Save Saved
You added Marival Residences Luxury Resort Nuevo Vallarta Riviera Nayari to your Saves list
Marival Residences Luxury Resort Nuevo Vallarta Riviera Nayari
4.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Blvd Nuevo Vallarta y Paseo de los Cocoteros no 53, Nuevo Vallarta 63732, Mexico (Formerly Marival Residences & World Spa)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #3 of 24 hotels in Nuevo Vallarta
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Love It!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2012

My husband & I visited Marival Residences & World Spa from March 10 to 17. This was our second visit, which was just as outstanding as our first. We were happy to find that some of the same staff was still there. Inquiring about this, we were told that the employees are happy to work there. They work hard as does management. The head concierge seemed to be there 24/7. We were told that the resort is under new ownership and we met one of the new owners. Hopefully they continue the commitment to happiness of both guests and employees.

On arrival at the airport, we were met by TrafficTours, which I arranged through the resort for $25. We were taken by cab to the Marival. Actually, it would have been less expensive to take a cab on our own, which we did on our return to the airport for $16. When we arrived at the Marival, we were taken to Brunello Wine Bar and given a drink and some cool towels while waiting for check-in. As part of the check-in we were induced to attend a short meeting to learn about some new programs aka timeshare presentation. We are already members of the Marival Grand, so decided to attend and ended up upgrading our membership. We love the Residences so much that we would never want to stay at the Grand.

We did the all-inclusive option, which I think is the way to go. The food and service were outstanding. Since last year, they’ve added an outdoor buffet option which was available for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Pool service was great. Wenz & Ricardo are the best at keeping drinks full! The tapas at Insu are fantastic. Make sure you get the potstickers and spring rolls.

Our suite was one bedroom with two bathrooms. Very spacious, clean and beautifully decorated. The kitchen is sparsely equipped. If you don’t do the all-inclusive, it would be pretty difficult to cook much of anything. There wasn’t even a toaster, though there was a blender. We talked to a couple who did the non-inclusive for a week and they called the front desk to request more utensils and equipment which was brought to them. One minor complaint was that our fridge wasn't stocked with beer. I left a note for houskeeping and was told I had to call room service. We were charged a small surcharge for room service. I don't remember that last year.

Though we generally love to hang out at the beach, we only went to the beach club one day. Service and food were excellent. It was just so easy for us to hang at the pool that we didn’t make the effort to go to the beach club. The resort isn’t right on the beach, but it’s really not any less convenient that at some other resorts we’ve stayed at where we had to walk a distance to get to the beach. The golf carts make it easy and we love to pick up a piece of pizza at the outdoor restaurant at the Grand on our way to or from the Beach Club.

Since we took advantage of many of the excursions last year, the only one we scheduled was the Sunset Cruise. It was very enjoyable and nice meeting people from other resorts. We were served some appetizers (not very appetizing) and drinks were plentiful. Since I had credits from the timeshare presentation, I went for an 85 minute Therapeutic Massage. Naomi, also there last year, is about a good as you can get! Make sure you ask for her. You won’t be disappointed.

One caution: don’t use the ATM at the resort! My husband needed some cash for a fishing trip, so we used the machine downstairs from the lobby. We took out $200, which we received in dollars and were charged a small ATM fee, but when I got my bank statement, $233.25 was deducted from my account. What a pain to try to get that straightened out!

We really love this place and look forward to returning again and again!

Room Tip: Rooms on the upper floors have an ocean view, but our second floor room was still nice.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
MarivalResorts, Marketing & Social Media at Marival Residences Luxury Resort Nuevo Vallarta Riviera Nayari, responded to this review, April 19, 2012
Dear Traveler, Thank you for a very comprehensive review; your comments are quite valuable to us as they help us identify areas of opportunity as we strive to give our guests their best possible vacation experience.

916 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (306)
Spokane, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2012

My family and me ( 2 adults and three 9 year old kids ) recently returned from a 10 day vaccation at this hotel. Having travelled and " vaccationed " all over the world we consider this hotel one of the best in regard to quality, price and family friendlyness. The service and the food quality is outstanding. We booked an All Inclusive Plus Package which allowed us to be within our budget. Even at the beach they were serving food and drinks ( even a buffet was there ) right into the VIP area. The beach itself was nice but occasionaly we had higher waves. Although there are life guards on duty. The kids loved it, specially the staff was very friendly, funny and caring for them. We like to thank Mandy ( Manuel ), from the Lemon Grass, Jesus, Felipe, El Gato ( Miau ) and all the others for their outstanding service. We will be there again next year. And they had very good Margharitas, beer and Wine from Chile and Argentinia.

Viva el Mexico!

