“Great Ribs” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Minnesota
“Great Ribs”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2012

The ribs are great for the Saturday all you can eat, but it gets very crowded. We had a long wait the the service could have been better. You do need a reservaiton.

Visited February 2012

Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Disappointed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2012

I was in search of the best chicken tortilla soup in PV and all of the reviews said this was the spot. My own personal recipe and the chicken tortilla soup at a Mexican restaurant where I live in Minneapolis (MASA) blow Ernesto's away. I should have known when the cab driver tried to take us somewhere else and there wasn't a single local in the restaurant when we arrived. (It was busy, but with all older Americans or Canadians.) Considering how hard this was to get to and how much it cost ($45 for a medium bowl of soup, a chicken entree, a beer and a margarita), I wish I would have tried the place the cab driver recommended.

Visited February 2012
Bucerias, Mexico
“Friendly service; great food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2012

I'm talking about Ernesto's Good Grub in Jarretaderas, just south of Nuevo Vallarta, and just off the highway to Puerto Vallarta. This little restaurant, built on the enlarged patio of the family's home on the edge of the little town of Jerretaderas, has always made me feel welcome. I should have reviewed it before now, since it's always in contention when friends yell "Where d'ya wanna go for dinner tonight?"

Most of my friends choose the "all you can eat" ribs which are slowly cooked for hours in a succulent BBQ sauce. I have eaten their burgers and their chicken dishes, as well as fish plates, and I have never been disappointed. I'm not a tortilla soup lover, but friends say it's the best in the bay.

Service over the years has become a little slower as they've become busier and busier, but no less eager to please. They treat you like family, and yet also like a treasured guest, so if you need anything, just holler or go to the kitchen and ask for it. The kitchen is wide open so you can see all the cooking going on!

Ernesto's Good Grub in Jarretaderas, without a fancy view, is the best place to receive true, warm, Mexican hospitality and down-home good food. The combination is magical!

Visited January 2012
Okatie, South Carolina
“off the beaten track, and worth it!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2012

5 minutes off the hiway but you won't find it on your own===basically in their backyard around the pool---home cooking and known for their tortilla soup. will give you the recipebut you will not be able to buy such fresh inggredients.

• Visited February 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
British Columbia
“A Great Little Restaruant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2012

This little restaurant is kind of hard to find but well worth the effort in finding it! It is a family run business that provides excellent quality food, great service and a relaxing casual atmosphere. Their restaurant is located at the back of their home and the husband and wife are the cooks, waiters, bar tender, etc. The night we were there the owners' father was helping them out. He welcomed us, opened my taxi door, seated us at a table and tried to take our order. Unfortunately, we do not speak enough spanish to understand him so the owner came over and took over. I had the BEST tortilla soup I have ever had that night! My husband had the fajitas and my father in law had the shrimp. Both meals were excellent. The shrimp were the largest I have seen in a long time! We will definately be returning again and want to try their ribs. We would recommend this restaurant without hesitation. If you are looking for a formal dining restaraunt this is not it, but if you are looking for a great meal and evening then you will be not disappointed.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere