“Second visit and continues to be awesome!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Marival Residences Luxury Resort Nuevo Vallarta Riviera Nayari

You added Marival Residences Luxury Resort Nuevo Vallarta Riviera Nayari to your Saves list
Marival Residences Luxury Resort Nuevo Vallarta Riviera Nayari
4.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Blvd Nuevo Vallarta y Paseo de los Cocoteros no 53, Nuevo Vallarta 63732, Mexico (Formerly Marival Residences & World Spa)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Hotel virtual tour
Offers & Announcements
$250 Airfare Credit
Ranked #3 of 26 Hotels in Nuevo Vallarta
“Second visit and continues to be awesome!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

Our family of 4 just returned from a 6 night stay at Marival Residences. This was our second visit, and it was as good as the first. If it is possible the service may have been even better this trip. Ernesto and Francisco at the beach club was amazing as were Michael, Jesus and Fernando at Omaggio. We can't leave out Carlos at the pool and everyone at Brunello. The wine bar is one of our favorite hang outs! Last year our kiddos did not use the kids club, but this trip they spent about 4 hours there and loved it (ages 4 and 9). Alejandra was wonderful at running the Kid's Club! We did not have an ocean view this year which would have been nice, but looking at the beautiful grounds was nice as well. We hope to return for a third visit in the future! Thank you for making us feel welcome and helping us have an amazing vacation.

• Stayed July 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (352)
Tulsa, Oklahoma
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

The facility was nice. Although, we had to call maintenance 3 times within the first 24 hours (no hot water, leaking roof, clothes dryer didn't heat up) Their response time was good. The "kitchen" had very minimal stuff not even a bottle opener for the beer in the fridge. Absolutely no way to cook or clean in the unit (that's okay we went as all inclusive). Pool in our back yard couldn't be used for 24 hour period due to algae.

My biggest issue with the place is the way it is "all-inclusive". At the end of each meal they hand you a check (that is utterly ridiculous in amount) and it shows credit for the meal. They recommend you tip 10-15% of the bill (depending on the service). One night we ordered 2 pieces of cake, 2 cappuccinos, and an irish coffee. The bill was 900 pesos or $90. So the expected tip was $9. Crazy!!! Food was good in some restaurants and very poor in others. They did a great job on New Year's Eve. Super party and wonderful food. If you order coffee, specify you want cream and sugar, otherwise, the coffee is cold before you can flag down a waiter and get it. Avoid the buffets and order off the menu. Get the cooked to order omelet or quesadilla.

The excursions were very nice. The sea lions were great according to my husband and daughter. The snorkel cruise was the best boat and crew I have ever encountered on a snorkel adventure. The only comment is that they should modify the itinerary dependent on the weather. We spent 2 hours at a remote beach huddled under a leaky cabana in the pouring down rain. The trip had a 2 hour window at this beach. Everyone of us wanted to leave. I suppose they got a commission of the drink and food orders otherwise they clearly saw our desire to return to the hotel and get dry and warm. The zip lines were a blast.

Hotel service was average not 5 star (I suspect some of the problem was being there over a holiday). Other Trip Advisor comments warned about the wait time for the shuttle between our hotel and the beach resort. They were dead on. You get there in 2 minutes or less and then wait typically 20-30 minutes before a shuttle comes back for you. (Staff at the other resort is supposed to call for the shuttle but prefers a magazine over the telephone.) The map of the hotel on their web site makes it look like this resort is connected to the other resort with the beach. It is not! They are separated by several blocks and other hotels. You do not want to walk to the beach. Way too far. The beach you see from the hotel is not accessible from this resort.

There was no consistency with the maid service. Sometimes we didn't even get clean towels. Turn down service was different every day sometimes not even showing up.

Overall the facilities were good and we had a nice trip. It was definitely not 5 star service, food quality or accommodations but the cost was certainly 5 star price.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
MarivalResorts, Marketing & Social Media at Marival Residences Luxury Resort Nuevo Vallarta Riviera Nayari, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Dear Traveler
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on this web site. We value guests' opinions and we have forwarded your comments to manager for proper follow up. We apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced, that is not up to our standard. We would like to have the opportunity to serve you again in the near future and show you our appreciation for repeat guests. Do send us an email to chiefconcierge@marivalresidences.com beforehand, in order to help you with any special request and do our best to make your stay more enjoyable.
Evergreen Park IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

The Marival Residences is the best AI we have ever stayed...

This includes Cozumel... cruise ships etc.

We also met a number of folks who have stayed at AI's and they agreed with us... it is the BEST ever.

No this is NOT a resort to go to to if you are wanting wild drinking games geared for college co-eds.

