and food and alcohol costs are always a concern for us because I come from a family of much taller and generally larger than average people, but it never crossed our minds here. Whatever time or day or night, room service or restaurant, early morning or post-midday nap, whatever you want is just a question away. As returning customers they've even offered us special rates when we booked repeat trips.

I've seen some reviews commenting on the staff, but we've never experienced anything but the friendliest service, and the only issues we've ever had were, rarely, with language barriers. The pool chair situation has never really been an issue. We went once during peak season and as long as you just asked the staff to grab some chairs for you it was fine. And just to clear up one review I saw, gratuities for all the staff are included in your all-inclusive price, the even specifically tell you not try and tip the staff. Unfortunately I can't tell you about the surrounding entertainment in Puerta Vallarta, because every time we've been so relaxed and content we never even left the resort. Bottom line: Go! Try it out for yourselves and you won't regret it!

Room Tip: The Master Suites are great for couples (huge soaking tub) while the Parlor Suites are better for fr...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest:

We want to thank you for the positive. We are very happy to know that you enjoyed every single minute at our beautiful hotel. At grand Velas Riviera Nayarit our main goal is to satisfy all of our guests and we do our best to make sure every one of our guest have a great and unique experience.

Once again thank you for your kind review.

Tulsa, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

This was our 3rd trip in recent years to all-inclusives in Puerto Vallarta having previously stayed at Dreams PV and Velas Vallarta. Overall, the stay was very good and we wish we could have stayed longer.

Room - we had an ambassador penthouse on the 9th floor. Elavators go to 8th floor with private stairs to our 9th floor room and 10th floor deck. Room was adequate and comparable to Dreams and Velas Vallarta in quality. The views from the 10th floor were great with no obstructions. Bathroom was small, a 2nd toilet and sink are also on the 10th floor. Rooms are nice enough but don't mistake them for the Four Seasons. 9th floor rooms were very private and quiet.

Beach - we prefer the beach to the pool and the beach here was wonderful. The sand was soft, water fairly gentle, no rocks to be found. Plenty of beach cabana's to go around. The beach isn't private so there is a lot of traffic passing along the shoreline but it wasn't a problem. Waiter service was spotty on the beach. We sometimes would just venture to the pool bar for service.

Pool - 3 layared pools. The younger kids used the pool close the hotel lobby, did not get in this pool. The middle pool was not heated and was a little cool. Lower pool was heated to about 85, had a nice swim up bar which was never too crowded to get a seat. Nice view of the beach from the edge of the infinity pool. Pool attendants and bartendars were excellent! Folks would stake their claim to the best poolside locations before 9AM with their books and other belongings. We could still find chairs available in less desirable spots in mid-afternoon.

Dining - Breakfast Azul buffet was good, very comparable to previous experiences at Dreams and Velas Vallarta. Service attendants were plentiful and helpful. Enough choices to pick different items each day. Lunch - The Azul does a buffet which we did on day 1 and it was good. We choose to be served at the poolside snack bar the rest of the stay. Food was good, our waiter, Jesus, was very nice and attentive. Cleaned our sunglasses daily and would get us ice cream from the Azul. Dinner - we tried all 3 specialty restaurants and room service. All the restaurants were very good, none was truly memorable. The French restaurant was probably my favorite regarding ambience as young children were not permitted. Our experence at the Mexican restaurant included a screaming infant at the table next to us to which neither the family nor staff seemed concerned with.

Overall we had a wonderful time at the Grand Velas. It was right after New Years and occupancy was 58% according to one of the staff I spoke with and it seemed like we had much of the place to ourselves. Restaurants never approached even half full so it was hard to the place ever feeling crowded.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Velas M, Guest Relations Manager at Grand Velas Riviera Nayarit, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for such a great review, it’s a delight to know that you and your family enjoyed every single minute at our beautiful hotel. I will share your comments to each one at Grand Velas Riviera Nayarit. Please do not hesitate in contact me for any further information. It is going to be an honor to welcome you back at Paradise.
Best Regards!!

Bergen County, NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

If I died and went to heaven, this is what I imagine it would be like. For those of you who have read my previous reviews, you know that I do tend to nit pick, having worked in the industry for 15 years. Honestly. It was impossible to find anything wrong with this resort. First let's start with the service, one word....impeccable. If you want to be waited on and catered to, this is the perfect place. Second, the people, not only the staff, but all the native people we encountered both inside and outside the resort were genuinely beautiful people.

For an all inclusive resort, The food on site was excellent, and the alcohol top shelf. Even the room service food was amazing. And the bartenders were very generous with the alcohol. No watering down drinks here! The staff was well trained and super friendly. They remembered our names as well as what we drank.

The property was meticulously kept. I kept looking for something out of place or in need of repair, but couldn't. The staff as well as the management were on top of everything.

The rooms were simply amazing. The linens were soft and plush. The mattresses and pillows were very comfortable.

