“Best Ribs and Tortilla Soup Anywhere” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Oakland, California
“Best Ribs and Tortilla Soup Anywhere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

This is fabulous restaurant for singles to families. They are known for there wonderful Ribs and Tortilla Soup. The best anywhere, not just Vallarta. Not a fancy setting, family style with tablecloths, tv, lots of plants all around on the patio. Outside sitting with fans and a over open over hang.
All the food on the menu is good.
They are open for breakfast-dinner, same menu all day.
Enjoy!

Visited November 2012

Hamilton, Canada
“Dine refined”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Ernestos is tops in our fave places to enjoy a great meal. Marnie and I, Frank from Ontario love this place. We have brought many friends here to dine with us and they all raved about the wonderful service and the homemade food. Awesome! There is no better chicken totilla soup anywhere on the west coast of Mexico. This is a must dine location. Bring your friends and be prepared to be sated. We'll be there in January and February 2013. Can't wait!

• Visited February 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Minnesota
“Great Ribs”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2012

The ribs are great for the Saturday all you can eat, but it gets very crowded. We had a long wait the the service could have been better. You do need a reservaiton.

Visited February 2012
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Disappointed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2012

I was in search of the best chicken tortilla soup in PV and all of the reviews said this was the spot. My own personal recipe and the chicken tortilla soup at a Mexican restaurant where I live in Minneapolis (MASA) blow Ernesto's away. I should have known when the cab driver tried to take us somewhere else and there wasn't a single local in the restaurant when we arrived. (It was busy, but with all older Americans or Canadians.) Considering how hard this was to get to and how much it cost ($45 for a medium bowl of soup, a chicken entree, a beer and a margarita), I wish I would have tried the place the cab driver recommended.

Visited February 2012
Bucerias, Mexico
“Friendly service; great food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2012

I'm talking about Ernesto's Good Grub in Jarretaderas, just south of Nuevo Vallarta, and just off the highway to Puerto Vallarta. This little restaurant, built on the enlarged patio of the family's home on the edge of the little town of Jerretaderas, has always made me feel welcome. I should have reviewed it before now, since it's always in contention when friends yell "Where d'ya wanna go for dinner tonight?"

Most of my friends choose the "all you can eat" ribs which are slowly cooked for hours in a succulent BBQ sauce. I have eaten their burgers and their chicken dishes, as well as fish plates, and I have never been disappointed. I'm not a tortilla soup lover, but friends say it's the best in the bay.

Service over the years has become a little slower as they've become busier and busier, but no less eager to please. They treat you like family, and yet also like a treasured guest, so if you need anything, just holler or go to the kitchen and ask for it. The kitchen is wide open so you can see all the cooking going on!

Ernesto's Good Grub in Jarretaderas, without a fancy view, is the best place to receive true, warm, Mexican hospitality and down-home good food. The combination is magical!

Visited January 2012