“Another great stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hard Rock Hotel Vallarta

You added Hard Rock Hotel Vallarta to your Saves list
Hard Rock Hotel Vallarta
4.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Paseo de los Cocoteros 19 - Villa 8 | Bahia de Banderas, Nuevo Vallarta 63732, Mexico   |
Special Offer
KIDS STAY FREE + 40% OFF
Ranked #4 of 27 Hotels in Nuevo Vallarta
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Calgary
“Another great stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

We came back to the Hard Rock Vallarta two years after our first stay here. It was the Vallarta Palace then and we were a bit worried about staying at the Hard Rock Hotel with our six year old son. We weren't sure how it would be for kids thinking that it might have become a party place.

Our fears were totally unfounded. It's a great place to stay for all. It still has great service. The staff are fabulous. In fact, many of the same staff are still there. We were treated so well by everyone there. They were so friendly. Tito and Julianna were fantastic when we were out by the pool, which was most of the day. So was everyone else for that matter. We spent a good part of the day in the pool with our six year old son. He loved the new water slide and the waterfall over the hot tub. The swim up bar was great as well.

The beach here is superb. Sandy with warm water. Good all around.

We came once before and we'd love to come back. A great place for a vacation!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
RobertoRoja, Customer Service Manager at Hard Rock Hotel Vallarta, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
Hey Todd A,

How are you getting on? Thank you much for posting such an encouraging review and for preferring us above others.

It is thrilling to know that your concerns were beaten by the fabulous service provided and that even the smallest one had lots of fun with the new Rock features.

We hope that future Rock travelers find useful your review and that they realize as well that this is still a family-friendly hotel.

Thank you too for emphasize the great job that Tito & Julianna did to turn your visit into a blast; our Rock Staff is indeed the soul of the band.

We are ready to roll out the red carpet, open the curtain and rock your next vacation. Your entire Hard Rock Vallarta family will be waiting for ya with open arms.

Let’s rock together!!!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (467)
Calgary
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

First and foremost I would like that Uriel so so much for all of his help in planning our wedding at the Hard Rock Vallarta. He MADE our trip!! He is such a friendly and kind person, well organized and an extremely hard worker. All of my emails were answered promptly and all questions answered without doubt. My husband and I are continuing to keep in touch with him as we now consider him a friend.

We had a large group of 50 people join us for our wedding which was November 15, 2012. We hosted a welcome dinner the first night we all arrived on the Ciao Terrace. I chose the italian buffet for the meal this night and the food was amazing. Everyone commented on how awesome the fish was! Half of us flew out of Calgary and the others out of Edmonton, which was delayed 4 hours! Unfortunately this group missed out on the majority of the welcome dinner but Uriel and the rest of the staff kept it going for us an extra 45 min so everyone could eat. Two of our guests also didn't get their bags taken off the bus and Uriel and the concierge worked for hours on getting them back that night.

Our guests booked their tours and excursions mostly through Sandra and Lucy of guest services who are both great. Lucy helped me to book 40 of our guests on the Rythms of the Night tour which was quite an ordeal because of the large group but she did a great job and even got some of our friends moved over that had previously booked with another provider. Thank you so much Lucy, you calmed my frazzled bride brain!

The day of the wedding was all that we had asked for and so much more. Uriel and the rest of his staff were always ensuring everything was on time and going according to plan. I didn't get to enjoy any of the cocktail hour food which was Mexican buffet but our guests said it was fantastic. We had our dinner, cocktail hour and reception all on the beach. It was very beautiful but I didn't anticipate the sand being such an issue. It really does end up everywhere! I wouldn't change my decision to have the reception on the beach as I now have amazing memories of dancing in the surf under a starry sky with my new husband and all our friends and family, but it is something to consider. The dancefloor was covered in sand very quickly so most of us were just barefoot all night. When having an outdoor party, you have to be shut down by 10:30 which is kind of an issue if you like to party. We all went to the sunbar which was still great as there was a live band preforming that evening anyways. Our dinner for the wedding was BBQ buffet which was excellent.

Brides: Consider getting your dress drycleaned while you're down there. At home I was facing $200+ to have it done so I opted to have the resort laundry take care of it for $55 and it turned out beautifully.

The ocean is very warm but a little rough at times. Most days the yellow flag was out. Once you get out past the break it isn't too bad but I wouldn't let children out of your sight.

