“Cucaracha Shrimp for me !” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #14 of 101 Restaurants in Nuevo Vallarta
Cuisines: Mexican
Redcliff, Canada
“Cucaracha Shrimp for me !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

Hola y buenas dias : Titi's Restaurant & Bar in the small town of Jarretaderas in the Nuevo Vallarta area is my all time favorite , I always order the Cucaracha Shrimp peeled ( warm ) and my love orders the Aguachilli de Cameron ( hot ) , both are perfect every time , and the beer is super cold ! , the restaurant is a wonderful Mexican experience . I now live in the Nuevo area and so far this is our favorite special place , food is awesome and prices are so very reasonable . As mentioned in other reviews Taxis know of this out of the way place very well . experience and enjoy .

• Visited November 2012

Everett, Washington
“Great food at a reasonable price!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We stay in Nuevo or Puerto Vallarta about every 2 years and like most Americans we usually frequent the well known and unimaginative restaurants. This time, the owner of our favorite local Mexican restaurant (in Mill Creek, WA) raved about Titi's so we decided to give it a try.

I had the fish and my husband had a chicken dish. Both were outstanding in flavor, and the portions were very ample. There was enough to take back to our condominium and ate 3 more meals from the left-overs. My favorite was the Diablo sauce, served with my fish. I have no idea what it's made out of but it was sweet, spicy and savory all at the same time. I suggest if you're staying on the Mayan property you will want to take a Taxi both ways. It's very close to the Grand Mayan, my husband and I (we're 70 and 65) took a taxi there and then walked back. However, the town may be more RUSTIC than many American's are comfortable with so you might consider taking a taxi both ways. It was a great experience, people couldn't have been nicer and the food was memorable.

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Victoria, Canada
“Excellent Food & Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

We had a wonderful evening at Titi's during a recent stay in Nuevo. The Margaritas were excellent. We all had Shrimp and they were some of the best I've ever had. Large portion and perfectly cooked. We loved the Jukebox. I would highly recommend Titi's!!!

• Visited October 2012
“Great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

We are staying at the Mayan and overheard some people talk about what a great dinner they had lastnight at Titis restaurant so we asked a Taxi to take us there he knew exactly where it was! At first sight its not all great but they have people who will great you as you get off the car as we walked inside we heard the Mariachis Playing, we were accomodated in a table for 6 we where 5 we ordered coronas and margaritas!! We ordered camarones ala cucaracha, breaded and meriquetengue shrimp tostadas and ceviche we also had the mariachi play for us right infront of us service was awesome food was amazing and all for under $50 usd including the mariachi :D

Jarretaderas
“Always good seafood at low prices. Clean and friendly.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2012

We go to Titi's a lot and while the surroundings are a little challenging to many tourists, this a real Mexican town with real working folk. The food here is mariscos/seafood based but you can ask for other meals and they will happily accommodate you. The thing is, Titi's is a family restaurant, they are lovely to kids, the place is always full of happy people enjoying their meals and workers popping in for a quick bite. The tosatadas and ceviche are generous sizes and the tacos made on freshly cooked tortillas (as are all the eateries in Jarretaderas). The town has recently embraced a new environmental spirit, there is civic pride and a desire to show tourists how a real community lives (surrounded by resorts but not a part of it). My recommendation is that if you are staying at the Mayan, Titi's is a terrific lunch spot with enormous value for money. You also can rest assured that the owners are health conscious and very clean and you won't get Montezuma's curse here! It could be prettier (it is like eating in someone's backyard) but perhaps one day it will be. There is a children's playground (the owners') and kids are welcome to use it. Oh, they have oysters and while these are local and nowhere near Sydney Rock or Tassie ones, they are clean and flavoursome.

• Visited April 2012