Joe W. Lumetzberger

Room Tip: Room 425 has a good sea view 3 TV`s, 2 bathrooms, kitchen, huge Dining Room, huge Balcony etccccccc...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Dear Traveler: Thank you very much for your comments. We look forward to seeing you here again next year.
Edmonton, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2012

We loved this resort. However it took us a couple of days to get over the fact that it was not exactly as advertised. The only amenities at the resort were the pool (gorgeous) one tennis court and a workout/gym area and spa. At first my four kids (ages 11 to 16) were very disappointed as we all thought we were getting the water sports, activities, games, teen club, beach access, etc. as advertised. These activities are NOT AT THIS HOTEL and the hotel is NOT ON THE BEACH - they (and the beach) are at the sister hotel a 10 minute walk away! While there is a shuttle back and forth between the hotels, it completely took the spontaneity out of being able to have a quick ping pong game, play on the beach etc, as it meant packing up provisions and then shuttling over to the other resort. Nevertheless after a few days we got going on the excursions and the kids got into just relaxing by the pool. I would also add that as we had paid for the all-inclusive package we felt we should eat our meals at the hotel. We found that by day seven we had tried virtually everything on the menu as there was very little variation in the hotel menus from day to day. That being said the food was excellent and beautifully presented. We highly recommend the excursions - we did the zip line, dolphin and sea lion encounters and the catamaran snorkel cruise. We had a blast and other than the sales pressure to buy the photos and dvds (especially at the zip line where we were practically captive unless we spent some money on either food, photos, dvds, bottles of tequila and tips for all staff) I would highly recommend them. Also note on the zip line - the road to the site is treacherous (think narrow road on the edge of a cliff) and it is not a double cable as we expected so if you are at all safety conscious you will have a problem with this one. The service at the hotel was mostly very good. The food often didn't come out of the kitchen at the same time for everyone or else all courses would come all at once plus we noted the staff serving drinks around the pool were selectively attentive depending on number of kids you had needing refreshment and whether or not you were a paying customer or one of the all-inclusive patrons. Besides these minor complaints this is a fabulous hotel if you want a quiet and elegant resort with spa music in the background rather than a wild all-inclusive experience. Rooms were exceptionally clean, nicely furnished and overall outstanding. All rooms seem to have a kitchen, dining table, sitting area and between one and four bedrooms so they are especially great for a large family or group traveling together. As long as you are not looking for around the clock activity and enjoy quiet relaxation in a beautiful setting you will love this hotel.

Room Tip: All rooms face the pool and ocean. Lower rooms do not have an ocean view. Rooms are condo style ra...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for posting a review on this site. Your comments are valuable to us as they are to other travelers.
New Albany, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2012

My family (wife, son, and her sister) and I just got back from a 7 day trip to Nuevo Vallarta; we got to stay at this very nice property tucked away from the rest of the craziness just off the beach…
My wife was shocked when we got to the hotel and it wasn’t on the beach, even though she booked it and read several TA Reviews… Not to worry the beach was a golf cart ride away to the other Marival Resort (a bigger more ‘mass’ resort) and we had our private section of the beach where service, food, and amenities where much better.
Pluses: The Bell staff was very responsive and often times the only guys who knew me by name. The Concierge was very courteous and helpful but not always thinking of the next best thing or looking out for something we would like outside the normal offerings of activities and food, this is what sets apart the 5 Diamonds from the 4 (this is a 4). The food quality at the resort was great and always fresh with a good offering of local flavor as well as continental. Pool was well laid out and very clean…
Minuses: The biggest issue I had with this entire resort was the bed! This was the hardest bed I have ever slept on... I spent one hour trying to look for some sort of remote control that would change the softness as I couldn’t believe how stiff it was. I asked the front desk after calling housekeeping a couple time and they brought a cheaper foam cover. That helped some but not enough! If you have issues with sleeping, beds, or are used to “Heavenly” type beds; Avoid this resort! Unfortunately this was not my only issue… My toilet was clogged for 5-6 hours one day, and after multiple calls we final got a plunger that I had to use myself to un-clog.
Resort staff was very friendly but I got the feeling they didn't appear to have service training, they were ok with kindness and the basics but didn't know how to predict needs. This prediction of needs I would only expect at a resort looking to sway new owners… Bring cash as tipping is a must if you want good (to better) service this was not included in the All Inclusive.
Enough about the lower than expected service levels; we had a gorgeous pool, amazing Tour Packages (Vallarta Adventures), and a great golf course (Nicklas’ Vista Vallarta).

