Me and 6 of my friends just got back from Villa Varadero from a weeklong trip. Not that it's a bad thing, but we were pretty much the only english speaking tourists at the resort, so it felt a little exclusive. Definitely have a lot of locals eating and staying at the hotel. We were pretty disappointed about how far away it is from downtown Puerta Vallarta where all the fun bars and shops/markets are. The website says it is just a 20 minute drive, but keep in mind that that's if you take a taxi (around $380 pesos each way). We took the city bus one day (around $16 pesos each way) and it took about an hour to get into town, so then we ended up spending a ton of money on taxis, since there aren't really any restuarants around the hotel. We had the all-inclusive deal which I would say is below-par for food quality. The breakfast was the best meal of the day, so eat up lol...
On the plus side - the hotel staff is excellent! They are all extremely helpful and willing to make your stay great. Me and my friends are drinkers and made good friends with JP at the pool bar, who makes the drinks strong and has good conversation.
If you are looking for a getaway from the busy city then I would recommend staying here. If you are wanting to party and be near what's happening in Puerta Vallarta, pay more and stay closer to the city!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Is an all-inclusive hotel at one of the best beaches in Nuevo Vallarta. It is the ideal hotel for a family vacation. Hotel Villa Varadero is located in beautifully serene Nuevo Vallarta on Mexico's west coast known as the Riviera Nayarit. Nuevo Vallarta is only 25 minutes from the nightlife, cultural spots, and shopping of Puerto Vallarta. It is an ideal destination for a vacation where you and your family can enjoy the beach, nature, and many other activities, such as swimming with dolphins, canopy tours, toboggan water parks, slides, sightseeing tours, and more. When booking at Hotel Villa Varadero you can choose from three types of rooms. Most have beautiful ocean views of the gorgeous sunsets over the Bay of Banderas. At Hotel Villa Varadero you'll enjoy our beautiful view of the Nuevo Vallarta beach. You will be attended to by our friendly staff and great service aimed at making your stay a wonderful experience. We offer many activities for children, teens, and adults in our guided tours of Nuevo Vallarta. One is the "Family Walk", organized by our staff for guests who want to get to know the local Nuevo Vallarta area and the marina plus access to the wonderful world of Vallarta Adventures. Another option is our guided "Bike Ride Tour" that meanders through the streets of Nuevo Vallarta. Also, from our beach you can go kayaking, play volleyball or beach soccer - all enhancing your fun at the Villa Varadero beach. For those who prefer the shade, you can enjoy a good game of billiards with friends, or some fun board games in our game room. To relax, enjoy a sublime massage at the edge of the beach - the best way to start a holiday! During the day our restaurants offer a varied and tasty buffet style menu, and at night our specialty restaurant will delight you with its cuisine and ambiance. Explore Nuevo Vallarta and its surroundings. They are sure to make you fall in love with our beautiful destination! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Despegar.com, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA and Hotels.com so you can book your Villa Varadero Hotel & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Varadero Hotel Nuevo Vallarta
- Villa Varadero Hotel And Suites
- Hotel Varadero