“Different with baby” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Marival Residences Luxury Resort Nuevo Vallarta Riviera Nayari

You added Marival Residences Luxury Resort Nuevo Vallarta Riviera Nayari to your Saves list
Marival Residences Luxury Resort Nuevo Vallarta Riviera Nayari
4.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Blvd Nuevo Vallarta y Paseo de los Cocoteros no 53, Nuevo Vallarta 63732, Mexico (Formerly Marival Residences & World Spa)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #3 of 25 Hotels in Nuevo Vallarta
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Different with baby”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

This was our third visit to Marival Residences and our first with our son, daughter-in-law and one-year-old grandson. We do love this place and are owners here, but were a little disappointed while traveling with the little guy. Though there were lots of children and infants, they seemed a little unprepared. Often times we had a long wait and had to ask several times for a high chair. Also, restaurants open fairly late (6:30 or 7) for babies. One night we ordered chicken fingers at Inzu for the little man, and they were the last to arrive. Thank goodness for Cheerios! Jesus at Omagio was awesome entertainment at breakfast, entertaining our grandson with with bird and animal noises and tricks. Food quality is awesome and hasn't changed much over the past three years.

As owners, we enjoyed free internet, laundry & room service, which was super. Since last year, some of the excursions have been eliminated and guests are eligible for just one per week. This was disappointing. Hopefully the other nice perks are not eliminated as well. We arrived on a Saturday and were encouraged to attend the members breakfast, which we declined. We weren't asked again during our stay.

On Sunday, there was a crush of people at the pool area. A special area was set up with appetizers and drinks, which I at first assumed was a golf group or wedding. Later we found out that the resort offered the Sunday brunch to non-guests for $20 or $25. The pool became very crowded and it was difficult to find lounge chairs as the group of outsiders camped out for most of the afternoon enjoying the food, drink and pool. Though the buffet & music was wonderful, the lines were long and it was very crowded. The non-guests thought it was the greatest deal and planned to come back the next week. I suppose it's a way to get folks in to see the resort and perhaps buy, but I wasn't a fan.

We visited the beach club twice. With the baby it wasn't all that convenient. Also food & drink wasn't served until close to noon. Keep that in mind and bring some water from the room if come in the morning. We found the service to be a bit slower than we remembered from previous years. One morning on our way to the beach, we visited the breakfast buffet at the sister resort. We found it to be surprisingly good. There was a huge variety of Mexican breakfast choices that weren't available at the Residences. We enjoyed our breakfast there and wished we had gone earlier in the week. Pizza slices on the way back to the shuttle were also great!

Thanks to our pool waiters Lucian, Wenz, and Patricia for great service. They are wonderful. We only came across one bad waiter at the outdoor buffet, an older guy who we nicknamed El Jefe who had an attitude. Not sure what his real name was.

I could go on, but would be reiterating what others have said. Instead I've mentioned some things that have changed or are different from other trips. Will we be back? Of course! I'm already booked for October.

Room Tip: Upper rooms have great views. Rooms in the center building get lots of afternoon sun and get warm.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
MarivalResorts, Marketing & Social Media at Marival Residences Luxury Resort Nuevo Vallarta Riviera Nayari, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Dear Traveler
Thank you for writing a review on this web site. Guests' opinions are quite valuable to us, especially when coming from a seasoned traveler. We look forward to welcoming you back in October.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (342)
Savannah, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

