You added Marival Residences Luxury Resort Nuevo Vallarta to your Saves list
Marival Residences Luxury Resort Nuevo Vallarta
4.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Blvr Nuevo Vallarta y Paseo de los Cocoteros s/n, Nuevo Vallarta 63732, Mexico (Formerly Marival Residences & World Spa)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #2 of 27 Hotels in Nuevo Vallarta
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Wonderful!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

This is my 4th visit to the Residences, October 5-12. Usually I visit with my spouse and/or family, but this time I visited with three of my girlfriends. This was their first visit and they were WOWED! Even my friend who visits the Grand Wailea in Maui was impressed by the food and service. This was low season, and for the first part of the week the resort was about 25% occupied. Sadly, some of our favorite waiters were furloughed for the week, but we got to know many of the wait staff during the week and by the end, they knew our names and preferences. Kudos to Carlos, the chief concierge, who is such an asset...always smiling and eager to please. Patty and Wenz at the pool were charming and helpful. We missed Patty after our first day as she was given "vacation" due to the slow season.

The food was out of this world good! Most nights we ate at Omaggio, but also dined at Lemmongrass and Inzu. Compared to our last visit, I found Inzu to be disappointing. Food quality was a little off and waiters were not very attentive, instead glued to the TV sets watching soccer. The rest was amazing. Most of our lunches were by the pool, breakfast and dinner at Omaggio. Everything was fresh, tasty and beautifully presented. Drinks were plentiful and top shelf.

We enjoyed the quietness of the resort and generally hung out at one of the side pools which we had to ourselves most days. Evenings were enjoyed on our 4th floor balcony, looking at the sunsets and lights of the resort. Not big on the party scene, we enjoyed the relaxation.

Speaking of relaxation, we visited the spa twice. Wonderful treatments! Two of us enjoyed the Turkish experience, one friend had the Bali experience in addition to a deep cleansing facial, foot reflexology, deep tissue massage, and pedicure. The facility is beautiful and all services were performed by well-trained and capable technicians. Beatrice & Naiomi give the best massages!

I am a platinum owner at Marival and this is one place I would be unlikely to trade. We love it here and look forward to our next visit in March. Timeshares get a bad rap, but I don't regret our purchase here and enjoy every minute!

Room Tip: Fourth floor or higher gets a good view. Ask for a mattress topper; the beds are hard.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (443)
New Albany, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

My wife and I just got back from a 7 day trip to Nuevo Vallarta with 2 other couples; this was our second time here with the same group…

Still a great location and one we have come to appreciate, a very nice property tucked away from the rest of the craziness just off the beach.

We were here a year before and 2 hotel associates remembered me… What a good feeling! First guy I see when I get out of the car is Ubwaldo, he connected with me being here the year before and again took great care of me and my friends!

We did our check-in process in the inside (air-conditioned) bar just around the corner from the front desk… Very relaxing, included drinks (welcome Margaritas), and cool damp towels with some sort of scent that just made the trip melt away. Then the pleasant surprise of an upgraded room came, however this time I needed to give the guy a tip and ensure he knew we would pay the upgrade fee… The best surprise of the trip; 4 Bedroom, 5 Bath, 3 King, Private Pool PENTHOUSE!!

Food was better than I recall, the couples we traveled with really appreciate good food and were very happy with everything from the simple Quesadillas poolside, to the Lamb Chops at the Sky bar... We did get to NickSon (Sushi Bar near the spa) and like last time we were very happy!

Concierges - Mishelle and Carlos took wonderful care of us and helped with a couple of the best dinners we have had in Mexico. Mishelle did an amazing job with an anniversary dinner in the room (actually on the rooftop terrace) she helped coordinate, where the chef and staff of two came to the room and cooked in our kitchen.

Carlos got us a reservation at La Palapa on the beach in old town and had a car and driver that took us down and stayed until we were done.

Beware of the time share sales team... they will ruin a vacation. The new owners (who bought with us last time) we were traveling with had an "update" and it was really a sales pitch! My tip from them is to... GO find a Customer Service person at the other resort if you want to learn more about the plan you bought and don’t fall for the "update".

I did send a note to the concierge team about a week ahead telling them I needed a softer mattress, which I think they gave us, but it still wasn’t soft enough for my wife and one of our friends. I called the next morning and they had our cleaning team, bring extra ‘egg-crate’ foam pads and down pillows… That made a big difference!

