“Wonderful winter escape” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Paradise Village Beach Resort & Spa

You added Paradise Village Beach Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Paradise Village Beach Resort & Spa
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   Av. Paseo de los Cocoteros #1 | Bahia de Banderas, Nuevo Vallarta 63732, Mexico   |
Ranked #16 of 27 Hotels in Nuevo Vallarta
“Wonderful winter escape”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2005

Just got home from a one week stay at Paradise Village. It is a beautiful place for adults and adults with kids. We will return and next time bring our kids. The spa is very relaxing and worthwhile. The food was very good but we ate a lot at the nicer restaurants in the within- walking- distance mall. The all-inclusive plan is definitely not worth it as they have restrictions on it!The beach was glorious and the activities were fun. We loved fiesta night. The tours on ATV and horseback were fabulous. This is an excellent place to go if you want to relax somewhere warm and you don't even have to leave the resort if you don't want too- everything you couild want or need is on-site.

A few negatives, the service needs work they were very slow at responding to immediate wants and needs. The timeshare presentation although low-pressure was a waste of time and no great deals or discounts were given. I would rather have paid for the trip to Yelapa. The entertainment staff was more interested in flirting with the young teenagers and getting them drunk than in entertaining and helping the guests. They tried to put us in the basement for our stay because we traded-in as timeshare owners elsewhere. I refused to stay there and Martin was of tremendous help.
I am recommending this place to everyone I know- it is the perfect vacation for grown-ups. The scenery is breathtaking.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (368)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2005

We have just returned from a week all-inclusive vacation at the Paradise Village. (March 6-13)We were concerned about our all-inclusive package because there had not been anything good mentioned by previous travellers. Well, let us reassure anyone travelling to Paradise with an all-inclusive. It was GREAT!! Our family , seven of us - from baby to Grandma - were able to enjoy wonderful dinners without having to make any type of reservation. Our favorite resturant area was the Maya. (I think that is the name -past the quiet pool heading away from the Marina) The service was outstanding and the food sublime. Breakfasts were delicious and the staff were very helpful, friendly and accomodating. Most of the family went for the buffet, which was fresh and very well stocked, but you could order off the menu if so desired. If you just wanted a coffee, mocha or latte and muffin the lobby coffee shop was a great choice and I was surprised to see that it was also included in our all-inclusive package. There were a few things that you could pay extra for, but it was easy enough to enjoy ourselves and stay within the allinclusive guidelines.
The Paradise Village beach has many Palapas' and wonderful ratan mats for placing on the sand if you desire. Those mats were perfect as the baby didn't like the sand and would stay on the mats in the shade of the palapas. And once again the service was impeccable! We never left the beach all day and the waiters kept the water, drinks and fanastic food flowing all day! There is lots of activities to keep you busy, beach volley-ball, pool-volley ball, soccer, water polo, boogie boarding, kayaking, walking......
With the marina so handy five of us went fishing for 4 hours. What a blast. If you have the time this was a great adventure. We hooked five, but caught two Jack Caravelles, and saw tons of turtles and dolphins .

As for the time-share people we were NEVER bothered!! At check-in my brother-in-law thought he might be interested but changed his mind and that was that, no hounding , no chasing, nothing....

Last, slightly irritating, were the towel requistions. All I can say about that is make sure that they mark off your towels when you return them. And relax.. if that is the only irritation then you are in Paradise.
ps We usually go to Maui and I found the Paradise Village like the Maui Resort but I never had to pull out my wallet. Perfect!

ottawa, canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2005

Just got back from a 1 wk stay at the resort, and really enjoyed it.

We are a family of three with a 3 year old daughter. We found the place to be very family friendly.

The place was well kept, the ground is always clean, planty of place to seat, never had trouble finding 3 seat around the pool or on the ocean front. Service was excellent, a bit slow at times but over all great.

We had a Junior Suite, with one queen bed and a sofa bed. Our room 1421 was in the old building facing the road and the zoo. It's a good sized room, larger than most hotel rooms. The bed is too firm for my husband, but I found it nice - bed is made of a firm mattress placed on a concrete platform. The sofa bed is not in the best shape, so we simply moved the mattress onto the floor, which was fine for our 3 year old. We enjoyed convinience of having the full kitchen. We didn't cook very much, but we did make our own breakfast most days, and had them on the balcony. My only complain about the room is that it is not very sound proof, specially when people above you run water for anything, you can hear the water dripping through the pipes - which can be annoying late at night or early in the morning. Also the air condition was quite noise, so we always turned it off in the evening.

The grocery store near by was very nice, had most daily food items, such as eggs, bread, butter, water, juice, fresh fruit & vegs, cold cuts and a very good alcoholic drink collections ... there also are things like sun screen, sun glasses life jacket, and a little phamacy in the store. All prices are comparable with Canada. In most cases, if you buy the local brand it is a lot cheaper, but if u buy the "home" brand it is a bit more expensive - for example 750 ml bottled water cost 4.5 pesos for the local brand, but 12-15 pesos for U.S. brands. Whenever possible we tried the local brands and was happy with most things - the local brand of butter taste quite different than what we are used to.

On the first day, due to lack of small change, I gave 20 pesos tips to the maid, and she did the normal clean ups in the room. After the first day, I gave 30 pesos a day tips, with that the maid not only did the normal clean ups, but also helped us with some dishs, and when there were no dishs to clean, she made towel animals.

