“Disappointed” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Ocean Breeze Nuevo Vallarta

Save Saved
You added Ocean Breeze Nuevo Vallarta to your Saves list
Ocean Breeze Nuevo Vallarta
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   Ave. Paseo de las Moras s/n | Fracc Náutico Turistico, Nuevo Vallarta 63735, Mexico   |
Ranked #18 of 24 Hotels in Nuevo Vallarta
Kelowna, Canada
“Disappointed”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014 via mobile

I love Sea Garden/Ocean Breeze I was there 2012 2013 and last week. I was surprised it was not doing all inclusive, I went with my grandson all food very expensive as well as drinks, any family could not go unless they won the lottery, then of course it would not be Ocean Breeze. They are all wonderful it is a lovely quiet resort but the fact they have stopped all inclusive puts it out of my reach.
I also must say I booked through Expedia.ca when I got there Ocean Breeze had no reservation for me.
I will not be booking through them again. By the way when you call Expedia you are talking to someone in Egypt!!

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014 via mobile

The beach was gorgeous and the pool was great too. The employees were all amazing. We felt so welcomed and loved. Antonio and Pablo were always getting us new drinks and anything we needed from the kitchen or bar. The activities staff was so fun to be around also! Karla, Nacho and josé always had new games to play and things to talk about. We all became like friends and I want to go back soon!!

• Stayed March 2014
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

The Ocean Breeze is located, on the Beach, in a quite part of Nuevo Vallarta. There are five good resturants within a short walk and others located in the Ocean Breeze and other Resorts. There is convient bus and taxi service.
The only negative is the check in Staff. They may start your vacation on a bad note. Upper Management doesn't seem to care.
I would have given a five star if not for the check in Staff being so rude.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Stettler
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

The hotel itself has a beautiful lobby. The pick up service from the airport was great too. The pool was wonderfully warm.

Before being given the key to our room, we had to listen to a lady do a condo sales pitch for about 15 minutes. She also said if we didn't like our room, we would upgraded to a better one (after going to the full hour sales pitch).

We were placed in a fine enough room with a parking lot view and the sound of traffic. If they had better ones available, they should have upgraded us to the ocean view in the first place.

They had no roll away cots available, although when we checked in, they said they would send one right up.

There was a problem with processing our Visa card at dinner, but rather than wait until morning to fix it, at 11:00 pm the restaurant manager bangs on our door 4 times waking us all up to work it out. I said I would be happy to come down in the morning, but he insisted I come down to the front desk to work it out then.

Upon check out, there was about a 60 minute wait to check out. Ridiculous!

I have never had such bad service. They have an online survey that they gave most guests to fill out at check out. They didn't give me one. Guess they didn't want their bosses to hear about the terrible experiences I had there.

Looks like it should be a quality high service hotel....but it sure wasn't.

Long Beach, California, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

On our way back from Sayulita, we spontaneously decided to stay in Nuevo Vallarta rather than catch our long bus ride to Guanajuato. We checked Hotwire and wound up with Ocean Breeze. The hotel is clean and upscale with very nice grounds, lobby, and pool area. We arrived around 2:00 p.m. (about an hour after making our reservation on Hotwire) and reception told us they could not yet access our reservation but that we were free to use the facilities in the meantime. No problem. We hit the pool, ordered drinks, and relaxed while waiting. At 5:00, we were ready for our room and went back to reception to try again. A woman named Lluvia attended us and she again told us that our reservation could not be accessed. We had the confirmation number written down but she said she could not find a reservation under that number and that we needed a printed out copy of our receipt from Hotwire. We asked her if an electronic version she could check from our phone would suffice and she said yes. Well, we could not access anything from our phones because she refused to give us any kind of internet password until we were checked into our room. We had to get out of line at reception and go outside to where we could access an open wireless network. We did this, opened the account, and went back to reception where we were made to wait in line AGAIN. At this point, it's already about 5:30. While waiting, the battery to the phone dies. We have to charge phone, go outside, find open network, and start all over again. We finally make our way back up to Lluvia and show her our confirmation from Hotwire. She stared at it blankly as though she had never seen a Hotwire reservation before. She types some info into her computer and shakes her head, offering NO explanation, NO apology, and NO solution for us. At this point, I began to lose my patience. We were traveling with two small children and everyone was tired and antsy to get into the room. Lluvia demonstrated absolutely no sense of urgency in helping us to resolve this issue of our inaccessible reservation and could not even explain to us what the problem was. After expressing my unhappiness with her lack of service, she handed us over to her coworker (thank GOD), who got us into a room right away--a very nice room with an ocean view (albeit, after 6:00 p.m. at this point). Guests who had been in line before us also seemed to have problems at reception, as did guest following us. We heard nothing but complaints the entire time we were in the reception area. Not sure what was going on.

We relaxed in our room for awhile and later decided to try the Rummba Cafe at the hotel for dinner. Service was fine, food seemed OK, but we all woke up in the middle of the night violently ill from what we had eaten. Mind you. three out of four of us live in Mexico and are not delicate American tourists or anything like that. I will spare you the details of our middle of the night reactions to Rummba Cafe.

On account of being up for hours with food illness with a vengeance, we were not ready for a 10:00 a.m. checkout (who on Earth has a 10:00 checkout?!?!?). We called down to reception and explained our situation. Cristina attended to us and said we could stay until 11:00. I told my fiance to call her back and say that would not nearly compensate us for our check-in troubles and food drama and wanted him to ask for 12:30. We got it. Along with a 25% refund off our dinner bill for the troubles.

We're not resort type of people to begin with, nor would we have found ourselves in Nuevo Vallarta had it not been for other activities we had in the area with friends who live nearby. However, for $65 for a double ocean view room for two adults and two kids, I guess I can't complain TOO much.

Windsor
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

This is a newer hotel, clean and well maintained. If you need to be at a posh 5 star, not the hotel for you. But if your goal is to enjoy hot weather, good food and a few drinks, clean facilities and a relaxed poolside, you can do a lot worse than this hotel. We have stayed here 2 years in a row and will probably return in 2014. My only negatives in two stays would be the light water pressure in the shower(although it is a spacious marble bathroom) and the fact they consider Hornitos to be a premium tequila and will charge above the all-inclusive price. I think if you are going to vacation in the tequila heartland, they should be more liberal with it.

Room Tip: There are two towers, only one faces the ocean.
Mexico City, Distrito Federal, Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013 via mobile

The place is great, the service could not be better! I really enjoyed my stay, except for the really loud music they have by the pool. Most of the people just wanted to rest or read quietly. Also, check-out is at 10 am! I really, really don't agree with that policy.
It's a good place to go with your whole family.

• Stayed March 2013

Been to Ocean Breeze Nuevo Vallarta? Share your experiences!