“Beautiful unfinished hotel property” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Grand Bliss

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Nuevo Vallarta
The Grand Bliss
You added The Grand Bliss to your Saves list
Av Pasedo de las Moras, Nuevo Vallarta, Mexico   |
Ranked #9 of 25 Hotels in Nuevo Vallarta
Mountain View, California
“Beautiful unfinished hotel property”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

I came here as a guest of an owner so I can't speak to the sales pitch but can offer my perspective as a first time guest at the Mayan Group.

Check in was a breeze. Welcome drink offered. Sometimes there is even a woman who will give you a hand massage as you wait. Lobby is gorgeous and well kept.

The room was beautiful. Master suite with fabulous shower and separate giant hot tub. Comfy bed. Lots of bath amenities. Full kitchen that had everything we needed to make breakfast and some lunches. Soap and sponge too! Everything was great... except for when you stepped out on the balcony. To the left and right... very loud construction. Impossible to enjoy the sunbed or the dunk pool. With the doors closed you can still sort of here it but it was tolerable.

Pool area fantastic. Lazy river. Two wave pools. 2 pool bars. Lots of pools everywhere.
Beach was eh.. but thats Pacific Ocean Mexico beaches. Lots of sunbeds. It was low season and so there were plenty all around.

Had chance to visit the Grand Luxxe which has more of a contemporary modern Vegas style resort. Had a chance to use the gym there which was fantastic! Huge gym. Offers yoga, pilates, and stretch/massage sessions on weekday mornings.

Brio spa was also phenomenal. Beautiful relaxation jacuzzi area as well. Try to negotiate a discount on your spa treatments. We were able to talk them into doing an 80 min for a 50min price.

Sounds like this place is going to be fantastic in 2-3 years when they finish up all the construction. They said they have another 24 months of building. I'm sure its going to be awesome then. For now, there's still ALOT of construction. I was okay with it.

Overall great experience, just know there will be alot of construction going on.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Mine Hill, New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

I am here at the Grand Bliss right now. I have been a Mayan Group owner for three years now. My last upgrade was to a Grand Bliss unit, for significant additional cash over what I had at Mayan Palace. I was sold a "Grand Luxx" product, however, I did not get that. To my dismay when I arrived, my beautiful 2 bedroom unit was surrounded by construction, to the right and to the left of the building. Right across you see the ocean and a pool under construction, I was told that would be designated to the Grand Bliss owners. At this time the 2 open pools are Grand Mayan and Grand Luxx. We were told we could only use the Grand Mayan pool which was crowded by Mayan Palace, Grand Mayan and Grand Bliss owners. The Mayan Palace buildings are all closed since they are....guess.....under construction, you guessed right. I attended the sales presentation which is called an "owners update". All they pushed is ownership at Grand Luxx, a great fantastic look to the "future" of Mayan Paradise, yet to be delivered with no firm completion date in sight.

My unit has a broken hot tub, a broken microwave, today the TV went out, and all and all, nobody seems willing to help. The sales staff and program managers are abrasive at best. There is nothing for teenagers to do after 9:00 PM once they hit 13 they cannot participate in the "kid's club" and they cannot drive somewhere fun outside of the Mayan compound, all pools and activities are done by 9 PM. OH! allow me to mention the golf course is also under construction and the promotions such "follow the happy hour trail" are all misleading and could not get any of the three concierges to explain alternatives. All and all, I am extremely disappointed and embarrassed that I dragged two other adults along for this vacation which I was really looking forward to, based on promises made last year at the sales presentation.

Mayan group DOES NOT CARE about current owners and enhancing their experience, they only care about potential sales that benefit THEM not YOU the owner, they got their cash and you are stuck. This year Grand Luxx is the product of choice, last year was the Grand Bliss. Do not be fooled, next year, probably a Diamond Luxx of sorts membership offer would be developed and minimize your existing investment whichever may be.

I do not recommend this resort unless you have a fetish for watching Mexican construction worker's butts. THUMBS DOWN MAYAN GROUP!!!!!

When I brought all of these concerns to the attention of Vida Vacations, during my status update meeting, assuming that they might do something for us as a way of making it better, what do you think they did? they offered me to purchase Grand Luxx at 2011 pre-construction pricing, only $24K additional dollars instead of an additional $57K. I would gladly have accepted a simple apology and some comps, instead. They pointed out that I had purchased a "Pre-Construction" contract at Grand Bliss, never mind that I was told "Grand Bliss In Nuevo Vallarta is Open". A building with no pool, no amenities and a great deal of non Grand Bliss construction going on all around the "only" existing Grand Bliss building can hardly be called open.

Room Tip: Choose a different resort location if you are bound to use any of the Vida Vacations or Mayan Group...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Socialmediamanager1, Gerente at The Grand Bliss, responded to this review, August 9, 2013
Dear Ana M:

We truly appreciate the time you have taken to share with us your impression about your stay at The Grand Bliss.

