“Even a member understands the negativism!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Paradise Village Beach Resort & Spa

You added Paradise Village Beach Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Paradise Village Beach Resort & Spa
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   Av. Paseo de los Cocoteros #1 | Bahia de Banderas, Nuevo Vallarta 63732, Mexico   |
Ranked #16 of 27 Hotels in Nuevo Vallarta
A TripAdvisor Member
“Even a member understands the negativism!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2006

Let me open by stating I truely like Paradise Village. I feel the facilities and the location are top-notch! I have been back every other year since 2001 and will continue to go back. And, yes, I am a Vacation Club member. All that said I do sympathise with the high pressure tactics used to get visitors to buy into the club. Even as a member I am burdened by this from time to time. My advice to people thinking about joining Paradise Village, or any other vacation club for that matter, is to buy the membership second hand and skip the initial high-pressure tactics used at the point-of-sale.

I purchassed mine from my best friend at the payoff price. He told me of the 2 hour pressure sale he experienced as he talked them down in price. Even while speaking fluent Spanish he found them difficult to deal with. I would not have been so fortunate or patient if I had done this myself. Do yourself a favor and bypass this situation and buy from someone selling an established membership. You won't regret it!

As I said even as a member you feel the pressure. It's perfectly OK to accept one of their breakfast seminars, and they really hold you to it, for they seem to know how to find you. It's all how you go about it. I had no intention of upgrading my membership to yearly points instead of every other year. But seeing as though I was hungry and wanted breakfast I agreed to listen to them. I listend and politely told them that during this economy that my equity was tied up in other things, but I will keep the upgrade in consideration. How could they argue that? Surprisingly that passified them. I'm sure they are harder on non-members, because they've already got my money, they just wanted more of it.

As a member you also have to get used to the constant hounding of staff trying to schedule your entire vacation for you. You just have to have a certain mind-set and script out your responces ahead of time. "Sorry Carlos, no horseback riding today", "Sorry Carlos, swimming with Dolphins is not my thing", "Sorry Carlos, if you really want to see me puke, just put me on a Deep Sea Fishing boat!" Best thing is to get Carlos's cell number, and they all have one, and reasure him that you will contact HIM if you decide to do anything. Hopefully after the first three days they know to leave you alone.

This might not be so easy for those you go to Paradise Village with the intent of staying there the whole time. When I go to P.V. I like to experience all of it, and look at the resort only as a place to sleep. Remember this is Mexco and it's not the safest place. Due to their great security I find great relief in having a safe place to retire come night-time.

Paradise Village is a great place, you just have to go about it the right way. Don't let these places stress you out and push you around. It's supposed to be a vacation, right?

• Stayed October 2004

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (368)
Palm Desert, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2006

We made our tenth visit to Paradise Village Beach Resort and Spa and as on the first the experience was well worth it. Over the visits the property has expanded to now include a shopping center and several very good restaurants. In fact we only go into Puerto Vallarta twice during our visits to eat at two very special restaurants that we like. Paradise Village is well named, it truly is Paradise. The entire staff from Management to Housekeepers are well trained and are there to make sure your visit is a good one. The facilities now include a Sports Club on the grounds of the El Tigre Golf Club. The Sports Club has a very large outdoor pool, workout gym, steam rooms, racket and hand ball courts. A wonderful childrens pool and play area. A very nice restaurant. El Tigre Golf Course is a 18 hole championship course that beginners to the scratch golfer will just enjoy. The staff at the Golf course makes you feel like family and way they say "welcome home" they mean it.

If you like a masssage, you have three options: Golf Course Spa, Spa at the main property, or a massage in one of the rooms on the beach. Not bad.

This is a wonderful vacation destination to take the entire family. There are enough things to do for the kids and adults right on the grounds of the property that you really never need to leave. The rooms are al fully equiped suites that one could live in permanently if needed. Oh yeah, I forgot to mention the Zoo. There is a small Zoo on property. The animals were all injured at one time and are not being nursed back to health or have been rescued from some area in the world. Late in 2004 one of the Tiger's had a female cub. So we have been able to watch her grow. She is now full size and one very pretty cat.

Paradise Village is MUST visit location. If you want to enjoy stress-less getaway this is the place. We have already booked for 2007. Number 11 and we cannot wait for the future visits. It has become our must go to place.

