“Hard Rock Vallarta” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hard Rock Hotel Vallarta

You added Hard Rock Hotel Vallarta to your Saves list
Hard Rock Hotel Vallarta
4.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Paseo de los Cocoteros 19 - Villa 8 | Bahia de Banderas, Nuevo Vallarta 63732, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
40% OFF + $1800 CREDIT
Ranked #5 of 26 Hotels in Nuevo Vallarta
Nuevo Vallarta
“Hard Rock Vallarta”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

Hard Rock Vallarta was a great spot for a vacation. My friends got married on the trip and it was a great spot for a group of people in their mid 20's to mid 30's. The music was great around the pool, even had live music one day. They offer a resort credit for activities which was amazing. Made the experience exceptional!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Hard Rock Hotels & Casinos

Luis E, General Manager at Hard Rock Hotel Vallarta, responded to this review, September 4, 2014
Appreciated Jeff D,

Thank you very much for your short and sweet review, is my pleasure to read your commets about you experience at Hard Rock Hotel Vallarta, we hope we can have the opportunity to greet you back on the near future for the Rockstar vacation you deserve.

Hard Rock Hotel Vallarta

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (382)
Vancouver
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014 via mobile

Just got back from The Hard Rock Vallarta Hotel yesterday. We had our wedding 5 days ago and it was amazing! We took a group of 24 of us staying at the hotel and there is something for everyone!

The resort is small enough that you can find all the restaurants and bars by walking yet accommodating enough so that you rarely ever had to wait for a table more than a minute. Also it appeared that there were more beach chairs than there were people so it was never a problem finding chairs to lie on.

The music by the swim up bar is very loud but the pool by Frida is quieter and if you go to the beach the music is drowned out by the crashing of waves.

All the restaurants are amazing and unfortunately I gained about 6 pounds due to the countless "second dinners" :):) Totally worth it!!

There was a bit of drama the evening before my wedding as I was told a show at the amphitheatre was planned at the same time as my wedding. Luckily it got resolved and the show was moved inside and we were offered and even more spectacular venue on the beach. My wedding turned out to be the most beautiful day of my life! It was even beyond what I expected! Big thanks to Marisol Meza (the coordinator), Andrea and Marilia (photographers) and all your lovely staff for the best 10 nights of my life!!:):)

• Stayed April 2014
Dear JLOVancity,

Thank you very much for your thrilling review! Best wishes on your Marriage and thank you for choose us as your wedding destination, Happy people always spread happiness every where they go, we had the privilege to host you and your wedding group, looking forward to greet you on future holidays and anniversary getaways.

Practice your Rock face!

Bismarck, North Dakota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2014

Just finishing our last day here at the Hard Rock. The entertainment staff was awesome pool side the games where fun and entertaining I won a nice necklace for the wife playing pool side bingo. The rooms are small but nice for two people I love the two person hot tub in the room after a long day down by the pool to relax. The shows at night are the same as Hard Rock Cancun. The food was good same restaurants as Cancun. We liked the Zin restaurant the Sushi is the best. Over all the Hard Rock Vallarta is a very nice place to relax. Also the staff here are very nice I don't think I went 10 min with out someone asking I need something to drink.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Luis E, General Manager at Hard Rock Hotel Vallarta, responded to this review, May 6, 2014
Dear hasby500,

Thank you for your sweet review. I am pleased to hear you had a great time with the entertainment team and that you loved your room and the Jacuzzi tub, there is nothing like enter your room and relax after a day of Hard Rock and recharge batteries at our internationally inspired restaurants, and definitely Zen is one of our guests favorites.
Thanks again for your comments and we all look forward to welcome you again here at the Hard Rock Hotel Vallarta.

