Lovely resort and well-taken care of. Our first time here, so we do not really know if quality has gone down. We always find staff and service anywhere top notch if they are treated with respect and appreciation and this was no exception. We did not travel with small children but could see this was an excellent place to bring them for all the daily activities that were available. We found the adult-only pool area, which saved us from the busyness of the family areas. When a family pretended they couldn't read the adult-only sign, they were asked to move to the other areas.
Our standard room was clean and comfortable, staying in the hotel-style block. The drawback to staying in these buildings is the open floor concept because when families allow their children to run, play and yell in the halls late at night (up to midnight!), sleep quality is very poor as the sound is horribly amplified and carries up through all floors.
We thought the food quality was more than adequate. We concur that the dessert selection in the Casa Bella buffet restaurant was very poor. This was surprising as you can see that they take quite a bit of care (as much as you can for buffet) in offering fresh and tasty selections in the other areas. Desserts were very fine in the a la carte restaurants! Carrying food away from the outdoor eating areas is not permitted by regulation with signs posted, but guests also pretended to not be able to read these and took food to eat outside the areas. Waiters are more or less vigilant in stopping this depending on the area. It was actually nice to be around the pools and beach area and not having to look at dirty plates and spilled food lying around.
We avoid time share presentations everywhere we go and this was no exception. Unfortunately they use these people to assist with check-in, so they are the ones putting on the arm bands and giving you room keys. They tended to continue trying to approach one the entire time you are there, but we just usually smiled and said no thanks, and they cheerfully desist.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Book Something Different and enjoy Something Better! Enjoy our beachfront Sun ‘n Fun Resort with nonstop activities and a wide range of dining choices- 6 restaurants, 4 specialty, 7 bars including 2 swim-ups & Martini bar. Book a Resort room, or even one to three bedroom Suites featuring living rooms and independent dining areas, balconies, terraces and oceanfront locations to spread out and enjoy a villa style vacation. Something for every taste, every age!Special Room Sizes and Locations Provide a Variety of AccommodationsDeluxe Resort Rooms. One Bedroom Suites, including Oceanfront up to 760 sq ft. Two and Three Bedroom Villa Suites, Oceanfront up to 1260 sq ft. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Tingo, BookIt.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Agoda and Venere so you can book your Marival Resort & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marival Resort And Suites
- Marival Hotel Nuevo Vallarta