Anyways...Great stay! Can’t wait to come back again… Thanks Marival

Room Tip: Send a note to the concierge team about a week ahead telling them you need a softer mattresses, and...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Kansas City, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

My husband and I just returned from a wonderful pampered vacation at the Marival Residences and World Spa. The food was gourmet the rooms are unbelievable and the staff are always attentive and pleasant and more than eager to please. The Concierge Carlos always has a smile and ready to help you with any questions about the resort and surrounding area. We have been to the Marival Residences 4 times and on our return this past week we were greeted like VIP'S, with hugs, hand shakes and big smiles. I would like to give a few pats on the back (so to speak) to, Omar Ramirez, the Manager of Ommagios and Lemon Grass, he always greets us and makes sure we are taken care of. Paco from the VIP beach is a server that is beyond belief, he glides thru the sand with his tray of food or beverage like it was the easiest of jobs, always stopping to see if there is anything more we needed. I wouldn't finish this review unless I mentioned Jesus, or the Bird Man as many know him by, his entertaining imaginary bird calls and cat fights are so entertaining, he also welcomes us each visit. These are just a few of the staff that come to mind. I am also a travel agent and have taken friends and family, it's not just myself and husband that are treated so well, EVERYONE that arrive at the Marival Residences are treated like VIP'S. I would also like to Thank Bea and Daphne for doing such a GREAT job keeping the Marival Residences and World Spa a 5 star resort.

Room Tip: 4th and 5th floor for Ocean View
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
MarivalResorts, Marketing & Social Media at Marival Residences Luxury Resort Nuevo Vallarta, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Dear Traveler
Thank you so much for posting a review of our resort on this web site. We value guests' opinions, especially when coming from repeat guests like you. We are very pleased that you have enjoyed your stay here and the service from our staff. We are looking forward to welcoming you again in the near future.
Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

We booked our three day get away on line from Alaska Vacations and three day Business Class ticket and Suite and all inclusive trip cost us 3800 dollars give or take.Mind you the property is really luxurious and fools you being an American standard hotel. First night both of us could not sleep and could not figure out what was the cause, mind you bed bugs come on to feed on you at night and they are super small to be visible to eye and may not cause an allergic reaction to the unsuspecting for several night. We noted a strange rash but we thought we were being bitten by some strange mosquitoes which were so ubiquitous in the season. On our way back from the short trip we noted our bodies were covered with strange itchy rash and thanks to Google pictures we were able to diagnose ourselves. Well these small critters can get in to your suitcase and move in with you and cause substantial damage to your well being. So we opted throwing our luggage and went directly to our gym, bought some new clothes and proceeded to call to notify the hotel. I was hoping that I was able to talk to the manager which I was always routed to his /her voice mail and I left close to 10 messages and not a single call back and s/he was always too busy to take my call and finally someone who refused to identify themselves told me that their hotel did not have bed bugs and that was that. Finally I reached to Alaska Airlines and They said they would speak to to the Hotel and after several weeks they said that because we did not make a complaint while we were there, it was too late. I had bought the package via AMEX, hoping that they would help and we sent out our photos of rash and all we wanted to have some compensation for our time and luggage and that was futile as well. Moral of the story if you wake up in the middle of the night and you have intense itching please think of BED BUGS first and document document document that you have reported it etc. I am not accusing hotel for giving us the bed bugs it is possible they came in with the last vacationers, but just the fact that they refused to take my call and offer any compensation for a trip ruined I give them a big fat zero for their customer service.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
MarivalResorts, Marketing & Social Media at Marival Residences Luxury Resort Nuevo Vallarta, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Dear traveler,
We strive to provide the best experience possible and are sorry to hear that you did not have a perfect stay. We would like to point out that we received your report in April while you were on property and after your departure through the travel agency and, as we consider this a very delicate issue, our resident manager personally proceeded to a deep verification of the residence along with the experts in plague control and exterminations and no bed bugs were found or reported by any other guest prior or after your stay with us. The hotel facilities including residences and beds are practically new. We believe you may have been bitten by some “jejenes” at any open area; these are tiny flying bugs that live and breed in tropical environments and their bite causes the same kind of rash and itching in your skin.
What has really concerned us is that you feel our customer service and the resident manager herself, or any manager on duty would not attend your situation properly. It surprises us a lot that you could not reach her because she is always available at any of the two properties and she always carries her cell phone with her. In fact, if you wish and you still would like talk about this, she will be happy to. She would love the opportunity to further discuss your stay, and asks that if time allows for you to call her directly at the hotel.
We hope you will give our hotel another chance to earn your business in the future. Assuring you of our best attention, we remain
Arlington, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

We went to the Marival Residences for a honeymoon trip, and prior to getting there had set up different pieces of the trip (transportation to/from the airport, room, etc.) with one of the concierge staff, who was exceedingly accommodating and kind. When we arrived, they greeted us by name and brought us to the hotel bar while they arranged our check-in details. Within 5 minutes we were ready to go and the room was prepared for us, including a welcome surprise of flowers, champagne, and chocolate-covered strawberries. We had heard good reviews of the food, which was one of our original reasons for choosing the Marival Residences, but it was even better than we expected. My wife is gluten-free, and on the first night, the staff apologized for not having anything prepared, but assured us that for the rest of our stay they would provide gluten-free options at each meal! It was amazingly generous and the staff really does treat you like friends. The staff is both extremely professional and also familiar and friendly.

