“Great First All-Inclusive experience” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Samba Vallarta All Inclusive

You added Samba Vallarta All Inclusive to your Saves list
Samba Vallarta All Inclusive
3.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Av. costera y la playa s/n., Nuevo Vallarta 63732, Mexico (Formerly Samba Vallarta by Pueblo Bonito)   |
Ranked #15 of 26 Hotels in Nuevo Vallarta
Toronto
“Great First All-Inclusive experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

I booked Samba through a last-minute getaway for my birthday and it was an overall great experience.

Room: We requested a room with a pool/ocean view but instead got a view of the tennis court of a neighbouring hotel. We tried to request a new room every morning for the first 4 days, but kept getting the run around so it never happened. The room itself was spacious, had a balcony and very clean - unfortunately, housekeeping never came at the same time each day, which was annoying when we wanted to get into our room.

Location/Atmosphere & Security: The hotel was in a great location - right on the beach, about a 10 minute taxi ride from Puerto Vallerta. Before I left my family was concerned that I was going to Mexico, but it was very safe: they account for you whenever you leave the hotel and ensure you get back safely. It had a great mix of local and foreign guests and the staff was amazing - shout-outs to Jose, Jesus and Roberto :)

Food & Drink: The buffet wasn't the best, but had a wide variety so you won't go hungry (especially with Lore's delicious omelettes!) - plus there are great restaurants in the area. We tried to book the hotel restaurant a few times, but never seemed to wake up early enough to do so.

Overall: I really loved this vacation; It was the first all inclusive for me and my boyfriend and we had a fun, relaxing time. I would definitely recommend it to friends and family.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

After staying at a 4 star (2011) and a 5 star( 2012) resort in playa de carmen we wanted something small and more budget friendly resort. After researching for months and reading thousands of review we decided on the samba vallarta. We have never been to the puerto Vallarta area. It was a no brainer we book with westjet vacation and paid 859 dollar for 14 days per person. Of course we would be worried booking a 3 star after staying at a 5 star. So i did not expected too much. Our flight was delayed for one hour. Flight was nonstop from edmonton to puerto vallarta. No lineup at the costumes and we were out of the airport in 30minutes. Timeshare sharks are more agressive here. 20 minutes later we arrived at the samba. The ocean view from the lobby was beautiful. Checkin was fast. But we did not get the double bed that we wanted. Kingbed and pullout couch. We wantes to switch room right away but they were full. We are 4 people in our group and this was hard on us. So my family getting used to 5 star resort were complaining . Oh boy this will be a very long 14 days. But it turned out fine after the first night. I said dont sweat the little things we are on vacation. The rest of the stay we had no problems at all. The food is 5 star food. One of the best resort food you can find. A lot of tender meat. Awesome mexican dishes. And if you dont like buffet book the a la carte. We book a la carte every second day to mix up the food. You can book a la carte everyday if you like. Every morning before breakfast you can book. No line up for booking . I could book after 9am. Only the italian is air conditioned. But i found it was not that hot like in playa the carmen. There is always a breeze. I could sit at the pool buffet overlooking the ocean all day long. So relaxing and cool place to sit. This is truly a family resort. 90 percent of guest where mexican families. They are all nice. We made friends with a lot of them. We did the city tour book through the lobby and that was a waste of money. Basically you sit in a bus most of the time and the cart you to the most expensive places in town . The tour for our family was 60 dollar but we ended up spending 200 dollar more for food and drinks. So one day we hop on the ATM bus that stops every 15 minutes in front of the lobby. Get of at the marina walmart and take another bus that says centro. We went to the malecon and fleamarket. Afterward we took a cab back for 220 pesos. I tool the most amazing sunset pictures here. You could walk 6 miles each directions. Awesome long beach to walk. My kids didnt want to go home. We will be back

• Stayed July 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

This place is wonderful, we're a younger couple (31) looking for some R&R but at the same time some night life. Samba was spot on. I hope I cover everything because these guys deserve it.

Overall 5/5
As a whole this trip is great, they were timely in getting us our room, friendly, VERY accommodating and I would say 85% of the staff spoke English and if they didn't they were still very accommodating and helpful.

Cleanliness 5/5
Very clean, zero complaints. They clean the room every 3 days or so where back in Canada they would do it every day. I do believe this is a standard across the board in Mexico and I know they you can request it done everyday if you'd like. As I said zero complaints.

Location 5/5
This resort is on the Pacific Ocean and has just enough crashing waves to remind you "I'm on vacation, far away from home and its time to relax". It's very hot but there is unlimited refreshments and almost every lounge area has shade. Another thing we noticed and really appreciated was that there was no clocks. As odd as this may seem to value, I'm on vacation, I don't need to follow a schedule!

Rooms 4/5
Rooms are great, could use a reno or maybe a small face lift but all the necessities are there air conditioning is ice cold, flat screen TV, king size bed, sofa in room and a small table for dining. I have never used the safe before in a hotel room until I came to Mexico as I have heard things about the Mexican staff at some resorts. The safe is re programmable with your own unique code and very easy to use. Also I will add that I left currency on the night stand by accident and after they changed the sheets it was still there, matter of fact they wiped the tables around it being careful not to move any of it.

Service 5/5
Everything was "yes señor", "pleasure to serve you señorita". Literally any request we had they would put forth 100% effort to ensure we were happy. I could go on for hours but these people at this resort are wonderful and accommodating!