My husband and I just spent a week at the Marival Residences. We had a fantastic time! The resort is so lovely and serene. Our room was fantastic! We stayed in room 502 which had the roof with the lounge and pool. We didn't use it, really. The water was too warm in the pool since we were there in May. If we went during a little cooler weather, I think we would have used it more. The bed was very firm, but it was soft compared to other beds I have slept on in Mexico. We had no issues with it at all. The room had two bathrooms, which came in handy, and one had a washer and dryer which really came in handy!! They sell laundry detergent and fabric softener in the gift shop if you need it. Lots of closet and drawer space. The only problem we had in our room was about the third day, the air conditioner in our bedroom was leaking water. I immediately called the concierge and Paulino said he would send up maintenance to fix it. We left just a few minutes later to go to dinner. When we got back, the air conditioner was fixed and all the water was gone. Now that's service! We didn't have any other issues with it either for the rest of our stay. The cleaning service was perfect. Everyday we would walk back in to the room and it would smell clean and fresh. They also did turn down service, which is a very nice touch. The food and drinks at the resort are top notch, and you get a variety. Insu serves small plates (tapas) and has a small breakfast buffet with an omelet station until noon. Omaggio has a great variety of dishes for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, plus breakfast buffet (not sure if they have this every day). Lemongrass is convenient as you can order from your lounge chair at the pool or eat at a table. They also had a Sunday brunch buffet that they serve by the pool. The food at all three was very good. I want to send out a big thank you to Angel at the wine bar, Brunello!! He was awesome!! We would go back there in the evenings just to enjoy his company (and his drink mixing skills were top notch as well!). Brunello was a great lounging place. You can sit at the bar, sit at a table, sit on the couches, or go outside and enjoy the weather and scenery. Insu (the rooftop lounge) is also nice where you can watch the sunset. They have an infinity pool up there which is pretty neat. The bellboys are very helpful - thank you Ubaldo!! He brought us to our room when we got to the resort. He remembered our first names four days later. We spent three days just enjoying the VIP beach - which is at the sister resort. I wasn't sure about the resort not being right on the beach, but it was not an issue at all. Getting a ride over there was so easy (golf cart at the front of the lobby), and it took no time at all. The beach is beautiful (with indoor air conditioned bathroom too) and the service there is fantastic as well! Thank you so much Ernesto and Francisco! You two were awesome!! Their service was impeccable. You can order food there from your lounge chair as well. I had a veggie panini that was fantastic. Chips, salsa, and gaucamole were good too. I also want to mention the sister resort restaurants. We ate at the Mexican and Italian restaurants, which you have to make reservations for. They were both so yummy. The tortilla soup at Las Palomas was out of this world. I had pasta alla vodka at Amalfi, which was probably the best pasta dish I have ever had, EVER! Another shout out to Paulino the concierge who helped us reserve our excursions. We did a city tour and a Rhythm of the Nights dinner and show. It was FANTASTIC!! I could go on and on about how great this place is in more detail, but I don't have enough time. We would definitely go back!! I am recommending to others for sure!! We will miss our friends we made at the resort - Ubaldo, Paulino, Ernesto, Francisco, and the adorable Angel!! Awesome vacation!!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Traveler.
Thank you very much for posting such a comprehensive review of our resort on this web site. We certainly value your comments, and we are confident other travelers will also benefit from them. Looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Wellsville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

This was an amazing place! Quiet, relaxed, and exceptional service. Everything was amazing and what you would expect from a 4 diamond resort. The rooms were great. The food was great. And the staff was top notch. This was by far the best vacation I have ever taken. I cant wait to go back!

Room Tip: Higher floors have better views of the city and the resort.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
MarivalResorts, Marketing & Social Media at Marival Residences Luxury Resort Nuevo Vallarta Riviera Nayari, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Dear Traveler
Thank you for posting a review of our resort on this web site. We value your comments, and we believe other travelers will find them useful and informative as well. We look forward to having the opportunity to serve you again in the near future.
Tulsa, OK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

I used tripadvisor quite heavily when deciding on my vacation spot so I want to give a thorough review of my experience at Marival Residences.

I just got back from my honeymoon where we stayed 7 nights at the end of May. Overall, I had the best time imaginable and could not have asked for a more perfect vacation.

Airport – I read all the reviews and warnings about the airport and told my wife before we got there to walk straight outside with me and not stop for anyone. But they got me! We were actually a day late because of a delayed flight and the people in the airport straight up lied to me. They are very very good at what they do. After brushing aside 5 different people a man came chasing after us asking if we were his passengers for the shuttle and we were lucky he saw the vouchers in my hand (folded up) this sounded legit enough so I stopped and he seemed to know about us. So he told us to approach one of the reps to check in for our shuttle. After 5 minutes I soon realized I had been lied to and left him. He told us the shuttle would be here in 40 minutes and seemed to be in the know. They are all scammers out to make a few bucks off commission for setting you up with timeshare presentations. They will absolutely lie to you. My shuttle was outside the whole time and no check in was necessary. PLEASE heed the warning and walk straight outside once through customs. Just tell them your friend is picking you up and you see their car out there. DO NOT STOP
Resort – I was so impressed with the effort and time they spend to keep the resort clean. Inside and outside were perfectly maintained and they went above and beyond in cleaning. Our room was cleaned every day meticulously. The lady that cleaned our room took about 45 minutes to clean it up and down.
As others have said, this is not the resort to go to if you want a lot of nightlife and action. But the sister resort does offer that and you can go over there whenever you would like. I loved the setup because we got the best of both worlds. We wanted the quiet and peacefulness of the residences but one night we did go to the resort and watched the theater show and took part in the Mexican fiesta. The sister resort is only a couple minutes away and the shuttle goes back and forth constantly. We never had a very long wait to catch the next ride over.
The VIP beach club is at the sister resort and it is awesome. They have beach beds that we got every day but one and they are the best. You can lay down and relax in the shade with the wind blowing around you and waves in front of you. They also had plenty of lounge chairs available if you want some sun.

