“Great Place” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hard Rock Hotel Vallarta

You added Hard Rock Hotel Vallarta to your Saves list
Hard Rock Hotel Vallarta
4.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Paseo de los Cocoteros 19 - Villa 8 | Bahia de Banderas, Nuevo Vallarta 63732, Mexico   |
Special Price
CINCO DE MY OH MY-45% OFF
Ranked #4 of 27 Hotels in Nuevo Vallarta
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Alberta
“Great Place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

My wife and I loved the Hardrock Vallarta. The service was excellent always had people happy to serve you even on the beach they were always coming by to get you refills. We started out on the second floor on the north side very quiet away from everything could not really see ocean. We used the credits for upgrade and ended up over the bar on the 6th floor with ocean and pool view it was a little louder there but everything would quiet down around 11 so it was not a big problem. The Beds are excellent nice soft and comfortable you could also pick what type of pillow you wanted. I was expecting something like the resorts I have stayed at before that felt like a sheet of plywood with a light foam on it. They have time share people there You usually talk with them when you first show up they just told us what they could offer if you went to the presentation, if interested. I was very happy to notice the time share people at the hotel did not keep hounding you every day which made us very happy, I’ve stayed at other resorts where you almost try to hide or sneak around because they get so annoying. Our last day at the hardrock we needed to wait around till 2:45 where other resorts seemed like they wanted to boot you out the door at 11:00 am and forget about you, they made us feel welcome the whole time and did not put any type of rush on us. I’m trying to think of a negative to wright just so people don’t thing I’m just one of them people that are always happy with everything but for me everything was great. For a tip if you like quiet get a room higher up and away from the bar ask at the desk when you check in they will do all they can to get you where you want to be.

Room Tip: Try for a higher floor and if you realy like quiet just ask and they will try to put you in the best...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
RobertoRoja, Customer Service Manager at Hard Rock Hotel Vallarta, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Hey there Rapsidie,

Tnx a bunch for this wicked review. We’re beyond satisfied to learn you loved our comfy all inclusive resort.

We’re elated to know you got to live the Rock Star experience by taking advantage of your Resort Credits to upgrade your room, experiencing the great Vibe all day long and sleeping like a Rock at night.

It’s fantastic to know that our accommodating Frond Desk crew helped you to get a late checkout turning out this vacation into an unforgettable experience.

We would love to have you both coming back again sometime in the future so we can give you another Rockin’ memory!

LOVE ALL, SERVE ALL

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (455)
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

Had great fun at the Hard Rock Vallarta. The Sun Bar had a band most every night with some variety. Bar closes too early but was fun. Very friendly staff made the trip fun. Diego, Oscar, Silvia and Ricky were great for keeping the energy up. Sil was a fun dance teacher. Magdeleno was my vavorite bartender and knew what dirnk I wanted even when I was not so sure. Swimup bar is always a hit for me. The resport is somwhat small for the Hard Rock / Palace places. Music at the pools was spotty and needs a little more variety. But they did thankfully steered a moderate course. I liked that. People were there to have fun. The kids were usually seperate except for a few mindless parents that thought the pool bar was a good place for kids to hang out. Spa was great. Food was good.

Room Tip: Stay away from room above the Sun Bar.
Hi Ziggygt,

Thanx for this lovely review about our hotel; we are glad to have brought out the inner rock star within you!

We’re glad that you received top notch treatment from each and every Hard Rocker you encountered, kudos especially to Diego, Oscar, Sil & Ricky; our Entertainment team is definitely a bomb. A mention apart deserves Magdaleno, he is very dedicated to what he does and that’s always appreciated by our Rock Stars, we will make sure to let him know the positive impression he left on you.

We hope that you’ll come back to rock with all of us soon. Keep practicing your Rock face til then.

TAKE TIME TO BE KIND
Mill Creek, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

This trip was amazing on all levels and definitely my favorite vacation ever! We stayed from 4/20-4/28. Immediately upon walking into the hotel we were treated like royalty. It is terrible that I cannot remember her name at the front counter, but she checked us in and was AMAZING. She had curly hair and was the sweetest ever. We had a slight booking issue that was quickly resolved. We had rooms on the 3rd and 4th floor (there were 4 of us, 2 in each room) and the next day we were upgraded to the 8th floor with an amazing FULL ocean view from tip to tip over banderas bay. Awesome! Miguel and Victor were assigned to us as our butlers and they were more than amazing. We had only met Victor and the next day Miguel found us at the pool, knew our names, and introduced himself. SO AMAZING! Thank you both for your kindness and for reserving our pool chairs every morning for us!