Value 5/5

I don't know how they can afford to continue to offer this price with all of the amenities and staff offered but I found the value great. I ever said that if it was a bit more I would still pay it.

Food and drink 5/5

Rumour has it back home that they serve watered down drinks. I personally watch them mix every drink in front of me and when you say "give me a double" you better be ready! The food is really good, it doesn't feel like your neighbourhood Chinese buffet where the food feels somewhat cheap and you question the ingredients, it's really good quality cuts of meat, fresh fruits and vegetable and seems to follow a different cultural theme nightly. You can even have them make you something fresh right in front of you if you ask!

Closing

I can honestly say this is a wonderful place to stay, so much in fact that I leave on Thursday and its only Sunday, I couldn't wait to give my review! I WILL be back!

• Stayed July 2013
Smiths Falls, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

We have been to Samba 11 times. Started going there with our daughter when she was 9. She is 24 now. Love the home atmosphere and now call it our 2nd home. The staff are the BEST of any place we have been. We have made some wonderful friendships with staff and are always welcomed with love when we arrive. Wish it was a little cheaper to go there but do plan to take our granddaughter hopefully some day soon. Hello to all our friends and look forward to seeing all of you soon!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Seneca, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

Beautiful décor and grounds. Traditional Mexican. Friendly staff. They surprised us with flower petals at the doorway leading to the bed, flowers spelled "love" in Spanish, hot tub drawn with flowers! All inclusive. Excellent food.

Room Tip: ask for a room that faces the pool.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Laramie, Wyoming
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

We really enjoyed our week at the Samba Vallarta. We visited in mid-May, when the resort was primarily occupied by Mexican nationals on vacation.

The room was basic but very clean; some art on the walls would be a nice added touch, but the decor was otherwise quite nice. Our room did not have a balcony, but many did, and the fourth floor was quiet and comfortable. The air conditioning shuts off when you are not in the room, but maintenance staff will change the settings to allow your room to stay cool at all times if you ask. In addition to being assiduous, the housekeeping staff brightened

The bars were solidly run and the drinks were variable -- sometimes just right and sometimes a bit on the weak side. Fermin was a great bartender and raconteur; ask for the "Fermin special" for a great cocktail treat.

Activities on site included boogie boards and sea kayaks; we went out kayaking several times and twice encountered wild dolphins surfacing at close range.

The food was consistently good (but not spectacular) at the buffet, with Mexican specialties available in abundance (this is not always the case in Mexico all-inclusives, and was a pleasant surprise here). Be sure to try the fresh empanadas for breakfast! The Italian restaurant was very good both times, with most dishes outstanding but the occasional dish that was a bit off.

Evening activities ranged from kids shows to traditional Mexican dancers to live music. Lots of activities for kids if you want to bring them. There were a couple of times when the decibel level at activities was comparable to being beneath an airport runway, and we would recommend to the staff that the volume of the microphone system be kept at a reasonable level.

Overall, this was a very relaxing and enjoyable base camp to explore Peurto Vallarta as well as the much closer village of Bucerias. We had a great time and would go back.

Room Tip: Rooms on the first floor are near the pool table and could be noisy; request a balcony.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

This was our first experience in visiting Mexico and the Samba Vallarta. We were a little worried since our Spanish-speaking skills are lacking, but this wasn't a problem at the Samba as the staff was fairly bi-lingual. We never had any communication problems. All the staff was extremely friendly. Islandia's smiling face at the front desk was so helpful. She upgraded our room and we stayed in a suite with a balcony facing the pool/beach on the 3rd floor. The view was postcard perfect! The staff was so amazing! It may have been because we were stand outs among all the locals that were there with our pale complexions, but most of the staff remembered our names and greeted us around the resort by name as they saw us. The servers were fabulous! Alberto "Berto", remembered the drinks we always ordered and had them ready without us even having to ask. Carlos had a great sense of humor and made us feel right at home. We stayed a week and wished we could stay longer. This resort is smaller and not as commercialized, but the rooms were clean, beds were firm, so don't expect a pillow mattress. The suite may have offered noise insulation from the hallway, as we never heard anything at night and the evening disco (when they had it) could only be heard if you opened your window to the room or went out on the balcony. If you're looking for family friendly, this place is it. Activities were fun and entertaining. We enjoyed the food, but don't expect what you may be used to if you're American. I recommend to change it up a bit by eating at the a la carte restaurant for dinner once in a while during your stay. The Italian Restaurante Venezia was delicious! We hope to make it a new tradition to come and visit the Samba in the future and sharpen our Spanish skills so we can speak to the staff in their own language :) We cannot say enough about the beautiful beach, cabanas, beach-side drink service, etc. An unforgettable experience!

Room Tip: Rooms on the pool/beach side offer the best views
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
SAMBA V, Director General at Samba Vallarta All Inclusive, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
On behalf of Hotel Samba Vallarta thank you for share your experience regarding your stay, we are so glad that it was a pleasant one. This comments are very motivating for all of us to continue offering the best, we are going to post your comments in our notice board so that all our co-workers fell your kindness. We hope you continue being one of our most valued guests at this your home “Samba Vallarta Hotel”

Been to Samba Vallarta All Inclusive? Share your experiences!