“Above & Beyond” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Samba Vallarta All Inclusive

Save Saved
You added Samba Vallarta All Inclusive to your Saves list
Samba Vallarta All Inclusive
3.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Av. costera y la playa s/n., Nuevo Vallarta 63732, Mexico (Formerly Samba Vallarta by Pueblo Bonito)   |
Ranked #15 of 24 hotels in Nuevo Vallarta
Alberta
“Above & Beyond”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2009

We travelled with a group of around 50 people. They all came down for our daughters wedding which was held at the Samba. All I can say is all of the staff went above and beyond to make our stay awsome. My daughter & son-in-law were upgraded at check in to a suite. When I made the suggestion to the wedding planner that we were the parents of the bride and had been the ones to choose the hotel and that if there was a suite available that we be upgraded also. He made it happen. We were in our regular room for about 30 min and the moved to a suite. They also upgraded my sister & brother in law to a room with a balcony because it was their anniversary. We if it was possible to purchase some flowers and a bottle of wine for them for their anniversary. Not only was it possible but we were not charged for it!! They did an excellent job of the wedding - it was one that none of our group will ever forget. We stayed at the Royal de cameron in Nov and were not impressed. I also have stayed at numerous all inclusive hotel in Vallarta. This one may not have had the best food but it did not have the worst. My aunt is a vegatarian and had no problem finding food to eat. She would have at other hotels we have stayed at - including the Decameron. She injoyed her stay so much that she went back again about a month later. Chuey (photographer) is amazing...get photos done by him. In closing the only hotel we have stayed at in Vallarta that I would say is better is the Occedential Allegro. I loved the size of this resort as we were travelling with a large group it didn't take us long to round people up if we needed to.

• Stayed February 2009

1,054 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
Vancouver
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2009

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Samba in March 2009. We booked based on the great deal through expedia and based on the reviews we read. We did a lot of research and almost everything seemed positive.
When we arrived we were disappointed at the overall look of the hotel. The whole hotel is drab and dated. We didn't let this part bother us as we were excited to be in Mexico and leaving the cold weather in Vancouver.
The room we were first assigned was on the first floor and smelled strongly of mold and mildue. Our towels and bedsheets were actually damp with mositure trapped in the room. The wall in the closet had black mold all over it. The "view" in this room looked directly at a barbed wire fence separting us from the RIU.
We went directly to the desk to request another room and were told to check back in the morning.
After the night in that room we went to the desk where they told us we could move room at 3pm and it would not be a problem. We hung around all day and went back to the desk at 3 where they told us that they had no rooms to move us to. After a long discussion with the Guest Service Agent when once confronted could no longer speak English, we then spoke to the Manager. We decided that since they did not have any other rooms, we would find another place to stay. ( We are not fussy people and both work in hotels and understand that you don't get the best room everytime but this was THAT bad.)
Once we made a decision to leave the manager then found a vacant room. This room was much better, no mold still smelt off but much better.
The grounds were nice and the beach was amazing. The pool was ok but extremely crowded with locals most of the time.
The staff were extremely short and quite rude. It did feel like we were not welcome at many times because we were not from the area. When we exchanged our american money to pesos at the desk, my boyfriend did the conversion in his head and realized we were short changed considerably. He asked why we didn't get the correct amount back and the female staff member took it out of her pocket and gave it to us!!!!! When confronted with this, once again, after speaking fluently to us in english, she could no longer speak english! How convient!! We then discussed the issue with the manager on duty as we were extremely shocked that this actually happened and he blew it off completley giving no answer or justification.
The food.......I have been to numerous all inclusives in Mexico and this was by far the WORST food I have ever seen!!! Usually I can find something to eat at most meals but this was terrible! Dinner had about 10 items to choose from, the salad was non existent, if you did not get to the buffet as soon as it opened you would not get any fruit or vegetables. They do not replenish the buffet so once something is gone, its gone! The fruit was wilted and covered in fruit flies. The snack bar was pretty disgusting as well, and we ended up eating off the resort a lot due to the extremely poor quality of the buffet and snack bar.
There was an italian and Mexican a la carte restaurant which were both quite good with good service and great spanish coffees.
Overall the drink service was really good, despite the the dirty glasses.
The best part of our trip was that it forced us to go offsite and explore. Had a fantastic meal in PV at Pepe's. Would highly recommend this restaurant!
We took an ATV tour which was a blast and found a local spa outside of the Royal Decameron which was outstanding!
Samba was afforable but we ended up spending so much more on food and activities to get us away from the horrible resort that we would have been better off booking something a little more expensive. I love Puerto Vallarta but would NEVER stay at Samba again. I have also been to royal Decameron and would highly recommend staying there. It isn't much more than samba but worth every penny!!
Please do not book at Samba. I signed up on trip advisor specifically to try and warn people not to chose this resort. We read the reviews before booking but be very aware that they are misleading.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
Niles MI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2009