Room Tip: All rooms had good view of pool... Higher rooms were better as they see the ocean. Remember the hote...
Calgary
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2012

My husband and I travelled to Marival on short notice looking for a quiet, relaxing all inclusive. Marival Residences did not disappoint. We loved this resort. We had a one bedroom on the third floor which did not have much of an ocean view but you could still hear the sounds of the ocean. The food and service was exceptional. The fact that the resort is not on the ocean did not bother us. It is a quick walk out the back gate and down the street a block or two. Once you are at the beach it is a few more minutes to the resort. The beach is fabulous for long walks. I cannot say enough great things about this resort. We will be back.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Georgetown, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2012

I recently returned from a week with my family at the Marival residence and world class spa. The age range in our group was 69 to 5. Everyone had a wonderful time. We used The VIP beach at the Marival every day. While we adults relaxed or walked the beach the children enjoyed the included boogie boards or the slides in kids pool. The food was delicious. Try the crab avocado gazpacho at the beach. The roof top tapas bar was amazing. The rooms were spacious,comfortable and well maintained. I also enjoyed a massage and facial at the spa. A lovely experience. Great day trips, particularly the dolphins, the day trip to yelapa and the great golf courses.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
MarivalResorts, Marketing & Social Media at Marival Residences Luxury Resort Nuevo Vallarta Riviera Nayari, responded to this review, April 10, 2012
Thank you for your review, we are encouraged by your comments. We look forward to your return.
eagan, mn
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2012

My family and I, along with 3 other families, recently returned from a wonderful week's stay at the Marival Residences and World Spa. We had read all of the great reviews and were excited, yet skeptical, wondering if this resort could truly be a nice as everyone said it was. I am happy to say that it is a great place to spend a relaxing vacation. We had a two-bedroom unit that didn't have much of a view (other rooms do but we were stuck on the first floor) but the room was decorated very nicely and there was plenty of room for my wife and I along with our two kids ages 10 and 12.

One of the best things about this resort was the service we received. Whether it was Ricardo or Wenslacoa taking care of us by the pool or Ernesto bringing us whatever we wanted at the beach, we all commented on how wonderful the service was.

I would suggest sticking with the restaurants at the Residences, however. The other Marival property is okay but the Residences and World Spa is lot nicer by far! However, since the Residences is a smaller resort, the pool is smaller and there isn't as much activity which was perfectly fine with us.

I would highly recommend this place if you want to relax, be pampered, have some good food, and enjoy a great time.

Room Tip: The beds are hard. Ask for an egg-crate foam top to be brought to your room and put on your bed. T...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
We are glad to hear you had such a great time with us, and look forward to having you visit us again!

Been to Marival Residences Luxury Resort Nuevo Vallarta Riviera Nayari? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Marival Residences Luxury Resort Nuevo Vallarta Riviera Nayari

Address: Blvd Nuevo Vallarta y Paseo de los Cocoteros no 53, Nuevo Vallarta 63732, Mexico (Formerly Marival Residences & World Spa)
Location: Mexico > Pacific Coast > Nayarit > Riviera Nayarit > Nuevo Vallarta
Bar / Lounge Beach Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities ( Kid / Family Friendly ) Kitchenette Restaurant Room Service Spa Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#2 Business Hotel in Nuevo Vallarta
#3 Luxury Hotel in Nuevo Vallarta
#3 Romantic Hotel in Nuevo Vallarta
#3 On the Beach Hotel in Nuevo Vallarta
#3 Spa Hotel in Nuevo Vallarta
#3 Top resorts Hotel in Nuevo Vallarta
#4 Family Hotel in Nuevo Vallarta
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): $$$
Hotel Class:4.5 star — Marival Residences Luxury Resort Nuevo Vallarta Riviera Nayari 4.5*
"There is nothing like the luxurious four diamond all inclusive Marival Residences & World Spa", WINNER OF THE 2012 TRAVELER'S CHOICE AWARDS #1 ALL INCLUSIVE RESORT! Unmatched accommodations, a food and beverage experience in a class by itself, a Free Tour and unlimited free golf at PGA courses are all included!Located in Riviera Nayarit's Nuevo Vallarta, this is the 1st all-inclusive resort to offer luxurious one to four bedroom Residences -- perfect for couples and families alike -- actual homes-away-from-home, spacious and inviting -- 1400 sq ft is the smallest! The all inclusive package is "seriously all inclusive" -- gourmet dining indoors and out, 24/7 room service, international wine bar, rooftop sky lounge and tapas restaurant, a Private full service VIP Beach Club, UNLIMITED rounds of golf at signature champoinship courses. Tour Time- Take One Free! Catamaran Sailing, Sea Lions, Zip Lining, Pueblos, Pub Crawl or City tours… PLUS, additional select tours like Dolphin Encounters from only $30..Romance is always in the air here, and free weddings and special honeymoon bonuses make it a perfect place to celebrate love. Families get the best of all worlds with separate bedrooms for the kids, a full activities program and even free nannies! Top all this off with the unique "world spa" featuring nine different therapy rooms and special treatments from around the world and it's easy to see why this resort is rated the #1 All Inclusive experience.Marival Residences & World Spa -- A world apart, in a class by itself! ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Tingo, Priceline, Travelocity, BookIt.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Hotels.com, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Marival Residences Luxury Resort Nuevo Vallarta Riviera Nayari reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Marival Vallarta
Marival Grand Club Suites Nuevo Vallarta
Marival Grand Hotel
Marival Vacation Club
Club Marival Mexico

If you own or manage Marival Residences Luxury Resort Nuevo Vallarta Riviera Nayari, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.