“Amazing Hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hard Rock Hotel Vallarta

You added Hard Rock Hotel Vallarta to your Saves list
Hard Rock Hotel Vallarta
4.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Paseo de los Cocoteros 19 - Villa 8 | Bahia de Banderas, Nuevo Vallarta 63732, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
up to 40% Off
Ranked #4 of 25 Hotels in Nuevo Vallarta
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Amazing Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2014

Lovely hotel and welcome by reception. Rooms a bit noisy but did not disturb sleep. Fantastic music in every room. Food choices excellent, no queues and staff helpful and polite. Pool and beach waiters are amazing. Special thanks to Canario and Rosie (from your welsh family) who gave special service every day of our 14 days. We will be back !!

Room Tip: Pick a high level floor
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Luis E, General Manager at Hard Rock Hotel Vallarta, responded to this review, August 23, 2014
Dear Lisa C

Wow! I loved your Sweet review, Thank you very much for sharing your awesome experience with us. Nothing rocks our world more than hearing that you enjoyed every moment of your vacation. It is reassuring to hear that the staff members, Canario and Rosy did an awesome job, we appreciate the great comments about them, we will let them know that rocked your world! The staff is the heart and soul of our resort and they work hard to make our dear rockers feel like diamonds!

Hard Rock Hotel Vallarta

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (361)
Greeley, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2014

We again had a wonderful experience at a Hard Rock. The rooms on the 8th floor were amazing and greatly attended by Armando(?). He is by FAR the best housekeeper I have ever had. Our personal vacation planner was most attentive and left us to our privacy when we weren't interested in anything. So thanks to Alfredo for making excellent choices in excursions. By far the best waitstaff is ROSY This lady hustles non-stop from the time you sit until the time you go in. Look for her down on the beach. Even when we moved to the pool she would check on our needs. The restaurants are the same name as Punta Cana although smaller and not as good. With the exception of Zen This is the best service and food on the premises. If you are a major gambler try the casino, It is very secure (complete with metal detector) and the miniumum bet is low. I wouldn't bother again. The excursions with Vallarta Adverntures were very organized and professional. The city tour took all day but was highly enjoyable. We learned a lot about the culture and got to see some awesome back roads. If you get motion sickness sit in the front of the bus as it is quite bumpy and wind through the mountains. Take BUG SPRAY everywhere. My sons look like they had the chicken pox.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Luis E, General Manager at Hard Rock Hotel Vallarta, responded to this review, August 27, 2014
Dear missy1083,

Thank you ver much for your great review, as well for to share your appreciation about our resort, I can see that you have enjoyed our Rockstar service, thank you too for your positive comments about our staff members Armando and Rosy, the staff is the heart and soul of the resort and they work hard to make our dear rockers feel like diamonds! We cannot wait to roll out the red carpet to greet you back to Hard Rock Hotel Vallarta.

Kind Regards.

Los Angeles
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2014

Accommodations: We requested a double bed occupancy with our travel agency, Pleasant Holidays. We arrived to a king bed occupancy with no other options even though the other guests with double bed reservations had not yet arrived. The original king bed room was small with a large balcony. We requested a larger king room with a smaller balcony. After repeatedly stating that they were all the same size, "Paulina" finally comprehended what we were stating and complied. No one told us we had to put our room key in the slot to make the electricity/lights work.... We ran around plugging things into other plugs and finally had to call down and report our power wasn't working.... Oh... they forgot to tell us about the little slot in the entry way!!!!

Legendary: We were told that we MUST meet with "Adriana", our "concierge" for our stay. She called several times and left a message then caught us live. She's actually a salesperson for their "timeshare" like program. We felt strong armed into accepting a 90 minute presentation and they would gift us a trip to Las Caletas with a ton of excursions (snorkeling, massages, kayaking, etc.). The drawback being we would have to attend the session at 8:30 am. No one wants to wake up early on vacation. However, we woke up at 7... and went to the meeting point to be advised by a RUDE "Miguel" (el jefe to Adriana), who told us that Adriana made a mistake and shouldn't have given us the package. Tough luck, now go away! His attitude and level of professionalism???? A -10!

Food: Our food was consistently COLD or under cooked! Breakfast? Cold. Dinner? Cold. That was the only option. The food had absolutely no flavor and was nowhere near "authentic" to its specific region (italian, brazilian or chinese). The highlight???? The Little Stand next to Frida's that provided made-to-order quesadillas, hot dogs and hamburgers!!!! We lived off of it daily!!!! OMG!!! On our last evening, we found a McDonalds in the "mall" across the street!!! Our saving grace!! We only wished we had found it sooner.

Drinks: Inconsistent. However, they were endless. Top Shelf Liquor?? Not an option. At least it wasn't in the "all inclusive".

