“My Happy Place” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Marival Residences Luxury Resort Nuevo Vallarta

You added Marival Residences Luxury Resort Nuevo Vallarta to your Saves list
Marival Residences Luxury Resort Nuevo Vallarta
4.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Blvr Nuevo Vallarta y Paseo de los Cocoteros s/n, Nuevo Vallarta 63732, Mexico (Formerly Marival Residences & World Spa)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #2 of 27 Hotels in Nuevo Vallarta
Houston, Texas
“My Happy Place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2010

Ill keep this short. My husand and I went with our good friends for 4 nights. We love our 5 star hotels. For example one of my favorite hotels is the Bellagio in Vegas. With that being said, this hotel exceeded my expections. The rooms are huge and really really nice. The food is like no other all inclusieve I have ever stayed at. The service was great. This is for sure a place to just go lay around and chillax. We left one day and did the zipline tour. That was fun too. Other than that we laid around, ate, ate and ate some more and drank a ton. You have to go to the spa at least on day. My husband and I went twice we enjoyed the first time so much. So much for keeping it short. We will for sure go back and bring a large group with us. You CAN NOT beat the price for what you get. One last thing, your not beach front and the water is not blue. That did not bother me. I felt like a VIP the whole time I was there.

Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (411)
Lawrence Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2010

Please realize that there is a HUGE difference between the "Residence" property and the "Resort" property so make sure you are reviewing the right one. The Residence property was just built in December 2009 and is an unbelievable property. Rooms, grounds, food, service...I just can't say enough wonderful things about all of them. I am a pretty difficult person to impress given my high standards and I will have to say I was beyond pleasantly surprised! We had to cancel our Playa Del Carmen vacation last minute due to bad weather and saw that the Pacific was having good weather so we changed our reservation very last minute (thanks to cancellation insurance). I did not have time to research this property so I was extremely nervous when driving to our resort. I worried for no reason! The resort was not busy at all and I will have to say that we realized that this is one of the big reasons we loved the resort. There are a lot of rooms but the resort itself is fairly small so I can see how I personally would not have liked it as much if it were a busier time. The staff said they were only booked 40% but I was surprised by that number because it seemed like we were there with maybe 5 other groups. The head chef came from the Four Season's and the food is phenomenal. The Tappa's style rooftop bar Inzu was by far our very favorite...the staff was great and we loved it so much that we ate there every night. We tried something different every night and the food was just unbelievable not to mention the wonderful views and sunsets over the Pacific! Lunch on the beach at the VIP beach club was wonderful and Miquel and Eduardo took excellent care of us the entire visit. You have private air conditioned bathrooms and showers which was a major plus to this area!
The only down side is that you do not have beach access from the Residences. It is a very quick golf cart ride down to the sister facility but is was a bit of a bummer to not be able to just walk on the beach at any given moment. Cesar was more than happy to run us back and forth but I would much prefer not having to go back and forth. One other downside is the other resort. I did not care for the Resort property at all. There is a drastic difference between the two properties...facility, food, clientele, service, and I think it is a downside to this property to mix the two. One other small negative is that our mattress on our bed was super hard. When we mentioned it to the front desk they immediately had someone come put a mattress topper on the bed which did help somewhat.
The Spa was wonderful and the workout facilities were nice. The rooms are HUGE and very, very nice..modern and new. Our view from the 5th floor, center of the resort room 516 was spectacular!
We will return for sure but we will make sure it is a down time at the resort as we do think that this was one of the reasons we liked this vacation so much. Keep in mind we are trying to get away from kids and a busy lifestyle so we were looking for calm and quiet.
My husband and I agreed that this resort would be absolute perfection if it had beach access right at the property and became an adult only resort! :)

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
boston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2010

When we booked our hotel for mexico, it was to originally stay at Marival Resorts (the sister resort to the Residences) so that we could get a BREAK from our two young kids and hectic life. We walk in the door and there are kids EVERYWHERE- toddlers, teenagers, you name it and they are just everywhere! They are also not so friendly to you and the place is older but kept up fairly well. Not 5 minutes after we checked in did we get hassled to go to an "hour and a half" time share presentation... well we went and during the presentation they take you over to the Residence property- which was so beautiful and relaxing that we decided to upgrade our trip! haha! BTW- we said NO THANK YOU to the time share (about 100 times before they let us go).

