“Keep track of your credits!” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hard Rock Hotel Vallarta

You added Hard Rock Hotel Vallarta to your Saves list
Hard Rock Hotel Vallarta
4.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Paseo de los Cocoteros 19 - Villa 8 | Bahia de Banderas, Nuevo Vallarta 63732, Mexico   |
Special Price
CINCO DE MY OH MY-45% OFF
Ranked #4 of 27 Hotels in Nuevo Vallarta
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Prince George, Canada
“Keep track of your credits!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

After all the wonderful reviews about this hotel I am really surprised with our experience :( The staff was really great (until checkout), the pools are nice, the beach is great... other than that... the drinks were watered down, the buffet was Exactly the same every day, the beds were hard uncomfortable and small. The day before we were leaving I went to the Vacation Planner station to see how many resort credits we had left. I was told we had 100, so that night at dinner we ordered 2 lobster tails with our meal. Upon check out we were told we were $100 over due to the lobster. I talked to supervisor after supervisor trying to explain that I would have NEVER spent $100 on 2 lobster tails and the only reason we did was to use the last of our Resort Credits. I was told there was nothing they could do about it and it was my fault for going over. I'm not saying I would never recommend this hotel, but make sure you have everything in writing and also write down who you were talking to, as they are constantly asking who you were talking to or who you booked through. Also, even though tipping is included, we were informed upon checkin that extra tipping is appreciated.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
RobertoRoja, Customer Service Manager at Hard Rock Hotel Vallarta, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Dear TanyaDoran,

We consider communication as the best way to improve hence we would like to thank you for sharing your opinion with us and with other travelers about your visit to the Hard Rock Hotel Vallarta.

We are terribly sorry to know we could not fulfill your expectations and that your experience was not so positive this time.

We sincerely apologize too for any misunderstanding with the Resort Credits promotion; every guest can ask for the promotion information printed whenever necessary, nonetheless such information is being updated according the booked activities or purchased products at different times, if this was the case, it was never our intention that you exceeded your credits left.

We already shared all your comments with our Management Team in order to prevent and correct the opportunity areas where we tripped over. We sincerely hope you will give us the opportunity to turn around your perception in the near future. Please contact us in advance so we can prepare something very special for you.

Keep the good memories!!!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (456)
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

This all-inclusive resort was formerly a Palace Resort. It opened as a Hard Rock resort on 8/14/2012. It has been totally revamped and upgraded. The pampering begins the moment you step off the shuttle from the airport, with refreshing moist towels. Beverages are served as you check in. There is a $1500 per room resort credit for 7 night stays, which can be used for spa treatments, tours, special lobster dinners and room upgrades. Our room was on the top floor concierge level. We had a nice large balcony with a small table and two chairs. All rooms have an ocean view. Service was impeccable. Room service was promptly served by smiling staff. The rooms were squeaky clean, the linens and bedding of the highest quality. The mini bar was fully stocked daily with bottled water, beer, juice and soft drinks. There were full-size bottles of liquor in a dispenser, which we did not use. The food was very good, with dinner at the Asian and Italian restaurants a special standout. A hut near the pools featured a wood fired pizza oven, where you could select your ingredients for your personal size pizza. This pizza was done in 5 min. and was excellent. The pools are beautiful and very well kept. There are plenty of pool lounges for everyone, and poolside service was very pleasant. The evening shows in the amphitheatre were nice, but not great. The area surrounding the hotel felt very safe. We walked to a nearby mall and the marina with no concerns for safety. I highly recommend the City Tour and Sunset Cruise.

Room Tip: Upgrade to highest floor, if possible.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
RobertoRoja, Customer Service Manager at Hard Rock Hotel Vallarta, responded to this review, December 29, 2012
Hello 4thebirds24,

Wow, thank you so much for your amazing review. We are absolutely thrilled you had such a blast during your visit.

Thank you so much as well for noticing the improvements that were done in every area, we are glad that you were so pampered by our always caring Rock Staff from your arrival till the moment of departing, you took advantage of everything what we have to offer for our Rock Stars.

We will be overjoyed to receive you once more here in Hard Rock Hotel Vallarta. Your Hard Rock family will be waiting for ya with open arms.

Expect the unexpected!!!
Chicago, IL
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

My experience at Hard Rock (a.k.a. Vallarta Pallace) left a lot to be desired. I had originally booked a seven night trip and ended up leaving after the second night (I transferred to the Marival Residences, which was amazing). I expected to walk into the hotel and feel like I was in paradise, but all I felt was a huge lump of disappointment. The hotel was clearly under construction. There was exposed drywall, cracked paint and out-of-service elevators. I might have been able to get past the construction if the food was decent, but the food was lacking, too. I remember ordering a ravioli dish with "prawns" but ended up getting Chef Boyardee with overcooked baby shrimp. And the breakfast buffet was lukewarm and bland. On the positive side, the beach and pools were nice and the rooms are decent.

