My husband and I got back from staying at the Marival 4 days ago. Overall it was a good experience, but would say that the hotel needs to be renovated. I am an experienced traveller to all-inclusives and this hotel is one of the ones that stand out in my mind as needing a facelift.
We were upgraded to a suite with two bathrooms, so we were very happy. The daily maid service was awesome and we even had "turn-down night service" nightly.
We were very impressed with how quickly the staff at Marival dealt with requests. Only one phone call was required and a person was sent immediately, e.g. to fix something, replenish the pop in the fridge, etc.
Two things that I have never encountered at any other all-inclusive is that 1) You have to pay for the use of the safe and 2) you are told that the first coffee kit in the room is free, but you have to purchase any others! Luckily, we asked about the coffee on our first day there and was told that as long as you requested daily coffee for the coffee maker in the room, it would be provided free-of charge. Not so with the safe! I could not believe that we had to pay for something that is so basic to all all-inclusives. As I said, I have never had to pay for that before.
The food was good, though the buffet became rather tiresome and "same-old", after awhile. Thankfully the a la carte restaurants are available on an un-limited basis. We loved the Mexican one, though The Pergola (Mediterranean) started out as our favorite, until I found a hair in my food that was definitely not mine! I could not return to that restaurant after that.
The beach was good and the Marival is ideally located for beach walking.
Overall, we enjoyed our time there and would go back, if it was renovated. Oh, it can be noisy in the hallways outside the rooms and at the hotel at nights. I finally put ear plugs in at 12:20 a.m. one night, because of the noise level. The shows were in our estimation, terrible-we went the first night and did not go back.
Thanks to the varied staff-everybody was very friendly!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Book Something Different and enjoy Something Better! Enjoy our beachfront Sun ‘n Fun Resort with nonstop activities and a wide range of dining choices- 6 restaurants, 4 specialty, 7 bars including 2 swim-ups & Martini bar. Book a Resort room, or even one to three bedroom Suites featuring living rooms and independent dining areas, balconies, terraces and oceanfront locations to spread out and enjoy a villa style vacation. Something for every taste, every age!Special Room Sizes and Locations Provide a Variety of AccommodationsDeluxe Resort Rooms. One Bedroom Suites, including Oceanfront up to 760 sq ft. Two and Three Bedroom Villa Suites, Oceanfront up to 1260 sq ft. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Tingo, BookIt.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Agoda and Venere so you can book your Marival Resort & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marival Resort And Suites
- Marival Hotel Nuevo Vallarta