We stayed at this resort from January the 6th to January the 13th. We had our 14 year old teenage son, 8 year old son and 6 year old daughter. They gave us room 148 in the older building. The room is a family suite. It has a separate bedroom, a living room with the pull out couch and we also got a cot. Overall the room was ok. My husband and I are use to 5 plus star resorts, but we did not want to have to make a big deal about it and change rooms because of the kids. The nice part about the room was that it was close to the pool and buffet. The maid was awesome and we always had fresh towels every day.
The food was ok at the one buffet they had. Not much selection. The Mediterranean and Italian restaurants were amazing!!!! The Mediterranean was our favorite, the food was amazing! The Mexican was ok and we did not get to try out the steakhouse. The snack bar with the stone ovens has amazing food!! It is better then the other snack bar by the kids pool, we found out. None of us got sick from the food!
They have an adult pool and the activity pool with the kids pool (that has water slides) beside it. The water is very warm in the pools. The activity pool is the place to be if you want alot of action!! Lots of fun activities with some fun pool staff :)
Ok so the kids club is from ages 4-12 and definitely a must if you have kids in this age group. They run from (9am-12:45pm) lunch break (2pm-5pm). It is free and my kids had a blast with the 2 girls there looking after the kids (Adriana, and Patricia)! What a amazing girls they are! My kids really liked them and were sad to say good bye on our last day :(
Our 14 year old was too shy to adventure out to the teens club so he stayed with us and did some boogie boarding which he enjoyed alot!
We did some sea-doing and the guy you have to see is the one on the left hand side when you come from the adult pool to the beach. He is the guy with the burgundy and white sea-doos. Nice guy and easy to deal with. My husband and 14 year old went out the one day and saw a whale and on the way back some dolphins came out to see them!!! The next day I went out but only saw the whale, still amazing to see!!!!!
We went on a zip-lining tour. My daughter who is 6 was able to go too, even a 4 year old was there and able to do it!! I'm terrified of heights and had a blast and would do it again! The guys that take you out there are amazingly funny and you will have the best time ever! The 2 things that sucks is you can't bring a camera along to take pics while you are zip-lining and the ride up there sucks...I don't want to discourage you but being in an open back truck with dust flying around on a rough road really turns you off but it is all worth it....trust me!!The guy to book the tour with is Pollo!! He is the man! He is around the beach area and pool walking around with a folder. You have to get Pollo thoe cause he will give you the best deal on any tour and you can trust him. He is a really nice guy!
The weather was 28 degrees during the day and chilly at night and in the morning so you better bring some sweaters. It was sunny every day when were there.
Overall the staff were amazing and very friendly!! The place is clean and safe enough to leave the kids to adventure out a little. We are definitely going back with the kids!! Hope this review was helpful :)
- Also Known As:
- Marival Hotel
- Marival Resort And Suites
- Marival Hotel Nuevo Vallarta
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Book Something Different and enjoy Something Better! Enjoy our beachfront Sun ‘n Fun Resort with nonstop activities and a wide range of dining choices- 6 restaurants, 4 specialty, 7 bars including 2 swim-ups & Martini bar. Book a Resort room, or even one to three bedroom Suites featuring living rooms and independent dining areas, balconies, terraces and oceanfront locations to spread out and enjoy a villa style vacation. Something for every taste, every age!Special Room Sizes and Locations Provide a Variety of AccommodationsDeluxe Resort Rooms. One Bedroom Suites, including Oceanfront up to 760 sq ft. Two and Three Bedroom Villa Suites, Oceanfront up to 1260 sq ft. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, BookIt.com, Tingo, Otel, Hotels.com, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Marival Resort & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.