• Stayed May 2006, traveled on business
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2006

My husband and I stayed in Paradise Village the first week in May of this year. We had been there the same week last year and enjoyed ourselves so much that, upon arriving back to New York, we immediately made arrangements to return this year. We are timeshare owners and on both occasions were able to exchange a studio unit for a one-bedroom unit at Paradise Village. The one-bedrooms have a king bed, sofabed in living room, two TVs, two bathrooms, a large balcony, and kitchenette with full-size refrigerator, microwave, stove-top burners, dishes and utensils for four. There is also a coffee maker, but be aware that if you use the coffee packet that they supply, you will be charged. Better to bring your own or buy it at the supermarket in the mall right at the entrance to PV. The resort is beautifully landscaped with two pools and an expansive beach with plenty of palapas. It's at the very end of a strip of hotels and resorts so you get a sense of privacy. There are several outdoor restaurants overlooking the beach that serve lunch and dinner. Even though some may consider their prices to be a little expensive, you can't beat the view, especially at sunset. There is also live entertainment with dinner. We did not opt for the all-inclusive and, when we tallied up what we had spent at the end of the week, it was less than if we had gone all-inclusive. And believe me, we did not hold back on eating or drinking. There are also other dining options in the mall, including a McDonald's and Subway. I would recommend The Jungle for dinner. The food was excellent and every night there is a different entertainment theme. You can also charge your bill to your room. If you choose to leave the resort, getting around is easy. Bus and taxi rates are posted outside the lobby so you know exactly how much you should be paying to your destination. The bus runs every fifteen minutes from right outside the mall and will take you to downtown Puerto Vallarta for 12 pesos, which is roughly a US dollar and change. There is plenty to do and see in town, with many restaurants, shops and nightclubs. One "must see" is the flea market down by the Rio Cuale. If you prefer to be on a tour, there are plenty to choose from. We only did one, and if that's all you do, make it the Rhythms of the Night. By catamaran you are taken to a secluded spot called Las Caletas where you will dine buffet-style in a romantic setting. At sundown you are ushered to a theater built into the side of a mountain where you will see a live pre-Hispanic show consisting of dancers accompanied by beating drums and ancient instruments. Afterwards, you board the catamaran for your return trip under the starlit skies. Puerto Vallarta and Paradise Village make for one of the best vacations you could ever have. Did I mention that we're returning May 2007?

• Stayed May 2006
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2006

Loved everything about our vacation in Nuevo Vallarta - super spot. We did not take an all inclusive so cannot comment on the food. We did go to an Italian night and it was great but a little pricy. Found the special evenings too pricy so we just didn't go - lots of other things to see and do. We did 90% of our own cooking. Close to shopping mall which was so convenient. Went to exercise programs Great and spa Great. Loved the little pool for lane swimming. On most occasions I was the only person in it. The staff were friendly and helpful. When we frist got there we were appointed a room on the ground floor - not good for single women. It did not take long to be relocated on the 4th. Would definitly go back.

• Stayed January 2006
Billings, Montana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2006

We went to Puerto Vallarta for the first time in May. We ended up purchasing a time share at Paradise Village. The beach is absolutely beautiful...very safe for kids. We para-sailed right off the beach, we jet skiied, we walked, we just lounged. The grounds are kept so clean. We felt very safe. Paradise offers very nice accomodations, the food was very good and the staff was so helpful. Our kids are 14 and 15 and loved it...very unusual for teenagers. WE can't wait to return next year. The flight connections from Montana was 6 hours to and 5 hours return which was so convenient. Ou vacation was the best ever....you will love Paradise Village...a shopping malll, laundry facility, and fast foods are right there for your convenience. The Marina is right there too so fishing trips, or water access is right there. Downtown Puerto Vallarta is about 20 minutes away and you can hop on the bus right at the hotel or get a taxi. The golf course is gorgeous. Paradise has it all...if I were you, I would choose Paradise !! You won't regret it. John and Hertha Voorhis, Billings, Montana

• Stayed May 2006
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2006

My sister and I requested a room with 2 beds. The hotel was fully booked upon arrival and we waited 2 1/2 hours for a "broom closet" --- a room without the light of day. The hotel did not even register me, so no one could reach me by phone.

The second day we were given a room with a queen bed and a rollway cot--- all they had left. Also, we were overwhelmed by Time Share reps. within the hotel the first 2 days.

I spent most of my vacation trying to find people to assist us. Being a huge complex that it was, we felt put off. Overall, we were not happy with this large complex.

Stayed March 2006
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2006

We have been members of Paradise Village since November of 1999. We have always been impressed with the builder, Graziano. We can't say enough about it. The staff is so very helpful and friendly. We have known some of the staff since 1986 at a previous develpment that Graziano built and we have remained close with them.
The grounds and lobby are spectacular and the pools are beautiful.
The beach is probably the most beautiful in all of the Puerto Vallarta area. The rooms are exquisite and well maintained. The entertainment is great and the staff has so many activities planned, so there is never a lack of something to do.
The restaurants are reasonably priced and have a variety of menus to suit any palate.
As we stated before, we can't say enough about Paradise Village, it is truly a paradise and a wonderful get-away.

Edward and Dolores Wright

• Stayed February 2006

Been to Paradise Village Beach Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!