We stayed in a 1 bdrm penthouse from Nov. 10-18. As one can see from the majority of the reviews, the rooms are almost unbeatable. Spacious, washer/dryer, plunge pool, fridge and stove if needed. Great rooms. The staff are terrific. Everyone we encountered was positive and helpful, which can be a challenge when the resort is at capacity(whcih I will discuss below). The shuttle or walk to the other resort and beach club was no problem for us, and we actually enjoyed the walk along the beach to get there or back. Although not the brilliant blue waters of the mayan, the beach was great, and you could walk forever in either direction.
We took advantage of the free Sea LIon encounter, which was awesome, and the Rhythm of the Night show which was very good as well. I very much enjoyed the food. The restaurants are a step above your typical all-inclusive, and I found being provided with a bill at the end where I could leave a tip was great. Didnt have to carry around that wad of one dollar bills, or 20 dollar
pesos. For these reasons and more, I gave the resort an excellent rating.
the only issue and surprise I ran into was how busy and full of young adults the resort was. Obviously, nothing the resort can do about this, but it was not the older, quieter crowd that I was led to believe I would encounter from reading all these reviews. I'm aware that there were at least 3 weddings of younger adults, which were larger groups(46 in one wedding party) during our week. Young adults like to have fun, and why not! A wedding is a special time and all should enjoy themselves. Unfortuneately, myself and my wife wanted to enjoy sitting up in the skybar lounge most evening, to have a drink and listen to some music. Because of the large number of primarily young wedding party guests, most nights we were packed, with seats being hard to find. They certainly took advantage of the free alcohol and were extremely loud and dominated the entire bar. There was even vomit on the floor of the bar on one occasion. Again, not their fault. they are young and enjoying a wedding, but it made it quite uncomfortable for us to remain up there for any length of time. Again, our problem, not theirs, just not what I had expected or hoped for with our evenings. I believe as well that as the resort was a full capacity, the service was stretched abit, so that the wait for food was maybe a little longer than it would be if the hotel was less full.
Overall, a great trip and a beautiful resort with absolutely perfect weather. i would love to come again when the resort is just a little less busy.
- Also Known As:
- Marival Resort
- Marival Vallarta
- Grand Marival
- Marival Club
- Marival Resort Suites Nuevo Vallarta
- Marival Grand Club Suites
- Grand Marival Nuevo Vallarta
- Marival Grand & Club Suites
- Marival Nuevo Vallarta
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- "There is nothing like the luxurious four diamond all inclusive Marival Residences & World Spa", WINNER OF THE 2012 TRAVELER'S CHOICE AWARDS #1 ALL INCLUSIVE RESORT! Unmatched accommodations, a food and beverage experience in a class by itself, six of the area's most popular excursions and unlimited free golf at PGA courses are all included!Located in Riviera Nayarit's Nuevo Vallarta, this is the 1st all-inclusive resort to offer luxurious one to four bedroom Residences -- perfect for couples and families alike -- actual homes-away-from-home, spacious and inviting -- 1400 sq ft is the smallest! The all inclusive package is "seriously all inclusive" -- gourmet dining indoors and out, 24/7 room service, international wine bar, rooftop sky lounge and tapas restaurant, a Private full service VIP Beach Club, UNLIMITED rounds of golf at signature champoinship courses. Tour Time- Take One Free! Catamaran Sailing, Sea Lions, Zip Lining, Pueblos, Pub Crawl or City tours… PLUS, additional select tours like Dolphin Encounters from only $30..Romance is always in the air here, and free weddings and special honeymoon bonuses make it a perfect place to celebrate love. Families get the best of all worlds with separate bedrooms for the kids, a full activities program and even free nannies! Top all this off with the unique "world spa" featuring nine different therapy rooms and special treatments from around the world and it's easy to see why this resort is rated the #1 All Inclusive experience.Marival Residences & World Spa -- A world apart, in a class by itself! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Venere, Otel, EasyToBook, Priceline, Agoda and Tingo so you can book your Marival Residences & World Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.