First let me start off by saying that I agree 100% with halakahiki82!!! Please read her review!!! I couldn't have said it any better myself. My husband and I stayed at the Samba Resort from Sept 6-Sept11th. We had a fantastic time! I have never been treated so good in my life!! When we arrived back to the Samba each time from tours we had taken we were welcomed with OPEN ARMS! and told Welcome home! The Samba staff waited on us hand and foot! They were wonderful! The food was wonderful as well, something different all the time! The drinks omg!! Sooooo good!! Esp the Strawberry Daq's omg!! Soo good! Its a wonderful place to stay and they took care of us! I would suggest if you do visit Puerto Vallarta to stay at the Samba, as they will take care of you and you'll have a wonderful stay! I would also like to suggest to you that you take the Canopy tours with El Eden! What a blast we had! I can't comment enough on that tour company! Also we enjoyed a tour of the city of Puterto Vallarta, Sailing, Snorkeling! Dolphins came up and swam right next to our sail boat! What an experience! I love this place and am coming back! Thank you Samba for making our honeymoon the BEST!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2009

Seriously, though, it was THAT GOOD. We stayed from 9/5/09-9//12/09 and every single second of the trip was magnificent. My boyfriend and I chose the Samba Vallarta after many months of research, and it definitely paid off. This was the first time at an all-inclusive resort for both of us, and it was absolutely fantastic.

We arrived to a Mexican Fiesta night poolside with fantastic foods, drinks and desserts. A stage was setup in the middle of the three fantastic swimming pools and dancers performed in the night. From the instant we set foot in the Samba, our vacation was perfect and magical. Everyone was beyond friendly, our concierge, Fernando was exceptionally friendly and really went above and beyond to meet and anticipate our needs. He would bend over backwards to make sure we had taxis when needed to go into town, or checking in at restaurants if we required reservations or anything else imaginable. He really is an asset to the Samba, and made our trip extra enjoyable.

The pools were immaculate and never overcrowded, with plenty of poolside chaise lounges and umbrellas if you felt like resting or sunbathing. The Mexicano Grill provided plentiful delicious snacks and bar services in the afternoon, sometimes even bringing drinks right to you in the pool. Bruno, one of the bartenders, was extra friendly and made delicious drinks. I was exceptionally partial to the blue hawaiians and daquiris.

The indoor bar (open from 5 pm - 1 am) was roomy, comfortable and had an excellent view all the way across the hotel grounds to the beach. Mario, the bartender, made delicious drinks and was accommodating and friendly.

I highly, HIGHLY recommend getting reservations at the hotel restaurant, Venezia. They are open for dinner nightly, with reservation, and seriously the staff is super talented and friendly. Ismael was our waiter for each reservation we had, and he was the warmest, kindest man you'll ever meet. The service was impeccable and the entire staff in the restaurant was fantastic. Also, the food was delicious, and different every time. We tried a Mexican grill night (photos included) and an Italian night that were phenomenal. The only upsetting part would be the fact that we did not get reservations at the restaurant every night (due to outside the hotel activities and dinners). Seriously, we could've eaten there every meal and been happier than you could imagine. It was superb dining.

