We just got back from out third visit to the Marival Resort. Actually our first trip was to the Marival World Residences three years ago which was beautiful but unfortunately resulted in our purchase of the "vacation club" so there we are! For almost a decade we had been going to a small surfing village near Puerto Vallarta called Sayulita, which is paradise! When I was 7 months pregnant (and have 4 other children) we decided to try the all inclusive Marival World Residences made affordable by a commitment to attend their "breakfast sales meeting". So back to the review....The staff is pretty great (if you are a member they will hound you to attend the upgrade meeting which I told them no about 15 times and they finally stopped!) the arrangement of the resort is nice, beach, pools, kids play area....etc. My kids love basketball and they have a great court on site, ping pong, tennis all fun although the adults have to check out all equipment which can be annoying depending on how frequently your kids like to switch activities! We ended up being there on a Mexican long weekend combined with the Salsa and Tango International Dance Competition at the resort which sounded fun when we arrived but turned out to be an incredibly loud party at the pool every afternoon into the late night! Lots of very drunk young people in the pool all afternoon and evening...then a stage set up and loud loud variety show every night! Just check whats going on at the resort before you book. I don't mind noise but this was really over the top. My biggest complaint is the food. Breakfast is ok....too bad that I'm sure they buy all their food from some big (probably US) company and its really awful. My kids do love the pizza which is available all day and night and the constant supply of ice cream. The restaurants in which you make reservations when you arrive are horrible. We ended up laughing a lot at the meals that we would get because it was so bad. So after a few nights of this we ended up at some of the local restaurants for dinner. My husband is a French chef and we own two restaurants so perhaps we are a bit more critical than most. The drinks at the bar are also awful, super sweet mixes that tasted totally artificial, again my kids love them and I'm sure they are filled with junk that the kids would never be able to ingest at home. I do wish they would use real fruit and real mixes. The grounds are really nice and clean, the rooms are fine, you will need to visit a chiropractor after sleeping on the mattress for a week....its really bad. All in all, its fine for kids, the resort is probably overpriced for what you get. DO NOT buy the club. Rent a house in Sayulita (sayulitalife.com) and eat at the fabulous restaurants there...a much more special vacation for about the same cost or less!!! I know there are better all inclusives but I think by nature they are never that great, just really convenient !
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our passion to serve you better makes us to continue evolving... Feel the new sensation. Introducing Marival Resort & Suites totally re-styled rooms! Book Something Different and enjoy Something Better! Enjoy our beachfront Sun 'n Fun Resort with nonstop activities and a wide range of dining choices- 6 restaurants, 4 specialty, 7 bars including 2 swim-ups & Martini bar. Book a Resort room, or even one to three bedroom Suites featuring living rooms and independent dining areas, balconies, terraces and oceanfront locations to spread out and enjoy a villa style vacation. Something for every taste, every age!Special Room Sizes and Locations Provide a Variety of AccommodationsDeluxe Resort Rooms. One Bedroom Suites, including Oceanfront up to 760 sq ft. Two and Three Bedroom Villa Suites, Oceanfront up to 1260 sq ft. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Expedia, Orbitz, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Marival Resort & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marival Hotel Nuevo Vallarta
- Marival Resort And Suites