My husband and I vacationed at Grand Velas in mid-October of this year. Wow! What an amazing stay! This was our 2nd AI vacation- the first being at Excellence in Riviera Maya- and we wanted more of an upscale experience- something similar to a 5 star hotel but with the drinks and food included. We definitely found what we were looking for! The drinks and food were amazing - but topping that was the service. We were so amazed by what great service we received and how friendly everyone who worked there was. On our first day the pool bar manager, David, came by- asked us what we would like- my husband asked for a beer that the hotel did not carry- and 15 minutes later he returned with a case of the beer that he had purchased at the grocery store down the street! He put 1/2 of the case on ice at the bar for use during our visit, and personally delivered the other half to our room. We were impressed! The food in all the restaurants were great- we liked Piaf the best and returned there twice. Make sure you get the martini's made-to-order at your table. The pools were always clean and beautiful- and empty- I think we went during a very slow time of year, but regardless, we never had to worry about getting a chair at the pool and most times had a section of the pool to ourselves. Jackie at the pool was the best! Always was there with a smile on her face!
Nightlife at the resort is very minimal- they have the Lobby Bar which sometimes has music in the evenings- we had a great time with the bartenders- they even made a dance party for us one night. Oscar mixed great drinks!
We had two rooms during our stay- both were very nice, clean and well appointed. Management at the hotel moved us during the middle of our stay since there was a car show going on at the beach (right outside of our room) so they moved us to a Governor's Suite at no charge- which was well appreciated.
Great gym, great spa, great food and drink- what more can you ask for? We will definitely be back or try the other Grand Velas in Riviera Maya next time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the most luxurious all-inclusive resort in the Puerto Vallarta area; a retreat of lavish beauty and comfort that is sure to exceed your expectations. Having revolutionized the all-inclusive concept, Grand Velas is pleased to offer you a "Beyond All Inclusive, Beyond All Compare" vacation experience with exceptional gourmet dining, world-class hospitality, and luxurious accommodations in a spectacular setting on Mexico's golden coast. Experience a breathtaking resort and spa near Puerto Vallarta that seduces your senses and rejuvenates your spirit. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Amex, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Tingo, BookIt.com, Otel, BookingOdigeoWL and Venere so you can book your Grand Velas Riviera Nayarit reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Velas All Suites And Spa Resort
- Grand Velas All Hotel Nuevo Vallarta
- Grand Velas Hotel
- Grand Velas Nuevo Vallarta
- Grand Velas Vallarta