“Great Service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hard Rock Hotel Vallarta

Save Saved
You added Hard Rock Hotel Vallarta to your Saves list
Hard Rock Hotel Vallarta
4.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Paseo de los Cocoteros 19 - Villa 8 | Bahia de Banderas, Nuevo Vallarta 63732, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
40% OFF + KIDS STAY FREE
Ranked #4 of 24 hotels in Nuevo Vallarta
Puerto Vallarta, Jalisco, Mexico
“Great Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

Great place to be, we went with my girlfriend and had a wonderfull time especially at the restaurant ZEN, its the best asian food we have tasted, besides the place is very nice, I want to thank Pablo and dimond from zen, they were great, always with a great smile, and the rest of the crew, Its one of my best vacations ever.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Alejandro M, Customer Service Manager at Hard Rock Hotel Vallarta, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Hi Omar R, thanks for the short and sweet review we are thrilled to hear the servic from our crew at Zen blew your mind! Come back soon again and let’s rock! Hang with the band!

1,536 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (305)
Durham, NC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

My parents are time share owners with Palace Resorts, so we got the chance to stay with them at the Hard Rock Vallerta. Feelings on the resort were definitely mixed.

Pros
The Asian and Brazilian restaurants are both very good.
Rodrigo, the sommelier, was amazing and I cannot recommend his wine tasting highly enough.
The rooms are nice and kept very clean.
The zip lining excursion - although, I thought they wasted too much time trying to get us to buy the tequila and food at the restaurant (I'm sure Hard Rock was getting kick backs).
The mojitos and pool side sushi.

Cons
The CONSTANT stream of music - it seems like there's always some thumping techno going from 8am to 11pm and we could hear it in our rooms. It woke us up and there isn't a single location on the resort (save the spa) where you could get any peace and quiet. We could hear it at meals, all locations poolside, in our rooms, even on the beach. It would be nice to have one place on the resort where you could have a conversation without having to shout.

The Time Share people - Since my parents have a time share, one of the sales guys, Miguel, was very interested in upgrading them to a bigger package. When my parents didn't get a chance to meet with him the first two days of our trip, he called my room, waking me up at 8am both mornings asking where he was. He also got very aggressive with my parents when he learned he had visited a time share presentation with another resort. He also gave us conflicting information that nearly kept us from getting to go snorkeling on our trip.

Booking tours/spa packages - Now, don't get me wrong, the people working by the pool to book these things for us were very nice, but the process took SO long. It took over an hour for each room to book their spa and tour options (and we didn't book that many things).

The Chef's Dinner - DO NOT DO THIS. We thought we'd have an informative and quiet dinner, but it was a silly show with an MC who didn't know a thing about cooking making cheesy jokes and being WAY too loud in a room that already echoed. The chef himself didn't speak any English and we were too far away to ask any questions about the cooking process. It was a complete waste of the service fee and a waste of time (since we could use resort credit to pay for the majority fee). The food was okay, but after being promised that the food would be cooked in front of us, I was surprised that our actual dinner was brought out cold from the kitchens.

The City Tour - Pretty lame and an obvious opportunity for the hotel to get kick backs from the shop and tequila distillery we visited. We spent a half an hour "shopping" at this little mall where the prices were exorbitant and the owners wouldn't haggle. We then drove over an hour to a tequila distillery which, while good, still seemed a long way to go. We were then driven to a restaurant where our food was not included. We then spent 15 minutes in a church and 10 minutes on the boardwalk. This trip took about 5-6 hours and we saw so little of the city. Our guide was good, though, and educated us about Puerta Vallerta a lot during the LONG stretches of time we spent driving.

Frieda - This restaurant was so disorganized and the food was cold.

Ciao - Our table was stiflingly hot and while the food was okay, none of us could enjoy it because we were in such a rush to get outside to cooler temperatures.

Overall, it was just an okay trip, which doesn't seem worth it for the prices. I'm sad that this is no longer a Palace Resort, because I think the Palace standards are more in line with what I expect from a resort of this caliber.

It's also a LONG drive from the city, but it still feels like a very small resort. I'd recommend staying closer to town.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Alejandro M, Customer Service Manager at Hard Rock Hotel Vallarta, responded to this review, September 7, 2013
Hello 711Erin, Thank you for the review. We are happy that you found the Asian and Brazilian restaurants to be your favorite and please us to know you loved your room and the zip lines tour were amazing, we are glad that you felt the rockstar service from Rodrigo, the sommelier. On the other hand, we are sorry for any inconveniences you may have experienced. We would like you to know that your comments have been shared as well with key Staff in our organization, most importantly our Management Team in order to take the corresponding corrective measures to ensure you get the VIP treatment you are accustomed to in our resorts. We hope you come back soon to let us give you the true rock n’ roll vacation of your dreams and turn you into our raving fan! Rock on!
LOVE ALL SERVE ALL.
St. Louis
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

The Hard Rock Puerto Vallarta is located about 20 minutes from the Puerto Vallarta Airport.

