“Love this place!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hard Rock Hotel Vallarta

Save Saved
You added Hard Rock Hotel Vallarta to your Saves list
Hard Rock Hotel Vallarta
4.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Paseo de los Cocoteros 19 - Villa 8 | Bahia de Banderas, Nuevo Vallarta 63732, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
40% OFF + KIDS STAY FREE
Ranked #4 of 24 hotels in Nuevo Vallarta
“Love this place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here Feb 18-25th. We had a wonderful time! The resort staff is very friendly and attentive. The food at the restaurants was great. My favorite was the oriental and my husband's favorite was the Brazilian. The buffet for breakfast was good, but it was pretty much the same every day. When we were at the resort during the day, we had lunch at the grill by the pool. When by the pool or beach, the drink service was very prompt. Our rooms were very comfortable, but a little on the small side. We figured they were fine though because we didn't spend too much time in the room. Room service was quick when we decided to have breakfast early or a late night snack. Overall, I would stay there again.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Luis E, General Manager at Hard Rock Hotel Vallarta, responded to this review, March 16, 2014
Hi Carla S,

And we loved having you here! Thank you for the lovely review, we appreciate your comments and we hope you and your husband come back again soon.

1,546 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (305)
Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

I have been going to this same resort for 16 years every time has been great! I was wondering on the dress attire for the restaurants, are nice shorts and button down shirts fine? Would you recommend a room on a higher floor for children and if so when is the best time to request that?

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear ikd2499,

Thank you very much for your comments and your valued custom. I will have one of our specialists contact you to respond to your concerns and give you the proper follow up. Thanks again and we look forward to welcome you again soon.

Courtice, Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

Have just returned from a wonderful 10 day stay at the Hard Rock Vallarta. The beach is amazing....clean and large. Palapas are plentiful, service excellent. We loved the atmosphere around the entire property. The music "rocked" and we never found it intrusive. The resort is so clean. Our room was comfortable, clean and the bed linens so soft. The entire staff is so friendly and willing to make your stay perfect. Food was delicious and plentiful although we did not like the Brazilian restaurant. We have to specifically thank Oliver for making the poolside so much fun; Rosy at the beach, always smiling and efficient; Magdaleno at the swim bar for being so friendly, funny and introducing us to the Bumblebee (yummy!), Rodrigo, sommelier, for going out of his way to provide us with recipes for 2 soups that we loved and Daniel, who greeted us so warmly upon our arrival. Thanks to everyone at HRV...you all rock!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hard Rock Hotels & Casinos

Dear Kenneth F,

Thank you for taking the time to share your travel experience with us. I am particularly pleased to hear you had a great vacation and can’t wait to welcome you again soon.

Lansing, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

1st, the day to day at the Palace/Hard Rock in Puerto Vallarta have been great however, worst experience booking the vacation here. Promissed 2/1 air if we booked and "paid" for the rooms first. Said we needed the "confirmation" number to get the airfare. This turned out to be a total scam. We booked our room for Mar 4-11, 2014 and we couldn't get the airfare until April 6th! This is there "some restrictions apply" clause... I didn't seem to have a problem booking air and the plane was only 25% full! I went through 4 different people and nobody had a supervisor to speak with so I had to wait until we arrived to address this issue.

Upon arrival, we nicely addressed this with the desk, of which nobody was helpful and the only Palace manager wasn't availble. So we checked in and later spoke with the manager who said she could send an email to somebody but was nothing more than a listening ear.

We have been members for years and now your "FREE resort credits of 1800 comes at a cost of 20% in cash..another Scam! We have never had to pay additional for the resort credits however if you didn't use them you would lose them...fair enough. Now, you have to pay 20% of any credits you use... A bottle of wine is not "inclusive" anymore and is $100 of your credits so you pay $20 for an $18.00 bottle of wine... Never Again!!!

Two "completely FREE" experiences boiled down to one because you can only use them on certain days and because we came in on Tuesday and are leaving on Tuesday we lost one of them...another scam or just crappy luck? BTW, no substitutions...LOL.

The Hard Rock resort itself is showing its age. Worn out beach chairs and poorly repaired pool with tiles missing not to mention poor internet service! I must say though, they put a booster in my room after calling 3 times so it works great now. Our friends 3 rooms down the hall were not so lucky...

Two years ago we went to the Palace in Playacar & Moon Palace. Great places and locations however we had similar booking problems and nobody could help us. Palace has 5 days left to impress me or lose me as a customer...

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Luis E, General Manager at Hard Rock Hotel Vallarta, responded to this review, March 19, 2014
Dear Frank S,

Thank you for your review as it allows us to address your concerns. Please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience you may have encountered during your stay. I am aware of your dissatisfaction and I assure you, I will be on top of the situation and constantly monitoring. I will have a specialist contact you shortly via private message to follow up properly on your concerns.
Thank you again.