The service was wonderful... food was top notch. (Sunday brunch was awesome!)
The value was great... considering the quality of food and drinks.
Rooms were huge and well maintained.
The whole property was perfectly maintained...
Spa service was great...

So... yes the beach is not blue caribbean and is a short walk... this is the PACIFIC ocean.
The location is QUIET... a bit of a taxi ride to PV...

In the end... Marival Residences offers and delivers relaxing casual elegance at it's best!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Traveler
Thank you for writing a review of our resort on this web site. Guests' comments are very important to us, and we believe other travelers also benefit from them. It is quite rewarding to learn that we rank so high in your preferences. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.
Cumming, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

I can't believe how this resort received such good ratings. From the moment we arrived I realized it was not going to be a good stay. While the hotel is pretty, there is really one one big pool to be at, and it was hot to get in. Not refreshing at all. And the ocean? FORGET about it. You won't see it at all unless you go to the sister resort. Which we DON'T recommend unless you are eating at the Italian restaurant.
We rented one of the villas, and had to fight with the concierge to get it stocked with the basics.....like bottled water. ALL THINGS that the resort claimed they stocked for you.
And speaking of water-the resort constantly claimed they were out of bottled water. They were quick to offer tap water but we weren't willing to drink it.

And beware-this ALL INCLUSIVE resort asked you to take out your wallet at every opportunity. Including expectations of tipping at all meals. We ended up spending almost $1000 by the end of the trip without any purchasing anything we WOULD have expected to pay for like massages or day trips.

Room Tip: Don't rent the Villas. They aren't worth the extra expense.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
MarivalResorts, Marketing & Social Media at Marival Residences Luxury Resort Nuevo Vallarta Riviera Nayari, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Dear Guest:
We would like to thank you for taking your time to share your comments on TripAdvisor relative to your stay at Marival Residences & World Spa. We believe that all observations from our clients are very important because they help us to improve the quality of our services and facilities as we strive for excellence.
Your comment regarding drinks in your fridge seems a little strange; our room service staff restocks fridges daily with bottles of water, soda pops and beer under request, as many as you want, no limits.
As to pool areas, we would like to share with you that our property enjoys four pools, one located at the main area, two located at the side buildings and one more at our Insú Sky Lounge, plus the private one you had in your villa, all of them with nice temperature.
It is very important to note that our Management team and Concierge are always present on the property and always available to guests; unfortunately, we did not receive any comments from you, thus not allowing us to take measures to make your stay more enjoyable. We really need our guests to report any incident while in destination, in order for us to be able to follow up and verify it while they still are at the hotel and give us the opportunity to show them how much we care about our clients.
Relationships with our guests is the most important for us, It will be very helpful if you contact us and complete your comment about your experience with us, please be so kind to send us an email to chiefconcierge@marivalresidences.com, so we can keep in touch with you.
We would love to welcome you back in the near future and have the opportunity to show you how important our guests are.
Lethbridge, Alberta, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

The Marival Residences was the most amazing experience I have ever had. There is not a single complaint I could make about this resort. Everything from the food, rooms, and the people was outstanding. The SkyLounge is the most amazing part of the entire package. Watching the sunset up there was a breathtaking experience, and the food and drinks added an amazing touch. Later, the DJ played a great mix of music so you could dance the night away! The brunelo lounge was a great place for some after dinner drinks, and the bartenders were always amazing at mixing you up drinks you've never heard of, that were delicious! The resturant always served delicious and beautiful dishes, satisfying everyone. Our beautiful rooms could not be more amazing and were always cleaned immaculately. We had a condo with two bedrooms, two bathrooms, living room, kitchen and the most amazing balcony I have ever seen. Waking up in my king size bed and going to sit on my balcony and watch the ocean was heaven. The VIP area on the beach made it easy to find a good spot and relax the day away! Lastly, the staff. Every single staff member we met at theMarival Residences was exceptionally amazing. They all were genuine and always did whatever they could to ensure we were happy. They were our best friends, and I would go back to the resort just to see them again. A special shout out to Patricia the waitress, Ivan the waiter, and Kevin the bell boy, who made us feel right at home and always made us laugh. This is how an all inclusive holiday should be done. Thank you Marival Residences.

Room Tip: The ocean view rooms were amazing, if you want to hear the waves, this is where you should be!!!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Traveler
We appreciate you taking the time to post a review of our resort on this web site. We certainly value guests' comments and we are very pleased that you have so thoroughly enjoyed your recent stay here. We look forward to having the pleasure to welcome you again in the near future.
Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

Stayed at the Marival June 20-25 for my son's wedding

Good--Atmosphere at hotel pretty, well maintained grounds. Loved the view of the pool and mountain area from our room. 2 Bedroom suite was spacious, clean and very comfortable. I did order a mattress topper for beds because of hardness of mattress and it was promptly delivered.
Food and Service were outstanding.