The area, Nuevo Vallarta, feels extremely safe. We did a trash the dress photo shoot in old Puerto Vallarta and the melacon and we never felt unsafe. Just watch out for traffic.

The food at the resort is the best I have ever experienced at an all inclusive. The spring rolls in Zen, the lasagna at Ciao, and the room service were all great. I really can't complain about any meal I had in our 2 weeks.

The service, as is constantly mentioned on this site, is THE BEST at this resort. Everyone is more than willing to help you with anything you need. Tido, Angelica, and Erica were all favorites around the pools and beach. Thank you all so much for mudslide after mudslide after mudslide. All the front concierge staff are awesome as well, I can't recall any names but they were all prompt and willing to help you with anything. Please please show your gratidue and tip people!! They deserve every dollar they receive.

The weather was perfect the entire time, I think there was one day it was overcast but other than that, hot sunny and 32 or warmer! Gorgeous escape from our long cold Alberta winters.

We did utilize some of our resort credit but didn't come close to using it all. We wanted to upgrade our room but there wasn't any available to upgrade to which was fine as we were given an ocean view room on the 5th floor. I would have been able to use it all had you been able to use more in the spa. I had my bridal hair done, a pedicure and my husband and I each had massages. This ended up being over the 300 you can use towards spa so we had to pay an addtional 100 or so dollars. The hair was great as were the massages, but my pedicure was just ok. It felt rushed, and my feet were still very rough afterwards. It was a good thing it was done the day before the wedding as it only lasted about 3 days. We also used our credit for the zip line tour which was great. I would highly recommend Vallarta Adventures for any other excursions you would like to do outside of the resort credit.

Again thank you to all the staff at Hard Rock Vallarta for making our trip one to remeber. We hope to return for our anniversary and will continue recommending this resort.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
RobertoRoja, Customer Service Manager at Hard Rock Hotel Vallarta, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Hi Melissa v,

We are absolutely thrilled to hear from you again and very grateful to you for your preference when selecting our resort for such a special occasion as your Rock Wedding.

We must say that we cannot stress enough our satisfaction about the positive experience and terrific time you mention to have spent in our hotel in a so thoroughly way. It really seems like a true Rock Star wedding.

Thank you too for mentioning the names of those people who were out of their way to make you feel pampered, especially Uriel whose great job paid well off.

We hope that future brides & grooms find useful all your detailed recommendations and comments.

You may rest assured we are ready to roll out the red carpet and rock your first anniversary. Please contact us in advance for any further assistance.

Keep the good times rolling!!!
Las Vegas, NV
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

We wanted to go someplace warm over the New Year holiday that was a short plane ride from the west coast. Other contingencies included a direct flight from LA and the ability to do an RCI timeshare week exchange. The Hard Rock Vallarta met the criteria. Hemos tenido unas vacaciones más excelente (We had a most excellent vacation!) The beach is a beautiful sandy beach. No rocks, seaweed and very few shells or coral to cut your feet on. We chose the all-inclusive option and we were pleased with food and dining options. Not gourmet, but a very good selection of entrees and the service was superb. Special recognition to Carlos (Jesus) at Zen – you made it special and you delighted us at each meal when we dined there.
The overall service in the resort was fantastic. We are from Las Vegas and we are from the hotel / resort industry so we are “snobs” when it comes to service. The staff at the Hard Rock Vallarta went above and beyond delivering EXCELLENT service. They were EXTRAORDINARY. They truly made this trip memorable.

I “lost” my camera in a taxi cab on the next to the last day of our trip and the bell staff tracked down the taxi driver and retrieved the camera before we departed for the airport. Jesus and Josue deserve extra special recognition because they followed up until the camera was delivered to the property. Evana the concierge also deserves a special mention because she took the initial report and followed through until the end. I should also mention that the taxi driver reported that he had found the camera and that he wanted to deliver it to “its rightful owner”. I never thought I would see this camera again – and I was overwhelmed by the honesty and integrity of the taxi driver and the diligence of the hotel staff.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
RobertoRoja, Customer Service Manager at Hard Rock Hotel Vallarta, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Hola Clau,

Glad to hear from you again. Receive cordial greetings from all your Hard Rock Vallarta family. We want to thank you so much for giving us a chance and for sharing your Rock experience.

It is marvelous to know you enjoyed our sandy beach and our assorted variety in dining, but above all we are very proud that we could exceed your expectations even when they were so high.

