“Expensive” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Mayan Palace Nuevo Vallarta

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Nuevo Vallarta
Mayan Palace Nuevo Vallarta
Save Saved
You added Mayan Palace Nuevo Vallarta to your Saves list
Paseo De Las Moras #1, Fracc., Nuevo Vallarta 63735, Mexico   |
Ranked #20 of 24 hotels in Nuevo Vallarta
Tacoma, Washington
“Expensive”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

Very nice, five stars, but you pay for everything double. Pools are crowded, people hog lounge chairs, drinks start at 7.00 us. Too large to really walk the grounds, you must wait for cart. Wont be going back, better deals all inclusive out there.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Socialmediamanager1, Manager at Mayan Palace Nuevo Vallarta, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
Dear diamondgirl :
Thank you so much for choosing our Mayan Palace for your vacation and for sharing your review with us.

It appears as though not all your expectations were met. Our goal is to make each one of our guests’ vacations relaxing and we look to please them by making sure they receive all the benefits they are expecting to enjoy during their vacation. With that in mind, your feedback will be shared with all the appropriate areas. We would like to point out as well that our prices are competitive compared to other resorts.
Your feedback is always welcomed.
Warm regards,

555 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Keizer, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

My husband and I traveled to Nuevo Vallarta with our timeshare and stayed at the Mayan Palace. Beautiful location and AMAZING pool! Over 1 mile in circumference! We had a great week. I became ill while there and the hotel brought a doctor to my room! Great service!!

Room Tip: Every room is great!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Vernon, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

We will never, EVER, book a hotel without checking trip Advisor first. Everything everyone said is accurate, unfortunately we had already booked before we reviewed the comments. Constant construction all week long, including the weekend. Couldn't open the balcony door, couldn't hear the TV, no quiet time between 9am and 7pm. Lesson learned.....

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear Margaret B :
We really appreciate the time you have taken to share with us your impression about your stay at Mayan Palace.

For that reason, we are shocked to learn about the inconveniences experienced during your visit since we are always looking to surpass our clients’ expectations of genuine hospitality by providing outstanding locations and service excellence. That is why our resorts are constantly being refurbished and we aim to ensure that our facilities are in the best condition possible for our guests to enjoy.

Your feedback will be taken into consideration as our primary goal is to ensure you are able to relax during your much deserved vacation.

With all good wishes,
Las Vegas, Nevada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

Be nice to yourself do not book at The Mayan Palace Resort. I was looking forward to a relaxing vacation in Nuevo Vallarta. I was so busy before my vacation that I didn't research the location well before booking. As soon as I booked I looked up The Mayan Palace and was shocked by the reviews by Trip Advisor. I readily called RCI and told them about it. I asked if I could cancel and book somewhere else. The gentleman I spoke to said once I booked it was set in stone, I could not change it. I felt this was not a vacation friendly response. He told me to call the hotel before my arrival and request a room away from the construction. I did, I spoke to a lady in reservations, in Spanish I told her I was looking forward to a relaxing vacation and needed a room away from the construction. She said she would make a notation. So, when I arrived, Sunday afternoon, April 14, I expected a better location. I told the lady that checked me in, about my request. My room was #5408 facing the construction. Right away I came down and talk to the receptionist. She said at this time she didn't have a room in a better location available since I was travelling on my own. But that she would send my request and let me know later. Again, I was let down. I felt I was not in a vacation friendly environment. I never heard anything about a different room. Instead, I had messages about promotions and a welcoming package, which I never received. I went ahead and planned my activities. Since the location is so far away from Puerto Vallarta I was gone early in the morning, about 8AM and back in the early evening on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. Thursday was the only day I spent in the resort. The room I got was horrible. It was a basic Master bedroom with two uncomfortable double beds, with hard mattress. There was a small balcony with no furniture overlooking the construction. The sliding doors had no screen doors so I could not leave them open. There was no refrigerator or microwave. No small kitchenette like I would expect in a timeshare resort. The jackhammering noise started at 7AM and ended at 7PM. So, when I returned from my tours I would change right away and go do other activities. There is a shoe in the Santuario Bar & Launch every night. So, if I wanted to go to sleep at 11PM I could hear the music from the Santuario. Some of the nights I could hear the neighbors next door talking loud. Staying in this room was not relaxing and it didn't make me feel I was pampered in a vacation resort. I didn't get to see other rooms. But, the architecture of these high rise buildings are very plane and boring. Who ever design this resort is not a vacation friendly person. Puerto Vallarta Nuevo is not all that. The focus point is the Nayar Golf Course designed by Jack Nicklaus. So, if Golf is your passion and you are going to play 4 to 5 days out of your vacation, Puerto Vallarta Nuevo would be an amazing area to stay. There are a lot of different hotels and resorts around the marina by the golf course. For people like me who like to enjoy the beach and explore Puerto Vallarta, this is not a place to stay. All the interesting activities are in central Puerto Vallarta or in the south. You can visit Puerto Vallarta Nuevo in one day, have lunch in the small marina, check out the Dolphins, take a water taxi to paradise village the golf course and take a walk by the beach. All in one day, that's how small it is! I am very disappointed with The Mayan group and RCI. They are very insensitive to allow people on vacation to stay in this resort close to the construction. the both lack basic customer service skills. #1 Listening to what the customer wants. I did not feel they listen to my request - to be away from construction noise! #2 The best marketing strategy a company can have to be successful by word of mouth recommendations by happy customers. Basic customer service. How difficult can this be?