We tried 4 of the restuarants in the hotel, and liked them all. I think the price is fair. Most dinner comes between $30-$50 canadian for two, including drinks and tips. The quality of the food is very good. My husband and I dine out a lot and enjoys trying different style of cuisines. We liked their Mexican food the most, but the Italian food there was quite nice as well, maybe not as good as what we had in Italy but not far from it. As expected, the food in the hotel is a bit more pricy than what you can find out side, but it is still reasonable. I think the quality of the food is a lot better than any of the all inclusive places we have tried in the past, including some "high end" adult only 4-5 star resorts.

The play ground on the beach was very enjoyable for both daughter and parents. We were able to keep eyes on our daughter and enjoy the ocean view at the same time. The play structure is very nice, but adult supervision is a must - we saw a boy fall off the play structure while playing, thankfully he was not hurt. Also there is a jungle gym in the mall, it is nice play place for the kids, but again adult supervision is a must, we have had trouble with older kids doing dangers jumps on it and we also met a 9 yr old girl who broke her angle on there. Still with proper supevision, it is a fun place for kids.

The time share people didn't bother us too much. One lady sitting in the hotel lobby with a "guest service" tag on, did talk with us a few times. Starting by trying to help us with a few things, but eventually asked us to go to the time share tours, with some "attractive" incentives. I politly told her we are not interested, and she didn't bothered us after - but she was also not as helpful as she was before, surprise ;-)

It is convinient to have the shopping mall next to the hotel, but except for food, the price in the shopping mall is generally not very good. I bought a blanket in the market, that same evening I found the same blanket sale for double the price in the mall. The shops in the mall rarely were willing to negotiate, when they do, the most you get is 10% off the asking price, which is still a lot higher than what u will find in down town. So unless you are not planning to go into town, don't do your (non-food related) shopping for in the mall. Same goes with the beach vendors.

Finally, I highly recommand a trip to downtown. It takes over 30 min to get to town from Paradise village by bus, but the trip is well worth it. We took the public bus to downtown, and enjoyed every bit of it. People are extremely friendly and helpful, the bus route is simple to manage, the ride can be bumppy at times but it is all an experience, and I believe it's an experience worthwhile.

• Stayed March 2005
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2005

This was our 2nd visit to PV Mexico and were very happy with the location of the resort.The beaches are great--the restaurants overlooking the ocean better than average with very friendly staff.Our first room was an ocean-front but on the main floor overlooking a noisy pool.We were able to change to 6th floor(do not take any thing less)with a fantastic view of the ocean. Our biggest problem was the communication between all staff--this is a time share resort with kitchen.We could not get a fry pan for 3 days and finally got one after much confusion--if I didn't return it I would be charged $8.US.We were charged $77.US for beach towels that we had tried to return before the day before but no one was there to take them. Luckily we had a receipt.Our stay was 7 days but after 5 they were asking us to check out--what a confusion. Watch the restaurants as they may charge you for something such as the dessert bar which is not part of the salad bar. No money is taken at any of the restaurants-just charged to your account at the end which can be a plus so as not to carry money. And watch out for the timeshare reps who will try to get your valuable time at this resort and the airport--it's not worth it--let me tell you--got a whale watching tour with no whales.The entertainment is fair to good--the best was the country night and the Fiesta so-so.The resort has it's own shopping mall with a good grocery store and a few other restaurants.The view of the habour is great and a marina room would be good if high enough up.

Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2005

My wife and I travel the Carribbean and Mexico extensively and totally loved this place. First, its very lush, clean and well staffed. Anyone who says otherwise does not understand the culture in Mexico. We booked a Jr. suite which is a room with a kitchen, bathroom, bed and balcony. Upon our late arrival, no Jr. suites were left so they upgraded us to a two bedroom Penthouse. They did this without us asking. The suite was large with two bedrooms, each with large marble tubs and showers. The Grounds are imaculate, lush and very tropical, with endless palm trees. The beach has about 250 Palapa's to sit under to keep you out of the dirrect sun and the staff is constantly coming around asking if you need drinks or food. There is a Mall right across the street with a grocery store, and 8 placed to eat. If you have kids or just feel like a "back home" fast food break, there is Subway, Domino's Pizza and McDonalds along with some other good places to sit and eat. I would recommend this place to anyone who wants a tropical vacation, on the ocean with everything you would want in a resort. The beach is wide, flat and typical Pacific West Coast, with light brown sand, and alot of waves, at least in March. I read another review about the food costing too much. Honestly, its on par. with the U.S. prices and I expect this at a great resort. This place is not over done and is just plain fun !

• Stayed March 2005
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2005

I just came back from a 10 day stay at beautiful Paradise Village. This is my 5th trip and I always feel like I'm coming home when the taxi takes the winding drive back to the resort. The staff is extremely friendly and I look forward to seeing familiar faces. The beach is kept very clean and is wonderful for taking long walks. The surf is great for young and old alike. Great boogie boarding! The spa is top notch and the food at the onsite restaurants is fairly good. The Paradise Village Mall also offers a variety of restaurants and a well stocked grocery store. There are also several really good restaurants a 50 peso cab drive away.

oregon, florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2005

Spent 3 wonderful weeks in 97 with daughter her best friend and her Mom to celebrate girls 30th birthdays, a promise made to them in jr. high school. Oh the Spa, had a penthouse suite on the corner facing everything you could want. We go back all the time. Town was wonderful especially if you walk and get off the beaten track (where life really happens), the extra trips we took were great especially going into the rain forest by horseback! the staff was great! security could not be better

• Stayed October 2005

Been to Paradise Village Beach Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!