Food – I absolutely loved the food here. Insu is the tapas bar and just might have had the best food. I am adventurous in my food so I tried everything and the duck tacos were the best food I had all week. Omaggio is the place we ate at the most because of the breakfast buffet and dinner options. The breakfast buffet had fruit, breads, sausage, bacon, pancakes, French toast, scrambled eggs, and much more. For dinner they had theme nights most nights. Two nights they did the regular menu plus prime rib. One night was a Mexican menu and another night was an Italian menu. Everything we ate there was delicious and the bread is out of this world. Lemongrass is the outdoor grill around the pool and we only ate there during the day for afternoon snacks. We had dessert there and a couple of times we got some chips/guacamole and other small items to snack on. We had two meals at restaurants at the resort just to try them and they were great as well. I was very impressed with the menu and quality of food they provide.
Drinks were terrific as well. At the beach club it seemed like there was more alcohol in the drinks than poolside. The servers are all so great and you are constantly checked on to see if you would like anything to eat/drink. They also suggested drinks I had never heard of before and they were all so good.

Rooms – we got the penthouse suite and that did not disappoint. The view is absolutely incredible and the dipping pool is so relaxing. You have perfect views of the sunset and the rooms have everything you need. The beds are very firm, but we didn’t even use a mattress topper and we slept fine all week. They are not the stones that many make them out to be. And if they are too firm, toppers can be requested.

Other – my favorite part of the entire trip was the romantic dinner on the beach. If you are on a honeymoon package it is included and you absolutely need to take advantage of it. It blew my mind and exceeded my expectations by a mile. The setup is amazing and the service is second-to-none. Francisco was our server and we knew him from the beach club. Please do yourself a favor and get this dinner for two on the beach and request Francisco! It alone could have made out entire honeymoon.
Bring $1 bills to tip! I tipped about $100 while on the trip and your generosity is rewarded. The servers pay great attention to you regardless, but tippers do get a few more eyes watching their beverage levels.
We chose the catamaran cruise to Yelapa with snorkeling at Mahauritus as our tour. It was pretty cool to see the things we saw, but know that it is from 8-4 and you are on the boat for about 4.5 hours of the trip. It still was very neat to snorkel in the clear waters and you could see everything from baby octopus to balloon fish to starfish. Yelapa is a small fishing village and it was really neat to experience that. The locals fish and serve drinks and it’s a beautiful secluded place.
Haggle with the vendors! The will start out at a high price but you can get them down! We bought some really cool stuff and paid much less than half of what they first asked for.

Overall I really loved our trip. We will definitely be back to Marival in the future and I feel it is definitely worth the price.

Room Tip: Get the penthouse rooms with the private dipping pool. Fantastic views and very relaxing. Room 429 i...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Traveler
We would like to thank you for posting such a thorough review of our resort on this web site. Your opinion is very important to us, and we are certain other travelers also benefit from them. We are looking forward to welcoming you again in the near future.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

We stayed here at the end of May for 7 fabulous nights. Our friends stayed in the room next door. I have mostly great things to say about the resort but a few criticisms as well that I hope you find helpful. This resort is not cheap so I have written an extensive review about our time here.
First impressions - this is a clean well staffed resort. It not big or opulent though so if you were expecting that you may be disappointed. We were taken to a bar for check in and given drinks. Being Australian we are not usually targeted for time share but as this chain has time share in Asia we were offered that in a roundabout way. They never use the word timeshare so I had agreed to go. Later on my husband cancelled it when we worked out what it was and I didn't hear about it again.