moscow
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2014

We (2 couples under 35) have just come back after a 10 night stay in this resort. First of all, this is a recently converted property bearing no ambience - no "hard rock" atmosphere at all. The quality of service is rather poor - check in, restaurants, at the beach area, no late check out available even though the hotel is half empty. The only bright spot of service was a young lad at Star bar. The wifi connection: inside the rooms almost no connection at all, room balcony and public areas - barely, best signal at the beach. Almost no cell connection in the hotel at all. Room (we had 2 Gold rooms, 400$/ night): spacious but quite worn out (probably not renovated after conversion), bed, linen and towels- good, jacuzzi in room is functioning, balcony is tiny-barely enough to fit one chair sideways. Ocean and pool view available - please note that lower room types offer a view to a road with a hospital and casino. Housekeeping is good. The noise from the corridor is very loud due to low quality of the doors. Plus from 8 a.m. till 1 a.m. there is constant music playing and hear it whether you want it or not. F&B: breakfast restaurant- good variety, fresh juices, pancakes, waffles, omelets, fruit; for lunch we went to the Mexican restaurant near the beach and pool and to the pizza hut. Quality is ok (burgers, salads, hot dogs, Mexican food, ice cream)- but you get bored of it; Dinner- our restaurant rating 1. Japanese 2. Brazilian 3. Mexican. The Italian restaurant is disgusting. Drinks: white and red wine of all types was terrible, rose and sparkling were fair. Cocktails are ok, choice of liqueurs is wide, including tequila, bourbon, gin, campari, vodka, etc. Tea is only in tea bags, coffee is not too good. The SPA was very good, we had a great massage. Fitness was ok, quite spacious and well-equipped but not enough power lifting equipment. Pool: we didn't go there even once because it was very crowded and shallow. Beach: great soft sand, big stretch of beach, possible to do jogging in the mornings, the ocean is great but the waves are pretty high. Not enough beach umbrellas though. To get a good spot with an umbrella you should be at the beach not later than 8 a.m. and leave a towel and some belongings. Beware of jelly fish- one of us got stung. There were free activities such as volleyball, football, boogy boards, kayaks. Surfing lessons are also available at additional charge. Evening activities (animation) were below any expectations which was strange for a Hard Rock resort hotel. Mostly all animation is in Spanish language. Nothing to do after 10 p.m. at all but sit at the bar. If we decide to go to Puerto Vallarta again, we would try another hotel.

• Stayed April 2014
Luis E, General Manager at Hard Rock Hotel Vallarta, responded to this review, August 30, 2014
Dear angel1284,

Thank you very much for sharing your comments. On behalf of Hard Rock Hotel Vallarta, please accept our apologies. We have passed this information to our management team and several key people, including our vibe manager, whose primary task is to ensure that all of our guests receive the Hard Rock Experience. We invite you to give us the opportunity to meet your expectations. Imagine having breakfast to the sound of soothing music of your liking as room service provides your order to the detail. We hope to see you soon!

Miami, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2014

Very nice little resort. I'd never been to the Pacific side of Mexico and was a little nervous. I had heard the water was cold and the security situation was sketchy. Water was perfect and not a single moment where I felt insecure. I really like the downtown area in Puerto. Lots more character than Cancun.

Resort was really good. Rooms were nice and clean with double jacuzzi tub. Good quality alcohol in the fridge. Common areas were nice - well decorated and clean. Staff was always very friendly and willing to please. Beach was really amazing. Even on a hot day there was a cool breeze that kept you comfortable. Drinks served for free right to your chair! Not even very crowded at the end of April.

Only place where they could improve would be food quality. Like many all inclusive resorts, the food is not great. They also spice the food for their Mexican clientele, so many of the dishes are a little spicy for an American. The oriental restaurant (Zen) was the best, and the Brazilian steak house was also good. Also nice that the portions were nicely sized.

Overall, a good solid choice and a good value. I'd recommend it.

Room Tip: I'd go as far from the elevator as possible. Just a little noise from people passing by my room...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Rogerboz,

Thank you for the excellent review! We are happy to hear you had a blast in our resort and felt safe while in our property as well as in the downtown area. The Mexican Pacific coast is breathtaking and I am pleased to hear that you loved it too. Thanks again for the feedback; I will share your comments with the F&B manager to ensure the delicious menu at our restaurants is of our guests
We hope you visit us again soon to give you another rock star vacation!

Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

The awkward transition from Palace Resort is over.
They are a Hard Rock Hotel.
We enjoyed ourselves very much, They treated us like we wanted, well paying customers.
The only 2 things we did not enjoy were 2 meals......go figure....the dinner in their Mexican restaurant and in the Brazilian restaurant, they just are not good.
The Italian and Asian restaurants are fabulous
Overall the hotel is what it is, an unpretentious 4 star, no more no less.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Luis E, General Manager at Hard Rock Hotel Vallarta, responded to this review, May 7, 2014
Hi NachoDavis,

Thank you for sharing your comments with us. I am pleased to hear that you liked our style and enjoyed yourselves very much in our resort. Thanks again for your remarks and we hope we can welcome you again here at the Hard Rock Hotel Vallarta.

Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

Arrived on Easter for a one week stay, Mom, Dad and three teenagers. We always travel to all inclusive resorts for our spring break so have been to many. We purchased a package through Apple Vacations and this was one of the most expensive resorts available.

The excellent was the service on the beach by Rosy. Victor and Lupe in Ciao at breakfast and Zen at night. All the main activity pool servers were all super fast and efficient.

The location is excellent and grounds and beach are beautiful.

Despite being 100% occupied, 90% Spanish speaking, 10% English, the resort never had lines for anything and getting a table at the restaurants, at least when we went, was easy.

The average was the food. We only went to the dinner buffet once and there really wasn't much of a selection even for me. The kids wound up ordering room service burgers and the buns were extremely soggy. We ate at Ciao twice. The food was average but the first time they forgot one of our entrees and by the time we received it, the rest of us had finished. Second time they brought two entrees before we even received the soups. The Brazilian restaurant, Ipenema, fun but most meat was dry except the chicken which was excellent. The Mexican, Frida, not good, neither food nor service. The best, Asian, Zen, everyone in the family loved it both times we went and the service was awesome. I don't usually get pizza on vacation but the pizza oven was very good. We ate dinner between 8 and 9.

The rooms were average. Balcony is only about 18 inches wide. Our king bed was very comfortable. Kids beds were very small. Two adults in those beds would be very cramped. Vanities are extremely small and for us, the two person jacuzzi is a waste of space.

Entertainment - evening shows were very amateurish and really short. Mainly just different dances every night. Activities during the day were plentiful but very lackluster. Beach and water volleyball, aerobics, bocce ball, contests, bike tour, etc...Music at the pool in the afternoon was club/dance/techno music with thumping bass which chased me back to the beach.

Beach is beautiful and long. Chairs on the beach are not good. It's like they are strung too tight and only go in one position. If you are in the front row, you will be inundated with vendors that will keep on you till you acknowledge them. Literally, it was at the rate of about 10 vendors per hour. Normally, at other resorts, if you say no gracias, they do not bother you anymore but not at the Hard Rock. My husband made a sign to hang on our palapa that said no gracias which at least made it less annoying for us. If you are in rows two to three, the vendors are not a problem.

Lastly, the bad. Because the beds in the kids room were so small, we asked for a rollaway. They said they could only put it in our room with the king size bed because of the headboard. Really? We had them deliver it and then set it up ourselves in the kids room. It was simple and easy to move the two beds apart and it fit great between them.

Towel game was even more blatant then I've ever witnessed before. Chairs under umbrellas or palapas were reserved by 8:30am but many not used till 2 or 3pm.

We had a room close to the elevator and heard every loud person from 1am to 5am. We had to call security one morning because of the arguing that was taking place from 5am to 6am.

There was a rope in the water that was covered with muscles that four people including myself were cut on. One poor lady quite badly. I mentioned to the water sports person that the rope needed to be removed but two days later and two more injuries later I finally talked to a manager and he explained they needed it for the boats. Really? It wasn't even visible to the boats because all the buoys were off or water logged. The next day it was finally removed.

Boogie boards were in such poor shape that the foam was almost entirely coming off the plastic backing which made the edges very sharp.

Finally, my husband used a bike and road to the RIU Palace and then the chain wouldn't stay on. He met every security guard and maintenance worker at all the resorts in between to find a wrench to tighten it so it would stay on. A manager called our room to find out how he was and scared me to death because I had no idea there was a problem or why he was gone so long. The next day, he changed a tire on yet another one of the bikes.

We've been to the NV/PV area six times and paying more, I expected more. There are lower priced resorts offering better quality. This one was not a good value which is very important to me. All in all, I would still consider going back but only if the price was considerably lower.

FYI - weather was sunny and low 90's everyday. Ocean temp was refreshing and waves were 1 to 3 feet. Last two days were many jellyfish. If you are susceptible to mosquitos, use spray.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Dear backatit63,

Thank you for your time I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced and I would like you to please know that we take great pride in our service standards and ability to meet and exceed our guest expectation but clearly missed the mark in this case.
Is a true honor to count on hard working people, thanks also for the feedback about boogie boards, we would love to have the opportunity to greet you back for an other Rockstar vacation.

Let’s rock together!

Hard Rock Hotel Vallarta

Been to Hard Rock Hotel Vallarta? Share your experiences!