Beach/Lounge Chairs: Here's a bit of help for the new guests.... Have someone in your group get up at 8:00am and run to the towel booth. Get each of your towels and lay them out on a group of lounge chairs. If you don't do so, you will not get a lounge chair for the day!!!! That's the Hard Rock way of reserving and getting access to a poolside chair. That's prime real estate!!!! Make sure you turn your towel in daily and get your towel card back because like they warned you when you arrived, you'll have to pay $20 per towel card that's not surrendered upon check out!!!

Resort Credits: DO NOT BUY INTO IT!!!! All of the excursions, wine, upgrades are HORRIBLY OVERPRICED so that you can use up all the credits and not get anything in return. Our massages were $210 each for 80 minutes.... Although the massage was ok, it was highly OVERPRICED!!!! The Dolphin Excursion is offered outside the resort for 40% off... Just google it... Do not pay the $189 plus 20% "service charge"!!! It's a rip off!!!!

Dolphin Excursion: Have someone in your group go with you to the location and take the pictures for you. Although they are about 20 feet away, It's better than paying $170 for a package (that's based on 2 people). They tell you the video is of you swimming under water with the dolphin.......... It's of everyone in the ENTIRE group.... I don't really want a video of EVERYONE!!!!

Children under 12 free: People really take advantage of this........ There were kids EVERYWHERE!!!!! No offense, but, there were far more children than adults.

The highlight of our trip???? "Canario" our poolside waiter!!! He has a relaxed disposition and takes good care of you.... He will get whatever you want. His area during our trip was near Frida's and on the beach area near there... He deserves a HIGH FIVE! The one day he wasn't working was so very noticeable because the service provided by the others didn't measure up.

Do I have to say it???? We will not return to the Hard Rock resorts anywhere. The End.

Room Tip: If you want double bed occupancy, you might not get it here if there are more families with children...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Luis E, General Manager at Hard Rock Hotel Vallarta, responded to this review, August 25, 2014
Dear queenieboop,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us, as it give us an opportunity to address your concerns. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience you may have experienced during your stay; this is certainly not the Rock Star treatment our valued rockers expect while they are on stage. Concerning your comments about your accommodations, we apologize for any inconvenience with your room assignment, I would like to apologize also for the rude treatment you have experienced during your stay, Hard Rock is all about music and fun; We offer evening shows, live music, karaoke, and much more. That’s the rock star lifestyle! I appreciate you bringing this matter to my attention and I want you to know please, the behavior of the person involved in no way reflects the standards to which we hold our staff members. A customer care agent will contact you via private message. Thank you for your understanding. We look forward to serving you in the future.

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2014

2nd time visiting in 18 months-another great experience with Hard Rock. Jenny at the pool - SUPER! Find Jenny - she will take care of you. She is very professional, knows their customer, what they want and need (ice cold water and I didn't have to ask for it), and don't even have to be asked twice for anything. Isela patiently making my morning espresso (actually 4 doubles every morning and again mid-morning) really made this trip 5 stars for the two familes that travelled together. The bartender and the ladies knew their coctails and what we wanted and how. Loved the re-design and separate game room. The rooms are great. For families of 3, I recommend King + roll away and not 2 beds. Thank you Room Service for being patient with the kids. Loved the 80s music and the bands - way to get your kids into the good old classic rock and metal if you are struggling with tolerating the new generations music taste:) All went well. Love the casual atmosphere. Had to talk once to the PR person (sorry, very lovely lady, very well spoken) - great personality, customer and best in class driven.

Here are some tips for the resort: sweet wines (moscato, Japanese plum wine) and beer (for the Asian restaurant); better control when it rains - the floors were super slippery at the entrances. It would be nice to have a small chair or a hidden clothing line on the balcony for drying swimwear and not only in the shower.

See you again later this year.

Room Tip: For families of 3, I recommend King + roll away and not 2 beds. I love the partial view, where you c...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Luis E, General Manager at Hard Rock Hotel Vallarta, responded to this review, August 22, 2014
Greetings ElenasRock ,

Thank You for your thrilling review, is my pleasure to read your comments about your recent stay, thank you as well to mention Jenny, I am constantly monitoring the comments of our dear Guests and she is receiving many compliments at lately, we hope to greet you back soon, here at Hard Rock Hotel Vallarta to provide you one more time the Rockstar experience you deserve.
Keep the Hard Rock memories!

Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2014

We had a great time at the Hard Rock. I had never stayed at an all inclusive hotel, and I was very impressed. The room was nice, clean, and we'll appointed. The food was great, lots of variety and plenty of choices. The staff and service amazing.
When I arrived I was taken aback by the very modern and stark building,but after five minutes, everything changed. The staff was so welcoming and happy, I forgot about the lack of atmosphere. Everyone goes out of there way to help in every way.
The hotel is situated on a beautiful beach where I spent most of my time under a palapa. There is lots to do, parasailing ,jet skiing ,surf boarding. I even enjoyed shopping from the many venders that came from time to time. The beach is long and wide which makes it perfect for walking. About ten minutes from the hotel is a turtle sanctuary where baby turtles are released.
The entire staff is fabulous. In particular Rosy. She was the server on the beach. Also the staff at the Ciao restaurant for breakfast was outstanding.
We had a great time. My grandchildren love Mexico, and so do I.

