“Awesome day!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: Dolphin Discovery Puerto Vallarta invites you to live the dream of swimming with dolphins in paradise! With a range of programs, we have family-friendly adventures for all ages that you will never forget. Located in Aquaventuras Park, you'll enjoy your dolphin experience and a day on the water slides, an adventure full of adrenaline and smiles!
Calgary
“Awesome day!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

My friend and her 80 year young father had a great experience in our interactive afternoon with the dolphins. The staff is great at educating about these beautiful animals, and was very patient with us all, and made sure we had two great swims - the belly ride, and boogie board push by two dolphins across the pool. Not to mention all the touching, and listening underwater to their communications. The waterslides were fun and the included lunch was very good. Pricey photos but well worth it to capture the memories of a lifetime.

Visited February 2013

San Francisco, California
6 attraction reviews
“Loads of Fun with Poseidon & Pepe!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

I purchased the Royal Dolphin Swim package through my concierge Fernando @ Casa Cupula. It seemed a little pricey @ 1810 pesos, but I was in PV to have a relaxing, fun-filled, adventurous vacation that was way overdue, so why not!

I was told the package included 30 Minutes in Water Dolphin Swim, Dolphin Kiss, Fin Handshake, Foot Push, Dorsal Swim. Also inlcuded with the price you will recieve either a Sealion Interation or a photo with the Sealion. Includes Lunch.

But, there was so much more included!

First, was a very energentic, enthusiastic, informative introduction to the Park follwed by an instructional course on dolphin anatomy, safety for all, how to's of hand signals, the do's and don'ts, and Q&A time.

Next, Dolphin interaction with Poseidon. Awesome!
There was only 1 other person (US) in my group which made it very relaxing, and personal. I did not know exactly what to expect with my 1st of several foot pushes and did a face plant!!! NICE!!
I wish the photographer would have caught that!!

Then, Sea Lion interaction with Pepe. Awesome!
I was the only person in this group and I felt a little nervous. (Pepe is HUGE!) I learned a lot ad had fun(even when he burped in my face shortly after having his fish treat!!)

Off to the showers and change.

Lunch.
You had a choice from a special menu.
I chose the Chicken Fajita, which was the best I have ever had!! Very TASTY!

Also included were showers and lockers, passes to all of the afternoon Dolphin & Sea Lion shows, full day use of Water Park (inner tube included) including slides and pools (lifeguards were everywhere you looked!), play area and more...!

Yes, the photo package is extra $ and a little pricey but well worth the cost to have bright, vivid images from a great day!!

The Park was very clean, well maintained and ALL slides and pools were open.

The Park staff were very friendly, helpful and abundant making the whole adventure worth every peso!!!

Visited January 2013
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
3 attraction reviews
“Best Dolphin Swim Ever!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

I went with some work friends to do an activity. We did the Royal Dolphin Swim which is considered the most complete package for the dolphin swims. The dolphins were great. We did the Foot Push, Hug, Kiss, Dorsal Tow. It was a marvelous memory and will be remembered for a lifetime. Would really recommend for people to visit the park and do a dolphin swim. Best Day of my Life!!

Visited January 2013
Richmond, Canada
“Great Dolphin Swim”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

I did the Royal Swim with the dolphins and it was the best experience I have ever had. The trainer taught us to do a bunch of tricks with the dolphins, but my favourite was the foot push. At the end we all got to do the foot push several times and it felt like I was flying in the air. We also got to do a few tricks with the Sea lion too. The only thing I did not like was how expensive the photos were. I tried to buy more photos online when I got home but the link did not work.

Visited October 2012
Shelton, Connecticut
14 attraction reviews
“Close Encounter”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

On a recent cruise on the Carnival Splendor I had the good fortune of swimming with the dolphins at this wonderful venue. The trainers were exceptional, and the dolphins were treated with respect and were in tremendous shape. It was one of the coolest things I have ever done. There are a number of different encounters available and I chose the royal which was the one that had the longest time in the water with them. All told we were in the pool for about an hour. During that time, we were fully interacting with them- riding with them, playing with them, relaying signals that affected different behaviors and really having a wonderful time. If you want to do something really memorable and a bucket list item-this is it!

Visited October 2012