After paying for the upgrade, we are quickly brought over to the Marival Residences hotel and ushered into this nice lounge to check in while given a cool lavendar towel and drink of your choice (unlike the Marival Resort & Suites). The room was soooo gorgeous and our view was amazing, but more than that- the food and the service was to die for!

Service-
You barely move out of your chair or lounger and they come running over to you asking what you need or how they can help you! The whole staff will know you by name. here are a few people who went above and beyond:
-Eliasar: works mornings, so nice!
-Everardo- works nights, and if you see him at dinner, make sure you bring playing cards and tell him that Chase and Carolyn asked you to show off his "Crazy Card Game". good fun.
-both Fernandos. One will give you special deserts, the other likes to give special shots (it wont take you long to figure it which one is which)
-Reggie- he works public relations but is very nice

Beach:
-go to the beach! you just take a little golf cart over and you pretty much have the whole roped off section to yourself and you get drink and food service, and your own bathroom which is nice (and cleaner!).
-Miguel is the best! tell him hello for us. (chase and Carolyn)

Restaurants:
-Brunello: this is a wine bar and it is very loungy and very fun! you MUST get the truffle popcorn!
-Insu- this is the bar ontop of the hotel and it is very beautiful and the tapas are amazing! I liked the lamp chops, duck spring rolls, and crab wonton things, and the shrimp! the shrimp is always good no matter how they cook it
-Lemongrass- this is the one that is open for lunch and dinner everyother night. The menu here is not as great, but the calamari is good and the steak is good, i think the lobster pasta was our best meal here.
-Omagios- YYYUUUUMMMM! You must eat here as much as you can because everything is amazing! I had the truffle/lobster mac and cheese and the shrimp lemon risoto. the mac and cheese was good but the shrimp risoto was so good that my husband was sneaking as many bites off my plate as he could. :)

the best part of this place is that if you go in the off season, it is very empty. Just make sure you tip good because the staff work so hard and they deserve it.

KIDS-
also, we saw kids here, but it is more of an adult resort until it gets busier. kids are doable here- but if you are looking for a busy kids club than this is NOT the resort for you. I never saw one single kid in the kids club!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Victoria, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2010

There was a mixup @ the Marival Resort. They lost our reservations, however we were upgraded to the Marival Residences. How? I (the group leader) was pleasant, calm, and understood that the guy at the front desk didn't cause this, couldn't fix it but wanted to help. I stayed in the Marival Resort in January 2010, and it was good. You can read the reviews yourself. Every resort has good and bad. Remember you're on vacation.
...not so the Residences. It was all good, no bad. The reviews below are descriptive so I won't reiterate. The service was fantastic (from concierge on down), the quality of the food incredible (see where the executive chef came from), the free tours excessive (try the sunset cruise--out of a magazine). I travel extensively for work: This was the best all-inclusive I've ever stayed at globally, and in my top 10 hotels (which include the Palace in NY). Enjoy!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2010