Room - initially I was disappointed to be on the ground level with no view but I needn't have been. The 'quiet' pool was literally at our back sliding door with sun loungers and no one else used these loungers. It felt like our own private pool. It is slightly elevated from the main pool so there was no noise and rarely did others even use this pool. There was an outdoor setting on our patio too. The room is huge with a full kitchen, dining and living. Two bathrooms were appreciated as my husband could use the further one without waking me. Laundry facilities were welcome after 5 weeks of travelling. I also loved the ceiling fan in the bedroom. It was quiet and if you hung out the do not disturb sign you could sleep as long as you like. The sliding door is heavy and blocks out all noise. The Tv was good quality with a variety of American program's. the toiletries were good quality and replenished daily. The bed is hard as a rock but as other reviewers stated you can get a topper which I didn't bother with. We were in room 123.

Good - staff were friendly and mostly efficient. Drinks are of a good quality. My husband drank black label scotch and the cocktails were really nice particularly at Insu and Brunellis wine bar. We did have a laugh at the Australian wines available as they are definitely not our best wines and I would hate to think they represented our wine. The wine I did have though was lovely ( from USA)
The pools were really nice and a good temperature. No trouble whatsoever getting sun loungers. No towel passes which was great. The all inclusive bracelet is lovely but unfortunately you can't keep it. Food was a little mixed. Great tapas at Insu, great dinners at Omaggio. Breakfast is a la carte if you wish so you don't have to get up and down all the time. There is also a small buffet. Lovely quiet music is piped around. No one on mega phones doing activities in the pool. We thought that was nice. Went to the beach area one day at the sister resort but it was nothing special and I wanted to get back to our resort as soon as possible. I live on the beach so I did not mind that this resort is not on the beach but it is worth noting if that's what you're after. Had multiple spa treatments and they were fine. Did rhythm of the nights tour. Not worth it in my opinion. Takes about 8 hrs. 1.5 hrs of dinner and a 45 min show and the rest is boat travel. I didn't see any reason to leave the resort so didn't do any other tours. The gym is fantastic and has full Pilates beds. Breakfast is until 1200 which I liked.

The not so good - these are fairly minor but worth mentioning. The service at the 'quiet' pool was a bit sporadic. If you find a waiter just tip him generously and ask him to come back every so often for drinks. No swim up bar anywhere. The breakfast wasn't fantastic in my opinion. No omelet station but they had a full a la carte menu with omelettte on there. The toaster! You have to do this yourself and honestly you still end up with warm bread after toasting for ages. I like toast for breakfast with peanut butter but this is not available. The breads were ok and some mornings there were no bagels. I was killing for normal toast by the time I left. They need to upgrade the toaster urgently. Plenty of options for those who like eggs. The lunch menu was a little underwhelming. One criticism I have is the lack of Mexican food. There is some but not a lot. There are no nachos with melted cheese for example but they do tortilla chips with guacamole. Dinner was fantastic at Omaggio although the dinner rolls are not good. Tapas are lovely at Insu and we spent many hours there. Tipping is expected I think and compulsory for room service. Your are forever being asked your room number. After every meal they send the cheque in a folder with a pen and you have to sign. This was irritating at an all inclusive. Especially when you were ready to go and you had to wait for the waiter to bring you a fake bill. The spa was a. It confusing. They say come early to enjoy the spa but leave you in a robe in a room. I think they mean you can use the spa after your treatment. The spa looked a bit clinical for my liking. You get there early and just sit around in a robe waiting for ages. Have had better spa treatments although the staff were really nice. I feel they are too expensive for what they are though. There are no Mexican accents in the spa rooms. The treatment beds are very comfortable.
The quiet pool is not monitored and some days there were kids making an awful racket. Seriously people there is a kids pool. Please go there. I would have liked the quiet pool to be adults only. There are not enough umbrellas in general at the pools but this wasn't a huge issue for us.
A major criticism is wifi. $15 per day per device is incredibly steep. At least have free wifi in the lobby area. Service was a bit slow at times particularly getting drinks at the main pool. There is no entertainment at nights but this didn't bother us as we were with friends. You can go next door and eat their food but I thought next door was awful. I hope it's cheap. No problems with our bill at the end or anything.

Overall a great resort with a few minor annoyances. A more varied menu would be nice. We loved our stay though although we still have fond memories of Riu where we stayed last time as they had heaps of Mexican food. I rate it 8 out of ten.

