“Marival Residences & Marival Grand” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Marival Resort & Suites

You added Marival Resort & Suites to your Saves list
Marival Resort & Suites
3.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Boulevard Nuevo Vallarta y Paseo Cocoteros S/N, Nuevo Vallarta 63732, Mexico   |
Hotel packages
Hotel virtual tour
Special Offer
$300 Airfare Credit
Ranked #12 of 27 Hotels in Nuevo Vallarta
Red Deer, Canada
“Marival Residences & Marival Grand”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

Food and service fantastic at both resorts. No pool at the MarivalResidences however shuttle to the Marival Grand with private VIP beach area. Both resorts immaculate. Marival Grand great pool areas, lively entertainment but with quiet areas of the resort. Very friendly staff.

Room Tip: sofa pull-outs in all room categories
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (377)
Aurora, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

If you care about your vacation do not look at this place. I was there in October and It by far is the worst resort I have been to anywhere. The rooms are nothing like what it shows on the web site. The food at the main restaurant is awful, there is no service at this place. You would be lucky to get a beach towel when you need one. Most of the time all they try to do is sell you a time share at a different resort or they try to sell you junk on the beach every 5 minutes . The room we got smelled like someone had died there. I had to spend an hour arguing with the front desk manager to get something different. I had no hot water the entire stay. The beach furniture was all broken and the good part of the beach was reserved for a higher scale resort. If you value your vacation stay away from this place.

Room Tip: Stay away from this place
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

Our travel agent, VacationsToGo, erroneously booked us into the Marival Resort rather than the Marival Residence. We found the property to be dated. We were especially frustrated by the staff, who could not help us relocate. They wanted $500 per day for our family to eat at the Residence. The food was below average, particularly at the buffets. I took out a sailboat, but the staff seemed very reluctant to let me sail - even though I own a similar boat and have been sailing for years. The timeshare presentation was hardcore, and lasted 3 hours rather than the promised 90 minutes. I suggest staying at the Residence if you are interested in the Marival Property.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Swift Current, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

There was nothing about this place I didn't like. The staff was wonderful (very hard workers) and very helpful! The rooms were kept nice and clean.....the service was awesome.......boogie boards were fun........the food was always good! We will be back!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
MarivalResorts, Marketing & Social Media at Marival Resort & Suites, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
Dear Traveler
We appreciate you taking the time to write a review. Your comments are quite valuable to us, and we look forward to the opportunity to serve you again in the near future.
Tulsa, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