If you are looking for a little piece of heaven, you will certainly find it here!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your excellent comments. It’s great to know that you enjoyed the spa, the service, the restaurants, the Jacuzzi, the suites and the pools.
I really hope to have the honor to host you again in the near future. Please feel free to contact me for any kind of assistance.

Sincerely!

Highland Park, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

We spent a small fortune to take our family of 7 here for winter break. This destination has nice rooms and very good food however, the walls must be made of paper. Every single night we were up until 2-3 am because people were out talking on their balconies, some not even loudly, but it seemed like they were inside our room. Nightly calls to security were of no use. If you have small children or if you value your sleep, this is not the place to go. Additionally, despite the fact that we paid a fortune to visit here and a premium surcharge for a "mandatory" new years party, we had no tables reserved for us and this took an hour to straighten out. There were various other hassles we endured mostly related to no record of bookings for things like transportation, roll-away beds, dinner reservations etc. Further, despite the all-inclusive, it is difficult to get chairs at the pool even if you go down at 7 am unless you pay the staff to save you seats.

Ridgefield, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

I must say that I was extremely skeptical of an all-inclusive resort being on par with a 5 star resort, but thank goodness I was wrong. Grand Velas is on par with any Four Seasons or Ritz Carlton experience that I have had. From the rooms, to the food, to the activities, all was outstanding.

The service was perfection, as i almost never carried a plate from the breakfast buffet to my table. It became a goal of mine (and my family) to actually get to the table without someone helping us. I think that I was successful only once in a 7 day period. Aside from that service, all the staff was unreal. So nice, welcoming and diligent. My husband never even had to ask for a beer, it just appeared, and sometimes even 2 at a time.

This could be the most spectacular place for children. This is far more than a kiddie club at a hotel. They have activities all day, and our 9 year old barely wanted to see us. He made friends that I am sure will be long lasting. I felt totally confident in the safety surrounding the resort and letting all the kids wander, eat, and play amongst themselves.

The restaurants are great! The breakfast buffet is a true "dream". Potions at the restaurants are so appropriate and not a huge blob of beef or chicken. I always felt full, but never stuffed. They will cook and fix almost anything you ask for, so don't be shy in asking. Tofu with veggies, no problem. Five spicy tuna rolls, on the way.

Rooms are large, clean and updated. We had spectacular views of the ocean. We had adjoining rooms, with the kids room being a one bedroom suite with 2 queen beds, a living room with a bed and 2 bathrooms, Large enough for no fighting whatsoever. Don't even get me started on the free mini bar and free (included) room service. Perfection.

The beach and pools are awesome. The only drawback is if you are a diver. Not the best beach for that, but great for swimming, body surfing, jet skiing, and running/walking. We walked one morning, only to find major rush hour on the huge stretch of beach in the morning. Runners and walkers alike share this awesome stretch of sand. Warning, in front of the resort ropes is a public beach. That bothered some people, but we had no issue with that. We were at the beach everyday, and other people sitting and enjoying the same ocean did not present any issues for us whatsoever.

All I can say, is that the kids want to go back, as do my husband and I. I must also tell you, that as a traveler, I like to always try different places in different countries, however, i am now a convert and want to return to Grand Velas asap.

Room Tip: Rooms above the lobby can be noisy with music late at night. Opt for a higher floor (ours was 4th a...
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful comments regarding your recent stay with us at Grand Velas Riviera Nayarit. Comments like yours give us a fabulous opportunity to celebrate!!
I am so happy to hear you enjoyed the restaurants and the service, I will make sure to share your recognition with everybody.
Please contact me if there is anything I can do to make your next stay more enjoyable,

Sincerely!!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

This was a home run!! Fantastic service, beautiful property, gorgeous beach and pool, lovely room, terrific food. Just can't say enough....if you want to chill in Mexico with not a care in the world, this is your place. They bend over backwards to make sure you are comfortable and happy. Food is fantastic (for the most part), and rooms and property are immaculate. And while you pay for WIFI, it works well and quick. The restaurants were truly lovely..I would almost go as far as to say on par with those in any major city ( LA or NYC) not to mention the gym completely adequate..We took our three kids and they had a blast...not a kids club like Four Seasons or Club Med, but they kept themselves busy and can't wait to go back too. The only issue was that the hotel hosted a big group during the middle of our stay and it changed the quiet, open feeling of our stay on the property. I would check to make sure there was not a big group coming in as it might influence our decision to return...other than that, this is a GEM!!!

Dear Guest.

First of all, thank you for your preference and for the time you have taken to post your comments regarding your visit to our resort. Our staff will be satisfied to know your appreciation.
Please keep in touch with us for any further information or assistance.
Looking forward to welcome you again soon!

Best Regards!!

imendoza@grandvelas.com

Been to Grand Velas Riviera Nayarit? Share your experiences!