Greetings sierra1_12,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share with us your travel experience in our resort. I appreciate your great comments about the rock star service you received from Rosy and the staff at Ciao, I will make sure they gets your compliments; we know they will appreciate them. I understand that little things make a huge difference when on vacation, we would make of your future visit a perfect rock n’ roll vacation. Looking forward to welcome you all again.

Mexico City, Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2014

The best experience you can have during your family vacation is to arrive to de Hard Rock Hotel. I highly recommend. The place worths every dollar you pay. Thera are great activities for adults, teenagers and kids.

Review collected in partnership with Hard Rock Hotels & Casinos

Apptreciated

Thank you very much for reviewed our resort, is my pleasure to hear that you had a blast! Thank you too for recommend us so kindly, looking forward to greet you back soon to Hard Rock Hotel Vallarta. Keep on Rocking!

Arlington, Virginia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

My husband and I hosted our wedding at the Hard Rock Vallarta in October 2013, and we made a great choice! The Vallarta area is now our favorite vacation spot! There is so much to do and see in the area, we weren't able to fit everything in during our 11 day stay. If you're active or an adventure lover, this is the place for you.

All of the staff at HRV are wonderful. The front desk staff was always incredibly friendly, and helped us with any requests. The waitstaff at all the restaurants were wonderful. Lupe always made us laugh! The food here is very good. We are foodies, so I wouldn't call it phenomenal, but it's definitely better than all the other all-inclusives I've been to! Honestly, I enjoyed every restaurant, and we tried them all during our stay. My husband says the burgers served during lunch at Frida are the best he's ever had in his life. The only thing I wouldn't recommend food-wise is the Chef's Dinner. We used resort credit for it, and it honestly wasn't even worth the tax we paid. The food was fine, but the entertainment was not at all hilarious like many tripadvisor reviewers say. Maybe try the romantic dinner on the beach instead.

The drinks leave a lot to be desired, in my opinion. The cocktails are incredibly weak and the juices/mixers are not the same quality I'm used to. There is a grocery store just a few minutes walking distance away, if you want to purchase any beer or liquor the hotel doesn't offer. We also remembered half-way through our stay that you can use resort credits to purchase upgraded wine at dinner! Thank god for this realization, because I was really getting tired of drinking gross cocktails.

If you want complete tranquility, this may not be the right place for you. But I love the atmosphere here. If you want to relax and unwind, hang out by the beach where it's more quiet. But if you like a more festive atmosphere with music and entertainment, the main pool is where you want to be. We never had an issue getting chairs, thank goodness! That's a huge pet peeve of mine. All the other guests we encountered were very friendly. My only complaint about the music is that when we were there (in October 2013), it started WAY too early in the morning. It was blasting by 8am every single day. Sorry, but isn't 8am a little early, even for rock stars? Our room overlooked the main pool, and even though I'm a very heavy sleeper, I couldn't sleep through that. So if you're sensitive to the noise, I definitely recommend requesting a room as far as possible away from the main pool.

We did use some credits toward a couples massage, which was great. I definitely recommend hitting up the spa for some relaxation!

We also did several activities/excursions during our stay...
1. Vallarta Adventures "Outdoor Adventure" which included a mule ride, ziplining, and rappelling. Definitely recommend this one for adventurous or thrill-seeking travelers!
2. City Tour, which we used resort credits for. A bus picks you up and takes you downtown to the Malecon for a brief walkabout. You then go to a local jewelry store/souvenir shop, then tour a great tequila distillery (with complimentary tastings) and lastly have lunch.
3. ATV Tour. This is a great way to get off the beaten path and see some non-touristy areas of the Vallarta area.
4. Ecotours Vallarta "Marietas Island Snorkeling." Probably the most adventurous of the 4 excursions we did, simply because swimming to get to the hidden beach is a little treacherous! But totally worth it, and we saw several sea turtles on the boat ride back.
FYI...However long the activities desk tells you an activity lasts, multiply that by 1.5 or 2.

If you are planning your wedding here, there is a really helpful Facebook group you can join. This group was a tremendous help for me. Search for "Palace Resort/Hard Rock Brides - Past and Future" and request to join!

Room Tip: Use your resort credits for upgraded wine at dinner!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Luis E, General Manager at Hard Rock Hotel Vallarta, responded to this review, August 21, 2014
Dear Kenzie W,

Thank you very much for your sweet and detailed review of our resort, I have enjoyed reading all you kind comments, is an achievement for us that you and your guests had a great stay and thank you for choose us as your wedding destination. Thank you also for the invaluable service of your feedback. Looking forward to welcome you back for Rockstar holidays and anniversaries here at Hard Rock Hotel Vallarta.

Kind Regards.

Hard Rock Hotel Vallarta

Been to Hard Rock Hotel Vallarta? Share your experiences!