The Marival did a wonderful job of the wedding and reception afterward at the sister resort just down the beach.

Bad--Glad we were there with a group of people. We spent most of our time visiting and relaxing. If we did not have other people there to talk to it would have been a toooo quiet of a resort for my taste. Absolutely no entertainment so it is very low keyed which would be fine for some but I would have been bored after a day or two.

Ugly--The beach. If you love beautiful beaches this is a definite deal breaker. Although the beach was very long and the sand was firm so very walk able, it was not a pretty area. During our stay the water was murky and smelled like dead fish.

In summary, I would not go back to the Marival due to the lack of activity and ugly beach. But if you just want to lay back, be idle and pampered this may be a good choice for you.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear Traveler
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our resort on this web site. Guests's opinions are quite valuable to us, and your observations have been forwarded to management for proper attentiion and follow up. We look forward to having the opportunity to serve you again in the near future.
New York, NY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

After three amazing days at Marival last year, I convinced my husband to return again and stay for longer. Then I started counting down the days to our anniversary trip - the only vacation I take with my husband because his work schedule isn't vacation friendly.

Then I made a mistake.

We agreed to attend a 90 min sales presentation. A friend of mine has a timeshare and I wanted to just (and only) gather information. We were shuffled to four different people, one to register you & collect a $20 (refundable if you show up) fee, another to fill in a form & verify your age, one who actually shows you around & his boss. Time suck.

Two memorable quotes:
"This is not a timeshare"
"Are you two married? And to each other? You never know. Haha."

We go get breakfast with the salesman. He instantly butters up my husband, and asks me when I plan on having babies. Wow, are you kidding me? Little does he know, the financial roles are reversed for us and we don't want kids. Ever.

After touring Residences and Resorts, and sitting through a rather (deliberate I think) crude presentation written out on a notepad with different color markers (PowerPoint anyone??) I start to stare at his watch and count the minutes down to the end of this. We had to say no, three times. Then he lies and says his manager needs to vouch that he did his job & we said no, and to sit tight.

Another lie. His manager tries to sell us on a cheaper deal. At this point I have snapped twice at both of them and I am angry. Really angry. Like seeing red angry. Sales guy #1 goes,"we need to see a smile on that face."

Then they spring another guy on us (an extra 5 mins turns into 20) who is a downright [--]. Starts acting all bad cop. I suddenly think to myself, I don't have to keep sitting here and screw the free 55 min massages, I am a hotel guest, not a prisoner. So I storm out with my husband, and spent the rest of our day stewing. Unless you are prepared to commit to a timeshare, as in, pay on the spot, do not go.

We were booked in the exact same room as our last visit, and boy, it was not what I remembered. The A/C temp didn't go lower and we melted our first night. Also the A/C in the living room has to be tilted just so, otherwise you hear the clinking of the chandelier all night long.

Oh, and the card slot barely worked. We switched key cards and it still took several swipes to get that damned green light.

Service at the pool? Much slower than I recall. We ordered fries at one point and after waiting 45 mins, we gave up & had an early dinner instead. And yes, we tip, but that doesn't seem to make a difference.

The food is still good. But at our first night at dinner, our server refilled our wine glasses with the wrong type of wine. So I had a glass of Malbec/Shiraz/Merlot mix - undrinkable. And I recalled that Omaggio changed their theme every night, also not so. But the menu is extensive enough so you don't have to eat the same thing repeatedly.

The following day I get a call, asking if I would like to attend a sales presentation and get two free massages for it. Are you [--] kidding me?! I told him I already sat through a presentation just yesterday & said no. He replies,"That's for timeshare, this is for real estate." (Scroll up for memorable quotes) and so I slammed the phone down. Why his timeshare friends/co-workers couldn't tell him to stay away from us is beyond me.

The zip line adventure (on a more positive note) was fantastic. Bring your SUNGLASSES. Ignore the note on the receipt slip about bringing your bathing suit or towels (no need). Just wear what you would to the gym, and try to bring as little with you as possible. Also, be prepped to tip, those guys are awesome - they deserve it. We also ended up in eating at the restaurant where you start your trip (Rancho Las Vegas), and I had the best beef nachos ever. Yum. The car ride (up the mountain) is pretty treacherous, so sit in the first row if you get car sick of any kind - it helps to see where you're going. Bug spray is helpful too. They also have your photos + a DVD for sale for your zip lining adventure (again, bring cash!).

The checkout process was far from seamless this time around. I was given yet another lengthy survey form, and when I said to the receptionist, "I really don't want to fill this out, am I good to go?" She was on the phone THE ENTIRE TIME, and said,"Really? You don't?" to me. I relented and did it anyway and then waited, and waited. I'm like HERE are the bracelets, can we go now? Good lord. If she would just get off the phone and act like she's helping us checkout that would have been nice.