Every single person working at this place is truly amazing. Never once did anyone act put off or unhappy to be at work. I could not believe the honest and genuine hospitality. We booked our activities with Lucia (Lucy) and she was great. We changed a few things around and she got us all set up. We booked Spa, Massages (Do the ocean breeze in the morning, it's amazing), Snorkeling, Sunset Cruise, and swimming with the dolphins. On each booking she made sure we knew exactly how much it would cost with the more than fair 16% tax on the trips. There were zero surprises upon checkout. Excellent customer service.

The swim up bar was by far my favorite. Magdaleno and Roberto were my absolute "favorito!". They know who you are, what you want and have a drink ready for you before you even get to the bar. They are fun, friendly and energetic. They would pose for pictures and take pictures for us...so hilarious and so fun. Thank you Magdaleno and Roberto! Make sure you get bumblebees -- You ask for 5 and Magdaleno will make 20 for you and your "closest friends", haha.

The entertainment staff --- Ricky, Oliver, Diego and Silvia...AMAZING! They are so fun, so cool and hilarious. I played many of the afternoon pool games...and at a point they were calling me out to play on the microphone by name...KATIE! Come on! Great Times. On our last day we made it count and got all the staff to play our favorite songs (including Danza Kuduro) and teach us the dances. Dancing on the pool platform is definitely recommended! I encourage participation in the games...you won't regret it.

The snorkel boat was super fun and fast. Benjamin was our guide and he was so funny and super nice. He would dive down and find sea creatures for us to touch, etc. Great trip! We were a few minutes late to the lobby to meet for our sunset cruise and Milton in the lobby called the boat for us and walked us (Very fast!) all the way to the boat and made sure we made it. He was so amazing to go that extra mile, literally, to make sure we got on the boat. Thank you Benjamin for snorkeling and Milton for your help!

Rosy in the spa was our favorite. She gives an amazing massage. 2 of us were lucky enough to get her. Shes so sweet and great at what she does. Request her!

Tito at the Ipanema restaurant was our favorite server. So hilarious and very tentative. Thank you!

The food was all good. I enjoyed all the restaurants including the market and the afternoon buffet in the mexican restaurant was my lunchtime favorite. Making your own omelettes is delicious and my friends loved the crepes. Ask the person at the podium in the morning for an outside cup/plate and go eat by the pool. It's so calm and quiet. We got up every morning and went poolside to start our day.

We loved swimming with the dolphins but it was the only disappointment of the entire trip when the cost for a photo disc of the great pictures they took was going to cost us $199. I was so bummed. I wished that there were better options for those photos -- or if they were available online for purchase. I might have looked at other options now that I have had time to think about it. I still recommend the tour 100%, but just know they tease you with great photos and THEN they show you the cost. We did a lot of waiting around before and after the actual dolphin swim, which I wasn't a huge fan of, but still worth it for sure.

We walked down the beach to release baby turtles into the ocean one night. Go to the beach and take a right...keep walking a bit and you'll see the turtle place. So cute. We also saw a huge humpback whale and baby putting on an amazing show on the Sunset Cruise. One night we also saw an amazing meteor that was orange, green and blue. It was beautiful and scared me at the same time!

All in all, best trip ever. I have always been a huge fan of going to Maui and thought i'd never top my trips there...but I finally have. We met tons of friends from all over the place -- Lots of new Canadian and USA friends. We even met the person staying in the Rock Star Suite (It's an amazing room) and she invited us in, we danced and she offered us to hang out with her and friends. So many great memories. I cannot wait to get back there. I'm still in vacation mode...

Thank you HR Vallarta -- You are the best!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
WOW Katie!!!!

What a review; you really spread us your euphoria! We’re very proud to be in your top fav destinations now. Thank you sooooo much for these detailed comments. That’s the way we love to see our Rock Stars; being still in vacation mode even when they left the resort.