Thanks as well for highlighting our coworkers Carlos, who delivered the most smashing service, and Jesus, Josue and Evana who were out of their way to recover your camera, they will be very happy to know their effort paid greatly off.

We are ready to deck out the stage for you and rock your next vacation.

Expect the unexpected!!!
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

Before traveling to the new place, Puerto Vallarta, we really researched a lot and doubted. This place was a great choice! The rooms are clean, it took us some time to get used to the colors though. Also, the jacuzzi blocks half of the room, so really felt unnecessary to us. Food was excellent, plenty of everything. This is definitely the most upscale all inclusive we've ever been to, and we are traveling a lot! For example, for NEW YEAR buffet they had many different appetizers, duck, chicken, beef and even lobster tail for main course. You can have as much food as you want; just walk into any restaurant, anytime, don't have to sit down, just grab what you need. Plenty of good drinks. Exceptional service, they are always super nice and quick with tips or without.
The only little minus I could say, one day we felt like having room service, and it never arrived. However, in this place you don't really need the room service.
Pools are good and clean, a little chilly, not heated. The entertainment is fine, not great, but OK. Beach is beautiful, wavy, but the water is pretty warm.
Our son is epileptic; he had seizure right the first day we arrived. The staff treated us exceptionally, the doctor arrived in 2 min., and stayed with us as long as we needed to feel our little son was safe. I wish we had this doctor here in LA. SPECIAL thank you to Edgar, he stopped every day to ask our son how he felt.
With this place you can't go wrong. It's good for families, kids, romance, there is something to do for everybody.
I hope we can go back soon.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
RobertoRoja, Customer Service Manager at Hard Rock Hotel Vallarta, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Hola jen170,

Thank you very much for having chosen our hotel after your deep research and for sharing your Hard Rock experience with us.

It is absolutely encouraging to know you did not regret of your choice and that you felt the Rock Star treatment during you very first time in Nuevo Vallarta; it is good to learn you loved the special dinner that our Rock Chefs cooked for the New Years Eve; it is great to know too that more than one person wanted to make sure that your child was safe.

We hope you will give us the opportunity to roll out the red carpet for you again with the smashing service you already know. All the crew will be waiting for you with open arms.

Expect the unexpected!!!
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

There are goods and bads of every resort and HRH is no exception. To start with the good. We had our wedding there and it was amazing. This is a very small resort. The grounds are incredible and just like any hard rock, the music is loud (by the pool), which is great! No need to worry, you can't hear anything at the beach so it is easy to get away.

The resort credit is tough because the massage (which are great) can only be used for a portion. The food is what you expect, not bad at all, but high end cafeteria. I am not a foodie and I had no complaints. My wife loves wine and the selection was horrible, so you use your room credit to buy, but a USD $8 Ravens Wood costs $200 (which is 16% fee) so $32 USD for a $8 bottle.

If you are going to do a wedding, Uriel is amazing.

Ricardo at the pool is makes every day even more fun. He was the MVP of the trip!

The Sun bar is great, and the servers are amazing. I can't remember her name, but she is Mexican & from Chicago... she was amazing and ALL servers were quick with the drinks and VERY!!!! eager to help out.

ONLY MAJOR complaint was Carlos in guest services. He was simply the worst customer service rep EVER! He was arrogant and completely LAME. We brought over 40 people to the resort and he would not comp $30 for a mistake one of his reps made. Simply HORRIBLE!!! I'd stay away from guest services and just do it on your own... yeah, that bad of an experience.

Besides Carlos, this was an amazing experience. Such great people, its unfortunate 1 person left a sour taste for me and 8 other of our guests... but Ricardo, Uriel were some of the best EVER!!!

Room Tip: Use room credit for a room upgrade and we were VIP guests, but it didn't feel any different
Hello again sea4life,

We are very grateful for your great comments and for picking us to celebrate your Rock Wedding, we feel very proud you scored it as excellent.

Thanks for standing out the excellent job that Uriel and Ricardo did during your visit.

On the other hand we believe that there is always something to improve so we thank you much too for your observations in the areas where you did not felt the top notch service that our Rock Stars deserve. We have shared all your comments with our Management Team and you may rest assured that we will re train our coworker in Guest Services in order to deliver the politeness and helpfulness that characterizes us.

We would be very pleased to rock your first anniversary. Please contact us in advance so we can prepare something very special for ya.

