Just got back from NPV from a 6 day stay at the Marival Residence Resort with my with and 16 year old teenager. This is a great hotel with pros and cons that are listed below.
1. Outstanding service by the personnel.
2. Has 3 restaurant on site with excellent cuisine. If you are a discerning eater like I am and abhore the feed the cattle attitude of most All-inclusive resorts, then you will enjoy your stay here.
The food is the best part of this hotel in my opinion. You can in addition, opt to visit the suites part of the hotel and restaurants, but requires a reservation, in 6 days we did not feel the urge to try the additonal restaurants. There is a breakfast and lunch outdoor buffet from Thrusday through Sunday.
3. The Spa is second to none.
4. Rooms and Resort are extemely well kept and clean. I was expecting a large room but what were pleasantly surprise by the size of the rooms. In reality they are full apartments. We had what appeared to be a 2 bedroom condo, with a full balcony. Great accomodations.
1. For a hotel of this class I was disappointed that it did not have a business center in the residence portion of the resort. Wi-Fi access is close to 15 dollars a day. I have been to places in India with a 1/3 of the infractructure of Mexico and they provide free WI-FI access at least on a limited basis in the lobby or business area. So, I find it disturbing in this day and age that this resort will not provide some limited access to the internet and find the prices they charge for access obcene.
If you need infrequent access to wi-fi, I recommend their Bistro (named "D") next to the hotel where you can spend the money on wine and gain access to their network for free, better yet find a Starbucks, they are all over in PV.
2. They try to get you on a sales tour (time shares) of their resort. I did not attend the presentation since I have been a victim of wasting my time on those in the past, but the continous request to attend gets annoying after a while. They do promise some goodies, that may appeal to some, I was not interested.
3. Ther is no direct beach access. To go to the beach area you need to catch a golf cart ride to the suites side of the resort where there is a VIP section for guest of the "residence" side of the resort. I must say that the food and service is exceptional as well in the VIP section.
In conclusion, the only reason I did not rate this hote a 5 whas for the con's listed above. Overall, I would return and recommend this hotel. Great service, great food and excellent location. It is as close to perfect as you can get, but it needs to address the issues above, for me to give it a full 5 rating.
You have no recent hotel searches.