Which is not to say the regular hotel restaurant, La Hacienda, did not have delicious food. It did, a different theme every night, with deliciously prepared items. The food was plentiful, the service impeccable, and the staff was a delight. And if you get a chance to try the fresh omelette bar you will NOT regret it. Lore, the omelette cook, is a culinary genius. There are a variety of fresh and delicious ingredients available (like hot, diced chiles and chorizo with fresh cheese and mexican salsa) and she whips up delicious omelettes in minutes while you wait. The eggs are fresh and delicious and you'll be thinking about breakfast all day. There are also an assortment of delicious tropical fruits available with every meal, and endless drinks.

The housekeeping staff is friendly, efficient and lovely. Our room was a comfortable temperature the entire trip, always spotless and we had an abundance of fresh towels at our disposal.

Really, while staying at the Samba, we wanted for nothing. Occasionally there would be small booths setup with local vendors selling souvenirs, or trinkets. There was live entertainment, plenty of drinks, endless activities and overall the hotel was plain fantastic. We never wanted to leave! Of course, we did venture out into downtown Puerto Vallarta for shopping and tourism excursions. As well as a few activities, like dolphin adventures and tequila tours.

But at the end of every long and eventful day, we'd come back to the Samba and be welcomed "home" with open arms.

I could not recommend any place higher than the Samba, it is truly one of the most magnificent places to stay in the Riviera Nayarit and possibly all of Jalisco State. You get exceptional service, make excellent friends, and delicious food all for an unbelievably low price! We absolutely cannot wait to go back, and are already planning when and how we will take our next vacation to Mexico at Samba Vallarta!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Washington State
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2009

My husband and I stayed at the Samba in April 2009 and had a wonderful and relaxing experience! We got an incredible deal on our trip and have to say our stay was worth every penny. The hotel is lovely and nicely maintained... Beautiful beach and great service! The food so-so... We traveled away from the resort a few times and had some incredible meals! Beverages were fantastic, especially the Angel Special and the Mexican coffees! My husband and I felt very safe and enjoyed our stay greatly. We came home relaxed and tan! If you get a great deal for the Samba you should absolutely stay there... But if prices aren't are high, you can definitely get more bang for your buck at another resort.

Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
st. louis, Mo.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2009

This was our second visit to the Samba Vallarta. My husband and I have a 14 yr old and a 6 yr old so sometimes it"s difficult to keep both of them happy but not at the Samba. The check in process was quick and easy. The room was very clean and had no musty smell as others have commented on. The A/C was running perfectly as our room was on the cold side most of the time. It was great to see several familiar staff members that we got aquainted with from our visit in June of '08 and the best part several of them remembered us as well....by name! The food was good, especially the Italian night. We were unable to get reservations for the mexican night due to our schedule of activities. The staff went above and beyond to make sure your stay is great on both visits we have had at the Samba. The beach is nice and again the bar staff made sure that your drink was never empty and would deliver beverages to you on the beach! We will be going back!!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
littleton, colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2009

We decided to stay at the Samba after readng favorable reviews on Trip Advisor. It did not disappoint. We had a great time. The food was ok, but not great. We did enjoy the 2 meals in the ala carte Italian and Mexican nights. The beach was awesome. The water was warm and the waves were fun. There were some issues with jelly fish stings but it is the season so be cautious but don't let it stop you from having fun. The staff is great. Salvador is very friendly and if you have any questions or need any help, Fernando is there to serve. He is the best. We booked a couple of excursions with Manual on the beach, both turned out to be as described and we got a better deal than we would have on line. We had Fernando verify that they were legit before handing over the money. That gave us peace of mind that all was well. The rooms were nice and the AC felt good. We wish the AC would have been just a bit cooler but it was adequate. Overall it was a great experience and we wouldn't hesitate to go back.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family

Been to Samba Vallarta All Inclusive? Share your experiences!