I took my mother to Marival Resort & Suites for her 58th birthday. I emailed back and forth with Mariette at Marival several times to request she makes this trip extra special for my mother. I was so impressed when we arrived at Marival, from the time we were checking in, Mariette was there with staff, balloons, confetti, and whistles to welcome and wish my mother a happy birthday. It was amazing. The Animation Staff escorted us to our upgraded, beach front room. Upon entering, the Animation Staff was so excited because they had decorated our entire beautiful room with streamers, confetti, and banners. They had already made the trip special, but the exceptional service continued. We eventually went to the Grand pool where they spotted my mother and sang to her and also put a cake in her face!! So much fun. The Animation Staff alone will make anyones trip memorable. We became close to some of the staff while there. Carlos, Roberto, Paco, David, and Kyla some of the few. If you are looking for a great bartender, talk to Hugo. He took amazing care of us and made some of the best drinks. Now onto the details of the resort. I had done weeks of research before finally deciding on Marival. I was extremely pleased with my choice. The rooms were adorable, beds were comfy contrary to some reviews that had originally worried me. We slept great, showers are great and staff keeps it clean and stocked. The resort is very nice. I believe 4 restaurants to choose from, except the steak house was closed due to weather while we were there. 5 nights stay allows you to book 2 meals in the restaurants. The staff went ahead and let us do 3. My first and favorite was the Mexican restaurant. I had the beef tenderloin I believe w raspberry sauce.. amazing. Not everything on the menu is traditional Mexican. Also be sure at the end of the meal to order the coffee drinks. The flaming presentation is stunning. It is free drinks, fabulous appetizers apiece, entrees, and dessert. Next we went to the Italian. Also fantastic. They insisted on great tequila shots before and after dessert to ensure mom and I were havin a great time which we were anyway. The other restaurant we chose was the Mediterranean. I had the Steak and Prawns. Also very nice but not my favorite. Still all included. We really enjoy eating and the food at Marival honestly for all-inclusive could not be better. We ate at the buffet everyday at least twice and the presentation and food was delicious. You can make you own sandwiches, enjoy the different choices of seafood, or whatever. The food changes everynight so you don't get bored.
Now onto the pools, the Lazy quiet pool is where we spent most of our time. There is a swim up bar, but mostly we visited Hugo in the snack bar for Modelo and tequila. Grand pool is a little crazy at times, and I was called on to learn salsa a few times so got embarassed and stuck to the lazy pool most of the time. All nice and kept very clean. The beach, It was a nice, beach, you can rent kayaks, or snorkeling equipment but we did not. Water was a little dirty while we were there because of the rain, but still a lovely beach with lots of loungers at anytime of day. My one complaint of the beach was that the tent workers were constantly taking turns coming up and trying to sell us things. We would tell one no, just to be asked by a next person down the way. Not that big of a deal, pools were cozy and closer to bar anyway.
Make sure you take full advantage of watching the Animation staff in the shows each night. Especially when you get to know them as friends it makes the experience much more enjoyable. There wasnt a time when Paco or Carlos or Roberto weren't giving us hugs or saying hello and having fun with us. The shows were very entertaining and we also had readily available tequila. The staff also offers to take you to clubs in downtown if your interested, we declined, but I wish we would've checked it out. The Discoteque on the resort was fun as well. Not many people there but good to hear some fun music.
I had originally been concerned with safety in Mexico, but mom and I had the chance to rent bikes from the resort which I highly recommend and could not have felt safer. We rode to downtown Nuevo Vallarta and checked out the shopping. Fun and easy to do. We also booked through the resort Rhythm of the Nights for a boat ride and dinner and a show on a separate island. The cab ride was 4 dollars and the resort set everything up with no problem. Mariette was there every step of the way if we had any questions. The show was unreal, funny, amazing dancing... check it out. Dinner was a nice buffet with a candlelit table about 5 feet off the water.
Overall, our trip at Marival was ideal. Mom says it was her best trip ever thanks to mostly the staff, Mariette was wonderful. Definitely worth checking out if you are looking for a little mix of family and adult fun. Food and drinks in the restaurants is worth it. Be careful with the people in the main lobby during the day who try and get you to become members of the resorts, we just wanted to enjoy the time we had and just needed to make it clear to the workers. Not a big deal, but be prepared.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Dear Traveler
Thank you for writing such a comprehensive review of your vacation experience in our resort. Your insights are valuable to us and other travelers will most likely benefit from them as well. Being part of your fondest memories is certainly rewarding to us. We would love to welcome you again in the near future.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

I love the staff like Zoe and Kyla are my favorite they always put a smile on everyone's faces. My favorite activity is volleyball. I love all the staff like Cesar carlos David Robbie and marko. I love the sun. I love the activities the do around the pool.the restaurants are so good,the rooms are nice.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
MarivalResorts, Marketing & Social Media at Marival Resort & Suites, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Dear Traveler
Thank you for posting a review on this web site. Your comments and opinions are very much appreciated. We look forward to welcoming you again in the near future
Markham
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012 via mobile

I loved everything about this place.
Beach and pool areas where great.
Service was excellent. The day we checked in to our room, we noticed the fridge wasn't working. After calling the front desk, our fridge was replaced within 20 minutes. We needed an iron, again within 15 minutes.
Martino from Sunbusters on the beach was great! What a service! For $15. they covered me head to toe with sunscreen.
I always burn on my first day but not this time.
Panda, you where a great host. We had such a great time with you at the disco!
Late night snacks? Awesome pizzeria using wood burning ovens.
Hope to be back again real soon!

• Stayed October 2012

Been to Marival Resort & Suites? Share your experiences!