We will figure out who was the sweetest girl that helped you with your smooth check in so we can encourage her to keep such an amazing labor. Miguel & Victor are definitely great guys and they will do anything to ensure you have a lovely stay; thanks for the compliments to Lucia, she is very talented and does some pretty great work; we’re glad that Roberto & Magdaleno were your favorite bartenders and that made sure to keep the drinks comin’ your way. Ricky, Oliver, Diego & Sil are great fellas and we’re cheerful that they were just dynamite. Not to mention Benjamin, Milton, Rosy & Tito; it seems all of these guys were above & beyond to spoil you rotten.

It is marvelous to know you fell in love with the intoxicating sunsets & mesmerizing views that our fabulous resort has to offer; in addition to that you delighted our wide variety of fare options from the finest restaurants to simple casual n’ quick bites… this is designed to cater even the most demanding Rock Star.

We will be overjoyed to receive you once more here in Hard Rock Hotel Vallarta; probably you’d like to book the Rock Star Suite in your upcoming vacation as you already tried it. Your Hard Rock family will be waiting for you with open arms.

SAVE THE PLANET
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

We just returned from our first visit to Mexico. Staying at the Hard Rock was wonderful. Of the $1500 resort credits all but $10 were used. We used some to upgrade our room to a pool and ocean view, beautiful sunsets! We used some on the city tour, beware, lunch was expensive, but the tequila tasting was good (on the city tour) and we bought a bottle of tequila. The guide on the city tour was funny and informative. We used resort credits to send the kids, 12 and 14, to swim with the dolphins, they absolutely loved it and because we only paid the 16% service fee we bought the full photo and video package at the end. We also used credits for the Ocean Riders snorkeling tour, lots of fun too and our guide was awesome. I thought the 16% service fee was fair.
The hotel staff was outstanding, from check-in with Miguel and Teresa, to Martin and Jenny, pool side drink servers, Magdaleno and Roberto at the swim up bar, Oliver with the entertainment crew was so incredibly energetic and friendly, Ricky Ricardo was extremely entertaining... I know I am forgetting names...
My kids also had a fantastic experience too, my daughter loved the pool side sushi, they had her order committed to memory :-). The pizza bar with nachos too was awesome!
The restaurants were awesome, Ciao had great Italian food, short ribs were fantastic, wait staff was great, sorry don't have names, breakfast at the Market was also awesome, fantastic omelettes and great fresh fruit, servers were great. Also enjoyed zen, the blue crab soup is a must try.
Both kids enjoyed the pool and my daughter especially liked body surfing in the waves at the beach.
Rooms were fairly small but nice and have a double size jacuzzi tub in the room itself, which my kids filled and snorkeled in the first night :-)
We met so many great people too and had fun with them all... from Pennsylvania, Seattle, Wisconsin, Missouri, Alberta and Quebec.
First time to Mexico, it was a really great intro to a new country to visit again!!

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking pool will hear the sun bar music and people talking, but after a day in the hot su...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
RobertoRoja, Customer Service Manager at Hard Rock Hotel Vallarta, responded to this review, May 4, 2013
Yay 7patti_vancouver_bc7!!!!!

We’re beyond happy to know you loved your first trip to Mexico & to our fantastic Hard Rock Hotel in Nuevo Vallarta. Thanks a lot for sharing your impressions with other Rockers.

Hey, you smart guys knew very well how to take advantage of our fabulous Resort Credits Promotion; it’s a great deal, isn’t it? It seems everybody was packed of tons of fun and that our entire team treated you as true Rock Stars; they’ll be rewarded for turning out this vacation into a Rockin’ time, all of them are definitely assets to our Hard Rock Fam.

Let alone our fine & casual restaurants and our quick bites venues. Not to mention you met new friends here, this is the perfect stage with the perfect Vibe to hang with the band.
We hope to welcome you back a second time so we can Rock your socks off.

