My husband & I visited Marival Residences & World Spa from March 10 to 17. This was our second visit, which was just as outstanding as our first. We were happy to find that some of the same staff was still there. Inquiring about this, we were told that the employees are happy to work there. They work hard as does management. The head concierge seemed to be there 24/7. We were told that the resort is under new ownership and we met one of the new owners. Hopefully they continue the commitment to happiness of both guests and employees.
On arrival at the airport, we were met by TrafficTours, which I arranged through the resort for $25. We were taken by cab to the Marival. Actually, it would have been less expensive to take a cab on our own, which we did on our return to the airport for $16. When we arrived at the Marival, we were taken to Brunello Wine Bar and given a drink and some cool towels while waiting for check-in. As part of the check-in we were induced to attend a short meeting to learn about some new programs aka timeshare presentation. We are already members of the Marival Grand, so decided to attend and ended up upgrading our membership. We love the Residences so much that we would never want to stay at the Grand.
We did the all-inclusive option, which I think is the way to go. The food and service were outstanding. Since last year, they’ve added an outdoor buffet option which was available for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Pool service was great. Wenz & Ricardo are the best at keeping drinks full! The tapas at Insu are fantastic. Make sure you get the potstickers and spring rolls.
Our suite was one bedroom with two bathrooms. Very spacious, clean and beautifully decorated. The kitchen is sparsely equipped. If you don’t do the all-inclusive, it would be pretty difficult to cook much of anything. There wasn’t even a toaster, though there was a blender. We talked to a couple who did the non-inclusive for a week and they called the front desk to request more utensils and equipment which was brought to them. One minor complaint was that our fridge wasn't stocked with beer. I left a note for houskeeping and was told I had to call room service. We were charged a small surcharge for room service. I don't remember that last year.
Though we generally love to hang out at the beach, we only went to the beach club one day. Service and food were excellent. It was just so easy for us to hang at the pool that we didn’t make the effort to go to the beach club. The resort isn’t right on the beach, but it’s really not any less convenient that at some other resorts we’ve stayed at where we had to walk a distance to get to the beach. The golf carts make it easy and we love to pick up a piece of pizza at the outdoor restaurant at the Grand on our way to or from the Beach Club.
Since we took advantage of many of the excursions last year, the only one we scheduled was the Sunset Cruise. It was very enjoyable and nice meeting people from other resorts. We were served some appetizers (not very appetizing) and drinks were plentiful. Since I had credits from the timeshare presentation, I went for an 85 minute Therapeutic Massage. Naomi, also there last year, is about a good as you can get! Make sure you ask for her. You won’t be disappointed.
One caution: don’t use the ATM at the resort! My husband needed some cash for a fishing trip, so we used the machine downstairs from the lobby. We took out $200, which we received in dollars and were charged a small ATM fee, but when I got my bank statement, $233.25 was deducted from my account. What a pain to try to get that straightened out!
We really love this place and look forward to returning again and again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- "There is nothing like the luxurious four diamond all inclusive Marival Residences Luxury Resort", WINNER OF Best Luxury, Best Family, Excellence and Travelers' Choice awards! Unmatched accommodations, a food and beverage experience in a class by itself, a Free Tour and unlimited free golf at PGA courses are all included!Located in Riviera Nayarit's Nuevo Vallarta, this is the 1st all-inclusive resort to offer luxurious one to four bedroom Residences -- perfect for couples and families alike -- actual homes-away-from-home, spacious and inviting -- 1400 sq ft is the smallest! The all inclusive package is "seriously all inclusive" -- gourmet dining indoors and out, 24/7 room service, international wine bar, rooftop sky lounge and tapas restaurant, a Private full service VIP Beach Club, UNLIMITED rounds of golf at signature champoinship courses. Tour Time- Take One Free! Catamaran Sailing, Sea Lions, Zip Lining, Pueblos, Pub Crawl or City tours... PLUS, additional select tours like Dolphin Encounters from only $30..Romance is always in the air here, and free weddings and special honeymoon bonuses make it a perfect place to celebrate love. Families get the best of all worlds with separate bedrooms for the kids, a full activities program and even free nannies! Top all this off with the unique "world spa" featuring nine different therapy rooms and special treatments from around the world and it's easy to see why this resort is rated the #1 All Inclusive experience.Marival Residences Luxury Resort -- A world apart, in a class by itself! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, BookIt.com, TripOnline SA, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Priceline, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Marival Residences Luxury Resort Nuevo Vallarta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marival Vallarta
- Marival Club
- Grand Marival Nuevo Vallarta
- Marival Nuevo Vallarta
- Grand Marival Mexico
- Nuevo Vallarta Marival
- Marival Grand Club Suites Nuevo Vallarta
- Marival Grand Hotel
- Marival Vacation Club
- Club Marival Mexico