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Socialmediamanager1, Manager at Mayan Palace Nuevo Vallarta, responded to this review, August 9, 2013
Dear rosa o :
We really appreciate the time you have taken to share with us your impression about your stay at Mayan Palace Nuevo Vallarta.

For that reason, we are shocked to learn about the inconveniences experienced during your visit since Mayan Palace is always looking to surpass our clients’ expectations of genuine hospitality by providing outstanding locations and service excellence. Rest assured that your feedback will be taken into consideration as it helps us improve our facilities and services. Our primary goal is to ensure you are able to relax during your much deserved vacation.

With all good wishes,

Burlington, Colorado
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

I felt bad by booking in this place, pressure cooker sales people, noisy and non stop construction traffic, lack of signs to guide you to the proper places in this huge property make it a cluster disaster for time share or vacation people. Very high priced food and drink venue's in this place. Room service, drivers , cleaning crew and the taxi stand people are amazing, they are so efficient and caring. over all Nuevo Vallarta is good.

Room Tip: Ask about the construction before booking, wait til they are completed to stay at Mayan palace.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear 118JamesT118:
Thank you so much for commenting about your stay at Mayan Palace Nuevo Vallarta. We really thank you for your kind comments about all our staff as we consider them one of our biggest assets.

All the same, we are disappointed that we were unable to meet your expectations to the fullest. This will be addressed by the appropriate areas as we always work hard to have a clear communication with our honored guests. We would like to point out as well that our prices are extremely competitive compared to other luxury resorts.
We appreciate your feedback and look forward to hosting you again.

Warm regards,
MÉXICO, D.F.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013 via mobile

We felt stocked by the timeshare sales people, eventhough we constantly told them we were no interested because we just bought a timeshare membership from vidanta group. Also they do not have the infrastructure to suppory high seasons. It took them an hour and a half to get our baggage to our room, an hour and forty minutes to get our car. When you check-in beware of the person who attend you and let them know you are not interested on timeshare if not you'll be stocked, ask them to put your bracelets on the front desk.

• Stayed April 2013
Dear ALEJANDRA M:
Thank you so much for choosing our Mayan Palace Nuevo Vallarta for your vacation and for sharing your review with us. Comments like yours enable our continued pursuit of improvement for perfection on our daily performance.

Thanks to your comments, measures will be taken to make our bell-boys service more efficient so that we are able to cover all our guests’ needs.

If we are fortunate to welcome you back in the near future, we are confident your stay will be a unique experience.

Best regards,
London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

Started off in a timeshare but due to people above us moving furniture at 3am we complained and were moved to Grand Mayan. Room was quite nice and bathroom was brilliant with a jacuzzi bath. Bed was very comfortable. Checking in involved running the gauntlet of timeshare salespeople which was not very nice. Beautiful pools which were well maintained. Checking out was unhelpful as we were given a room to change in, which was a long way away and staff unhelpful as to how to get there. No one seemed to know where it was so not sure how we were supposed to find it!!! and as we were leaving no one seemed to care about assisting us which was disappointing. Not sure the staff are trained in dealing with clients at what is supposed to be a five star hotel.

Room Tip: Choose a room near the reception otherwise everything is a long way away
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Hotelly :
We truly appreciate the time you have taken to share with us your impression about your visit at Mayan Palace and your experiencewhile staying at another one of our resorts. We are pleased to learn you enjoyed the accommodations and facilities.

We are shocked to learn about the inconveniences experienced during your visit since we are always looking to surpass our clients’ expectations of genuine hospitality by providing outstanding facilities and service excellence. All our staff has a strict regimen of training and supervision in order to provide the highest level of service our guests expect from us. We will gladly follow-up with the appropriate areas as creating ideal vacation experiences is our main goal and for your check-in to be an efficient and pleasant experience.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Good wishes,
Mayan Palace Nuevo Vallarta Management.

Been to Mayan Palace Nuevo Vallarta? Share your experiences!