Richmond Hill, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

We planned our wedding at Hard Rock Vallarta. We were really pleased with the whole process and the outcome. All of our guests had a great time and had rave reviews about the service, food and beach...as well as the wedding activities.
Dealing first with Christina out of Miama in the initial wedding planning was great. She was responsive and attentive. She got information quickly and accurately...and made some great recommendations to help with some of the decisions I had to make.
When we got to planning with the on site Wedding Coordinator, Marisol. She was great, but a little slow to respond initially. As it got closer to the wedding she responded faster. I did not hear from the wedding officiant which was concerning until less than two weeks prior...which was a bit concerning for a bride trying to ensure all the details are taken care of. However these people do this all the time and are professionals and so the wedding went off without a hitch and Lisandro the officiant was great and executed the script exactly the way we wanted.
Miama originally does not commit to the locations for your wedding events, but records your preferences. Toward the end, I understood her to confirm the locations with the resort...however when I arrived and met with Marisol she informed me that the wedding was not going to take place where I requested. This was however dealt with promptly and we were able to have the wedding on the Sunset beach as planned.
Dealing with Marisol and Juan was really great. I am sure brides are difficult to deal with sometimes, but if you have an issue they try to do everything they can to correct. For all of our wedding events Marisol or Juan was present the whole time and went above an beyond to ensure our guests had everything they needed.
A tip on wedding locations: In hindsight, I would probably have had the entire wedding on Sunset beach or in Sunset Garden. The resort is small, so there is little privacy unless you do this. For various reasons including accessibility for older guests we wanted our wedding on a terrace...but the terraces closest to the beautiful view are not really big enough. Be aware to check that there are no other events happening in the pool if you choose a terrace and pay for music. During our cocktail reception with a saxophonist....the wonderful music was competing with a very loud rock band in the pool at exactly the same time. Marisol tried her best to get them to turn down or stop...however if I had known this would be the case I would have changed the location or the timing of the saxophonist.
Here is a review of the decor, flowers, musicians etc: I chose a Colin Cowie collection - Seaglass. It was beautiful and looked amazing. I would highly recommend. I had the collection for both the wedding and the reception tables. The flowers that came with the wedding package exceeded my expectations. They were awesome..the bouquet was gorgeous and unfortunately I had to leave it behind. The bridesmaid bouquet, boutonnieres and table flowers were all exceptional. We choose the Mexican Quartet for one of our wedding events and they were really great. All the guests loved them. At the cocktails for the wedding we had the Saxophonist...Mario Flores I believe. He was also amazing. PSAV audio equipment was top notch and the guys running it did a fantastic job. No complaints in this area.
I saw the reviews on the food...people saying it was great...I was skeptical, but the restaurants were all really good and the service was outstanding. The coffee should be improved...if you are a bold/strong coffee lover you will be dying by the end of the week. Even a double espresso is not great. The house wines are not that good. I ordered the white house wine and could not drink it. The upgraded list is priced way over the top. Some other guests had no issues with the house red. The food provided for the wedding and other events was really exceptional as buffet food goes. We chose the BBQ menu for our beach party and everyone thought it was delicious.
The resort also provided some nice decor touches, and coordinating drink choices for our events that I did not plan or request. This was really appreciated and their attention to detail was great.
Again, I can not say enough about the service at Hard Rock. We went to Secrets for our honeymoon and althought Secrets had good service it paled in comparison to the hard rock. Especially with regard to service on the beach. A shout out to Rosy and Diane for the great service we and our guests had on the beach.
Some other wedding tips: Start early if you are outside. We had the wedding at 4pm knowing we had to end it all at 10:30 due to being outside. We ran out of time and did not get in much dancing..we had to move to the Sunbar and our room...which was still fun...but in hindsight I would have started the wedding at 2pm or so.
Overall for a wedding I would give Hard Rock a 4.5/5.0. There were very few glitches and the great service more than made up for them. Again, Marisol and Juan were great and went above and beyond as all the staff did to make our week special. We have great memories and picutres.

I almost forgot...the photographer was great. Andrea. We have not yet received the pics but anticpate they will be great. She worked well with us and had us do a lot of poses and setting we would not have thought of. Looking forward to seeing them. Mariel (?), not sure of her name who coordinates the photography for Hard Rock was a really great girl and provided excellent service.

I hope that I remembered everything and every one. Great experience...would do it again..but hope I don't ever have to! ; )

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Nuevo Vallarta, Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

This is our third year in a row at this wonderful Result. We would like thank everyone from the Concierges to the Housekeeping Staff, and the Bar Staff around the pool. They made our stay so easy and so enjoyable. I thank Domingo at the Spa for the Best Facial I have had in a Long time. The entertainment staff, Oliver; Isaiah; Karlee and Adrian for the wonderful activities. We thank our Friend Diana, from the Children's program for stopping by to say Hi. We met her several visits ago. We also would like to thank Lalo for taking time out of his busy day for a visit. He truly made us feel special and like family. The entertainment at night was definitely well planned, though on some nights we wish it had been earlier. It made for long days. Last but not least, while we were here we celebrated two birthdays , and the staff went out of their way to make sure they were more than special. This is truly a remarkable resort, and we hate to leave today,but we look forward to our return next year.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Wichita, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

We stayed at the Hard Rock 2/23/14-2/28/14. Everything we read on tripadvisor was very positive. We thought it would be a good place to stay or we would not have booked the trip. It was hard to believe all the positive comments I read on tripadvisor. I thought it would be like everyone telling you how good a movie was, then when you see it it ends up being just ok. This was not the case. All the positive reviews on the service are true. The pool side service is fantastic (I wish I could remember the servers names) not to mention the entertainment pool side was great. Isaiah was there everyday we were. Always upbeat and fun to be around. He was there at the pool during the day and then at night he was running around letting everyone know about the entertainment for the night. Sometimes I wondered if he ever left. All the restaurants are good. The best being the Brazilian steakhouse and the Japanese restaurants. Rooms were clean, check in was easy and based on how many times my wife went the spa, the spa was great. Usually when I go on a trip and like the area I think.... I would go back to that area and stay somewhere else. If I ever go back to this area I will only stay at the Hard Rock.

Room Tip: We were on the bottom floor. Didn't think we would like it. Ended up loving it. Walk out straigh...