We just returned from 2 weeks at the Marival Residences and World Spa and had a wonderful time. The rooms were amazing, we had a 3 bedroom and a 2 bedroom for our group of 8. The 3 bedroom has a huge deck with lots of room for all of us to meet and visit on, and a great view of the ocean and you could hear the waves crashing on the beach (a sound that I love). We also had 3 large bedrooms all with ensuites (master is huge) 2nd bedroom has 2 double beds with floor to ceiling window looking out at the resort and patio doors to the deck. 3rd bedroom has King bed and it's own private deck. The kitchen and living area are good sized including a dining table for 8, plasma TV (that my husband liked) and good sized sitting area that almost was never used as the deck was so nice. The 2 bedroom unit mirrored the 3 bedroom only with smaller deck, and of course the 3rd bedroom.
The staff were all wonderful, very happy to accomodate your every need, their moto seems to be "service first". Sunsets from the Insu Sky Bar are spectacular, the meals amazing, great seafood (try the tequila shrimp & my husbands favorite the lobster dumplings). There is no such thing as cheap liqour at this resort all top qualtiy brand names. The Omaggio is very nice for formal dining, Lemon Grass for casual dining and the Brunelli Wine Bar is a nice for a relaxing drink and snack. And if this isn't enough you get full use of the Marival Resort and Suites dining areas and bars as well.
The pools are very nice and clean and quiet, shallow wading pool for the kids as well as dancing fountain that seemed entertain the young ones, very quiet dipping pools, main swimming pool and private spa area with 4 daybeds for relaxing. If you prefer the ocean, the shuttle to the Main Marival resort is available and is a nice 3 minute ride. On the beach there is a private beach club with lounge chairs, towels and again great service and food (try the shrimp ceviche, huge prawns and served in a coconut shell).
Can't say enough about this great resort, and we will be back in October.
If I have to say a negative the only thing that comes to mind is the lack of railings on the stairs, so getting around from tower 1 was a little difficult for my husband, but again the staff took care of that by offering to pick us up in a golf cart to take ust to the main area of the resort. This would not of been an issue at all from tower 2 or 3, so if you have a mobility handicap I would reccomend that you book into one of those towers.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
Melbourne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2010

This resort far exceeded any expectations we had. From every angle the resort was amazing. The quality of the food was outstanding. There are 3 different restaurants to eat at within the all inclusive package and all have the freshest produce and tasty menus. If you love to eat as much as my family does you will not be disappointed! The friendliness of staff and their manner was beyond reproach. Their willingness to assist and make you feel comfortable ensured you were relaxed and enjoying yourself. Their service was 10/10 and the drinks menu catered for all, Grey Goose vodka, Baileys etc was part of the all inclusive. The kids loved the non alcoholic dacquiris, margaritas etc. The resort is brand new, furnishings are tastefully done and evoke a sense of coastal chic. Everything is so clean, including the pools and spa area. The water is just the right temperature in the main pool (not too hot, not too cold!) and the spa is lovely and hot. The spa area has 4 private day beds to lounge around on and read, play cards or just chill out on. We stayed in a 1 bedroom apartment which slept 4. The rooms were large and spacious-the kids had a fold out sofa bed which housekeeping would prepare each night if requested. Ideally a room of their own would have been the icing on the cake but certainly it was not an issue as it was. We had a kitchen, dining table and lounge area with the master bedroom being huge. There is an ensuite and second bathroom with laundry facilities. The outside balconies are also very spacious with fabulous views. The gym is open 7-10 and if you wish to indulge yourself there is a wonderful spa set up for massages and a variety of pampering treatments. Access to the beach is not an issue as the guys will run you there whenever you would like and there is a private area roped off for you-great day beds and lounges and again fabulous food and drinks. Our only regret is that we live on the other side of the world which precludes us from going back every year as we would like!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
Kansas City
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2010

I have to first make a comment about the other reviews...please be sure when you are writing a review on the Marival Residence & World Spa that you are not confusing it with the older Marival Resort. They are two totally different properties and I've seen a lot of comments about Marival Residences that were referring to the other resort.

My husband had gone down to Marival Residences in January and came home and wouldn't stop talking about how great the resort was, I mean constant talking that it was by far the best resort and best value he had ever experienced. So in mid February I went down with my sister and best friend and we got a three bedroom unit and I too was blown away when we walked in our room. I thought perhaps they had given us something different than the standard three bedroom but it was just their regular room. It was almost 3,000 square feet and was unbelieveable. We sat out on t he balcony and listened to the waves crashing and watched the boats come and go. The sunsets are the best I've ever seen!
Now for the food...well when you have the chef from the Four Seasons Beverly Hills, what more could you ask for. Buffets...no way...every restaurant is ala carte and over the top.
Excursions...FREE...I was once again blown away at the value of this. Free golf, free dolphin encounter, free sea lion encounter, free zip line, free sailboat ride. I don't know of any other time that I have smiled and laughed so much when we were in the water with the sea lion and got a big kiss!
If you want to experience a resort that will exceed your expectations, come to the Marival Residences, you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with friends

Been to Marival Residences Luxury Resort Nuevo Vallarta? Share your experiences!