“Best Mexican Food EVER” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Description: Fairly new restaurant in the Grupo Mayan/VIDA complex. Excellent traditional Mexican specialties.
Phoenix, AZ
“Best Mexican Food EVER”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

Literally the best margaritas and Mexican food ever.

On a one week trip, we visited Epazote twice, it was that good!

The margaritas were out of this world. The chips came with 3 different kinds of delicious salsa. Your choice of rolls with 3 different types of butter, orange chipotle, plain, and garlic Epazote was yummy. The chef prepared a moush moush each time that was delicious. Quesadillas for the kids. Outstanding table made guacamole made to your liking.

The first time I ordered their sampler of the favorites including Spicy Pork Burrito, Platain Dobladitas (my favorite), a spicy pork rind Gordita, and bean burrito. A little sample of each was fantastic. The second trip back I had the Shrimp Almond Mole Enchiladas, which were great, but I preferred the sampler. Another couple with us raved about the Tortilla Soup being the best ever. And the Picante Chocolate Fondant was a spicy melting chocolate cake was out of this world fantastic. I would gladly recommend Epazote to anyone in the Vallarta area wanting tasty Mexican food, great atmosphere, and outstanding service!

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Ottawa, Canada
“Great food, wonderful ambiance”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

ONe of our best meals. The guacamole is custom made a the table. The margueritas are wonderful and tasty. Not cheap, but great value

Visited December 2012
Pismo Beach
“Easy place inside the Grande Luxxe.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

I thoroughly enjoyed the poblano chili. It had shrimp and octopus inside. All the food at our table had wonderful presentation. It is a bit pricey, but it was quick and good. My kids were able to find fajitas and they enjoyed them.

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Burlington, Canada
“Lovely Christmas dinner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

Eleven of us went to this restaurant for Christmas dinner. For some (not Mexican food lovers)' it wasn't their top pick, but was where we could all get in with a late reservation.

But, my husband and I loved it. It is an upscale place, just off the main foyer of the hotel. It appeared they had an outdoor seating area, although we didn't see it. I ordered the red snapper, and it was scrumptious, with a sauce I mopped up with the fresh tortillas they'd brought for trying the various sauces. My husband had a mole, which he thoroughly enjoyed. When they forgot the chicken in our duaghter's quesadilla, they brought her out to entire grilled chicken breasts!

Service was on pointe. Sauces and dishes were well explained, including the heat level of various items. We would have liked to go back as just our smaller immediate family, but ran out of time. We'll return for a special night out on our next trip.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
San Miguel de Allende, Guanajuato, Mexico
“Fantastic Mexican Fine Dining”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

The cochinita pibil was the best I've had. The service was out standing. In short it was the perfect romantic dining experience.

Visited November 2012