Upon arrival at the Hard Rock, we were warmly greeted with cold lemonade and did not even have to wait for our rooms, despite being there before check-in time. Our friends received the 1500 resort credit and they were helped by the front desk to explore their options. They chose to swim with dolphins and described it as a "once in a lifetime experience." The resort credit is a plus because it allows guests to do activities they may not have done otherwise!

Rooms: The rooms at the Hard Rock Vallarta are gorgeous. The basic level rooms are a bit small, but contain all of the amenities such as a double person Jacuzzi, king size bed, large shower, flat-screen television, and a mini bar containing liquor, beer, and a bottle of wine. If you are looking for more room to move around, I suggest upgrading to the Luxury Gold. Rooms also come with two fluffy bathrobes and plush slippers. All of the rooms contain 24 hour room service and contain a pretty extensive menu from appetizers to entrees.

Pools: There are three pools at the Hard Rock Vallarta. The main middle pool contains a swim up bar and a raised platform in the middle where guests can lay out. There are also small caves built in where children can play or guests can get shade. There is also a small waterslide for the children, which is supervised during the day. Another great feature of the pool bar is that guests can order pizzas, burgers, and nachos poolside. No need to drip dry and change clothes. The only thing I warn guests of is the fact that this is a family resort. There were plenty of kids hanging by the swim-up bar, so if this is going to cramp your style, I suggest choosing an adults only.

Restaurants: The Hard Rock has five restaurants. I really enjoyed my experience at Zen, the japanese restaurant. The waiters were absolutely hysterical and had excellent service. They had great recommendations and knew us by name by the end of the week.

Ipanema, the Brazilian restaurant is also FANTASTIC. Upon arrival, you receive a little card that you leave next to your plate and turn over when you are ready to be served. The waiters walk around with these huge skewers of meat, from bacon wrapped turkey to sirloin steak. The meat was cooked to PERFECTION and we literally were so full we could barely walk.

Nightlife: As this is the family friendly version of the resort, the nightlife is a bit lacking. The SUNBar is the main bar guests visit and there is usually a live band and a DJ. There were a ton of families there when I went, but if you are there with a large group, you can easily pack the bar and have an all out party. The staff is also great at recommending places in downtown Vallarta as well.

The bartenders at SunBar are pretty incredible. I have been to Vegas multiple times and these guys could beat Vegas bartenders hands down. I kept telling them to make me something interesting and every time they came up with something more interesting than the next. At one point they made Mexican Flag Shots for the group and lit them on fire. In my opinion, the best vacations contain interactive experiences, so the fact that the staff took the time to engage guests is really awesome. They also knew everyone by name!

Before I close, I want to give a shout out to the staff of the Hard Rock Vallarta. The standard of service is so high and the staff is so personable, that it is hard to find anything wrong with this resort. I would also like to mention, Oliver, who was on the party staff. He got many guests to participate in some of the "crazy" games, which made for hilarious stories in the days and weeks to come. He really cares about his job and we hope to come back and see him.

Overall, I suggest this resort for families with older children or larger groups of friends. If you are looking for something quiet and romantic, you may be put off by the amount of children. If you have a great group that is looking to be entertained, then this is it!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Alejandro M, Customer Service Manager at Hard Rock Hotel Vallarta, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
Greetings from your friends at Vallarta! OreillySTL, Wow!, thank you very much for your amazing and detailed review.
We are overjoyed to hear that you felt the charming atmosphere of our resort and feel the exceptional service provided by our staff; we always try to provide a service that is at the height of the most famous Rock Stars.
We are so pleased reading your excellent comments about your room amenities, our restaurants, service at the bars, etc. and we appreciate you recommend us to all of our future rockers! We look forward to see you every year and be part of our family!! The Hard Rock Hotel Vallarta crew stands up and we say: for those about to rock, we salute you!!
Rock the show!!!
LOVE ALL SERVE ALL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013 via mobile

We booked this trip because we traveled to Cancun over Christmas break and they told us about the new Hard Rock properties. We are VERY glad that we chose to come to this property.
We loved it so much that we are now Members!

The Restaurants:
There are two buffets available with good food. Something for everyone to enjoy. We have stayed many places where the buffets were not enjoyable but that is NOT the case here at the HR.
All four specialty restaurants were fantastic. You have Mexican, Japanese, Brazilian, and Italian to chose from every night. Every one was worth eating at multiple times.
Sushi was very good. Brazilian had large swords of meat that they deliver to your table. Mexican has a gorgeous ocean view and the best guacamole. The Italian had seafood dishes and lasagna that's delicious. Our children loved every place we ate. So that speaks volume to the food quality. It satisfied both adult and kiddos.

The service was great. We only had one poor situation and it was fixed ASAP. When we arrived there wasn't a room with two beds available. So they placed us in a king with a roll away bed. The next day they fixed it but we had to be out of one room at noon and not placed into another until 4:00. That would be our only complaint.

The staff around the pool is wonderful. Juan took care of us and our two boys all day every day. If you travel here: find him and make yourself acquainted. He will provide you with the best care!!

The pools and property is very clean and kept nice. The maid service provided us with a clean room daily after our kids destroyed it. Every evening we had turn down service and they would spot clean also.
The ocean was great this visit. Calm as clean!