To sum up, I would never go here again...especially not for the price.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear taria4jamarr,

We would like to thank you for sharing your opinion with us and with other readers of this important forum.

In reference to the construction mentioned on your review, respectfully allow me to inform you that the transition from the earlier brand to Hard Rock Hotel Vallarta took place in smooth phases, from one resort area to another at different times six months ago, we tried to do the least intrusive possible for our valued Rock Stars. Please accept our most sincere apologies for any inconveniences this transition may have caused during your stay.

As per the most recent comments and reviews you can see that we are fully operating and ready to deck out the stage and pamper our celebrities as they deserve so we would like to invite you to give us another chance and turn around your perception. Please contact us in advance for any further assistance.

Richmond Hill, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

Having stayed at several Palace resorts over the past few years,at various locations was curious how Hard Rock would measure up! We are true fans of Palace resorts , loving every aspect of their resorts we have visited so far(Thanks to great fiends who " share").
The staff at Hard Rock were mixed, with some amazing staff,who helped us "spend" our 1500 , market place staff and a few others. What I found missing was consistency , at least at first.
We had a " singing" toilet in our room which at first was amusing but really became annoying at 3 in The morning and as it became more frequent. We left our balcony doors open to drown out the erratic sounds of the toilet only to realize we were letting ants in 5 stories up.we had staff come and fix the toilet 4 or 5 times before it was fixed. One night staff was in our room until 10:030 if not later. all staff were apologetic and polite The last 2 nights we had noisy hotel guests from one of the weddings so cannot say it was restful.we should have insisted on being moved, but our nature is not to complain and hind sight is wonderful and at first the toilet noises were minimal..
Our first night there we had an incredible meal served at theAsian restaurant, with exceptional service ,so when we went back our last evening ,we had expected the same level of food. My husband ordered the exact same meal( because he had enjoyed his first meal so much) and was disappointed, as it was not nearly as good. Sauce was different as was the cut of beef. Our last evening there was extremely busy ,and staff certainly tried to make everyone happy.
Pool area is lovely and very close to the beach, Again the first few days , staff were not all one us about drinks or food.Improved as the week went on.
Went to one of their presentations and really had hoped my husband would consider this , however based on the fact that the golf extras,such as the cab ride and lousy tee off times,he was not impressed. Adding the singing toilet and inconsistencies he was not buying , The Moon Palace golf resort is his Favorite so far.
Love Puerto Vallarta, maybe even more than the Mayan Riviera side! It isa community and way of life, not only a resort area. So much to see and do. didn't think it was possible as The Mayan side has always been my favourite.
We will most definitely come back of Puerto Vallarta, will need to do some convincing to return to Hard Rock.
The lounge chairs on the patio, may be Stylish but are very uncomfortable,we heard many people complain:)
The spa staff and the Market place staff were exceptional! Thank you ! Italian restaurant was wonderful with amazing During the day, service was somewhat inconsistent !
Decor was really interesting!

Room Tip: Ocean view and higher up rooms a must, with so many beautiful sunsets
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
RobertoRoja, Customer Service Manager at Hard Rock Hotel Vallarta, responded to this review, December 28, 2012
Hi Artrepeneur,

Please allow us to thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback regarding your recent stay here in Hard Rock Hotel Vallarta; your opinion is very important for us, since we consider the best way we have to improve in all aspects is through the communication with our valued customers.

In one hand we are happy to know than some of our most glowing and devoted coworkers were above and beyond to make you feel as true Rock Stars, however, on the other hand we really regret that you felt an inconsistent service during your whole stay.

We will send our Service Stars to the backstage once more before the performance. You can be sure your next visit will be wonderful from start to finish.

Please contact us in advance for your next visit so we can deck out a very special stay for ya.

Hang with the band!!!
Kalamazoo, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

We just got back from our 5th trip to the Palace now Hard Rock resort. The strengths of this hotel have always been, in order…1. Friendly competent staff 2. Great food and great variety 3. Beautiful facility.
Unfortunately, the Hard Rock people have improved number 3 and let their number 1 and 2 most valuable assets slide dramatically.
I would guess that the hotel has lost at least 15 to 20% of their most seasoned and experienced employees. Don’t get me wrong, there are still many, many great employees left that go out of their way to put the best face of the resort forward. David and Daniel at Zen. Felix, the assistant food and beverage manager. Diana at the pool and Adrian at the beach are just a few of the still shining examples of great people still working here. Unfortunately there are now many more examples of newer people that just don’t seem to take the same pride. It may be that the new management has just cut back too much in expense, and it shows badly. On more than one morning there was only 3 staff for a crowded restaurant. It was difficult and slow to even get water or coffee.
Most nights there were only 3 restaurants open even though the hotel was 80 to 90% full. Some of the restaurants that were open were a mad house. The food at Ipanema is inedible, period…and everybody I talked to felt the same about it. The meats served are grizzled and second or third rate. The salad bar which was previously great there has been reduced to a joke.
Food at all the restaurants with the exception of Zen was frequently served cold…which gets very tiring after a few days. I talked about the food with probably 20 different people around the pool during my visit and frankly many people had an even harsher opinion than mine. I can’t really explain all the good reviews unless the people writing them are time share owners protecting their investment or people with a really low bar.
This is my first ever review on Trip Advisor and I’m writing it only because I hope they get their act together at the Hard Rock. This has always been a really sweet and high quality place and I’m saddened that it’s changed so much for the worse. We probably won’t be back for at least a couple of years and maybe not ever.
I would be more than happy to share my other observations with management if they are interested in hearing them. I don’t think I’m alone in the many things I noticed that are going haywire in this once fine resort.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear dom_ino191,

