This was our third visit to Marival Residences and our first with our son, daughter-in-law and one-year-old grandson. We do love this place and are owners here, but were a little disappointed while traveling with the little guy. Though there were lots of children and infants, they seemed a little unprepared. Often times we had a long wait and had to ask several times for a high chair. Also, restaurants open fairly late (6:30 or 7) for babies. One night we ordered chicken fingers at Inzu for the little man, and they were the last to arrive. Thank goodness for Cheerios! Jesus at Omagio was awesome entertainment at breakfast, entertaining our grandson with with bird and animal noises and tricks. Food quality is awesome and hasn't changed much over the past three years.
As owners, we enjoyed free internet, laundry & room service, which was super. Since last year, some of the excursions have been eliminated and guests are eligible for just one per week. This was disappointing. Hopefully the other nice perks are not eliminated as well. We arrived on a Saturday and were encouraged to attend the members breakfast, which we declined. We weren't asked again during our stay.
On Sunday, there was a crush of people at the pool area. A special area was set up with appetizers and drinks, which I at first assumed was a golf group or wedding. Later we found out that the resort offered the Sunday brunch to non-guests for $20 or $25. The pool became very crowded and it was difficult to find lounge chairs as the group of outsiders camped out for most of the afternoon enjoying the food, drink and pool. Though the buffet & music was wonderful, the lines were long and it was very crowded. The non-guests thought it was the greatest deal and planned to come back the next week. I suppose it's a way to get folks in to see the resort and perhaps buy, but I wasn't a fan.
We visited the beach club twice. With the baby it wasn't all that convenient. Also food & drink wasn't served until close to noon. Keep that in mind and bring some water from the room if come in the morning. We found the service to be a bit slower than we remembered from previous years. One morning on our way to the beach, we visited the breakfast buffet at the sister resort. We found it to be surprisingly good. There was a huge variety of Mexican breakfast choices that weren't available at the Residences. We enjoyed our breakfast there and wished we had gone earlier in the week. Pizza slices on the way back to the shuttle were also great!
Thanks to our pool waiters Lucian, Wenz, and Patricia for great service. They are wonderful. We only came across one bad waiter at the outdoor buffet, an older guy who we nicknamed El Jefe who had an attitude. Not sure what his real name was.
I could go on, but would be reiterating what others have said. Instead I've mentioned some things that have changed or are different from other trips. Will we be back? Of course! I'm already booked for October.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- "There is nothing like the luxurious four diamond all inclusive Marival Residences Luxury Resort", WINNER OF Best Luxury, Best Family, Excellence and Travelers' Choice awards! Unmatched accommodations, a food and beverage experience in a class by itself, a Free Tour and unlimited free golf at PGA courses are all included!Located in Riviera Nayarit's Nuevo Vallarta, this is the 1st all-inclusive resort to offer luxurious one to four bedroom Residences -- perfect for couples and families alike -- actual homes-away-from-home, spacious and inviting -- 1400 sq ft is the smallest! The all inclusive package is "seriously all inclusive" -- gourmet dining indoors and out, 24/7 room service, international wine bar, rooftop sky lounge and tapas restaurant, a Private full service VIP Beach Club, UNLIMITED rounds of golf at signature champoinship courses. Tour Time- Take One Free! Catamaran Sailing, Sea Lions, Zip Lining, Pueblos, Pub Crawl or City tours... PLUS, additional select tours like Dolphin Encounters from only $30..Romance is always in the air here, and free weddings and special honeymoon bonuses make it a perfect place to celebrate love. Families get the best of all worlds with separate bedrooms for the kids, a full activities program and even free nannies! Top all this off with the unique "world spa" featuring nine different therapy rooms and special treatments from around the world and it's easy to see why this resort is rated the #1 All Inclusive experience.Marival Residences Luxury Resort -- A world apart, in a class by itself! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, BookIt.com, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Odigeo, Low Cost Holidays, Otel and Jetsetter so you can book your Marival Residences Luxury Resort Nuevo Vallarta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marival Vallarta
- Marival Club
- Grand Marival Nuevo Vallarta
- Marival Nuevo Vallarta
- Grand Marival Mexico
- Nuevo Vallarta Marival
- Marival Grand Club Suites Nuevo Vallarta
- Marival Grand Hotel
- Marival Vacation Club
- Club Marival Mexico