I would suggest this property to anyone. You might pay more for the vacation but the quality you receive is well worth it.

Ps: we used all of our resort credits and loved getting to do all the excursions and spa treatments. Well worth traveling here and having 1500$ in resort money. (This property is all inclusive and literally it is ALL inclusive. Even calling to US and wifi!)

• Stayed August 2013
Hi BethJD! Thank you for sharing your rock star experience with us, we are so pleased to hear that you had such an amazing time that you even became members with us! And thanks for your nice comments about our staff’s service especially Juan around the pool, we appreciate it! We are pleased that you had an overall great vacation despite any inconvenience and that you could share this with your family! These are the kind of memories that we strive to create at our wonderful resort for our valued members like you. Dazzling new changes welcome you each time you visit our resort and we hope we can welcome you soon! Hang with the band!
-TAKE TIME TO BE KIND-
Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013 via mobile

My sister and I have taken a girls' trip to Puerto Vallarta for the past 8 years, with the last 4 being at this property. We have yet to be disappointed! The service from the staff is incredible! Year after year they remember our names! Our favorite staff are Leno, Meyda, Esmeralda, and Mario; however our most favorite waiter is Juan. He is so welcoming and accommodating that he almost seems like he is part of our family!! We are looking very forward to our upcoming trip. We will arrive on September 16 and we have the next 10 days to be pampered and treated like royalty. Thank you thank you thank you!

• Stayed September 2012
Hello Mitche2k, sorry for the overdue response. We know you had a blast this time and you are part of the hard Rock family, we miss you already! Come back soon to make of your next visit another platinum hit! –Expect the unexpected-
-LOVE ALL SERVE ALL-
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

My parents have been members of The Palace Resorts for quite some time. We had visited the Hard Rock when it was previously a Palace Resort and we noticed a difference in the service.

We arrived without a problem, check in was good, stayed for 9 days. We booked the Presidential Suite for four people. Everyone was going well until the 7th day when I get a call at 9:30am from a bell boy telling me to let him know when he'd be able to pick up our bags because we were SWITCHING ROOMS... Yes, switching rooms without warning... Just wake me up call me to tell me to hurry up and pack to get us into a non presidential.

We had asked SEVERAL times if there was going to be a problem bc we were staying for 9 days and we had booked the presidential suite. EVERYTIME we asked which was more than 3 they said no not a problem. Well we were informed the wrong information. We spoke to membership services and they were not on our side and made us switch rooms. They have more than 4 presidential suites and they told us another party had reserved the presidential suite and were arriving today.

We had also booked the presidential suite but the hotel decided to kick us out of OUR ROOM to give it to someone else? A warning would have been nice but we had to move without a warning even though we asked if it was going to be a problem..

We were moved up to the 6th floor , one of our rooms had a leak and we called right away to fix, and where was the free wifi in our rooms? Gone! I called tech support, he tried helping me but gave up. He said he'd call the front desk to see what could be done and never heard back.

Also it took us over 3 hours to plan our tours with vacation planners.. They couldn't do vacation planning for all two rooms at once... In the times I've stayed here, this has never happened.

Point blank EVERYTIME we asked a question or tried to find a solution every employee didn't have an answer or a solution... Just a random answer with little help. No one ever followed through with what they said.

Being a palace member has no benefits than any non member, we pay more but get the same service. What good does having membership services here do for it's paying members when they aren't willing to help us.

They should follow through with their membership services or go back to being a palace resort and not a hard rock.

• Stayed August 2013
Alejandro M, Customer Service Manager at Hard Rock Hotel Vallarta, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Dear Dancerchick1612, thank you for taking the time to send us your comments and observations about our resort. Feedback is very important to us as it helps us know how the show is running.
Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience you may have experienced during your stay; this is certainly not the Rock Star treatment our valued Members expect while they are on stage.
We always try to provide a fun relaxing getaway to our members, and we are very sorry we had to change your accommodations two days after your departure, even though we do everything in our power to ensure great service, we are sorry that we missed our mark this time.
Let us take care of you in your next visit to Hard Rock Hotel Vallarta and give you the true VIP service our rock stars expect from us.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

We had stayed here twice before when it was the Vallarta Palace and decided to stay here again now with it being Hard rock hotel and seeing all the renovations.....especially the addition of the swim up bar.......however after reading some of the reviews realize it is like a lot of the hotels with a swim up bar that kids take up all the room.....wish that parents would inform their kids this is for adults! But still looking forward for our future visit,,,,will give a review after our visit

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Terry C, thank you for your review. We are thrilled to hear that you will be here with us soon, we know you will love the facilities, décor and memorabilia.. Regarding the kids on the pool, during the summer vacations our little rockers are a big part of the crowd in our hotel and we love it! However now that the little ones are back in school you have nothing to worry about; we look forward to welcome you soon and give you the rock star vacations you dream of.
Practice your rock face and strum that air guitar!
ALL IS ONE

Been to Hard Rock Hotel Vallarta? Share your experiences!