“Great but needs to be better” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hard Rock Hotel Vallarta

Save Saved
You added Hard Rock Hotel Vallarta to your Saves list
Hard Rock Hotel Vallarta
4.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Paseo de los Cocoteros 19 - Villa 8 | Bahia de Banderas, Nuevo Vallarta 63732, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
40% OFF + $1800 CREDIT
Ranked #4 of 25 Hotels in Nuevo Vallarta
Palos Verdes Estates, California
“Great but needs to be better”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

I stayed at this hotel when it was Vallarta Palace, and would have given it four stars. I saw the Cancun Palace (which I would have given three stars) converted into a genuine five-star resort, so I was expecting a truly awesome experience. There were many good things here, but it didn't improve enough to get the last star.

The good: Staff is incredible. Everyone was happy to help and was empowered to assist me in any area I asked. (This was a pleasant improvement over Vallarta Palace.) The food is excellent, although not quite up to the standards of the other Hard Rock all-inclusive resorts. The shows were interesting, and there was (loud) rock music during a good part of the day (some complained that it stayed on until after 10 at night). The rooms are serviceable and large enough. The swimming pools are deep enough to swim, unlike many Mexican resorts. The spa services were well above average (note: although they don't say so, please remember to tip the spa providers!) The beach is amazing.

The bad: Some bartenders didn't seem to know how to use measuring cups or shot glasses, so some drinks were way off. The plumbing in the room was connected badly, so someone taking a shower caused burping noises from in in-room Jacuzzi.

The ugly: The wireless internet is absolutely terrible, the worst I have seen in a place that advertises it. I got almost no service in the rooms, and spotty service in the best area of the resort (which turned out to be the Market restaurant).

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Alejandro M, Customer Service Manager at Hard Rock Hotel Vallarta, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Hello Russell K, thank you for your review. We are happy to hear that you loved the culinary experience our Executive Chef prepared to you; and enjoyed your room, indeed our rockers need a great place to relax before another day or hard rock party! And thanks again for mentioning that the service form our crew is the best, they rock!
We passed on your comments to our management to make of our wireless internet a better experience to our rockers, we appreciate your feedback. We will be waiting for your next visit to show you our improvements. Keep the Hard Rock memories!
LOVE ALL SERVE ALL

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (344)
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

My husband and I were there with our 2 daughters, 15 and 17. We are premier members and have been to Palace Resorts/Hard Rocks in Cancun, Riviera Maya, Playacar and Dominican Republic. We chose PVHR because it was a short flight for us. When we arrived late afternoon we went to the pool and it was very quiet and my 2 teens thought it was going to be a boring week. But, the next day (Sunday), we went to the pool and there were 3 guys in charge of entertainment, Oliver, Ricky and Gibran. They absolutely made our trip. They always had energy, were always talking to everyone and always asked people to join in their poolside games and activities. If they were playing volleyball, they always made sure to ask people to come and play. If they were dancing, they tried to get people to dance with them. They really did keep up the excitement around the pool. Exactly what you would expect from a Hard Rock. If it was quiet around the pool area, you could see them teaching water aerobics or just playing board games with people. These employees should be commended!
Actually, the whole week we didn't run into one employee that didn't go beyond what was asked of them. When we arrived, I didn't care for my room location. The front desk (Juan and Adrian, I think) went beyond being accomodating to me. They put us in a perfect room location. Everyone we interacted with made it a perfect vacation. And, I'm especially grateful to Hard Rock and the 3 guys mentioned before, to making it a memorable vacation to my 2 daughters. We will definitely be back!
PS... I gave the spa a little lower rating because I was comparing it to the HR Dom Rep where the spa is AMAZING!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Hello pinkyinky123, thank you very much for your sweet comments, we are thrilled to hear that your family had a blast and even for your daughters this rock star vacations was a hit!
We will let Oliver, Ricky and Gibran know that you had a great vacation and a part of it was their rocking service! We know they will appreciate it. We look forward to see you again here at the Hard rock Hotel Vallarta. Keep on rocking!
ALL IS ONE
Brook Park, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

We are Legendary "Hall of Fame" as well as Palace Premier VIP members and have stayed twice previously when it was a Palace Resort. First of all, The Service ROCKS! With Alex, Miguel and Evana in Concierge all our needs and wants exceeded our expectation.
Milton was our SUPER vacation planner. Being a member, I had spa money and Milton was so efficient and patient booking all my treatments. Speaking of those, ask for Alma, she was my favorite. Domingo, Evita, Jovita, Maggie and Rosie were also great. It was nice to be greeted by Celina each time.
In the morning at The Market, the greeting of Angela and Ezequil was a great start to the day. Mario, our waiter, made sure we had our hot tea/cappucino and anything else we needed. The selection of food was great, especially the big chunks of fruit. The omelets and custom eggs were a nice plus.
We really enjoyed Frida for lunch. It's outside by the pool and you can have hamburgers, hot dogs and a large variety at their buffet - loved the wings and ribs - and a bar is right there too!
Dinner at Ipanema with Mgr. Norma was flawless. We loved seeing our waiter Rudolfo and his son Miguel again - always fun and great service!
Zen and Ciao were also great places to eat even though we didn't care for the background music in Zen - too much base drum and no "music".
Entertainment? Oliver was our favorite. He has such a way with people, especially kids. The Rock Circus was different than what we're used to but OK. The Battle of the Bands in the pool area were a bit loud but then again, we're seniors not used to that muisc. The guests seemed to enjoy it - especially the people by the swim-up bar.
Even though the beach isn't BLUE like Cancun, it's a great place to walk, have your chase lounge and watch people. We even saw stingrays.
My husband and I were fortunate to stay 2 weeks this time. Our room was made up and turned down in a timely manner every day! We really felt spoiled.
We took 2 Vallarta Adventurs tours - Sierra Madre North with Leon (excellent tour guide) and also Sierra Madre South with Miranda (also fun, informative and really nice!
To sum it up, if you enjoy the Hard Rock environment, we would highly recommend the Hard Rock Hotel Vallarta - THE SERVICE ROCKS!

