“My days of Scuba in PV from Golden Crown Paradise” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Type: Bodies of Water
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: The warm, crystal-clear waters of Banderas Bay and the Mexican Pacific are home to a vast array of sea life making Puerto Vallarta one of Mexico's top diving destinations. Vallarta Adventures is the only PADI Gold Palm/ 5 Star Dive Center in Puerto Vallarta. From conducting PADI certification classes and teaching open water courses to running a dive operation or guiding dive trips around the Pacific, Vallarta Adventures' PADI Professional certification programs will open the door to a whole new world to explore.Vallarta Adventures professional diving instructors combine their expertise with the utmost personal attention in scuba lessons for every level of PADI Certification, for anyone ages 10 years old and older. Whether you are a beginner or a certified diver, Vallarta Adventures offers you the best boats, the best equipment, the best dive sites and qualified and exceptional staff to guide you every step of the way.
Saskatoon, Canada
6 attraction reviews
“My days of Scuba in PV from Golden Crown Paradise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

My first day out. staying at GCP you are a 2 minute walk to the cruise ship terminal( one tip - you will need to stop and pay a 20 peso departure fee, you will find this to the right of Gate 9, then you must go through security, it appears you could be smuggling an atomic bomb however if you have brought your dive knife for you excursion be prepared to have it taken from you, with no apologies or exceptions. they will however take your knife from you and proceed to then take it and leave it with Vallarta Adventures, this system needs to have an updated process, as my bag was not searched at all just focused on the knife) Once this procedure is done- you are lined up with everyone heading out to board the boat. As a scuba diver you are serviced first. the large double decker boat, carrying 100+ people , for your 1.5hr ride to Marietas or las calentes. On the way we were entertained by staff and crew- the comedy was fun as well as being provided an extensive briefing on the boat, as well as provided unlimited drinks coffee and delicious fruit and muffins. Kieran the dive instructor provided thorough and detailed information of the dives we were going to see. he assisted with all equipment for everyone all was handled and set up cleaned and rinsed all gear for you so you could relax and be entertained, we witnessed the mating of humpback whales on the way which was one of the bonuses of my trip. On our trip to LC the four divers I was there with all had the opportunity to dive with the Seal Lions as they are just about to open a Sea Lion adventure on LC beach , we were underwater and were able to interact with them.Keep in mind, this is a Long day trip aprox 7hr day, but there is lunch and an open bar that helped with managing the long day. On each dive the the staff were all amazing and I highly recommend diving with them. Do not however, expect the visibility of these dives to compare to mayan riviera or hawaii, but a very good experience you will have if or should I say when you go have a blast..

Visited December 2012

9 attraction reviews
“Fun day diving.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

I haven't been diving for awhile. This was a great experience. Most of my dives are river dives. I had forgotten how nice it is to be diving in the ocean. Roger is an excellent dive master for Vallarta Adventures Scuba. I did the Marieats dive. It was a 2 tank dive, saw tones of fish, spider crabs, small octopus, star fish, ect. Overall an excellent day.

Visited December 2012
Columbia, Missouri
6 attraction reviews
“vallarta adventures has awesome scuba tours”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

Great guides and locations. My scuba diving tours were both awesome. The guides Hugo-Las Caletas and Rodger Marietas Islands were excellent. I took some great pictures with my water proof camera.

Phoenix
“Vallarta Adventures - Best Dive Shop in Mexico”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

My wife and I have a timeshare at the Grand Bliss in Nuevo Vallarta and go every year. We just got back from this year's trip (11/10/12-11/17/12) and did two dives with Vallarta Adventures - one to Las Marietas and one to Los Anegados.
Fernando Cruz (Divemaster for many years with Vallarta Adventures) is AWESOME. We look forward to seeing him every year - it is like going to visit a good friend. We have been diving many times with Vallarta Adventures and never had a bad divemaster, but of the ones working there currently, Fernando is our favorite.
Thanks Fernando from Michael and Melissa and we can't wait to see you again next year. I can't recommend Vallarta Adventures enough for ANY of their tours/activities/scuba - we have done just about everything they offer and have NEVER been disappointed.

Hamburg, Germany
26 attraction reviews
“Time limited, and very amature dive master”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

The gear was not on par with proper diving specific providers, the day was mingled with snorkelers and kayakers, so we were limited to 40 minutes as opposed to air.
The dive master was embarrassing and was touching everything under water, he couldn't keep his hands off the rocks the coral and the sand, and at one point picked up a puffer fish, he shouldn't be a dive master.