“Great time” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Grand Bliss

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Nuevo Vallarta
The Grand Bliss
You added The Grand Bliss to your Saves list
Av Pasedo de las Moras, Nuevo Vallarta, Mexico   |
Ranked #11 of 27 Hotels in Nuevo Vallarta
Quesnel
“Great time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

Our first time traveling to Mexico,mwe went for my 50th Birthday.
The Grand Bilss is exactly that "GRAND" The staff was excellent, I give high praise to the Grand Bliss swim up bar servers, not a day went by in our seven days that they did not give excellent service. All the people that work in the Grand Bliss pool area made our stay enjoyable and memorable. Bruno a server at another pool area also gave us excellent service when we were there.

The resort it's self is clean and all other staff were accomadating and service was excellent. Our only complaint is there was a musty smell in our room.

We would stay at this resort again regardless to the smell.

Room Tip: Even # rooms no Ocean view
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Socialmediamanager1, Manager at The Grand Bliss, responded to this review, February 12, 2014
Dear Bev M :

Thank you for providing your comments about your vacation at The Grand Bliss. We are pleased to learn our staff’s service was efficient. They work tirelessly - day and night, to make our guests’ visits the most enjoyable experience ever. We are also happy that you consider our resort to be beautiful and you selected it to celebrate such a special occasion, happy belated birthday!
Moreover, rest assured that your feedback will be taken into consideration as it helps us improve our facilities and services. We are certain all the staff mentioned will gladly receive your positive feedback as they always look to meet our guests’ expectations to the fullest.

It will be our privilege to welcome you back.

Warmest regards,

The Grand Bliss NuevoVallarta Management.

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Nuevo Vallarta, Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

This was my first time to the Nuevo Vallarta property. Our past trips have been to Playa del Carmen. All in all it has been a wonderful trip. A recent reviewer commented on an odor but I was never aware of any kind of a pesticide smell. The staff was attentive. For the most part the restaurants were great. We had one rough meal at Havanna Moon but I think that our waiter was just having a really off day. Not to sound snooty but having a separate Grand Bliss pool was really nice. It was never over crowded and the pool food/drink service was fast and, again, attentive. Loved talking with Edgar Guacamole Loco, Marco Polo and Karina (forgive me if that isn't her name) who were running activities there at the pool. They always asked if you wanted to participate but didn't push if you declined. There are also many more restaurants to pick from here than at Playa which is nice.

I think my only real negative from the whole trip is the transportation (the golf carts). In Playa del Carmen there seem to be more drivers and they are hotel specific so you barely ever had to wait for a ride. You walked out of the lobby and there was almost always a cart waiting. I could be wrong but the Nuevo facility feels much larger and you frequently have to wait quite a bit for a shuttle to take you to some of the more remote places. We were a party of 6 with an older person who wasn't able to do lots of walking and we wanted to travel together so that might have been the issue but they just didn't seem quite as eager to get you to your destination. I have to say though, if that's the only negative then there really isn't anything to complain about. We had a lovely time.

Room Tip: The ocean side rooms have view of the water but there is construction on the lagoon on that side of...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Caiif. Bay Area
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

I'm an owner of Grand Bliss and love it there (please read other reviews, it is a wonderful place). That said, when we arrived on a Friday we could smell pesticides very, very strong in lobby. We complained but was told is is how PV smells (BS!). When we got to our room, same smell (it was in the HVAC system). Our quests room was the worse. They sprayed a scent to cover it up, but it was still there. That night our friend had a breathing (asthma like) attack and had to go to hospital. $$$ Hotel staff, and assist. manager where rude, uncooperative, and hateful for our complaining. Manager promised a couple freebee's but didn't come through and was never available when we tried to contact him. The manager should be ashamed!!!

Room Tip: High, ocean view.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear pfergy :
Thank you very much for submitting your review of The Grand Bliss.We are glad to learn you like our resort.

However, we are shocked to learn about the inconvenience experienced during your visit, since we are always looking to surpass our clients’ expectations of genuine hospitality by providing outstanding facilities and service excellence. This highly exceptional occurrence will be thoroughly investigated, since we aim to ensure our facilities are in the best condition possible for our guests to enjoy.

Your feedback is always welcomed.

