Since I am a glass half full type of person, I will start with the positives. We really enjoyed the restaurants especially the Mexican place, and all of the desserts. The service at the restaurants was fabulous, and we definitely never went away hungry. We never had to wait long for alcoholic drinks. There was a nice variety, and we never went long with an empty glass when drinking. The rooms were very spacious, and it was nice having two bathrooms (although, you could hear everything that your neighbors were doing which made it hard to get much sleep).
Okay now for the reasons that we will not be returning to Marival. Communication was very poor, and I am not talking about the English/Spanish translation. When we arrived at the resort, we waited in line for a while to check in and then were told that we had to check in at the Marival Gold desk (they were not very friendly about it either). After they checked us in, I asked if there was a map or anything they could tell us about the resort. The only thing that we were given was a kid's map which was not helpful at all. There was a guy named Felix that immediately greeted us, but he only wanted to sell us something. Felix continued to call our room consistently for about the next four days which was very annoying to say the least. We called to make dinner reservations for the night, but we were told that we couldn't because it was after 5. Wasn't that something they could have shared with us when we checked in at 4?
So we were disappointed that night when we had to eat mediocre food at the buffet. We went to the show after dinner which was in Spanish, so we couldn't really enjoy it. Thank goodness the drinks were flowing, and we made the best out of the situation.
Another big disappointment was how hard it was to get bottled water at this resort. You got four bottled waters in the fridge which is two per person. I'm sorry, but two bottled waters a day when drinking and out in the sun is not enough. We went to all of the bars which could not give us any, and then called room service which never came with more even though they said they would. I finally had to go to the front desk and get a little sassy to start getting six bottled waters in the fridge. Needless to say we had to drink the water out at the restaurants. Now about nine days later, both of us are still not feeling 100% after getting sick the last couple days of our trip.
There was one last incident that annoyed us. We wanted to play tennis one day. We went to ask for rackets and balls. We were told that the courts were wet, and we couldn't play. Although, we saw another pair playing. We stayed and played pool. About fifteen minutes later, another pair came in and were given tennis rackets and balls. We asked again and then were told to go outside and someone would help us out there. Well by that time all of the courts were taken, and there was no one to help us. I guess we were not playing tennis.
This was our first all inclusive trip that we have taken, but I have done several cruises. I will definitely be sticking to cruises from now on. If we do take another all inclusive trip, we will be spending the extra money to stay somewhere a little more accommodating.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Book Something Different and enjoy Something Better! Enjoy our beachfront Sun ‘n Fun Resort with nonstop activities and a wide range of dining choices- 6 restaurants, 4 specialty, 7 bars including 2 swim-ups & Martini bar. Book a Resort room, or even one to three bedroom Suites featuring living rooms and independent dining areas, balconies, terraces and oceanfront locations to spread out and enjoy a villa style vacation. Something for every taste, every age!Special Room Sizes and Locations Provide a Variety of AccommodationsDeluxe Resort Rooms. One Bedroom Suites, including Oceanfront up to 760 sq ft. Two and Three Bedroom Villa Suites, Oceanfront up to 1260 sq ft. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, BookIt.com, Tingo, HotelsClick, Priceline, Hotels.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Marival Resort & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marival Resort And Suites
- Marival Hotel Nuevo Vallarta