ALL IS ONE
Kelowna, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

Travel to Mexico, no way honey. However, we decided to make a surprise trip to join our eldest daughter, her husband and our two eldest grandchildren. Their destination was the Hard Rock Resort in Nuevo. Our first experience of an all inclusive, our first experience of Mexico and we couldn't have had a better vacation. We have travelled the U.S., Hawaii. A smaller resort which meant you actually met people, shared the day's experiences with them and learned where else to explore. The entire staff is amazing and the guests are their priority. There is no limit to a la carte dining and all restaurants provide wonderful food and incredible service. In 10 days we did not tire of the choices. Although you must pay the taxes on the room credits, we were hard pressed to use all our credits. You can use them to upgrade your room, meals or wine if you wish. The local wines were adequate and certainly palatable with the meals. I would suggest rooms away from the Sun Bar as it can be noisy. The beach is great, lots of palapas for shade. We thoroughly enjoyed the Entertainment activities and the staff keep things lively and fun. Cab rides are very inexpensive affording the opportunity to explore beyond the resort. Highly recommend any activities through Vallarta Adventures. Had such a great experience we are taking all the family next year.

Room Tip: Rooms on the south wing are much quieter.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
RobertoRoja, Customer Service Manager at Hard Rock Hotel Vallarta, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
Wow Kensita!!!

Thank you much for such an encouraging review, we ourselves are thrilled that you didn’t change your mind about paying us a visit. It is absolutely terrific you found your very first time in Hard Rock Hotel Vallarta and in Mexico to be PERFECT! That’s the way we love to see our Rock Stars.

It is fabulous to know that our entire Crew spoiled you untiringly and that our delicious cuisine offer satisfied & tasted your desire. You most definitely have to come back and Rock with us.

LOVE ALL, SERVE ALL
Vancouver
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013 via mobile

I had to stay here for work, what a monstrosity. Mega resort with minimal decor- but its a hard rock. There is suppose tp be a whole lot of crazy crap on the walls! Whatever. Sparse rooms, simple decor yet very bad taste. If you pay $2k and use all of your $1.5k resort credit then I guess that makes it pretty cheap. Is that a good thing?

• Stayed December 2012
RobertoRoja, Customer Service Manager at Hard Rock Hotel Vallarta, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Hey Great_Expectations84,

Thank you for posting your opinion. We’re really sorry to know you did not notice any clue of being in a fabulous Hard Rock Hotel. Yes, we have a minimal style however we’ve got many features to remind you that you’re living the Rock Star experience. Did you see the giant Mexico’s flag & Santana’s mural over the lobby? It was made with album covers of musicians of all ages; did you notice the Brazilian music at Ipanema? Or the Italian music at Ciao? Did you have the opportunity to listen to our Liverpool band? By any chance, did you noticed our unique memorabilia all around the lobby? Didn’t you receive a complimentary playlist in your key holder? Just to mention something… Probably you could not see it because you were here very quickly because of your job, but hey it’s ok; beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Nonetheless we invite you to come back and enjoy our smashing service & luscious food in the future. Our entire band will be waiting for you with open arms.

TAKE TIME TO BE KIND
Eugene
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

We just spent five nights at this all-inclusive resort, and were BLOWN AWAY by the accommodations, service, and amenities included with our package. We were given $1500 in resort credit to apply toward various activities ranging from golf to a zip line to a dolphin swim to massages and mani/pedicures. The $1500 was more than adequate to cover all these activities!! The only "catch" was a tax/service fee attached to each one (something like 16%) which was charged to our room. There is plenty to do around the hotel if "activities" are not your bag... Beautiful pools and immediate access to the beach, with free use of the hotel's boogie boards, kayaks and bikes. Restaurants galore, with amazing food and service (I swear, the Mexican people are the friendliest on the face of the earth... We were pleasantly surprised!) You could eat and drink all day here, with the only cost being the much-deserved tips. Visit this place!!!

Room Tip: Try to get a room away from the pool... There is music playing out there most of the time, as well a...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
RobertoRoja, Customer Service Manager at Hard Rock Hotel Vallarta, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Yay Anthony!

Thank you lots for this wonderful review you’ve given us. It’s great news learning about how great your trip was! We believe that we have an amazing facility and equally as amazing Hard Rockers who pride themselves on taking very special care of each and every one of our Rock Stars.

It’s AMAZING to learn you were busy all the week long and that you took full advantage of the great activities, features and venues that we have to offer. Our Hard Rock family is looking forward to rolling out the red carpet for your next visit and spoil you as only you deserve.

SAVE THE PLANET

Been to Hard Rock Hotel Vallarta? Share your experiences!