“cheerleaders” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hard Rock Hotel Vallarta

Hard Rock Hotel Vallarta
4.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Paseo de los Cocoteros 19 - Villa 8 | Bahia de Banderas, Nuevo Vallarta 63732, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
40% OFF + $1800 CREDIT
Ranked #4 of 24 hotels in Nuevo Vallarta
Prince Albert, Canada
“cheerleaders”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

just got back from hard rock,had a great trip till last weekend,we where there from sun to sun.On the last fri of our trip we taken over by cheerleaders,I understand that in the low season you would promote your hotel and fill the rooms.Why would you put all the cheerleaders with your all inclusive guests,we put up with fri night and sat morning,but sat night at 11:45 we had to call the front desk to send some one up to tell them to be quiet. I know the hotel wasn't full,so there was no need for us to be in the middle of this.When we checked out on sun nobody asked us how our week was, it was like they where avoiding us.Too bad - you have awesome wait staff but we won't be back.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Luis E, General Manager at Hard Rock Hotel Vallarta, responded to this review, March 15, 2014
Esteemed msclean62,

Thank you for bringing your dissatisfaction to my attention. I would like to extend my most sincere apologies for any inconvenience you may have encountered during your stay due to this issue as we strive to provide our guests with the high quality service that you have come to expect from our brand.
It is important to mention that the cheerleaders group stayed just one night in our resort as they were part of a national championship competition in town. I am personally reviewing your comments in this regard with the management team so we can ensure a relaxing and peaceful environment to all of our guests; as well we are reinforcing our procedures in the front desk to continue asking for our guest’s feedback at check out.
I would also like to cordially invite you to come back soon as we would give you the rock star treatment you deserve and to do so I will have a specialist contact you via private message to address your concerns.

Again thank you for your candor in bring this matter to our attention.

1,613 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (317)
Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

Just wanted your staff to know about the great trip we had to the Hard Rock, Vallarta. We (4 Canadian women...sort of mature:) visited Feb14-21st, 2014, this was our first Hard Rock experience and we have visited this property 15 times, when it was the Sierra and Palace. No issues at all with security, we felt very safe. Location is awesome and the service from the Hard Rock is difficult to beat! Whoever is training your staff to be professional and service-oriented is doing a great job, so keep it up!
We ate most nights at Ciao, it was casual, on the ocean and Norma and her staff were wonderful.
Alejandro Malanco, Manager on Duty, exceeded our expectations for service, helping organize my surprise birthday party.....Lucky for me, I have another birthday next year and my friends plan to spend it at the Hard Rock! Only suggestions, the lawn chairs to lie flat would be really nice and wine selection could include a few better wines.

Will definitely recommend Hard Rock Vallarta! Saving my money for the Rock Star Suite.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Luis E, General Manager at Hard Rock Hotel Vallarta, responded to this review, March 16, 2014
Hello Christie214!!!

Thank you so much for your kind comments and for choosing this stage to celebrate your birthday. Nothing rocks our world more when our stars enjoy their vacation and experience a rockstar treatment from our staff; we are glad you love our location and I will acknowledge Alejandro I know he will love to hear that he rocked your world.

We look forward to welcome you again and roll out the red carpet for you many more times here at your favorite stage: Hard Rock Hotel Vallarta.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

We traveled to the Hard Rock Hotel Vallarta for our honeymoon at the end of February. First, we'd love to recognize some of the amazing staff who made our stay exceptional: Gael in the SunBar, always a smiling face and a way with guests. Gabby at the front desk, helpful and efficient, she was a delight to see at the counter each day. Alex with VIP services, above and beyond excellent in every way, we can't thank him enough for helping make our honeymoon wonderful. Reyes at Ipanema, wonderful service, always a smile and even though the food was above excellent, he made our dining experience superb (no more special coffee!). Oliver and the entertainment staff, always upbeat and engaging, they made the daytime and the evening shows exceptional. Robico (?) the bellman, when we lost our cell phone in a cab he took extra measures to ensure it was returned and we are forever grateful (the entire bellman staff at the resort were wonderful and always attentive).

The Hard Rock was a wonderful getaway for our honeymoon. We took in the spa, which was wonderful (massages and a manicure/pedicure) and both services were great. We enjoyed all of the restaurants, all of which had exceptional dinner menus. We also used some of our resort credits for the romantic chef's dinner on the beach... wonderful!!! One of our two disappointments in our trip was the breakfast/lunch offerings. When you are in town for 7 days, it's hard to eat the same thing every day... We'd recommend taking a few breakfast/lunch opportunities to order room service so you can get a better variety, or go into downtown and have lunch at one of the many restaurants in town a day or two.

Our only other disappointment in the trip was the location of the Hard Rock. Although super close to the airport and it looks close to local tourism sites on the map, when we wanted to take a taxi into downtown, it was $40 round trip. When we needed to get to our excursions, it was $20-$40 roundtrip. It was our choice to get out of the hotel and travel to see these things, but it made you think twice before you hopped in a cab to go anywhere... It can definitely add up, so just plan ahead and keep that in mind.

The beach outside the Hard Rock is beautiful and much calmer than other parts we saw. It made for great walks in the mornings and evenings, and made for a great place to see wildlife.