Practice your rock face!!!
minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

Awesome place to stay, great restuarant choices and buffets, plus outside snack bars, and swim up bar, many pools, great entertainment, pleasant working staff, beautiful rooms with jaccuzi, refrig, and portable bar, robes, balcony, view, pleasant place to spend your vacation. free phone use to USA, free internet, nitely shows, etc. wonderful beach and weather. recommend!! plus the $1500 credit to be used by each room for pedicures, manicures, massages of your choice, dolphin swim, ziplining, sunset cruise, speed and snorkel cruise, city tour, photo picture package, special dining for couple or family with special entertainment!!! what more would one want!!!?????? wake up at 9 am and still get a chair on the beach or at pool. pool games and poker!! wow!!! two years in a row, and would go back!! great new years eve celebration also!! all included in your stay!!! can't hardly use up the $1500 per room!!!

Room Tip: Delux ocean view gives you a view of the whole place, pools and ocean, and watch the dolphins jump f...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Hey snicker1,

Thanks a lot for your amazing review and for picking our resort to celebrate the New Years Eve.

It seems you took full advantage of everything we have to offer. Wow, thank you for summarize our main features and activities.

Thanks as well for recommending us. We cannot stress enough our satisfaction that you were so happy during your vacation. We are ready to deck out the stage to rock your next visit.

Keep the good times rolling!!!
Lake in the Hills, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

We just returned from the Vallarta Palace/Hard Rock and we had the following issues:
1. The food was way below Palace standards; the Ipename restaurant is awful and the food is overcooked and full of fat, totally unedible
2. The service is very, very average; the exception being Jaun and Diane, they were OUTSTANDING!
3. Jack Daniels is listed as an available alcohol, but it was an ongoing game of hide and seek to find it and get it
4. Our Jacuzzi in our room never worked, and we reported it three times, then we were told there was a trick to turn it on. A trick that never worked for us
5. My wife got a terrible massage at the spa, but they did agree to re-do it the next day
6. Our transportation was a taxi, not the hotel transport
7. The drain in our shower was backed up, it would be clear for one shower
8. When we went to leave, the front desk wanted to overcharge us by $21, but the manager did correct that
Our previous experiences at palace resorts were very positive, but we will not return to the one in Puerto Vallarta, nor would we recommend it to anyone

Room Tip: Definitely want the ocean view
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
RobertoRoja, Customer Service Manager at Hard Rock Hotel Vallarta, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
Dear bentley63,

We thank you much for sharing your opinion about your last stay in our hotel. We are extremely sorry that our service was not up to your expectations.

We really regret that our assorted cuisine with more than five options was not to your liking; in addition to that our Rock Chefs are always delighted to cook any special dish or meat in the way that our demanding Rock Stars may request. We have shared as well your comment about the lacking of your favorite whiskey brand with our Food & Beverages Manager in order to prevent this kind of situations and avoid any similar situation in the future.

As per early reviews you can see that we always train and encourage our Rock Staff to deliver the most personalized, warm and polite service, hence we are surprised to learn that only a couple of our coworkers were above and beyond to made your visit very special; we have sent the rest of the band to the backstage to rehearse before the performance. We were surprised too that your wife’s massage was not of her satisfaction, respectfully let me inform you that all our therapists are certified professionals. We hope she was relaxed with her second massage.

Regarding your transportation we indeed offer a shuttle from the airport however it needs to be confirmed prior to your arrival. I invite you to contact us for further information.

About the maintenance inconveniences you had, I have little to say, we are reviewing our records to ensure these inconveniences to be repaired in case that they had not been repaired when you reported; please accept our heartfelt apologies for any inconvenience you may have experienced during your stay and we encourage you to always bring to our attention these or any other comments, concerns or suggestions during your stay that may help us to revamp our processes in order to raise our quality standards.

Please be informed, we are in no way, taking your dissatisfaction lightly, in fact your comments have been forwarded to several key people in our organization including our Management Team. Furthermore, we have begun putting a comprehensive plan in place to provide better and timely information, more tools and resources for our guest and improved procedures for handling challenges in the future. We are confident, as a result of these actions; we will continue being reliable and customer responsive.

We are always willing to listen to your additional comments and concerns, please feel free to contact us for any further feedback.

We sincerely would like to change your perception and we hope you will give us the opportunity to change the taste that you left this time.

Keep the good memories!!!

Been to Hard Rock Hotel Vallarta? Share your experiences!