After the first day, they would address us by first name, ask us how our day was going and what we had planned, and were happy to help with anything we needed. The transportation staff was extremely friendly, offering restaurant recommendations and suggestions of things to do when we went off-site. It's hard to judge how the experience would be for a family, but it was absolutely perfect for a couple. From the private dip pools to the solid wine selections for the all-inclusive menu, we felt extremely relaxed and enjoyed every minute of it. If I could offer two pieces of advice, it would be that you check out the Insa bar on the top level, with beautiful views of the water and really good tapas selections (try the duck tacos!), and talk with Carlos (concierge) about anything you might need while you're there. The entire staff aims to please and their service level is unparalleled.

Room Tip: Try to get in floors 4 and above so you can see the water from your room
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Vancouver, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

We stayed here 3 nights Sept.28-Oct1.This is a low season I guess. We have learned after arrival "residences" means the time sharers units rented out while the owner is away and the facility has restaurants to use a la carte not buffet as most all inclusive. The one bedroom residence was very luxurious but the night we arrived Sat. around 8pm the fridge was not filled with the promised water and soft drinks. Sunday was, Monday or Tues. was not. Monday was no house keeping in our room either. We didn't make mess but this is not how supposed to be.
The room service was efficient, but give small portions of fruits and ice cream.
The residency restaurants were not very good. I mean the scrambled egg tasted awful, they use some sauce or powder in there. The egg benedict looked like it but didn't taste like that. This was our first morning and after that we took advantage of the sister hotel Marival Hotel's facilities and spent almost all day there. BUT: that hotel is 31/2 star, but the food, buffet was excellent, the pool was great and the evening shows were good. I am questioning if we made a good decision to pay higher fee for the residency.
The internet regardless it was $14.00per day didn't work well. This is not the place where you can be touch with your business while on vacation.
The lemongrass poolside snack bar was the best option for food here. Great service all over from front desk to waiters , workers. I love Mexican hospitality everywhere. People are great. I always tip them and they really appreciate it . Money well spent.
This is not a beach side Hotel but you there is a back door you can go to the back street and after few minutes walk there is a public entrance to the beach or take the ride to the sister hotel's beach. The ocean didn't look inviting , it was murky but very warm, the sand is lovely for walks for miles. I loved it. Due to low season we never met more than 6 people at the pool, only at the restaurant. Generally I think the bad reviews were more true than the good ones. This is definitely not a family hotel "residency" because no evening entertainment. Without the sister hotel this place is just like: if you want to run away from everybody and being lonely or depressed. Beautiful room, small nice pool that's all. I will not return here. Sorry.

Room Tip: Most rooms are pool, resort view since this is not a beach property. You can have your own little po...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
MarivalResorts, Marketing & Social Media at Marival Residences Luxury Resort Nuevo Vallarta, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Dear guest,
Thank you very much for sharing your experience at Marival Residences & World Spa with future travelers; we regret we were not able to fully meet your expectations.
We feel truly sorry about your comments concerning the food, although, kindly be advised that since the resort´s opening, the quality of food offered has been one of the highlights that has positioned it as one of the best hotels in Mexico and worldwide .However, we will forward your remarks to our executive chef to be taken into consideration.
In regards to the internet and housekeeping services, we would have loved to have been advised about any inconvenience while in property so we could have given it proper follow up. By calling our concierge desk at extensions number 8000 or 8001, any requirement is gladly tended to.
We look forward to hosting you again in this your home away from home; in case you may need any special assistance please do not hesitate to contact us at chiefconcierge@marivalresidences.com prior to your arrival.
Tacoma, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

Love this place for several reasons but the best reason is the way they accommodate us during our DreamMissions out helping the children of Puerto Vallarta..;) The bartenders and waiters are the best and everyone remembers your name there.;) I have been to this location 8 times now and an headed down for my 9th one. Looking forward to seeing all the children I have gotten to know over the last nine years of venturing to Puerto Vallarta. It is my favorite city on the planet. Take care.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business