With all good wishes,

Los Angeles, California, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

I've been to most of the Mayan properties in Nuevo Vallarta - used to think that the Grand Mayan was the best (rooms great and closest to waterpark) - but I'd go with the newer Grand Bliss - the rooms a bit bigger/better (if you can imagine that) - and the Bliss is most centrally located between water park and theme-oriented buffet restaurant - a little quieter than the Grand Mayan - and (I think) more friendly service than the larger Grand Mayan. The Grand Luxe is the newest addition to the Mayan property - with the biggest/best rooms/service - but the newly built Luxe is at the far end of the property - a bit of a walk to the water-park - the Luxe does have a nice (inifinity) pool (but that's about it) - the Luxe pool area is so hot because the palms/vegetation are still young and not grown in yet. So pick the Grand Bliss as your #1 choice on the Mayan properties - or then Grand Mayan (a close #2) - you will NOT be disappointed!

Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Tim B :

Thank you so much for commenting about your stay at The Grand Bliss. We really thank you for your kind comment about the staff and the service they provide.
Your comments are always welcomed. Our primary goal is to ensure you are able to relax during your much deserved vacation.

We trulyappreciate your preference and look forward to serving you again in the near future.

Happily,
The Grand Bliss Nuevo Vallarta Management
Cardston, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013 via mobile

Beautiful resort. There was construction going on, but it didn't affect our vacation. Our unit was spacious and clean. We found the staff helpful. Being off season, not all resort restaurants and pool areas were open but that was also fine. There were still many pools and restaurants available to use. The restaurants on the resort are expensive, especially for what you get for the price. We really enjoyed the Epazote Mexican restaurant.

• Stayed September 2013
Socialmediamanager1, Manager at The Grand Bliss, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Dear Jay H :

Thank you very much for submitting your review ofyour stay atThe Grand Bliss. We are delighted to find out that all our staff was helpful, as this is what we strive for every day.

We are also happy to learn that your meals were enjoyable at our Epazote Restaurant. We are certain our culinary experts will gladly receive your feedback as they always look to please our guests with their creations.

Your comments are always welcomed.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

San Clemente, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

Just came back from a 2 week vacation in Nuevo Vallarta with my husband and 3 kids. 1st week was spent at Marival Residences & Spa, and the 2nd week was spent at The Grand Bliss. 2 completely different type of resorts, but both were wonderful (for different reasons). We actually booked The Grand Mayan (sister resort to The Grand Bliss) through RCI, but upon checking into the Grand Mayan they immediately sent us straight over to the timeshare people to discuss going to their timeshare presentation. They gave us a free upgrade to The Grand Bliss for agreeing to go to the presentation. BTW, the 90 min timeshare presentation turned into 9 hours for us. This timeframe included the breakfast and the 5 different sales people that we spoke to during the presentation. This was our own fault because we were interested in possibly trading in the timeshare we own for what they were offering, so we had a lot of questions and interest. And honestly, I give props to Christine and Ricky for their fantastic sales ability. For timeshare sales people, they NEVER made us feel pressured, they didn’t show any annoyance or irritation, they didn’t try to “hard sell” us, and they treated us with complete respect the ENTIRE 9 hours even though we ended up not buying! I’ve seen the previous negative posts about the timeshare people and I feel bad that they encountered rude sales people.

Regarding the hotel - the huge lobby, the room (we had a 2 bedroom Master Suite on the 8th floor), the pools, and the grounds were AMAZING! The rooms are modern and very spacious, each balcony has its own private wading pool (we didn’t have ocean view, but if you can, make sure to get ocean view – SO BEAUTIFUL!) Even though we were staying at The Grand Bliss we were still able to access all of The Grand Mayan’s amenities (pools, Kids's club, spa), which of course was the main reason we booked The Grand Mayan w/ RCI in the first place. The pools were SO MUCH FUN for our 3 kids. So many different pool areas to choose from – kid’s water park, wave pool, lazy river, and a ton of regular other pools. We used the Kids Club for 1 day, and our kids were the only kids in it, but still had a good time. (it’s like a private babysitter)

We ate at several different restaurants and the 2 that were the BEST, were Café de Lago (breakfast/brunch buffet), and the Mexican restaurant that are both located at The Grand Luxxe. Try those, they were both great!

We went to the Brio Spa at The Grand Mayan 3x. DORA is fantastic, if you get a massage, book it w/ Dora – she has fantastic flow and pressure.