I hate that my review has changed, but there are so many factors that didn't go as well as the last visit, and I felt compelled to write an updated review.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
MarivalResorts, Marketing & Social Media at Marival Residences Luxury Resort Nuevo Vallarta Riviera Nayari, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Dear Guest
Thank you so much for taking the time to express your thoughts about your stay at Marival Residences & World SPA; we are certain that all the observations from our clients are very important as they help us to improve the quality of our services as we strive for excellence.
We would like to apologize for the inconvenience you may have had with our staff at the sales room; this is not our standard as to the way we take care of our guests. We would like to share with you that we do have special promotions through our Vacation Club department in order to offer our clients the possibility to be part of the Marival Group’s family. Our memberships have different options for you to enjoy your Holidays for a great price and they are very flexible with times, room assignation, seasons and much more. We are part of a selected group of resorts called Registry Collection Club, which allows you to travel around the World in all the Four Diamond Resorts, being an owner. We would love you to be part of us but we know this was not the way to start a good business relationship.
We would like to inform you that this case is already in the hands our Operations Vice President, in order to take specific actions with the staff and assure that what happened to you this time, does not ever happen again to any other of our selected guests.
We deeply regret any inconveniences that you may have encountered during your recent stay with us hopping the above will help soothe an unpleasant experience for which we would like to apologize again. All this feedback encourages us to continue improving our services to exceed the expectations of our clients.
We would love to welcome you to this, your home away from home, once again in the nearest future so you can give us the opportunity to show you how much we care about or guests. Please be so kind to contact our Chief Concierge chiefconcierge@marivalresidences.com he and his team will take care of all your requirements and comfort.

Been to Marival Residences Luxury Resort Nuevo Vallarta Riviera Nayari? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Marival Residences Luxury Resort Nuevo Vallarta Riviera Nayari

Address: Blvd Nuevo Vallarta y Paseo de los Cocoteros no 53, Nuevo Vallarta 63732, Mexico (Formerly Marival Residences & World Spa)
Location: Mexico > Pacific Coast > Nayarit > Riviera Nayarit > Nuevo Vallarta
Bar / Lounge Beach Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities ( Kid / Family Friendly ) Kitchenette Restaurant Room Service Spa Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#2 Business Hotel in Nuevo Vallarta
#3 On the Beach Hotel in Nuevo Vallarta
#3 Romantic Hotel in Nuevo Vallarta
#3 Luxury Hotel in Nuevo Vallarta
#3 Top resorts Hotel in Nuevo Vallarta
#3 Spa Hotel in Nuevo Vallarta
#4 Family Hotel in Nuevo Vallarta
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): $$$$
Hotel Class:4.5 star — Marival Residences Luxury Resort Nuevo Vallarta Riviera Nayari 4.5*
"There is nothing like the luxurious four diamond all inclusive Marival Residences & World Spa", WINNER OF THE 2012 TRAVELER'S CHOICE AWARDS #1 ALL INCLUSIVE RESORT! Unmatched accommodations, a food and beverage experience in a class by itself, a Free Tour and unlimited free golf at PGA courses are all included!Located in Riviera Nayarit's Nuevo Vallarta, this is the 1st all-inclusive resort to offer luxurious one to four bedroom Residences -- perfect for couples and families alike -- actual homes-away-from-home, spacious and inviting -- 1400 sq ft is the smallest! The all inclusive package is "seriously all inclusive" -- gourmet dining indoors and out, 24/7 room service, international wine bar, rooftop sky lounge and tapas restaurant, a Private full service VIP Beach Club, UNLIMITED rounds of golf at signature champoinship courses. Tour Time- Take One Free! Catamaran Sailing, Sea Lions, Zip Lining, Pueblos, Pub Crawl or City tours… PLUS, additional select tours like Dolphin Encounters from only $30..Romance is always in the air here, and free weddings and special honeymoon bonuses make it a perfect place to celebrate love. Families get the best of all worlds with separate bedrooms for the kids, a full activities program and even free nannies! Top all this off with the unique "world spa" featuring nine different therapy rooms and special treatments from around the world and it's easy to see why this resort is rated the #1 All Inclusive experience.Marival Residences & World Spa -- A world apart, in a class by itself! ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, BookIt.com, Despegar.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Marival Residences Luxury Resort Nuevo Vallarta Riviera Nayari reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Marival Vallarta
Marival Grand Club Suites Nuevo Vallarta
Marival Grand Hotel
Marival Vacation Club
Club Marival Mexico

If you own or manage Marival Residences Luxury Resort Nuevo Vallarta Riviera Nayari, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.