• Stayed May 2013
Dear Traveler
Thank you for posting such a comprehensive review of your vacation experience at our resort on this web site. We appreciate you sharing your views with us and other travelers, who will certainly find them insightful and thorough. We would love to have the opportunity to serve you again in the near future.
Boulder, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

Marival Residences & World Spa is a lovely resort. The oversized rooms offered plenty of space including living area, kitchen and amazing balcony where we enjoyed sunsets, views of the pacific and tasty breakfasts. The attention to detail is noted in the accommodations and level of service. The food was high quality and fantastic. The Pina Colodas were the best I ever had. Their all-inclusive plan included golf and some great excursions along with all meals and drinks-it was a great value. We spent a lot of time at the beach club which is a short walk from the resort. We had wonderful time and look forward to our next visit.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Traveler.
Thank you for posting a review of our resort on this web site. Our guests' opinion is highly valuable to us, as we constantly strive for excellence. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Burleson, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Our stay at the Marival Residences & World Spa was the best vacation ever. We have never stayed at a more amazing place. The food was 5 Star, the staff like old friends, and the accomodations, better than anyplace we have ever stayed. No more Hawaii, we are returning to the Marival as soon as we can. My family and I loved everything about our stay, especially the staff. My thanks to Carlos, Mishele, Fernando, Patricia, Hector, Adrian, and everyone there that I met. It is truly a WORLD CLASS DESTINATION!!!
Go to the Insu for sunsets, and Tapas. They cannot be beat.
Can't wait to return, and tell everyone that I know, this is the place to go.
Thanks again, Treye P, Burleson, Tx.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
MarivalResorts, Marketing & Social Media at Marival Residences Luxury Resort Nuevo Vallarta Riviera Nayari, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Dear Traveler
Thank you for posting a review of our resort on this web site. Your comments are very important to us, and we are certain other travelers can benefit from them as well. We look forward to having the opportunity to serve you again in the near future.

Been to Marival Residences Luxury Resort Nuevo Vallarta Riviera Nayari? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Marival Residences Luxury Resort Nuevo Vallarta Riviera Nayari

Address: Blvd Nuevo Vallarta y Paseo de los Cocoteros no 53, Nuevo Vallarta 63732, Mexico (Formerly Marival Residences & World Spa)
Location: Mexico > Pacific Coast > Nayarit > Riviera Nayarit > Nuevo Vallarta
Bar / Lounge Beach Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities ( Kid / Family Friendly ) Kitchenette Restaurant Room Service Spa Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#2 Business Hotel in Nuevo Vallarta
#3 Romantic Hotel in Nuevo Vallarta
#3 Luxury Hotel in Nuevo Vallarta
#3 On the Beach Hotel in Nuevo Vallarta
#3 Spa Hotel in Nuevo Vallarta
#3 Top resorts Hotel in Nuevo Vallarta
#4 Family Hotel in Nuevo Vallarta
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): $$$
Hotel Class:4.5 star — Marival Residences Luxury Resort Nuevo Vallarta Riviera Nayari 4.5*
"There is nothing like the luxurious four diamond all inclusive Marival Residences & World Spa", WINNER OF THE 2012 TRAVELER'S CHOICE AWARDS #1 ALL INCLUSIVE RESORT! Unmatched accommodations, a food and beverage experience in a class by itself, a Free Tour and unlimited free golf at PGA courses are all included!Located in Riviera Nayarit's Nuevo Vallarta, this is the 1st all-inclusive resort to offer luxurious one to four bedroom Residences -- perfect for couples and families alike -- actual homes-away-from-home, spacious and inviting -- 1400 sq ft is the smallest! The all inclusive package is "seriously all inclusive" -- gourmet dining indoors and out, 24/7 room service, international wine bar, rooftop sky lounge and tapas restaurant, a Private full service VIP Beach Club, UNLIMITED rounds of golf at signature champoinship courses. Tour Time- Take One Free! Catamaran Sailing, Sea Lions, Zip Lining, Pueblos, Pub Crawl or City tours… PLUS, additional select tours like Dolphin Encounters from only $30..Romance is always in the air here, and free weddings and special honeymoon bonuses make it a perfect place to celebrate love. Families get the best of all worlds with separate bedrooms for the kids, a full activities program and even free nannies! Top all this off with the unique "world spa" featuring nine different therapy rooms and special treatments from around the world and it's easy to see why this resort is rated the #1 All Inclusive experience.Marival Residences & World Spa -- A world apart, in a class by itself! ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Otel, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Marival Residences Luxury Resort Nuevo Vallarta Riviera Nayari reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Marival Vallarta
Marival Grand Club Suites Nuevo Vallarta
Marival Grand Hotel
Marival Vacation Club
Club Marival Mexico

If you own or manage Marival Residences Luxury Resort Nuevo Vallarta Riviera Nayari, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.