Otherwise, we had a great trip and highly recommend the Hard Rock if you want to be able to relax and be pampered and spoiled with service.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Deluxe Diamond room and it was superb! Highly recommend the upgrade! We were on t...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Hello Kaila D,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. Your comments are much appreciated. It is inspiring to see that our efforts are appreciated as we are working relentlessly to exceed your expectations with the rock star service that sets us apart. It has been a pleasure having you with us and we hope to see you again soon.

Windsor, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

Just returned from a wonderful vacation here. This is my second visit. Both times had issues with check in, rooms were not as requested, issues were resolved (needed to be quicker with resolution). The service staff are amazing, especially Luis, who served us breakfast every morning, and even remembered us from our previous trip (or at least pretended he did, which we really appreciated). Our favourite restaurant was Zen and David took great care of us when we had dinner there. Was not a fan of the brazilia restaurant, but this is only personal preference, the wait staff were wonderful. I would like to thank Carlee and Oliver for making our pool side experience fun, they both have wonderful outgoing personalities, and we enjoyed our games of pool volleyball (especially enjoyed Mexican rules). I think something needs to be done with the pool as the colour makes it always look dirty. It was overall a great experience and this was our second visit so we must have liked it to return. I would definitely recommend this resort.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Hi Pam A,

Thank you for your review and for your great feedback. I personally enjoy reading when our valued rock stars have a great time and feel at home with the warm and friendly service from our staff.
We work hard to deliver always great rock n’ roll vacations to our guests and I appreciate your comments. we all hope to welcome you again here at your home away from home .

Lansing, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

First of all, I cannot say enough good things about the staff at the HRH. (Oscar, concierge; Marisela, Martiniano, Rosy, Diane, pool; Alex, Management; all housekeeping staff; every single employee was pleasant and helpful. The rooms were clean and I appreciated the nightly turn-down service and towel replacements. I am disappointed in the room lay-out, as there is no comfortable place to sit except on the bed. The room space is wasted by a double jacuzzi, when a sitting area would be a better use of the space. The french balcony is a joke - there is only room to stand, not sit, and although it is great to be able to leave the doors open at night to hear the ocean, other inconsiderate guests chose to smoke on the balcony and the smoke wafts into nearby rooms. When front desk staff were asked about an upgrade to one of the rooms with a full balcony, we were told there were none available - yet those rooms appeared unoccupied. Internet connection was exceptionally poor - even with a router. I could only get a connection in the morning - never evening. The telephone cord to the handset kept falling out. The ice machines were usually empty. The shower temperature varied greatly from scalding hot to cold. The pool chairs were worn out and extremely uncomfortable - they couldn't be adjusted to completely upright, nor did they lie flat. Staff did not clean bird droppings off of the chairs. Even after 5 days I still am confused about guest services in the main lobby. The main desk is for check-in and check-out, but the other 3 desks remain a mystery. One I believe is someone from Palace who greets you. The other two are for booking services, but only with services that HRH has a contractual agreement. They would not call to make a reservation for a tour in town and said that I needed to call from my room. There was usually a line of people waiting to meet with these staff, but when you finally got your turn - you were in the wrong line! A sign identifying exactly what each person was responsible for, would be a very simple solution to the confusion. To sum it up, I would not stay at this hotel again. The location is too far from Puerto Vallarta to enjoy all of the wonderful sites, shops and restaurants that PV has to offer. If you are only interested in lying by the pool and not venturing out, it may suit your needs.

Room Tip: Don't bother trying for a full balcony or suite - even with 60% occupancy the front desk refused...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Dear smb7229,

I would like to thank you for bringing your observations and dissatisfaction to my attention. I am personally concerned to see that we have fallen short to your expectations, this said; on behalf of Hard Rock Hotel Vallarta I extend my most sincere apologies and a cordial invitation to give us the opportunity to change your perception of our resort. I assure you that I am constantly monitoring the comments of our guests and will have a specialist contact you via a private message to address the observations you have expressed.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here Feb 18-25th. We had a wonderful time! The resort staff is very friendly and attentive. The food at the restaurants was great. My favorite was the oriental and my husband's favorite was the Brazilian. The buffet for breakfast was good, but it was pretty much the same every day. When we were at the resort during the day, we had lunch at the grill by the pool. When by the pool or beach, the drink service was very prompt. Our rooms were very comfortable, but a little on the small side. We figured they were fine though because we didn't spend too much time in the room. Room service was quick when we decided to have breakfast early or a late night snack. Overall, I would stay there again.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Hi Carla S,

And we loved having you here! Thank you for the lovely review, we appreciate your comments and we hope you and your husband come back again soon.

Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

I have been going to this same resort for 16 years every time has been great! I was wondering on the dress attire for the restaurants, are nice shorts and button down shirts fine? Would you recommend a room on a higher floor for children and if so when is the best time to request that?

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear ikd2499,

Thank you very much for your comments and your valued custom. I will have one of our specialists contact you to respond to your concerns and give you the proper follow up. Thanks again and we look forward to welcome you again soon.

Hard Rock Hotel Vallarta

Been to Hard Rock Hotel Vallarta? Share your experiences!