Room Tip: The concierge rooms with the triangle balconies are the best. You do hear the "Rock" musi...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello there WRG2007, thank you for your review, it is great when our valued members live the real rock star treatment and thanks again for mentioning so many of our staff members; they work hard from backstage to the red carpet making your vacations a rock n’ roll fantasy! We will pass on your kind comments about them; they will appreciate them for sure. We are getting ready to make your next visit a smashing double platinum hit!
Strum that air guitar!!
TAKE TIME TO BE KIND
Lake Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

I have to clarify that I did NOT stay here. Only toured it but worth sharing my review. I had breakfast which was a small selection but sufficient. They had made to order omelets which is a big hit with me. The property is wonderful. I love the attention to details in regards to rooms and public areas. You can't go wrong with the Hard Rock decor. This property is a great size that it was easy to navigate without feeling on top of each other. The rooms were amazing regardless of category. Upgrades are available that will blow your mind with the amenities. It is located in Riviera Nayarit so not actually in Puerto Vallarta. Great beach and venue for weddings from what I saw. There are great places to relax inside or outdoors. They have a lifeguard in the kid section of pool with a small waterslide. That is rare so I was impressed with the concern for safety. They are building a kids club and expanding the spa.

Room Tip: Upgrade if you want but not necessary. There is one building that doesn't offer oceanviews. I wo...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Alejandro M, Customer Service Manager at Hard Rock Hotel Vallarta, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
Hello travelagentchristy, thanks for your review we appreciate the cool pictures! We love hearing that you had a blast and enjoyed the day at our beautiful resort!, we hope you come back soon and stay longer to enjoy all of our restaurants, pools, activities, night life and live the rock star lifestyle once more. Rock on!
ALL IS ONE
Monterrey, Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013 via mobile

We booked our wedding last October, since our first chat with Maricela everything was wonderful, she helped us a lot with all our questions (that were a ton) and more, we were anxious to get there, and when we did we were pleasantly surprised, since we got there we noticed there was music everywhere and we absolutely loved that! We received so many compliments and a five star treatment by all the people there. Then we met Marisol, our wedding planner who was always there when we needed her. The hotel is beautiful, we loved the food but more the one in the oriental restaurant (Zen), also our waiter Daniel who was so nice to us. By the pool Jose was the one who attended us and was always smiling :) the wedding went perfect, the coctel and dinner were delicious, everything there was the best experience we have had. We had a little issue with the reservations and payment system, but nothing too big to be disappointed.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello Amparo O, Thank you very much for your awesome review. Receive our sincere congratulations for your wedding and we thank you for choosing our resort to celebrate such an extraordinary event in life. We are thrilled to hear that you had such a great experience with us, and felt the smashing service of our crew, specially Marisol, they all bend over backwards to please all of our dear rockers. Thanks again for sharing your experience and we hope many readers and future rockers find them helpful to choose our resort as their stage for their wedding celebration and like you did, become real rock stars!
The crew, at the Hard Rock Hotel Vallarta stands up and says: for those about to rock, we salute you!!
LOVE ALL SERVE ALL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013 via mobile

We had our vows renewed on the beach...it was so beautiful...I had the best experience with this...my wedding planner was amazing....my photographer captured every moment in detail...my pictures were beyond my expectations...we absolutely LOVED the hotel and the service...EXCELLENT by far...we will definitly go back!

• Stayed June 2013
Dear kpineda, greetings from your friends at Hard Rock Hotel Vallarta! Congratulations on renewing your vows! We want to thank you for choosing us for your rock and roll vow renewal ceremony. We are glad you had a great time and loved your pictures, the rock shots photo sessions are the best way to keep the Hard Rock memories alive!
It’s great to hear that you had a great time in our resort, and we hope you all come back next year to celebrate your anniversary with us!
ALL IS ONE.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013 via mobile

Everything is horrible! The service has been the worse I've experiences in Mexico! They had to change our room 3 times.
The food is bad.
The first day we came I wanted to change hotels, this is definitely NOT a 5 star hotel.
Nothing good to say! We spent too much money and I feel like we were ripped off.

• Stayed July 2013
Alejandro M, Customer Service Manager at Hard Rock Hotel Vallarta, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
Dear Trusmarina, Thank you for sharing your opinion about your visit to our resort. We strongly believe that communication is the best way to improve and so we spare no effort to ensure that every voice is heard.
Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience you may have experienced during your stay. We truly regret to know about your perception in reference to the service provided by our staff, as you can see, we rarely receive this kind of comments, but rest assured that we will share them with the Management Team for further revision. In regards to your experience I hope I can hear some more details from you as to what specifically wasn't good about the service, I sent you a private message to contact you to provide you with the follow up that you deserve.
Best regards.

Been to Hard Rock Hotel Vallarta? Share your experiences!