Rest assured that your feedback will be taken into consideration as it helps us improve our facilities and services. Our resorts are constantly being refurbished to achieve the highest level of guest satisfaction. We are also pleased to inform you that the pool area is now available for our guests to enjoy.

We hope to have an opportunity to welcome you back in the future to truly impress you with what we have to offer.

With all good wishes,
The Grand Bliss Management.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012 via mobile

Just returned from a... nice... vacation at the Grand Bliss. Let's start from the beginning, shall we? We checked in, went through the often talked about timeshare talk that we escaped as quickly as possible. Once up to the room, we discovered that although they told us it was a two bedroom with an ocean view, they had given us a construction view studio. There were 7 of us We went down and complained and they told us that since we had already entered the room, that there was nothing we could do. We tried to get upgraded to two one bedroom units, which the man at the desk tried to sell us for $250 extra per night, per room, on top of what we had already paid. When we declined, he was very nasty saying that people who can afford a vacation such as this should not be complaining about $3000 to get what we want, and they won't do it otherwise because he knows that we obviously have the means to pay. After going to another person and agreeing to the timeshare presentation, we were moved to an ocean view two bedroom.
This was the major problem of our stay, although constant major construction noise, very uncomfortable beds, bugs beyond belief, and broken jacuzzi tubs did not make the vacation fun either.
Overall, although it was a mildly successful vacation, there is no way that I'm coming back to this resort any time soon.

• Stayed August 2012
Socialmediamanager1, Manager at The Grand Bliss, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Dear klmarie :

Thank you for providing your comments about your vacation at The Grand Bliss.

We are shocked to learn about the inconveniences experienced during your visit since we are always looking to surpass our clients’ expectations of genuine hospitality by providing outstanding facilities and service excellence. We will gladly follow-up with the appropriate areas as creating ideal vacation experiences is our main goal.

Your feedback is always welcomed.

With all good wishes,
The Grand Bliss Nuevo Vallarta Management.
San Francisco
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012 via mobile

Grand Bliss only has 84 two bedroom suites so there is a lot of space for a few guests. Very private and exclusive. Complete opposite to the Grand Mayan next door which feels like Vegas. Skip the timeshare presentation unless you want the discounts on tours. They say 90 minutes but more like 3 hours. No pool here but you can use Grand Mayan's. Pool here should be done next month. You can also use the pool of the Mayan Palace; much quiter the Grand Mayan's.

• Stayed August 2012
Sartaoga Springs, Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

I just spent a week at he Bliss with a teenage niece and nephew. We were in a 2 bedroom suite. The room and grounds were beautiful. The staff was great and very helpful. I got talked into a "time share" presentation so we could move our room to the ocean side of the resort. (i already own 2 other timeshares) I was told it would only take 90 minutes. 2 1/2 hours later I finally had to get really stern with the second person that came and tried going over the same things the first person did and told her I was finished. She got testy and told me I hadn't held up my end of the bargain. It wasn't me going back on my commitment, it was the company breaking their word of 90 minutes.
There wasn't a lot for kids to do unless they wanted to swim or be at the beach the majority of the time. The beach was a 10 minute walk from the resort.
There is a lot of construction going on. They are adding more towers and various other things to the resort.
The best part of the resort were the staff and the the room was beautiful and extremely comfortable.
Overall we had a nice time.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Munster, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012

I just spent a week in this hotel with my wife and 3 teen aged kids. I was truly impressed by the staff's service. They exceeded my expectations on multiple levels- from the quality of the accomodations, quality of service and over all ambience. The staff culture is such that everybody makes it his or her business to ensure that you have a wonderful vacation experience. I would definitely go back to this hotel.

Room Tip: the food in the restaurants is very good,gourmet quality , a little pricey but they have a grocery s...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Fond du Lac, WI
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

The entire week at the Grand Bliss I felt that getting anywhere on the property was like walking through a confusing maze -- whether going to the beach, a pool or a restaurant. The pool for the Grand Bliss hadn't been built so we had to go over to the Grand Mayan Pool. There was a heavy scent (like overdone air freshner) in the lobby of the hotel. All in our party found it offensive and one or our guests was senstive to it, always feeling it was about to trigger a migraine. (Fortunately that didn't happen.)
The time share pitch here is very aggressive. We were quite assertive and walked out after the 90 minutes we had agreed to.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Dear madbow :

Rest assured that your feedback will be taken into consideration as it helps us improve our facilities and services. We are constantly striving to achieve the highest level of guest satisfaction and this is very useful to us.Moreover, we are pleased to inform you that the pool area is now available for our guests to enjoy.

We look forward to welcoming you back and make your next stay memorable.

Best Regards,
The Grand Bliss Nuevo Vallarta Management.

Been to The Grand Bliss? Share your experiences!