“FABULOUS NEW RESTAURANT” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Mediterraneo

Mediterraneo
Paseo de las Palmas 3, Local 35, Plaza 3.14 | Boulevard Nuevo Vallarta, Nuevo Vallarta 63735, Mexico
Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Italian, Lebanese
Connecticut
“FABULOUS NEW RESTAURANT”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

We had a wonderful dinner at a new restaurant (opened 8 months ago) called Mediterraneo. The food was great - the flavors were unique and dynamite. Our waiter, Daniel was charming and the owner/Chef, Mario was a delight. It was a perfect evening. It definitely deserves five stars and we look forward to future evenings there again on our annual trip. We highly recommend this wonderful dining experience to visitors to this area. The food is Lebanese and Italian.

• Visited January 2013

Kremmling, Colorado
“Not the best in Mideastern food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

I've eaten in various Middle Eastern restaurants during my lifetime and I thought the food here was mediocre at best. After reading the reviews, I was excited to try the sampler platter. They started out with two tiny slices of dried baguette-style bread smothered in dried oregano, sesame seeds and drizzled with a little olive oil. Dried oregano? It seemed like they put a single teaspoon of dried oregano on each slice of bread.

Next came a plate with some hummus spread on one side of the plate, lebanese yogurt on the other, trimmed with six rolled grape leaves with white rice in their centers. The hummus was nothing special - I make it myself at home and this tasted the same. The Lebanese yogurt on the other hand, was delectable. I've never had anything like it - it had the consistency of a cheese spread and tasted wonderful. That was the best part of the meal. This course was served with pita bread.

The next course consisted of two different kabobs - grilled chicken that was nothing special, tasted like it came off my own grill, and there was perhaps 3 ounces on the skewer. The second kabob consisted of seasoned ground beef and onions, a little on the salty side. Perhaps 3 ounces to this skewer. This last plate also came with rice and potatoes. I don't understand the rave reviews on the potatoes. They were like country-style hash browns (cut in cubes) on the dry side with a little oregano on them. Very bland! The rice was not seasoned either. This dinner plate for two was hardly worth the 400 pesos we paid for it.

Last on the menu review is the rose petal ice cream. Talk about different! Honestly, I felt like I was eating bath salts or perfume. And actual rose petals was in the ice cream. Wierd. I have always loved middle eastern food, but this culinary experience was just plain strange. I wanted different, and I got it. But we won't be going there again.

Service - my husband and I were the only patrons when we went - my husband had to ask for a glass of water twice before he got it.

Here's a heads-up to any travelers staying in beachfront hotels in Nuevo Vallarta. If you want to experience this restaurant, the mapped location shown on this site is misleading. We stayed at the Villa Varadero and thought this restaurant was only perhaps a mile and a half from our hotel. It is more like 3 miles. Had we known that we would have taken the free tourist bus to get there. As it was, we had sore feet.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Boston
“Leave the resort and eat here!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I love Lebanese food and Chef Mario provided us with one of the best meals ever. I recommend the appetizers to share and especially the Shawarma, a beef and mushroom dish. Have a glass of rose water and the rose water ice cream. The service is excellent and if you are staying in the area, the cab ride is under $4.00 USD. The food is very reasonable and you will kick yourself if you miss this place.

Grosse Pte Woods, MI
“Lebanese / Italian food in one place ?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

Went to dinner & we discovered the restaurant we intially wanted to eat at was no longer in business. As we walked to go to another place at the opposite end we saw Mediterraneo. The Chef was standing by the front door & told us to look at his menu & come in. It was an odd combination of cuisine but we gave it a try & we were glad we did. We had pasta ( chief's & mediterraneo) they were excellent. We went back a second time so I could have the Mediterraneo pasta again. The waiter Daniel made our meal special. The Rose Petal vanilla ice cream at the end was to die for!! EXCELLENT. I saw one of the reviews that said it was slow in service but we did not experience that - what's the hurry anyway - you are on vacation.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Orlando, Florida
“Disappointed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012 via mobile

After reading the review in Trip Advisor we were excited to go to this restaurant, but we have to honestly say we were disappointed. While some of the food was very good... The chicken kabobs were delicious and extremely tender, other food was indelible. My husband and I wanted the lamb kabobs which they were out of at 8 p.m (this is usually the time most Mexicans start dinner), he ordered the beef Schwarma which was des robed as beef tenderloins sliced and cooked with spices. His food was tough and not able to eat. The waiters were very nice, but service was very slow, I had to ask for bread after a half hour..the restaurant was not busy...three tables when we started, five when we left at 10:30. Dining with a one-year old this was way too long even if he had a two hour nap before. We won't be bck, there are much better restaurants in Nuevo.