I've been going to Paradise Village for about 15 years now, every summer. My family uses it as a timeshare which uses a point system for the rooms, and you pay your maintainence fee and are garunteed a week stay. We are also members which come with very worthwhile benefits.During the week, Sunday I believe, the hotel offers a members party (members only obviously). There they offer lots of cool prizes like massages at the palenque spa which has two locations, one thats a couple minute walk at the same building as the gym, and the other near the El Tigre golf course. Some other prizes include free jet-ski rides, a game of golf, parasailing, bottles of tequila, shirts, drinks, and the best of them all...a free week! Also at the member party are free drinks, entertainment and fun games. Also for members you get a special discounted rate on drinks, food, and activities.
The staff is very friendly, helpful, and the activities team is absolutely amazing every year! They do a very good job of getting the vacationers involved in games and a lot of them you are able to win prizes like drinks, or a bottle of tequila. It's a VERY family friendly resort and they make sure to cater to all age groups. Im 21 years old and after going there for 15 years and not being sick of the place says something! Its a greaaattt place to make new friends and exciting memories.
As for the food, its ok. Nothing special. But the resort has themed nights that are very fun and I recommend going to at least a few! Western night and italian night are two of my favorites! They start off with a buffet, which is pretty good and continue later in the evening with games, and entertainment. Western night is all you can drink as well! These nights do cost money to attend.
If your looking to get out of the hotel then downtown puerto vallarta is maybe a 20min cab drive, or they also have a bus that comes which isnt bad either. There's also the option of renting a car, but I would only recommend if you know their road system and your way around because its quite different! Downtown has a lot of shopping, restaurants, sightseeing, and clubs or bars if your interested in the nightlife. If you want to go somewhere thats not so touristy then Boucerias is a great place to try out real bartering (when you name your own price and get the seller to bring their asking price down.) Be smart though! Some places will have the same thing and sell it to you for cheaper. Remember, you can always walk away from a deal. Boucerias has a lot of real family owned restaurants, and most are located on the beach so you can always take a little swim too! But be careful! Its not like the resort so the depth of the water can change by a foot or two really quick. There's also a place to swim with the dolphins near the resort which is fun for every age. There's a kiosk located in the mall where you can book activities such as ATVs, dinner cruises, canopy tours, deep-sea fishing and more. You can also do this at the consierge's desk in the main lobby at the hotel.
The rooms are very nice, comfortable, and the room service is great! Any food left over from the week we usually give to the maid who is always greatly appreciative. The kitchens are fully equipped with anything you would need for cooking. Warning though! When the maids mop, the floors are very slippery!
When it comes to the beach, there are vendors allowed on the beach so that can be annoying at times if your not looking to buy anything. There are lots of activities like boogie boarding and banana boats available for use. The water is warm, and it has good sized waves that are safe.
Overall, it's an amazing place and Paradise Village had been a huge part of my life. I could talk forever about it and everything it had to offer. Ive done just about everything you can possibly do here so if you have questions, just email me!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover your Paradise! Elegantly situated in the heart of Nuevo Vallarta, Riviera Nayarit, located within its own peninsula all set against a spectacular tropical backdrop, Paradise Village Resort and Spa is an all inclusive and European plan all-suite designer accommodations beachfront hotel, is a five star development that offers a gorgeous beach! Just 15 minutes away from Puerto Vallarta International Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Expedia, Despegar.com, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Paradise Village Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paradise Village Hotel Nuevo Vallarta
- Paradise Village Beach Hotel
- Paradise Village Nuevo Vallarta
- Paradise Village Puerto Vallarta