Some negatives:
HOUSEKEEPING!!! The daily housekeeping was so hit or miss. This is the only reason why I didn’t give this resort a 5 star rating. If the resort could tighten up the standards of the housekeeping I would give this resort a 5 star. Upon arrival to the room the body lotion in the bathroom was already used, and a face towel was wet! The next day my box of Kleenex ran out and they didn’t replace it. Also, my daughter was sleeping on the pull out couch in the 2nd room and EVERYDAY they undid the bedding, folded it all up and put the couch back to a couch. I told them on 2 separate occasions to leave the pull out as a bed since every night my daughter was still going to sleep there and I didn’t want to have to make the bed every night! Communication must have been an issue because they didn’t do as I asked, and the linens never got changed for the pull out since they always just folded up the used linens! They should have at least given us fresh linens for the pull out each day. Also, the blankets and sheets had random yellowish/brownish stains on them on all of the beds (this makes it feel unfresh even though they were “clean”) Housekeeping does not wash the dirty dishes in the kitchen sink, and they only offer “turn down” service if you specifically request it. Most of these issues I’ve listed above are all pretty minor, but I’m just giving suggestions on how they can go from a 4 star to a 5 star resort.

Pillows were stinky (wet towel smell) and the AC didn't maintain a steady temperature (kept going too cold, then too hot even when we were not adjusting the temp and the thermostat still read the same degree)

The wakeup call was another issue. On one of the days the hotel operator called me at 7:10am to see if I had received my 7am wake up call. I told her that I had not ASKED for a wakeup call! So then she said, “Ok, the weather today is going to be…” I hung up at that point since I was still half asleep! At 9am I received another phone call from the hotel operator asking me if I’d received my wakeup call! I explained again that I had NOT ASKED for a wakeup call! Seriously? I was just trying to get some sleep! Not sure where the hiccup was in their wakeup call service, but being woken up 2x was frustrating. They need to fix that issue!

MOSQUITOES. Not the resorts fault, but this was a major negative about the vacation. We went through 3 bottles of bug spray and still got eaten alive out there! Those mosquitoes don’t mess around, they will get you (even in the daytime), so watch out!

The grounds are MASSIVE, so getting around is not fast or easy. The pathways can also feel sort of like a maze, so if you don’t know where you are going, it’s easy to get lost or turned around. We walked some of the time (sometimes it was faster to walk than to wait for a shuttle to come), and the other part of the time we used the shuttle service that they offer (which was super fun for the kids, my 4 year old son especially loved these carts) But again, because the grounds are so big, if you forgot something in the room, it was a pain to go back and get it!

All in all it was a fun trip. If you plan on using The Grand Mayan amenities often, I’d suggest staying there over The Grand Bliss, since getting around can be a hassle. If you don’t care too much for the huge pools and kids activities, and you like calmer/relaxing atmospheres without the hustle and bustle, then The Grand Bliss is great!

Room Tip: If your room faces the golf course view, you will hear music from the nightly shows at the Sanctuary...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear Tracy L :

We really appreciate the time you have taken to share with us your detailed impression about your stay at The Grand Bliss and we are delighted to learn you enjoyed ourfood options, our facilities, the accommodations, the spa’s service; and that your trip was fun.

Rest assured that your feedback will be taken into consideration as it helps us improve our facilities and services.All your feedback will be shared with the appropriate areas, since all our staff has a strict regimen of training and supervision in order to provide the highest level of service.We are constantly striving to achieve the highest level of guest satisfaction and this is very useful to us.

We hope to have an opportunity to welcome you back in the future to truly impress you with what we have to offer.

With all good wishes,
The Grand Bliss Nuevo VallartaManagement.
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

I was there last year and had a great time. The service was very efficient. The hotel was quiet since it did not have a restaurant. If you are looking for a quiet getaway. this is the place The only complaint I had at that time,that it did not have its own pool. I have heard that a pool was built and an entertainment complex was built near the hotel. I will be there in 10 days and looking forward to a great time.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dear Elisnv :

Thank you for taking the time to provide us your feedback about your past stay with us at The Grand Bliss. We really thank you for your kind comment about our staff, as we consider them one of our biggest assets.

We are pleased to inform you that the pool area is now available for our guests to enjoy, as well as an on-site restaurant called “Chinguirito” (Spanish cuisine). Creating ideal vacation experiences is our main goal.

We hope you had an enjoyable vacation this time around.

Warmest regards,
The Grand Bliss Nuevo Vallarta Management.

Been to The Grand Bliss? Share your experiences!