Thank you so much for sharing your comments with us. Your feedback is very important; we are very serious about customers’ satisfaction and you may rest assured that all your comments were already forwarded to our Management Team.

We sincerely regret to know that this time your experience was not so positive. Please accept our heartfelt apologies for any inconvenience you may have experienced during your stay; this is certainly not the image we strive to portray at our Resort to our valued Customers. It is our obligation to make our customers feel as they deserve and this is why we regret that you did not feel our warm service and our special treatment which is customary to our Guests.

We would like to have the opportunity to change your perception. Please feel free to contact us for any further assistance.

Love all – Serve all
Wintersville, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012

The Hard Rock Vallarta was fantastic. Although smaller than Punta Cana, it was more convenient and much friendlier. The main pool with the swim up bar is great. During the day, the entertainment provided was phenomenal. Ricardo and his entertainment crew (Stef and Michelle) really made each and every day fun and exciting. They were extremely friendly and entertaining, providing countless laughs and new contests and water sports activities. Ricardo was also very helpful for recommendations as to local restaurants. He is a great guy, and I'm glad I had the chance to meet him. He is a significant reason the days at the hotel were not just monotonous lying by the pool. He always cracked great jokes and made fun for all age groups.

Guadalupe from Xen was one of the best waiters I have ever had. Xen and the other 3 restaurants were great. The staff everywhere from the front door to cleaning staff were extremely friendly and welcoming. They always had smiles on their faces.

I only had two minor issues and that was my massage at the spa and service one night at Frida. The rest of my family and my friend had no problems with their massages but mine just was not forceful or powerful. It felt like she was just rubbing lotion on me. I wanted to tell the spa staff but the reviews are not anonymous and they watch you fill them out so I felt bad. I went to Frida two or three times and all the times except one the service was amazing. Just one time there was a very large party, and we kind of got ignored and they forgot two appetizers and messed up an entree. They corrected their mistakes to the best of their ability however because the manager came out to ensure quality service.

Overall, I would recommend the Hard Rock Vallarta with zero hesitations. The property is beautifully decorated, our Rock Suite was awesome, and most importantly the staff are just phenomenal. They really make the hotel with their endless smiles and pampering.

Thanks again to Ricardo and Guadalupe for being such great staff members, and to the rest of the staff for making the trip a memorable one. Downtown Puerto Vallarta (20 min away) also has tremendous nightlife that we really took advantage of. By we, I mean my friend that came with me and people we met at the hotel. I cannot wait to visit other Hard Rock hotels as we have the membership with them.

Room Tip: Rock Suite on fifth floor. End of the hallway - has a huge balcony, great view, and very quiet.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Yikes Ankur1217,

Thank you very much for sharing such a nice review. We are very happy to learn you had an overall terrific time here in our Hotel.

Thanks as well for noticing the politeness and commitment of our Rock Staff, they are actually our brightest jewel, especially Ricardo, Stef, Michelle and Guadalupe; we will reward them for making your stay a very enjoyable experience.

We will continue training with our Team in the areas where you felt we trip over with the service.

We are eager to host you again and spoil you as only you deserve.

Strum that air guitar!!!
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

The hotel has a great location in a very long beach in Nuevo Vallarta.
The lobby is large and spacious but some of the decorations are falling apart.
The rooms are architecturally old and have been lightly refurbished. They stuck an enormous tub in the middle of the room that leaves the bed crammed against the window.
The food is the usual all-inclusive stuff. Not really premium stuff.
If you plan to just relax on the beach, it's a good place. Pool gets too crowded.

• Stayed December 2012
Hello Blankechler,

Thanks for sharing your opinion about our hotel. We really regret to know that this time we did not fulfill your expectations, despite the unique memorabilia of local and international artists as well as the friendliness and passion of our Rock Staff to deliver a fabulous service.

We have forwarded all your comments to our Management Team for revision in the areas where we have the opportunity to do it much better.

We sincerely would like to change your perception, we hope you will give us the opportunity to host you again and provide you with the service level you deserve.

Keep the good memories!!!

Been to Hard Rock Hotel Vallarta? Share your experiences!